PDA

View Full Version : Alkaloids in a Vegetable Elixir

zoas23
01-27-2016, 12:53 AM
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4631-DMT-path-completed

After seeing how Dev and Ghislain completely failed to extract alkaloids and they simply staged a cheap representation of the act itself :p ... A question came to my mind:

A lot of plants contain alkaloids of different kinds.

Do these alkaloids get into a "typical" elixir?

If so... where they are??? (i.e, in the salt, in the mercury or in the sulphur).

Ghislain
01-27-2016, 08:04 PM
zoas23, I'm never sure which is the salt, mercury or sulphur, but if a plant contains more than one alkaloid I'm sure they would all come out together in an extraction.

I don't know enough about chemistry to say how you might separate them.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Ghislain

Awani
01-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Not sure I get your question...

But the root bark of this is what could be used: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Mimosa_hostilis

:cool:

Kiorionis
01-27-2016, 11:10 PM
zoas23, I'm never sure which is the salt, mercury or sulphur, but if a plant contains more than one alkaloid I'm sure they would all come out together in an extraction.

Not necessarily. Common extractions depend on whether the solvent is polar or non-polar. Each will draw out different parts of the plant.

But I haven't done enough experiments with alkaloids specifically to know more than that..

I would try to precipitate them by adjusting the pH with vinegar and potash, or things of that nature.

zoas23
01-28-2016, 02:39 AM

I don't know enough about chemistry to say how you might separate them.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Ghislain

Dev just sent me a message explaining that my question was impossible to understand.

I will try to ask it in a different way:

A "typical" elixir is meant to have the main components of an X plant in a concentrated and purified state...

I wanted to know if the alkaloids make their way into the elixir or not.

i.e, I do suspect that if we make a "typical" salt... then we probaby burn the alkaloids... so the salt does not contain them.

But I thought that maybe the mercury or sulphur can contain them. THen again, there's no such thing as a "typical" elixir since different persons understannd this issue in a different way or use different methods.

My question was not related strictly to DMT... I even get that if the DMT "gets into the elixir", it won't have any "narcotic effect" or "psychedelic effect" since nobody smokes an elixir (it doesn't even make sense)...

So probably the question should be: which methods of making a vegetable elixir keep the alkaloids and which methods destroy them?

i.e, the question is not about how to isolate alkaloids.

Ghislain
01-28-2016, 06:31 AM
Found this...Methods of Separation (http://thealchemyforum.com/PDF/METHODS%20OF%20SEPERATION)

Zoas23, I know you said, "the question is not about how to isolate alkaloids.", but if you can isolate them then you can either leave them in or take them out of your elixir.

Ghislain

zoas23
01-28-2016, 07:16 PM
Found this...Methods of Separation (http://thealchemyforum.com/PDF/METHODS%20OF%20SEPERATION)

Zoas23, I know you said, "the question is not about how to isolate alkaloids.", but if you can isolate them then you can either leave them in or take them out of your elixir.

Ghislain

Thank you!

Axismundi000
02-18-2016, 08:49 AM
I have found that in the basic Spagyric method plant oils remain in the alcohol even after 8 distillations. Also the Lysol from the alcohol used to leach the sulphur salts, if the Calcination is gentle they are sticky salts so plenty of alkaloids there also. Only the salt obtained by Calcinating the plant matter may lack these plant alkaloids because it is Calcinated for example at 550 centigrade for an extended period. Personally I can still smell the plant in these leached salts with the Rosemary I was working with recently.

So I think these plant alkaloids potentially remain in all three components of a basic Spagyric.

Ghislain
04-12-2016, 03:11 PM
I think it depends on the pH on whether the alkaloids move into the polar (e.g. water) or non-polar (e.g. naphtha); acid polar, alkaline non-polar.

Ghislain