PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Altiora Peto
03-25-2016, 12:38 AM
Hello,

My name is Altiora Peto and I am a new member to these forums. I've been studying Spiritual and Practical Alchemy for 5 years and discovered this forum about a year ago. I must say, the depth of conversation on this site is encouraging and I am looking forward to participating, exploring, and meeting some deep and interesting people :D

Other areas of interest are Ayurveda, Astrology, and Philosophy to name a few. I'm excited to read that some have perhaps created the Stone and hope to perhaps succeed myself.

I'm somewhat of a hermit, living a secluded life, mainly because I don't care much for today's "civilization" and "society". I am quite sociable enough though, especially when I meet other seekers or deep thinkers.

Feel free to contact me, I'm quite excited to meet other Alchemists!!!

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great experiment, I'm looking forward to what we all can accomplish together :)

Awani
03-25-2016, 12:41 AM
Welcome to the forums!

:cool:

JinRaTensei
03-25-2016, 10:14 AM
welcome :), as alchemists I would suspect that most can find something alluring in the lifestyle of a "modern hermit",since the demograph alchemist/spiritist/truthseeker are hermits in their thoughts and conciousness anyway.

If you donīt mind would you elaborate what you consider being a almost hermit?just general social seclusion or also living in remote,human void areas? how have your thoughts and way of thinking changed?I was a somewhat hermit for 4 years,looking back at those years they could be called "the night of the soul".A time where I faced my own inner demons constantly,wanted or not.This made me overall somewhat more distant to emotions/people but also stronger and much clearer in my strengths and desires....I would be very interested to hear what/if changes you experienced!

Andro
03-25-2016, 11:07 AM
Hello Altiora Peto...

I'm somewhat of a hermit, living a secluded life, mainly because I don't care much for today's "civilization" and "society".

If you don't mind me asking, what part of the world are you from? And how do you manage to lead a 'hermit' lifestyle? Are you completely secluded or still go to work, meet with friends, etc?

Feel free to contact me, I'm quite excited to meet other Alchemists!!!

Best 'contact' IMO would be to actively participate on the forums, so everyone here gets a better idea of who you are, your background, etc...

Welcome to Alchemy Forums!

Altiora Peto
05-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your warm welcomes. My apologies for my my delay in response. I should have also shared in my introduction that I have access to the internet only occasionally. Once a month is been typical lately, but I have been secluded for as long as 7 years in the past. I live hours (via automobile) away from any city, but I do have a few friends I travel to and it is these times that I get online.

Greetings Andro,

I live in a remote area in North America. My parents passed when I was young and left me an inheritance which is how I acquired the land I reside upon and anything else I might need. I lived a somewhat normal life previous to my current arrangement, perhaps even privileged, raised by my god parents, going to school, getting a job, searching for a significant other, until I came of age and was granted full power of my inheritance. I always knew I wanted to be away from the city, and perhaps own an industrial organic farm, but never imagined to live so secluded; it was a path that developed over time and naturally. I live in a heavily forested area with a stream nearby which allows me to forage a bit. I also have a permaculture garden, pond, and a small group of animal companions. From the land and forest I am able to procure the majority of my needs. I do travel sometimes to visit a few friends in the town where I receive my deliveries, but it is not often.

Whatever means of communication is best is fine with me :)

Hello JinRaTensei,

Sure, I don't mind elaborating. The area I live is very much devoid of other people; I typically don't see other people, cars, or buildings for the first few hours of my trips to town. I travel on foot for about 2-3 hours to get from my abode to my vehicle, depending on the weather, and another 3 driving to get to town.

I have experienced the "night of the soul" and am sure to again in my journey of personal growth, but it was not what inspired me to pursue my way of living.

My thoughts and thinking process have changed definitely. One of the first things that changed was my idea of value. I always had the means to have whatever a I wanted, but after spending much time alone, I started to realize that many of the objects and aspects I saw as "valuable" or come at a high monetary price do not hold much value to me. Fancy cars, luxury, fashionable clothing, coiffed hair, all seem a bit silly to me now. Losing the need to have "stuff" was like clearing a cloud of fog from my mind. One thing I started doing at the beginning of my seclusion that changed my thought process was talking to myself. I ask questions and work through the solutions with myself. My words are very fluid and not premeditated; I sometimes surprise myself by revealing something my conscious self did not know. I compare it to someone preparing for a difficult conversation with someone else, planning what they will say and trying to predict how the other will respond, etc. I've found that interacting with myself has benefits, such as an improved memory. I speak out loud and I've found that by physically speaking words, I am giving my mind another anchor to remember my thoughts. I know better than to do this in front of others though, which brings me to another change I experienced. I no longer feel the need to live up to others' expectations and this has been an extremely liberating place to come to. I am not confined to fit nicely into the boxes that many conform to to function in society. I know how to play the part, when in Rome, but it is not something I confuse as my identity or have to mold my being to. I've also learned the importance of not exposing valuable parts of myself to just anyone, not in the physical sense, but that is wise also. Finally, one of the biggest changes I have experienced is that I am a better listener and observer. I've learned to read the signs of the forest; I can tell when a storm is coming, when a predator is hunting, or when a mother is exploring with her young ones by listening to the forest; I've learned a bit of animal psychology and communicate with nature in a way I didn't realize was possible. I am now also very aware and observant of many nuances in human social behavior I was oblivious of before, sometimes allowing me to have a glimpse of what is above and beyond what they are trying to project or realize about themselves. Previously, I had taken everything at face value, a dangerous way to be.

I cannot say that these differences make me extraordinary compared to anyone else, however they are extraordinary to me in comparison the place where I was before, and how easy it would have been to follow the path prepared for me by my parents.

I am looking forward to learning more about other alchemists too. It is interesting to read all of these intro and see how the Art is being discovered and implemented by others. What a time we live in that a solitary alchemist can find other alchemists in spirit sans flesh!

Andro
05-02-2016, 05:07 PM
I live in a heavily forested area with a stream nearby which allows me to forage a bit. I also have a permaculture garden, pond, and a small group of animal companions. From the land and forest I am able to procure the majority of my needs.

Well... I guess the only questions that remains is... When can we all move in?

Just kidding... sort of :)

I hope it won't be 7 years before your next post!

You seem to have gone through some fascinating personal processes of 'rectification', and this sure is a good place to elaborate more, if you're so inclined.

What is your view of Alchemy, whether 'spiritual' or 'practical'? Do you have a lab? Or is your focus mainly on internal practices/processes?

Kiorionis
05-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the forums, fellow North American ;)

I live in a remote area in North America

Altiora Peto
05-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Well, actually, I do not intend to be a solitary hermit forever. I do hope one day to create a community of like minds living physically together, a commune of sorts. That is a bit off in the future, though. I wonder if something like that exists today, a group of alchemists working and living together, apart from a marriage/couple or parent-child type of situation... I'm not sure if I can accommodate everyone, but I'd like include everyone that is a good fit that I can :)

I do not plan on going on an extended isolation again soon, but if this changes, I will be courteous and share my intentions.

I am happy to share. I was overwhelmed by the loss of my parents. I was old enough to understand that I was lucky to be in the financial situation my parents left, but it was valueless to me since I knew I would never see my Mom or Dad again. I would have gladly given up everything to have them back in my life. My god parents were very close to my parents and shared their ideals and perspective of life. I wanted very much to fulfill the life plan that my parents had envisioned for me and worked very hard to do so. After I finished school, I was hired at my dream job and found a person who fit perfectly into my plans for the future, but much to my dismay, I still was not happy. I thought that succeeding in the path that my parents envisioned for me would resolve the empty feeling I had in my life. I began to search for closure in other places, sometimes through destructive avenues. In my darkest days I decided to flat out reject God because he was cold and unfair; what had I done to deserve this? I had always tried to be a good person and was very pious. I had a complete emotional breakdown and decided to reassess life. I started with my religion, I determined the loving "Grandpa in the sky" that I worshiped probably did not exist or was like a kid with a magnifying glass and we were the helpless ants set ablaze for his amusement. I later came to realize that perhaps "Sky Grandpa" was probably a fake personality created to make us terrified if we did not behave and feel warm and fuzzy if we did. I do believe there is a higher intelligence, but to try and be a decent person based on his wrath or approval is not sincere and not really freedom. The same type of skepticism and reversal of views spread to my perception of money and social interaction. Little by little as I came to these realizations, life started making sense again. I decided that I wanted to live in a secluded situation to try and figure out what was real and what was not, try and live without money, and find the nature of this higher intelligence. I shared this dream with my potential fiance and they were horrified. They wanted to ride off into the sunset on the comfortable and superficial magic carpet that had been weaved for us. So I continued my journey alone. My god parents had passed by this time, so I no longer had anyone to disappoint and prepared to take the leap of solitude. I resigned from my coveted position and took the next few years preparing my solitary abode, planting my permaculture garden and researching how to make or find anything I might need. My initial solitude was my longest, 7 years. This is when I reconnected with nature and began to learn about life from the forest.

This is a general summary, but my rectifications are still occurring and I learn new things all the time. I'm happy to clarify or elaborate, just ask.

I view alchemy to be both internal and external. I've done more preparation and research that practical work, but I have a lab that I have begun to work in.

Andro
05-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Well, actually, I do not intend to be a solitary hermit forever. I do hope one day to create a community of like minds living physically together, a commune of sorts. That is a bit off in the future, though. I wonder if something like that exists today, a group of alchemists working and living together, apart from a marriage/couple or parent-child type of situation... I'm not sure if I can accommodate everyone, but I'd like include everyone that is a good fit that I can :)

Then you might enjoy THIS THREAD (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1452-The-LAB) ...

I determined the loving "Grandpa in the sky" that I worshiped probably did not exist or was like a kid with a magnifying glass and we were the helpless ants set ablaze for his amusement. I later came to realize that perhaps "Sky Grandpa" was probably a fake personality created to make us terrified if we did not behave and feel warm and fuzzy if we did. I do believe there is a higher intelligence, but to try and be a decent person based on his wrath or approval is not sincere and not really freedom.

Another fellow Gnostic! (pardon the label, it's only to convey resonance - language is often quite limiting)

I shared this dream with my potential fiance and they were horrified. They wanted to ride off into the sunset on the comfortable and superficial magic carpet that had been weaved for us.

I can't help noticing that you're not being gender-specific regarding you potential fiance. Either way, it's refreshing to hear it put that way :)

Awani
05-03-2016, 06:00 PM
I was overwhelmed by the loss of my parents.

I can imagine. I have had similar loss and for me such grief is the manifestation of the ego and desire: of not having what one wants to have. Hard to resist grief when such loss occurs, but I think it is healthy to view it in such a way (at least for me). Kind of puts more emphasis on appreciation and awareness of what is "not yet" lost in ones life... as everything will be lost... and nothing is every truly lost. ;)

:cool: