PDA

View Full Version : The battle with the strong Ego's

Aaron
05-22-2015, 09:18 AM
I am not sure if this is the correct subforum, but it seems to fit.

Hi,

it seems like the more battles I win against my different ego's, the harder the following battle's become.

Is there any advice you can give me for the war against the Ego of Fear and Lust?

With fear especially. Since a few month now I thought that I have conquered fear, and that nothing in this world can make me fearful again. But suddenly something happend. A conflict appeared for which I laid the foundation in the past, before I began to change. Now it's coming back at me, and it scares me as hell because it might be powerful enough to destroy everything I worked for in the past five years of my life.

I know that it shouldn't scare me, because everything is transformation, and it might be important that this part of my life is destroyed so it can become something new. Especially because it's foundation was built on my past behaviour (or my ego-self). But still I fear this change and what might follow so much, that I couldn't even sleep without thinking of it last night.

And even worse. I don't know how to face it. I know I should be truthful and true with everyone about everything concerning this problem, but I don't even remember the truth from back then... How can I be honest/truthful when I don't know what the truth is? I have forgotten what I thought when I laid the foundation (the cause) which now becomes the effect I fear.

It's the first time that I fight against an Ego, without knowing the right way to win this fight. Until now, I always knew I had to face my fears with the truth, but this time I don't know how I should face this fear. Am I supposed to "just let it happen without fearing the outcome" or what?

Is there someone with a good advice for the battle against fear? Or someone who remembers a similiar situation? Some advice you feel you could/should/can give here?

Also I don't know if this forum should be used as a place for advice on the path. If not, I am sorry. Please delete this thread then.

Best wishes.

A few minutes after I wrote this, it kind was kind of resolved on it's own. Everything went better than expected. Unfortunately I can't delete this thread, but I would have never believed that this problem would've been solved in such a short time. The world is fascinating. I thought it would change my life for the next few month dramatically. Maybe I had to face the fear by telling others about it.

Maybe this thread can still be useful. As an collection of advices agains the strong Egos: Lust, Fear, Anger, Envy/Jealousy, Greed, Lazyness, Pride,

So I'll try to give a first advice against fear: Just face it. Even if you don't know what will happen. Have good intentions and be courageous, life will find a way.

Kiorionis
05-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Hey there Aaron,

First off, I'm glad the issue "was kind of resolved on it's own." Funny how things work eh?

So I'll try to give a first advice against fear: Just face it. Even if you don't know what will happen. Have good intentions and be courageous, life will find a way.

I like this advice. Fear is something I still deal with, whether it's the smaller fear of criticism or fearing something that could possibly be life changing and move me out of my "normal" routine. In the end though I always end up laughing with the thought "That's what I was afraid of!?!"

:)

Awani
05-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Glad it worked out.

With fear especially. Since a few month now I thought that I have conquered fear, and that nothing in this world can make me fearful again. But suddenly something happend.

This is common I think. As soon as you think you have it you loose it. My girlfriend always says that it is the universe testing me. So never be cured. Instead always be on the path to recovery.

Also nothing wrong with having fear. As long as it doesn't dictate whatever you do. For instance I have vertigo and really fear heights, but I have never backed down from ascending some tall structure. I will not let fear dictate what I do. There is nothing to fear only fear. And nothing wrong with being afraid, if you use it. IMO.

:cool:

Ghislain
05-30-2015, 04:10 AM
False Evidence Appearing Real

Ghislain

Salazius
05-30-2015, 08:41 AM
False Evidence Appearing Real, could we say also : hallucinations ?

Andro
05-30-2015, 09:21 AM

If this be the case, then all of creation is FEAR :p

So never be cured. Instead always be on the path to recovery.

Well, there might be a cure... THE cure... But there's no recovery from it :)

Salazius
05-30-2015, 11:44 AM
http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/11/17/05/29/df4dc810.jpg

Aaron
05-30-2015, 10:21 PM

That's probably the most fitting description of fear I've ever read. I don't know the origin of the word, but if it was an acronym, this one would fit perfectly. Thank's for that. That truly is what it is.

Ghislain
05-31-2015, 09:28 AM

I think Hallucinations would be REAF ;) hehe...

Ghislain