PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Aaron
05-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Hello,

I am a young male who is living in germany. On my path I stumbled upon this forum. After I read a few threads and posts of some members I was sure there is alot to learn here.

When I was about 16 years old, I decided to stop listeting to my fanatic religious mother or my fanatic sceptical atheistic father, when it comes to the question what life is about and if there is a god or not. I was curious, and all I wanted since then, was to know the truth. So I started researching myself.

That's where I began my journey.

Thank's to the influence my parents had on me, I didn't want to search in the western civilization. So I started with the eastern beliefs.
I started meditating without expecting anything out of the ordinary. And I started it without any guidance. Just by reading about a simple breathing practice and some hints on focussing. After the first few sessions I was convinced there was more behind this. Soon I experienced what seemed to me like impossible wonders, at that time.

The more I searched for the truth in our world, the more I was dragged into the political/economical section. I was pretty interested in conspiracy theories. Everyone who knows some of those, knows that you easily get dragged from one theme into another. So I was floating around (long time in my life) from one mountain of unprocessable information to another. At some point I believed that the world is just a place full of egoistic, a**ho***. So I began to become one myself. Not exactly what you would normally term an a**ho***, but a liar. I lied to everyone about everything when I was ashamed, or simply to not have to explain something. I stopped searching for the truth because I believed it wasn't possible to find it amongst all those informations which lead to even more informations.

I became depressed. Everything in my life mirriored my 'lying being'. The world around me was dark, I was acting out a role I thought, everyone was expecting from me. I stopped meditating at this time. And when the world was darkest, I found a term called 'the dark night of the soul'.
In short: It's supposed to be a very dark time in everyones life on it's path to enlightment. At this point I will not claim I am on the path of enlightment or anything. But at this time it was an important term for me which made me actually believe that everything is going to be better.
One might say I read what I needed to read.

So my interest in spirituality was back. And I decided to restart my search. I don't remember exactly what the reason was, but something in between "The dark night of the soul" and Alchemy led me to "Magick". I was reading Eliphas Levi's - Dogme et Rituel and was fascinated by the Symbol of Baphomet.
After some more time searching (mostly in encyclopedia of freemasonry) I found out that in many texts, symbols are secret messages. Baphomet f. e. is a symbol which contains the hermetic principles; plus some meanings I don't quite understand yet.

This led me to reading The kyballion (more than once by now). Then I realized (not just knowing but true understanding) that there is no random in the world. Not just in the sense of "cause and effect" but in the sense of "every cause and effect has a meaning for the person which perceives it". This made me realize that every information available has a reason for being available. And everthing is information. The wish for understanding kept me going; and I started transforming my feelings and me as a being. Destroying my ego everyday. This is what ultimately led me out of depression.

Seeing alchemy in everything was the most exciting experience in my life. The pop music (which I highly disliked at this time) started to actually make sense. I am not talking about the "I had a break up and now I listen to sad music." sense, but about the "wow this text+video+usedthings is a message in symbols of alchemy". A simple message for the profane in the front f.e. "the part with the breakup". Using symbols/words/phrases/etc. from ancient knowledge for a message in the back. The same goes for movies or series.
At this point I knew, the world was communicating back, even though I didn't (and still don't) completely understand it.

For now I am sure that my depression was the first 'calcination' which is discribed as the first of the seven steps of alchemy. When I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror it was, because I wasn't myself. Symbolically speaking: My ego had to die in the fire so I could emerge from the ashes.

I don't know why this text became so long. I'll come back to the important part... My introduction.

Anyways, so I realized "As above so below, as below so above." that the world around me was also a mirror of my inner world. I saw that an actual attempt to communicate exists (even though the word 'communicate' sounds strange in the context... probably because communication is something actively done, while what in the world happens seems to be more 'passive'); therefore I focused more on my sorroundings. This action led me to find this forum.

Something happend, I searched if I could find the meaning behind this and I was lead to a thread in this forum. I read it and closed the forum again. Later, the same day, something else happened again and I searched for a meaning behind it. I, once again, was led into this forum.

Apparently there is alot to learn from here.

That's why I asked for my Registration. And that's why I wrote such a wall of text as an introduction. I started to write with the thought of "Don't tell too much about yourself, you don't know anyone here." in mind... and I ended up explaining almost everything. :rolleyes:

Well, here I am. Hello everyone.

Andro
05-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Hi Aaron, thank you for your revealing introduction and for opening up.

Glad you've made it here. There is a lot to be searched and found in this Forum's large database, on a rather wide variety of interconnected topics.

I hope you'll find materials to assist you along your path, and I also hope you will actively participate in exchanges we are having here on the Forum.

If I may ask - in what area of Germany are you located?

Welcome to Alchemy Forums!

Aaron
05-13-2015, 11:55 AM
Hi,

thanks for the kind welcome.

I live in bavaria. :)

Kiorionis
05-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Hello Aaron,
Welcome to these alchemical forums ;)

The "Dark Night of the Soul" is something most of us here are intimately familiar with, so it's good you've finally signed up!

Awani
05-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks for your introduction. Sounds like a normal journey to this place/forum. LOL.

Be as open as you like. If someone starts attacking you personally don't worry. Such people are not welcome here. I am quite open myself I think. If you need to share then share. Only fools will judge you.

Life is an initiation to the higher self and what can aid this alchemical transformation is to "find the others", which you have done.

Welcome.

:cool:

Aaron
05-13-2015, 01:23 PM
The "Dark Night of the Soul" is something most of us here are intimately familiar with, so it's good you've finally signed up!

Thanks for your introduction. Sounds like a normal journey to this place/forum. LOL.

Well this sounds easing. Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Awani
05-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Also sharing/posting/writing can sometimes make it go away (if it is a problem/issue) or manifest (if it is a goal/intention/wisdom).

Dendritic Xylem
05-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Greetings! I think this forum will help you obtain what you seek.

Ghislain
05-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Bavaria Aaron :confused:, not really Germany then ;o) just kidding.

Your intro sounds very much like my journey, I could relate to much of what you said.

I have not read The Kybalion, but it is on my "to do" list; is there a recommended version with a guide to understanding it?

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Ghislain

Awani
05-13-2015, 02:43 PM
I have not read The Kybalion, but it is on my "to do" list; is there a recommended version with a guide to understanding it?

It is a pretty easy read compared to normal alchemical texts.

KYBALION pdf (http://marjadevries.nl/universelewetten/kybalion.pdf)

Aaron
05-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Bavaria Aaron :confused:, not really Germany then ;o) just kidding.

;-) :p

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I am not sure if there can be a guide for understanding. I read the german version the first time. The second time I read it in english and it seemed to me that much important knowledge was lost in translation (in the german version). Also it seemed that everytime I read in the kybalion new understanding seem to appear (depending on my current state of perception of course).

I haven't found a pdf of it yet and my browser links were deleted lately. But I am pretty sure this was the homepage I read it on: http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.php

Andro
05-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Here are two Kybalion related threads on Alchemy Forums:

Kybalion (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?124-Kybalion) (older thread)

Kybalion - The 7 Hermetic Principles (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3915-The-Kybalion-The-7-Hermetic-Principles)

Links to text & audiobooks are provided on those threads.

As for a 'guide to understanding', a quote from the book:

"The lips of wisdom are sealed except for the ears of understanding."So, I guess we could say our own wisdom is the guide to the level of understanding we are able to achieve...

Also see THIS (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4098-The-Hermetic-Foundations-Of-Alchemy&p=34574#post34574) for potentially complementary information.