PDA

View Full Version : Frightening experience after meditating - white light!! plus weird brain ability!

Peter Barnes
12-29-2015, 09:38 PM
I was in the mountains of Wudang (Wudangshan) in 2004 and was meditating on the void (as one does in wudangshan:o) It was only the first day of intense meditation were we had to sit there for 3 periods of 1 and a half hrs per day, we sat cross legged, practised basic exercises and then went into meditating on the void, well after the first night I was tired and felt happy looking out through the window and couldn't believe I was there and looked out and saw the awesome misty mountain peaks, so cool.

I went to bed. Woke up with a sun or white star exploding in my head, well thats what it felt, looked like, I mean from complete blackness in deep sleep I just saw white a white flash and it was so powerful it woke me up stronger than any bloody alarm that I could ever have experienced, but the thing is it was all silent but the flash was as loud as lightening in my brain, I shot up and waited there sitting in bed and beads of sweat running down my head as I thought maybe I was having a brain hemorrhage, I waited a few minutes and I was still alive, I thought what the hell was that?

The next day I asked the teacher what it could be, he had no idea ... I thought rubbish teacher!! Anway I continued but I didnt focus on the meditation as I was supposed to as it frightened me and didn't want to blow my own brains out in the middle of nowhere with third world hospital care.

What the heck was that?? It had to do with the fact that I started doing the meditation and my brain couldn't take the stress? Or was that Kundalini? I didn't have any physical sensations, just flash of bright light in my whole consciousness, my brain I suppose, bloody frightening indeed, like being in the middle of space, pitch black and suddenly being in the middle of a cosmic light bulb that God just switched on, I don't know how to describe the event any better.

Plus I have this ability, I can close my eyes and think/focus to the centre of my brain and my body experiences kind of pins and needles, I can somehow access the nervous system, my face tingles, arms body, I can literally feel the branches of the nervous system and I can do this at will, it feels kind of emotional as well when I do it, its as if I am touching mentally a part of my brain that has to do with emotion/nervous system, I have never tried to develop it or practise doing this for more than a few seconds at a time as I don't know if I may be doing damage to my brain, I actually stop cause I feel scared, when I open my eyes I feel like my eyes have been in cross eyed position and the top of my head is tight. Do you any of you guys know what it is that I am doing as I never heard anybody to have this ability?

Awani
12-29-2015, 11:07 PM
Woke up with a sun or white star exploding in my head, well thats what it felt, looked like, I mean from complete blackness in deep sleep I just saw white a white flash and it was so powerful it woke me up stronger than any bloody alarm that I could ever have experienced, but the thing is it was all silent but the flash was as loud as lightening in my brain, I shot up and waited there sitting in bed and beads of sweat running down my head as I thought maybe I was having a brain hemorrhage, I waited a few minutes and I was still alive, I thought what the hell was that?

Many years ago I had a similar experience with a white light. Utterly terrifying. Years later, very recently, I had an encounter with the same light but it was no longer scary. In fact my conclusion is that it was an encounter with the "god force"... or something like it... and in the first instance I was not spiritually ready, but in the latter I was and could therefore experience it better.

Just recalled I wrote about this experience here (if you want details): No Fear [the gospel of AIB] (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4499-No-Fear-the-gospel-of-AIB)

:cool:

Peter Barnes
12-29-2015, 11:51 PM
flashes of lights could be aura of migraine headaches or a partial seizure coming from the visual area of the brain.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/bright-light-while-asleep/show/297294

Others seem to have the same experience whilst sleeping
http://www.spiritual-experiences.com/real-spiritual-story.php?story=265

Whilst in China after taking Ormus (not sure if this has anything to do with it) had scintillating scotoma type weird circle in my vision whilst in a bank and I was really stressed out, another time in a supermarket but maybe I was stressed out that day too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma#/media/File:Scintillating_scotoma.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma#/media/File:Aura_ss.jpg

I have had problems with anxiety in the past and so, I realise how stress can affect me, this may be the reason of our white light also.

Awani
12-29-2015, 11:57 PM
I have had problems with anxiety in the past and so, I realise how stress can affect me, this may be the reason of our white light also.

Yes could be the reason. When the White Light was scary I suffered more from anxiety, and when it was not scary I suffered not at all from anxiety. So makes sense.

Peter Barnes
12-30-2015, 12:30 AM
The white light thing only happened after doing 4 and half hrs of meditation suddenly so maybe I stressed out my brain. But the scintillating effect has happened maybe 3 or 4 times, the white light thing as the neuro said could be a mini seizure in the part of the brain that controls vision or some sort of migrane type headache that can also effect vision as in the scintillating problem I had a few times, man I must start taking my B vitamins and eat well, actually haven't had those since living in the UK and having access to high quality supplements and organic foods ;) And I have more stress than before with a new baby and two other tantrum prone kids and a teenager and my dad whom I look after.

Awani
12-30-2015, 12:34 AM
I used to suffer migraines but when I excluded sugar from my diet this problem disappeared.

ArcherSage
10-27-2016, 04:54 PM
After my kundalini awakening I would have volts of energy shoot up into my head like a spasm while I was about to fall asleep, and the blackness behind my eyes would turn into a vivid image of the cosmos or lights in geometric patterns.