PDA

View Full Version : Argyria

archerner
09-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Personally I think this is awesome, if I could turn deep blue I might, not grey though. Was wondering if the way the silver digests and spreads to the skin through the blood could be alchemically altered. I'm sure most sellers of colloids for health supplements aren't artfully preparing their products. Modern medicine is at a loss to "cure" argyria, but they're at a loss for a lot of other things too.

https://mymedworld.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/argyria.jpg?w=652

It seems the impurities are being cast off through the skin and it crystalizes trapping it like a tattoo. It could be exciting to see what could be attached to im guessing the salt within silver to spread it through the skin.

A 2012 study of silver nanoparticles has indicated that only regular consumption of a large-particle silver compound is a likely causative agent of argyria.

The study links such consumption with the creation of the characteristic blue silver sulfide and silver selenide deposits present in reported cases of argyria. This is due to the rapid dissolution of silver nanoparticles in acidic environments, such as the stomach by oxidative dissolution and previous studies have shown that after the dissolution of silver, it can enter cellular environments through complicated proteins. Subsequently, exposure to UV radiation is able to reconvert silver ions to elemental silver spontaneously reforming silver nanoparticles which can be sulfidated to produce the silver sulfide seen in argyria cases.

http://www.marinmineral.com/db_pics/pics/na206e.jpg

Dendritic Xylem
09-10-2015, 03:01 AM
I read somewhere that the blue guy actually ingested silver salts and applied it topically before laying out in the sun. If you make your own colloidal silver at 10ppm (super easy and cheap) using only distilled water and pure fine silver electrodes, then I think your odds of getting argyria are slim. I consumed many gallons of homemade colloidal silver at 10 ppm within a two year period and I'm not blue or grey.

Since the sunlight is a major contributor to the silver tuning greyish/blue, I recommend using lots of colloidal silver during winter when solar radiation is low and colds/flu are high. Then hold off using it during the summer.

Another thing which might help prevent argyria is taking large doses spread apart by a month, instead of taking small amounts daily. This may give your body some time to flush out any extra accumulated silver. I used to drink 1-2 quarts once every 2-4 weeks.

I decided to stop using it unless I get sick...but that rarely happens.