PDA

View Full Version : RIP Aleilius

Seth-Ra
11-08-2015, 02:49 AM
I have found out today that an ex-member of AF, and brother in the Art, Aleilius (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/member.php?3-Aleilius), aka Logan Kennedy, has died. :(

I am still getting details from his brother, and waiting on an autopsy, as well as funeral dates.

Many of you are probably familiar with him, or his posts from over the years when he was active here, and like me, many of you probably were part of his other groups as well, and will no doubt miss him.

He was a complicated person, a good alchemist, a great chemist, and my friend.

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=921&d=1446950744

I will miss him... :(

~Jessie

Awani
11-08-2015, 03:07 AM
That is sad for his family and friends.

I will always remember him by his old username BeautifulEvil (http://alchemy-forums.forumotion.com/u7)...

Any details of how it happened? If it is because of something he made and then drank then we have to start issuing more warnings because then it happens way too often.

I am glad my lasts words, before we parted ways years ago, were words of love and kindness...

:cool:

Seth-Ra
11-08-2015, 03:26 AM
That is sad for his family and friends.

I will always remember him by his old username BeautifulEvil...

Any details of how it happened? If it is because of something he made and then drank then we have to start issuing more warnings because then it happens way too often.

I am glad my lasts words, before we parted ways years ago, were words of love and kindness...

I had the same questions about his lab work. His brother found nothing to indicate alchemy as a cause of death. But, alchemy wasn't the only thing he was making and experimenting with.

He also had a series of underlying health problems, of which I can't disclose/discuss (his and his brother's request).

Still waiting for the final ruling though.
I just spoken with him back on the 28th of October when he asked me to start doing more administrative work on his Practical Alchemy group on FB. (He always made me a mod or admin - but I usually just took it as a title of respect, and let him rule it all as he wanted. I guess I shoulda known something was up when he asked me to actually use the position in his stead... :( )

Illen A. Cluf
11-08-2015, 04:03 AM
That is a real shock! He wrote me only 4 days ago and seemed fine. He will be missed.

Kiorionis
11-08-2015, 05:34 AM
This is sad indeed. I've always stopped to consider his posts when skimming through random threads... not that that means much, but he seemed like an interesting person to say the least...

kerkring
11-08-2015, 05:47 AM
I will do some mantras and prayers for him.

zoas23
11-08-2015, 06:20 AM
I will do some mantras and prayers for him.

That's very nice.
I will light a candle and leave it burning all night long.

Me condolences to you, Jessie... the death of a friend is one of the most terrible things to deal with.

Andro
11-08-2015, 08:45 AM
I had a sleepless night.

The song 'Hotel California' was playing in a loop in my head most of the night.

I finally got out of bed, had some coffee, turned on the computer and saw this.

"Rest in Peace" shouldn't be a phrase we only say about those who have moved on.

It's a blessing for the living.

May our Minds be at Rest.

May our Hearts be at Peace.

'Rest in Peace' to us all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmDQFWNjHpA

"Fragile"

If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one
Drying in the colour of the evening sun
Tomorrow's rain will wash the stains away
But something in our minds will always stay

Perhaps this final act was meant
To clinch a lifetime's argument
That nothing comes from violence and nothing ever could
For all those born beneath an angry star
Lest we forget how fragile we are

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are

Salazius
11-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Condolences to his family and friends.

I was very surprized of the news this morning. Who could imagine that ?

I had no news of him since a moment, but he was very active in his researches in Alchemy, publications ...

I wish him a very good new cycle.

Seth-Ra
11-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Me condolences to you, Jessie... the death of a friend is one of the most terrible things to deal with.

Thanks.

I had a sleepless night.

The song 'Hotel California' was playing in a loop in my head most of the night.

I finally got out of bed, had some coffee, turned on the computer and saw this.

"Rest in Peace" shouldn't be a phrase we only say about those who have moved on.

It's a blessing for the living.

May our Minds be at Rest.

May our Hearts be at Peace.

[SIZE=4][SIZE=3]'Rest in Peace' to us all.

Ace (LGO) and I noted this cruel irony of life yesterday; we couldn't ever find the time or money to go see him and all when he was alive, but we are trying our best to try and make it to the funeral... Peace isn't the only thing that shouldn't be reserved for the dead, but all to often is, along with time, appreciation, etc.
Things to remember for the loved one still with us.

crestind
11-08-2015, 05:25 PM
It is very odd because just two days prior I began to feel quite exhausted and hopeless and now this happens...

Seth-Ra
11-08-2015, 09:35 PM
It is very odd because just two days prior I began to feel quite exhausted and hopeless and now this happens...

Dude, I know what ya mean. My lab is currently in shambles basically - from all the works done months ago, experiments, some fails some successes - but it's a wreck and a mess, and I just sorta got into this mood of "everything is failure and death!" literally the night prior... It wasn't "serious" - just this out of nowhere feeling and weight, that sent me into a 5 min rant to my friend I was skyping with... And then I wake up to this.

So very surreal.

Nibiru
11-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Sorry to hear this :( thanks for informing us Seth Ra

Seth-Ra
11-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Ok, it's been a long past few days for me...

Logan's family has set up a go-fund-me page to help cover the costs of his funeral.
If anyone would like to donate, here is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/x49gsedg
The family knows that many liked and appreciated him over the years, but can't make it to the funeral - so if you'd like to pay respects, they'd prefer any amount of donation to help out - and all such are greatly appreciated.

LGO and myself will be leaving tonight when we get off work and head to Texas for the funeral, which is tomorrow, and then spend a few days helping the family. I will try to check in from time to time - but my ambulance job has afforded me little sleep, I still have the security job this evening and then an 8 hour road trip before the hard stuff begins. :(

Message me and I'll respond when I'm able.

Thank you to Dev for allowing this post - and thanks to everyone on AF for being an awesome community of friends/brethren.

~Jessie

Awani
11-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Good luck with everything. And if you want to share in public or private what happened please do when you know more. Maybe we can be more vigilant in the future whatever the cause may be from accident, alchemical potion, disease or self-inflicted.

Andro mentioned this thread to me that might be of interest also (considering that physical death is pretty common it seems in the alchemical community): http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2868-quot-SOS-Alchemist-quot-in-Black-Phase.-Hotline

Ghislain
11-14-2015, 09:40 PM
I have been away...very sad news to return to.

RIP Aleilius/Logan Kennedy

Ghislain

True Initiate
11-16-2015, 03:05 AM
Oh man, i was away for couple of months and just got back to hear this news. I really hope that his death hasn't anything to do with Alchemy at all.

3+O(
11-18-2015, 05:00 PM
We only spoke a few times, but very sorry to hear this. God rest him.

Peter Barnes
11-26-2015, 07:22 PM
I didnt know Aleiius but maybe I can get to know him from his posts that live on, sad when a friend passes away, R.I.P. Aleilius. Was it anything to do with ingesting any Alchemical elixir or breating in fumes etc? I will pray for him now, he looked so young and healthy.

Philosophical
12-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Such a shame. May your soul rest easy and peacefully as it journeys into the next stage of being.