PDA

View Full Version : Seven Sermons to the Dead

Awani
03-16-2016, 12:54 AM
READ: Seven Sermons to the Dead (http://gnosis.org/library/7Sermons.htm#Sermo_I) by Carl Jung

I love this text... here are some great quotes IMO:

I speak of it to make a beginning somewhere, and also to free you from the delusion that somewhere, either without or within, there standeth something fixed, or in some way established, from the beginning. Every so-called fixed and certain thing is only relative. That alone is fixed and certain which is subject to change.

How can ye be true to your own nature when ye try to change the many into one?

Between man and his one god there standeth nothing, so long as man can turn away his eyes from the flaming spectacle of Abraxas.

:cool:

Kiorionis
03-22-2016, 02:48 AM
I'm glad you posted this up, because I never knew Jung wrote something so incredible!

Even early in his first sermon there are incredible things.

CREATURA is not in the pleroma, but in itself. The pleroma is both beginning and end of created beings. It pervadeth them, as the light of the sun everywhere pervadeth the air. Although the pleroma pervadeth altogether, yet hath created being no share thereof, just as a wholly transparent body becometh neither light nor dark through the light which pervadeth it. We are, however, the pleroma itself, for we are a part of the eternal and infinite. But we have no share thereof, as we are from the pleroma infinitely removed; not spiritually or temporally, but essentially, since we are distinguished from the pleroma in our essence as creatura, which is confined within time and space.

Implication of the power behind 'I Am'?

Also, a very fetching book title.

Awani
03-22-2016, 02:57 AM
I'm glad you posted this up, because I never knew Jung wrote something so incredible!

I know right... apparently this text formed the basis of most of Jung's ideas and he seemed to deem it his most important (on a personal level).

:cool: