PDA

View Full Version : Scientific Divination

Awani
12-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Just had an idea.

Has anyone ever tried to use divination in combination with scientific research. In other words when trying to solve a scientific problem employ - apart from the scientific method - divination methods that perhaps could guide or inspire what scientific avenue to pursue in order to discover the result.

:cool:

Dendritic Xylem
12-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Check out A journal of the Mystery of Uri Geller by Andrija Puharich.

Puharich found out from Dr. Konstantin Raudive that one could record voices from the spirit dimension by adding a diode in series with the microphone input of a cassette tape recorder. This led to Puharich using the technology to learn much about the spiritual realm.

Also check out the book Transcendental Physics by Johann Zollner.

Zollner was a famous german astrophysicist and staunch skeptic of the paranormal. But after a visit by Karl Reichenbach, he started investigations into the phenomenon associated with seances. He brought several other skeptical scientists to observe the experimental seances. Their skepticism didn't last....

Awani
12-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Cool. I'll add them to my investigation list.

But your examples are investigations into the paranormal. I meant more trying to solve a biochemistry issue, or a quantum mechanic calculation etc. using divination (or such methods) as a tool to reach a result in "a mainstream science" field.

Kiorionis
12-20-2015, 12:01 AM
I haven't, but I like the idea. As long as you followed the scientific method thereafter, why should anyone worry over how you became inspired toward doscovery?

What method would be most useful for this, do you think? Tarot, runes, I-Ching? Or maybe we create our own system, based on fundamental principles to be applied towards physics and quantum physics? Possible?

The closest thing I've seen is Francis Bacon's 'Novum Organum Scientiarum', in which he outlines a system of scientific induction towards discovery rather than the classic deduction towards understanding.

Awani
12-20-2015, 12:42 AM
What method would be most useful for this, do you think?

Got side-tracked: Psychedelic Science (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4589-Psychedelic-science)

Above I suggested psychedelics, but thought that was a good thread on its own... other than that I don't know... with IChing (should be re-branded iChing) for instance I am not that "skilled/experienced" with. I know Ghislain is. We have to see if he has ever been able to use it to solve a problem...

Ghislain
12-20-2015, 11:38 AM
I meant more trying to solve a biochemistry issue, or a quantum mechanic calculation etc. using divination (or such methods) as a tool to reach a result in "a mainstream science" field.

Check out...

Mendeleev's Dream (http://www.dreaminterpretation-dictionary.com/famous-dreams-6.html)

I am only a novice myself in using the I-ching, but I believe all divination is but a route to the source of everything...the methods involved give you a focus. I have never tried to solve a problem as, by using the I-ching, I don't have any...hehe just kidding...I use it for general advice.

I shall try using the I-ching to solve a problem, can anyone think of a good one?

I shall have to ask if it is ok to use it in this way.

Ghislain

zoas23
12-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Cool. I'll add them to my investigation list.
But your examples are investigations into the paranormal. I meant more trying to solve a biochemistry issue, or a quantum mechanic calculation etc. using divination (or such methods) as a tool to reach a result in "a mainstream science" field.

YES... !!!!

Being myself devoted to Qabalah and Enochian, several times I've had to face extremely complex issues which are "mystical", but mostly rely on "maths".

Quite often the MATHEMATICAL answer to the "puzzle" came in dreams.

Of course, you may say that Qabalah and Enochian are not "science"... but I am mostly talking about "maths", it doesn't matter if they are applied to "Qabalah", "Enochian" or "Physics".

It happened to me several times that I spent a month trying to solve a "problem" and then I woke in the middle of the night being almost asleep and with a pencil and a paper I wrote notes were the answer was perfectly clear (and easy to understand on the next day when I was "really" awake).

Of course, this only happened because I was spending a lot of time trying to find an answer that was complex... but my subconscious mind found the answer before my conscious mind did.

Dendritic Xylem
12-20-2015, 11:13 PM

The examples I provided actually show means for contacting higher beings so that specific questions could be answered directly by these beings. These questions can be mainstream science oriented, as the authors found out. Isn't that basically the definition of divination? I must be honest, I haven't studied divination much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divination

Divination (from Latin divinare "to foresee, to be inspired by a god",[2] related to divinus, divine) is the attempt to gain insight into a question or situation by way of an occultic, standardized process or ritual.

crestind
12-21-2015, 06:54 AM
For some reason I always got the strange impression that people in the past obtained all their "occult" knowledge about topics such as alchemy through speaking to spirits. The processes are just so bizarre and far out I don't believe they could've rationally been discovered any other way. So scientific divination would be amazing if it works! Definitely an area to investigate.

Michael Sternbach
12-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Sometimes a scientist gets an idea in a dream (as has been mentioned). It is said that Kekule got the idea of the round benzoyl molecule by dreaming of a snake biting its own tail (the Ouroboros, actually). So maybe Tarot could be useful, as it has a language of dreamlike symbols.

zoas23
12-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Sometimes a scientist gets an idea in a dream (as has been mentioned). It is said that Kekule got the idea of the round benzoyl molecule by dreaming of a snake biting its own tail (the Ouroboros, actually). So maybe Tarot could be useful, as it has a language of dreamlike symbols.

Dreams are a marvelous source.
I LOVE Tarot, but I would be surprised is the result for a problem of this type comes from Tarot.

Also, quite often the inspiration comes from "something else" that is unrelated.
Leonardo da Vinci somewhere describes his method for scientific divination: he liked staring at a textured white wall for a long time... his imagination would create the well known effect of making an abstract shape (i.e, random dots and textures) look as something "real" that he related to the actual world (i.e, the same effect that makes us see "animals" or "faces" in the clouds).

Austin Spare, who liked Leonardo, developed the use of Sigils in combination with not-thinking... following procedures which were very close to the latter surrealism... He was not a man of science, but his methods were constantly used by him to "discover" things.

Sometimes the divination method can be as simple as relating something to something else. My closest friend is a "female to male" transgender (a woman who became a male). The "tits" were a problem from him before he had a "tits removal surgery". He had to use devices designed to flatten the belly, used by persons who want to look thin to his his "female tits". These devices were extremely bad designed for this "alternative use".

When his mother got the opposite, a breast implant, the doctors gave her something for the recovery phase to keep her new tits in place till they settle in the right place. Once his mother stopped using this device, he asked her to give it to her as to investigate it and he developed a device to conceal the tits using the same material, but a different design.... and became the "hero" of the local transgender community when he decided to create a non-for-profit company designing devices to conceal or "hide" the female tits... He had zero experience with clothes' design... but his design certainly solved the issue.

This isn't "divination", but seeing something that exists and using it as an inspiration to create something else that is different and serves another purpose.

Alchemists, transgenders, persons who NEED products that the big companies won't create because the "market" for such products is too small are probably using this method all the time, even in an unconscious way.

Salazius
12-22-2015, 12:11 PM
A friend of mine used dowsing with a pendulum in order to predict the behavior of tradding curves, he had 95% of success with it.

Archangel
03-06-2016, 12:40 AM
A friend of mine used dowsing with a pendulum in order to predict the behavior of tradding curves, he had 95% of success with it.

Hanna Kroeger used dowsing a lot in her work. She was very successful with homeopathy and creating remedies. A book she wrote was "The Pendulu The Bible and Your Survival."