PDA

View Full Version : Hi, all!

Xerilon
04-04-2016, 06:35 PM
I am Roger from Norway, and I am grateful for the oppurtunity to be part of this forum :)

I have recently discovered Alchemy as an art, even though I have lived on the fringe side of life for most of my adult life. I am open to everything in my quest for inner peace.

I am here to learn how to start, how to do and what to expect.

I have a boring day job, and I do game development at night. I am always on the lookout for mysteries and knowledge.

As a person I am introvert, love animals, mysticism, nature and technology, and as a body I struggle with depression, anxiety and stressing about it. Well, it's that downward spiral I guess. Hoping to find at least one little thing in alchemy that can help me heal up a bit :P

Awani
04-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Welcome!

...as a body I struggle with depression, anxiety and stressing about it. Well, it's that downward spiral I guess. Hoping to find at least one little thing in alchemy that can help me heal up a bit...

The alchemical maxim/creed/slogan: as above, so below, as without, so within kind of applies to the above problem. ;)

Speaking from personal experience the only way to be healed is to be healed. The only way to stop depression is to stop feeling depressed. Sounds pretty stupid saying it like this, but actually - from my experience - this is the easiest way to do it. The mind is in charge of everything in your life. What you feed your mind is what you will experience. Perception is key in altering reality.

Alchemy is all about "change", so you have come to the right place!

:cool:

Andro
04-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Welcome to Alchemy Forums!

Ghislain
04-05-2016, 05:07 AM
Welcome Xerilon

What sort of game development are you involved with?

Ghislain

Salazius
04-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Welcome ! I feel a good vibe coming from of you. I don't know why.

Depression can be enjoyed. It is part of the cycle. I feel now proud to have been able to endure such a challenge in my life, that I triggered with Alchemical practices. It is very positive at the end.

Xerilon
04-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Wow, thank you!

Dev, I appreciate your advice, and I try, but I have come to realize that these kinds of illnesses is an imbalance of sorts, be it spiritual, neurological, hormonal or microbial, I don't know, but speaking for other who truly suffers, I can say that it is not something one can control by thought. A person with psychosis/schitzophrenia or epilepsy can not just "not be ill", it requires a method I belive. We have all seen people heal cancer with thoughts and the like, but had they been depressed, apathic, lost their will to live, their cancer would take them. But at least I am optimistic that I will find a solution some day, and hopefully through a deep personal transformation :)

Ghislain, I am mostly into philosophical ideas for games, and I develop skills in graphis and animation and I write concepts for "non violent" or "low violent" adventuregames :)
My first paid project was actually an Alchemy experiment for a local rare book library where I live, so funny you would ask :) You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dIzOM1C4iA
I made everything from scratch except for voice and music. Very primitve though. My latest project is yet to be released and it will be a broswer based childrens game about finding pages from a herbal book and each page spawns a herb monster (that is not real because kids have imagination).

Salazius, thank you :) I am glad I have experienced the suffering because I can easier relate to other people in the same situation and have more empathy, but I can not say I enjoy wanting to jump off the roof of a building when a depressive "drop" hits me from a blue sky. Nor would I ever wish a real panic attack on my worst enemy :P But it has put me on a huge interesting quest!

Awani
04-05-2016, 06:47 PM
I can say that it is not something one can control by thought.

Everything is Mind. IMO.

A person with psychosis/schizophrenia or epilepsy can not just "not be ill", it requires a method I believe.

Ah well schizophrenia I am not sure is an illness... in a sense neither is psychosis. I mean society is quick to call people ill just because they are different. Maybe you should go on the path of the Shaman?

Also the method is the thought is the method. ;)

Epilepsy I am not that familiar with, but I think cannabis oil can do wonders.

...but had they been depressed, apathic, lost their will to live, their cancer would take them...

Maybe the cancer began because they felt like that? ;)

Xerilon
04-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Yes, you may be right on your points. And I have never heard of cannabis oil for epilepsy, but cannabis oil is good for many things :)

But having read books on neurology, which is far far from mainstream psychological viewpoints, there is actually neurlogical "atrohpy" in many mental illnesses. That is, actually something physically proven in the brain. That is not to say that physical matter can not be changed by thought, but then again, it requires energy from somewhere, and just like a wormhole, perhaps the energy of a star! If you remove the brain you also remove the ability to channel your thoughs optimally into this physical world and thus making change becomes very difficult. But who am I to really know? I have yet to see anyone actually do this with brain disorders. Through Alchemy perhaps there is a parachemical medicine for such things :) I am not trying to be negative, and apologize if I sound that way.

A friend of mine developed paranoid schitzophrenia some years back, and on the plane back from India he got convinced that he had killed his family. He freaked out on the plane and was brought to a corner by two flight attendands, and he could not understand their language at all. He swore they spoke an alien language and conspired against him. Not cool, even though they actually spoke fluent english. Later he got so paranoid that he refused to take advice from me to try Niacin (B3) to complement his medicine. I agree it is not quite clear what psychosis is, but anyone who has seen "A beautiful mind" know that is not exactly a sign of health. I know that those people have been held in high regard as shamans in tribes, but I am unsure of their function in todays society.

Yeah, I totally agree that cancer is a result of an imbalance and could as well be mental, so that was perhaps a bad example :P

Awani
04-05-2016, 10:19 PM
...but anyone who has seen "A beautiful mind" know that is not exactly a sign of health. I know that those people have been held in high regard as shamans in tribes, but I am unsure of their function in todays society.

Which is my point. Today's society is ill, not those people deemed ill. Talking to God is normal, but when God talks to you... that is unacceptable. ;)

JinRaTensei
04-09-2016, 06:18 PM
welcome to the family you may not leave alive XD