PDA

View Full Version : Practical Sub-Forums?

Awani
01-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Should there be Sub-forums in this area of the forums?

And if so what should they be? How do we divide the subjects of Practical Alchemy in a logical way?

Give us your ideas and remember it is YOU who are the users of these forums, so this is your chance to improve them...

:cool:

solomon levi
01-12-2009, 08:43 PM
The only division that comes to my mind might be to seperate
recipes and theories - talk of practical alchemy - from actual work
that people are doing or have done.

Awani
01-13-2009, 01:20 AM
That is a good idea, but please be more specific...

What would you call these two forums? And how would you describe them in a short sentence to make it easy for members to understand what is what?

A third option could be Tools - for discussion regarding the equipments etc...

Don't forget that the parent forum Practical Alchemy fits all the general stuff...

Awani
01-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Practical Alchemy - The chemical, lab-related, scientific and transmutational aspects of alchemy (all general discussions goes here relating to practical alchemy).

- Recepies & Results - Members own recepies and results.

- Equipment - Discussions regarding the tools of the trade such as Crucibles, Furnaces, Pelicans and Vessels.

Awani
01-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Anyone agree?

Awani
01-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Bump!

I will be gone for a few weeks so I'd like to get this fixed before that. Personally I like this division that solomon levi inspired!

We need at least 2 sub-forums otherwise there will be way too many threads here...

Awani
01-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Is silence a YES or a NO?

kerkring
01-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Is silence a YES or a NO?

I also agree that there should be sub forums but I'm not sure as to which ones. Maybe like in the old forum?

Salazius
01-20-2009, 08:07 AM
I find the forum ok now.
But meybe sub forums could make it light ?

Awani
01-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Maybe like in the old forum?It is like the old forums now, there was no sub-forum in the Practical section.

solomon levi
01-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I guess I would call one part "The Lab" where personal practical
alchemy can be shared - recipes, methods, pics - of what we have
actually done ourselves.
Then another would have recipes or methods from books that we think
would be interesting or worth doing, but haven't done. Or to ask
questions on methods, how one would go about _______ ?(fixing a
volatile, for example).
"Equipment" could be a third sub-forum.

Aleilius
02-01-2009, 02:49 AM
I think m-state topics should have their own sub-forum.

There seems to be much controversy over this topic. Some say it doesn't fit into alchemy, others are vehement that it does. Regardless, until we've come to a conclusion, all topics related to m-state should be posted in the proposed m-state sub-forum.

Salazius
02-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I do believe that too.

Awani
02-04-2009, 04:47 PM
So should we try this then:

Practical Alchemy - The chemical, lab-related, scientific and transmutational aspects of alchemy (all general discussions goes here relating to practical alchemy).

- ORMUS & Monatomics - Discussions regarding ORMUS, ORMEs, M-State & Monatomic Transition Metals.

- Equipment - Discussions regarding the tools of the trade such as Crucibles, Furnaces, Pelicans and Vessels.

And if we try this what should we call the m-state? And what is a good short description? I did one option above.

I guess I would call one part "The Lab" where personal practical alchemy can be shared - recipes, methods, pics - of what we have
actually done ourselves.

Yes good idea, but perhaps this could go in the parent forum Practical Alchemy since it is what it is about anyway!

:)

Awani
02-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I will do these changes during the weekend... if we discover it doesn't work there is always a way to change it again!

It is all trial and error folks...

Awani
02-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Done!

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

This thread moved to site-related and I unstick it...