PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Archangel
02-25-2016, 03:29 AM
Hello everyone!

I am thankful for being approved for membership here. My name is Diane. I live in the Northeast USA, and I am very new at this. I have been interested in alchemy for years and only recently started exploring the subject due to the belief that this was not an area for a Christian to research. I have since learned that it is most definitely okay, as my other pursuits are also okay. I was told yoga and martial arts are also a "danger" spiritually, but I practice both now, with no apparent ill effects.
I am here to learn. I will be doing a lot of reading and asking questions. I've found quite a bit of information online (isn't the internet great???) and I plan to study these topics when I can. I work full time as a nurse with developmentally disabled persons.
I confess reading alchemical texts are confusing to me, but this is why I am here....to learn.
Thanks for having me.

Andro
02-25-2016, 06:37 AM
Welcome Diane/Archie :)

Have you looked into the more Gnostic aspects of Christianity? You might find the Gnostic Christian views quite liberating, IMO.

Welcome to Alchemy Forums!

JinRaTensei
02-25-2016, 10:42 AM
welcome :)

Awani
02-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Welcome!

:cool:

Kiorionis
02-25-2016, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I have been interested in alchemy for years and only recently started exploring the subject due to the belief that this was not an area for a Christian to research. I have since learned that it is most definitely okay, as my other pursuits are also okay.

I come from a strong Christian upbringing as well. When I first started studying alchemy, it was interesting (and a bit overwhelming) to see how many different religious philosophies there were.
I suppose my advice would be to keep an open mind while reading through the forums! :)
Good to have you hear.

Ghislain
02-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Welcome :)

Ghislain

zoas23
02-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Most of the Alchemy classic texts we read nowadays were written by Christians and they use a Christian symbolism (unless you begin to explore Chinese alchemy, Muslim alchemy, Jewish alchemy, etc)...

Some alchemical traditions had a very strong opposition to some forms of Christianity (i.e, the early Rosicrucian manifestos mostly cursed the Roman Catholic Church, but they had a revolutionary Lutheran enthusiasm).

Alchemy can be, among other things, a tool to understand Christianity better (Androgynus said "Gnostic Christianity" and I agree with him... but some other persons in this same forum have stated in the past that they are non-Gnostic Christians and do not have much interest in Gnosticism -I do remember the case of Seth-Ra, who had that opinion and is far from being an ignorant when it comes to alchemy).

I would be surprised if you find something in alchemy that you feel that goes against your chosen religion... it may probably have the opposite effect, it can become a tool to understand the worth that it has.

Welcome!

JDP
02-25-2016, 11:08 PM
Most of the Alchemy classic texts we read nowadays were written by Christians and they use a Christian symbolism (unless you begin to explore Chinese alchemy, Muslim alchemy, Jewish alchemy, etc)...

Some alchemical traditions had a very strong opposition to some forms of Christianity (i.e, the early Rosicrucian manifestos mostly cursed the Roman Catholic Church, but they had a revolutionary Lutheran enthusiasm).

Alchemy can be, among other things, a tool to understand Christianity better (Androgynus said "Gnostic Christianity" and I agree with him... but some other persons in this same forum have stated in the past that they are non-Gnostic Christians and do not have much interest in Gnosticism -I do remember the case of Seth-Ra, who had that opinion and is far from being an ignorant when it comes to alchemy).

I would be surprised if you find something in alchemy that you feel that goes against your chosen religion... it may probably have the opposite effect, it can become a tool to understand the worth that it has.

Welcome!

This is one of the reasons why thinking that alchemy has a connection to religion or any of one's personal beliefs is ludicrous. If that was true, then we would not expect people of so many different beliefs to have found the Stone. Like I always say, empirical facts are one thing, and beliefs/theories/speculations another entirely different thing altogether. Empirical facts do not give a penny what you think or believe, they just "are". If they work for one, they work for all, irrespective of what anyone might think about them. They are very "egalitarian".

So in answer to the original query: yes, a Christian can study and even be successful in alchemy, no problem at all, but then again so can a Pagan, a Taoist, a Muslim, an Agnostic, etc. The empirical facts won't care one bit what you think or believe. They will continue to be what they have always been, quite undisturbed by anyone's arbitrary beliefs.

Awani
02-25-2016, 11:12 PM
This is one of the reasons why thinking that alchemy has a connection to religion or any of one's personal beliefs is ludicrous.

Also at the core, really, most (if not all) religions are kind of the same. So it works regardless of which version you adhere to.

zoas23
02-25-2016, 11:29 PM
This is one of the reasons why thinking that alchemy has a connection to religion or any of one's personal beliefs is ludicrous. If that was true, then we would not expect people of so many different beliefs to have found the Stone. Like I always say, empirical facts are one thing, and beliefs/theories/speculations another entirely different thing altogether. Empirical facts do not give a penny what you think or believe, they just "are". If they work for one, they work for all, irrespective of what anyone might think about them. They are very "egalitarian".

So in answer to the original query: yes, a Christian can study and even be successful in alchemy, no problem at all, but then again so can a Pagan, a Taoist, a Muslim, an Agnostic, etc. The empirical facts won't care one bit what you think or believe. They will continue to be what they have always been, quite undisturbed by anyone's arbitrary beliefs.

I agree with your general idea. I think that what Dev said below your post is right... A Greek saying "Gaea" and a North-West Argentinean aborigine saying "Pachamama" are talking about the same thing.

I simply wanted to explain that there isn't anything in alchemy that goes against the Christian religion... and that western alchemy often has a strong Christian tone actually.

Archangel
02-26-2016, 02:15 AM
Thank you all for your welcomes and comments. I am here to learn. It is true that alchemy works regardless of one's faith. Also with the Laws of Attraction. These are universal laws which work regardless of whether the practitioner is a believer in Christ, or someone who is "New Age" or practicing occult rituals. I am interested in that as well...the Law of Attraction. Jesus mentions this theme in many passages.

I am very interested in the pineal gland, learning to use more of my brain, and applying what I learn to healing. I am quite vision impaired (thus the bold script and I may use larger fonts). Prayer has not worked for me, though I won't give up on it. I think, perhaps, I need to find healing via other means. This could result in wandering down the wrong paths but, hopefully that won't happen.
I was looking at some sites and found "recipes" for certain things. One of those things was called "the red lion". This supposedly is a powerful substance.

Of course, this site charged thousands of dollars for their recipes. Even if I were to explore that, I'm sure I would be clueless regarding the "ingredients."

Anyway, I am sure many here have heard of this substance. Can someone tell me a bit about it? Or is it a myth/scam? No, I won't be buying anything. I don't have that kind of money :)

Thanks again.

Awani
02-26-2016, 12:28 PM
RED LION

Red Lion simple and natural path (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1776-Red-Lion-simple-and-natural-path)
Red Lion Dry Path (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1234-Red-Lion-Path-Dry)
A process for the Red Lion (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?517-A-process-for-the-Red-Lion)
Robert Cox Red Lion Process (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2792-Robert-Cox-Red-Lion-Process)

Above are just some threads dealing with the Red Lion... just search (the big google search bar below the Alchemy Forums logo, not the small search box) and you can find more.

Andro
02-26-2016, 02:01 PM
I am quite vision impaired (thus the bold script and I may use larger fonts).

Hi Arch,

The rest of the forum uses standard font sizes, so the best you will accomplish by using larger fonts will be limited exclusively to your own posts.

I would rather suggest that you use the Zoom In or Magnify function in your browser, so you can view the ENTIRE forum (not just your own posts) in a manner that suits your requirements.

Depending on the browser you're using, there will be different menus and keyboard shortcuts to accomplish this. Should you encounter any issues, please PM one of the moderators (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showgroups.php) and we will do our best to assist.

Archangel
02-27-2016, 02:14 AM
RED LION

Red Lion simple and natural path (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1776-Red-Lion-simple-and-natural-path)
Red Lion Dry Path (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1234-Red-Lion-Path-Dry)
A process for the Red Lion (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?517-A-process-for-the-Red-Lion)
Robert Cox Red Lion Process (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2792-Robert-Cox-Red-Lion-Process)

Above are just some threads dealing with the Red Lion... just search (the big google search bar below the Alchemy Forums logo, not the small search box) and you can find more.

Thanks dev!

Kiorionis
02-27-2016, 02:22 AM
Prayer has not worked for me, though I won't give up on it. I think, perhaps, I need to find healing via other means [. . .] One of those things was called "the red lion". This supposedly is a powerful substance.

The interesting thing about alchemical 'tinctures' and 'recipes' is they can be interpreted in many different ways, and on many different levels. If you think about it, during appropriate prayer you could potentially produce a type of 'red lion' (or other 'alchemical' products) through consistency and commitment.

For example, the ritual of the Eucharist. If Christ is symbolically the perfect 'Philosophic Stone', then his blood can be interpreted as the Red Lion. Or something like that. I'm sure there are a number of authors who can explain it much more in depth than I can.

Archangel
02-27-2016, 02:34 AM
I do use the magnifier on my computer. The bold fonts are what I like to use to post things. If it is a problem, I don't need to use bolt fonts here. :)

Archangel
02-27-2016, 02:44 AM
The ritual of the Eucharist is where the elements allegedly actually transmute into the actual body and blood of Christ. I don't know if this happens. I do know there is power in the blood, and I believe healing can and does take place during communion on many occasions. I wish there was more instances of it. In one of the Left Behind movies, the main characters were healed of a deadly plague by taking communion. It may be the thing that keeps us in times to come....who knows?
But as for this solution...is it the miracle that I've heard about? Does it heal all illnesses and reverse aging? Wouldn't that be great? The idea that silver and lead really can turn to gold is intriguing.
I have a lot of reading to do....

Kiorionis
02-27-2016, 04:11 AM
Haha well I was trying to point out a more 'alchemical' way of looking at things. But I suppose it made a bit of sense.

:)