PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys

atmamo
06-05-2015, 01:08 AM
Its nice to meet you all and I hope that we all can learn more alchemy during my stay here. I am a practising western magician who works primarily with the microcosmic grimoire that is the NAP along with a few other tidbits. I will soon graduate to the Arbatel de Magia Veterum and then angelic summoning such as "Enochian"; I will probably stay away from the evocation of Goetic "demons" (they arguably can be classified as rebellious angels that want to see humanity suffer - when you put it like that it doesn't seem that pleasant at all.).

Now for alchemy; I want to learn alchemy for its potential to create medicines and enhancers which I can give or use for myself; it would really be useful for the maintenance and strengthening of health and mental ability along with the practice of meditation and IMA. However, I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to alchemy, so I will start with the recommendations of various members of this forum and read first the Golden Chain of Homer. Please bear with me while I remove a bit of my ignorance by exhausting that study list I built up. Until then, I might be able to just observe or provide a (maybe) helpful comment. Again, its nice to meet you all.

Awani
06-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Welcome to the forums!

:cool:

Kiorionis
06-05-2015, 01:44 AM
Nice to meet you as well, welcome!

atmamo
06-05-2015, 02:16 AM
Thanks! - I have a question: Have any of you ordered the RAMS library recently? I have heard of problems concerning this. Do these problems still persist?

crestind
06-05-2015, 03:59 AM
Welcome.

The guy who manages RAMS is generally quite busy with work since RAMS is just a side project for him, so it always took me 2 weeks or so to get my order. Just email him if you don't get it after a month.

Andro
06-05-2015, 06:54 AM
Welcome, atmamo.

The Golden Chain is an excellent book and readable many times over.

It's also one of the better books to help get your foot in the door (IMO) when it comes to Alchemy, a much better starter than the more modern/contemporary authors.

RAMS is a collection worth having, even if you have to wait a while for it. There are many little pearls scattered there and worth waiting for.

atmamo
06-05-2015, 06:46 PM
crestind -
Thanks, I was worried that there was going to be major problems.

Androgynus-
Yeah! The book practically says in the introduction that it hides a key to reach an initiatory spirit -

"And actually, he who enters the palace of this book and gives it more than a passing
glance, will finally pass "through all doors and reach the bed of
the naked queen." He will also encounter the "natural king" who
checks "the heart and kidneys" qui sarutatur aorda renes. And
both of them -- Queen and King will reveal to him the spirit of
the time in which "the chain" originated. This spirit, as a "seed,"
will enable the comprehension of other mystical-alchemical writings."

I just have some things to clear up and then I'll be able to really get into alchemy. Can you point me in a good direction to move towards? I have been reading the recent posts around this forums, but I lack the lemma/world view used by alchemists - so I don't have that overview of where to go yet.

Kiorionis
06-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Can you point me in a good direction to move towards? I have been reading the recent posts around this forums, but I lack the lemma/world view used by alchemists - so I don't have that overview of where to go yet.

The world view is typically called having 'hermetic vision', which is being able to visualize how the underlying Principles operate in Nature in order to manifest a matter, and also how the matter's manifestation is maintained, and how it evolves itself in the environment.

Concepts to look into are: the Archeus of Nature, Spiritus Mundi, and understanding the Alchemical Process as a whole (death towards rebirth).

Honestly I wouldn't bother with too much study on the 'Salt, Sulphur, Mercury' metaphors. A lot of dead ends that way, IMO.

atmamo
06-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks - any advice will really help.

Aaron
06-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Welcome atmamo! :)

I would recommend to read a dictionary with the explanations for the symbols used in alchemy. I have one open all the time I watch/read/listen-to something. All important messages are compressed in symbols.

Again, welcome. :)