PDA

View Full Version : LCHF diet

Awani
06-29-2015, 05:03 AM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-carbohydrate_diet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-carbohydrate_diet)

Age, as well as eating too much food with sugar, in conjunction with a lot of pasta, bread, rice and potatoes led me to gain too much weight.

My normal weight should be 75 kg (165 lbs), but I weighed 90 kg (198 lbs) about a month ago when I started my LCHF diet.

This diet basically means that you eat a lot of fat and vegetables. It's funny to eat fat in order to loose weight but it works really well.

In less than one month I have lost 8 kg (17 lbs) by doing nothing but once a week take a 90 minute walk.

So if you are a fat bastard I recommend this diet. ;)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/food-pyramid-2012_zps6pvokflm.png

:cool:

Dendritic Xylem
06-29-2015, 05:50 AM
It is true.
My friend lost over 100 lbs eating mostly animal fats and protein.
He actually didn't eat many vegetables, mostly just fats, eggs and flesh.
He said the weight dropped faster when he ate large quantities of eggs everyday.

It is also referred to as the ketogenic diet.

Check out the first 5 minutes of this video...
Eating butter actually makes you faster at arithmetic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2xhlIIueZY

I don't recommend avoiding vegetables, even though my friend seemed to lose weight just fine on only fat and meat.
If anyone has trouble cutting out carbs completely, then try slowly replacing your carbs with sweet potato.
Sweet potato is related to morning glories instead of nightshades like regular potatoes. Much more nutritious, and also has a low glycemic index.
I bake them, then dump a tablespoon of butter in it, along with garlic, basil, oregano, turmeric, and sea salt. Delicious!

Peter Barnes
12-27-2015, 08:02 AM
I'm a fat bastard also but lost weight by eating less and started light walking regularly.
I also believed in the low carb diet but not anymore, all animal foods have cholesterol, your liver already makes cholesterol you don't need extra from eggs, meats etc.
Food should be like a medicine - boring, bland and simple, but we want our food to be tasty and this is the dilemma.
I think the best diet is a vegan one supplemented with B12 and other multivitamins/minerals, animal proteins are carcinogenic period. What do bodybuilder eat? they need their muscles to? GROW!!! Animal protein pushes your cells to divide, increasing IGF1 hormone.
The guy who invented atkins was found to have a bad heart when he died accidentally, the paleo people's source of info/motivation comes from the dentist weston price died of a heart attack at 68 so this diet isn't great for cancer or your heart the 2 main killers.
Boring veggies, pure water and calorie restriction is the way to go IMO.
Oh, I was 115kg and went down to 106kg (in about 6 months) but my ideal weight should be 73kg so have a way to go still. Haven't followed the above advice by the way but avoid red meat and eat oily fish or chicken once a week and eat gluten free seeing as I have gluten intolerance, os I want o cut on on my carbs and replace with good carbs (complex) sweet potatoes, yam, brocolli etc.