PDA

View Full Version : Was Nikola Tesla a real-life alchemist or just a folkore of middle ages?

ATD
08-03-2015, 04:49 PM
im just wondering because i know so little about alchemy but it fascinates me it's mystycism and deontology

Illen A. Cluf
08-03-2015, 06:03 PM
im just wondering because i know so little about alchemy but it fascinates me it's mystycism and deontology

"Middle Ages"??? Tesla was a real person, no myth, and only died in 1943. Does your house have electricity? That was indisputably Tesla's invention, not Thomas Edison, as so many wrongly believe. The power plant at Niagara Falls? Again, largely Tesla's doing.

He was a scientist (Engineer and Physicist) par excellence, and not a mystic or alchemist.

Andro
08-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Maybe he means Nikola(!) Flamel ?

:)

crestind
08-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Ah, the internet is leaking onto this board.

"Middle Ages"??? Tesla was a real person, no myth, and only died in 1943. Does your house have electricity? That was indisputably Tesla's invention, not Thomas Edison, as so many wrongly believe. The power plant at Niagara Falls? Again, largely Tesla's doing.

He was a scientist (Engineer and Physicist) par excellence, and not a mystic or alchemist.
This.

ATD
08-04-2015, 07:48 PM
aaargh!!! so sorry guys!! i wanted to write nicola flamel but at the time when i was writing this thread i was reading a article on listverse about the ten most influential scientists of all time and i was confused so sorry!! my question was about if nicola flamel was a real person because i read on wikipedia that he was RUMORED to invent the philosopher's stone.And if you go to nicola flamel page on wikipedia it has a picture of his grave and i watched the thriler movie As Above so Below (the one of 2014 about the quest for philosopher's stone underneath Paris on catacombs)and the researcher was checking the grave plate of nicola flamel and somehow she was able to decipher it and that lead her to the beggining of her quest.

Awani
08-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Some related threads:

Nicholas Flamel (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?56-Nicholas-Flamel)

As Above, So Below - The Movie (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4124-As-Above-So-Below-the-movie)

:cool:

Awani
08-04-2015, 08:21 PM
To answer your questions: yes he was a real person... but who can say for sure, but IMO most certainly.

If Flamel managed to create the Stone is lost in legend, but he seemed to have been extremely wealthy, so perhaps...

In any case it doesn't matter if you are interested in the alchemical path. But I do not think alchemy is concerned with deontology...

:cool: