PDA

View Full Version : Changing Archetypes inside the head

Amur
01-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Anyone know any good practical routines for changing Archetypes that have been learnt when in an age of infancy. According to my own experiences those Archetypes might become a vital or hostile viewpoint underlying the rest of the human experience, which means that powerful tools should be invented on how to heal damaged Archetypes. For myself I had a major trauma as a baby that has kinda changed my life, and to be honest I don't like the way it is going as it has given a very evil and sinister portrait of the world...

If you know any methods or texts on this matter please contribute. I know Jung wrote something about archetypes and I have a certain feeling that I could perhaps bring also some more information on that matter once I've delt into it more completely...

TubalCain
01-17-2009, 05:58 PM
The Tarot Trump Cards Work Wonders for This. They are Archetypes of the Subconscious Mind. Meditate on them, in Order, for One Week Per Card if You Can. Play the Part of Each Card, Take it all in. This is an Amazing tool for Self Mastery and Allows One to Integrate all Aspects of OneSelf into the Personality Matrix. The Subconscious Mind AND DNA Carries All the Memories, Experiences & Feelings of Your Frequency Template From Incarnation to Incarnation. Imagine Whats in that Brass Vessel, Eh?

Once You Become Accustmed to Knowing Which Things Make You Feel Certain Ways and Develop Awareness & Intuition a Little Further, You Will be able to "Follow" a Feeling Back to it's Original Manifestation.

Hope This Helps.

Love & Light to You.

solomon levi
02-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Anyone know any good practical routines for changing Archetypes that have been learnt when in an age of infancy. According to my own experiences those Archetypes might become a vital or hostile viewpoint underlying the rest of the human experience, which means that powerful tools should be invented on how to heal damaged Archetypes. For myself I had a major trauma as a baby that has kinda changed my life, and to be honest I don't like the way it is going as it has given a very evil and sinister portrait of the world...

If you know any methods or texts on this matter please contribute. I know Jung wrote something about archetypes and I have a certain feeling that I could perhaps bring also some more information on that matter once I've delt into it more completely...

I'm quite familiar with this.
My preferred method is Carlos Castaneda's recapitulation.
You might also look into Don Miguel Ruiz - the Four Agreements.
NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) is another good way to deal with
these things - very simply.
As other sources, I believe Rebirthing is concerned with this and also Dianetics.

But basically, if you truly realise that these "archetypes" were impressed upon
you by your parents and peers and that you accepted them in an unconscious
agreement, you can see that you no longer need to uphold that agreement.
If you see that, you can begin to replace it with a different agreement that rings
more true to you.

Awani
08-24-2009, 02:01 PM
One is not born a woman, one becomes one. - Simone de Beauvoir

But I think it is rather:

One is not born as an archetype, one becomes one!

When this is understood then to change is much easier...

As other sources, I believe Rebirthing is concerned with this and also Dianetics.

I would study Dianetics, but I wouldn't put too much weight behind it (personal opinion).

:cool:

SNODGRJL
10-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Amur,
Remember, energy cannot be destroyed, only changed. I, too, had a damaged archetype--my mother archetype. I used exploratory writing as a means to search out that energy and heal it. I also analyzed my dreams, which involved performing analysis on myself. It was frightening but I succeeded. I was, briefly, a Scientologist when my stepfather thought all his kids should do it. Scientology and Dianetics look at painful memories from past lives to free one from the subconscious effects of those experiences. You may or may not find it useful. I live by a few of Hubbard's aphorisms but have mostly discarded it all.

I would also suggest that you differentiate between an archetype and a belief. If you are actually dealing with beliefs inculcated in you at a young age, even beliefs that are influencing or affecting the spin of an archetype, then a classic work like Plato's cave might help, if only to give you perspective on the situation.

These are only my thoughts. By no means am I an expert healer. I hope you feel better, though.

Zephyr
10-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I think the tarot method would work. I am not sure it would "go away", so much as become worked into a much larger system that would take away it's detrimental power and use it to charge healing, and genius. The magick word Abrahadabra can be used to tie the trumps all together and hypercondense them onto the tetractys of the decad. (And then into various hexagrams and hexagons etc...) I think you've tried this before... I have a few reservations about Abrahadabra, actually, I think some of the conventional wirings of it are off. The actually number 418 is more important than the word, imo... I have found that it has helped me balance my energies. I think that unless somebody knows something I don't that it is a bit much to expect a final peace in this lifetime on this matter, but know that it is certainly possible to turn the trauma to your advantage, and "distill a stone" out of it, as it were....

*Z*

MarkostheGnostic
10-07-2009, 02:40 AM

Archetypes are invariant features of the psyche. They are a psychological parallel to the metaphysical model of Plato's Eternal Ideas. Archetypes are the universal psychic structures which arrange, like snowflakes, to form individual psyches. Snowflakes are all made from the same invariant water molecules, arranged to form uniquely individual structures.

I recommend Jean Shinoda Bolen's books: Gods in Everyman and Goddesses in Everywoman in order to get a truly readable and practical understanding of archetypes in the guise of Greek gods and goddesses. Two of the most enlightening Jungian books I've ever read (and I've read pretty much the entire Collected Works of C.G. Jung, Von Franz, Edinger, Jacobi, Hillman and others), so I'm making quite a claim.

Any trauma that you have suffered lies in subconscious levels, not archetypal levels. If you wish to ferret them out, let me suggest hypnotherapy through: www.natboard.com. I have been licensed to practice psychotherapy since 1985 and hypnotherapy since 1989. I've also been through over 8 years of Jungian analysis.

I hope all goes well for you. Suffering sucks.

III
10-18-2010, 08:33 PM

Hi Amur,

THE HUMAN BIOLOGICAL MACHINE AS A TRANSFORMATIONAL APPARATUS by E.J. Gold offers up a method. I have helped a number of people do a lot of such work, with good effect, as you are asking about. As far as what layer you are working in, it matters little. Whether it is the "base class" (lowest archetype level) or a derived class building upon that base or your unconscious reaction to embedded triggers that colors everything you think about because chasing it down to exactly where it is is part of the process. Chances are it is more complex than you might imagine. However, as far as I am concerned this is an important, and routine, part of alchemical work. It must be done carefully and properly.

Ghislain
10-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Is there an archetypical human being?

Many human traits are picked up along life's journey...one has to look at how long it has taken to
create this pseudo-archetype...and the group that allow this archetype to be the collective norm.

By reading you may transform the archetype to that which the author believes to be the
norm and that which another group can relate to. (See religion)

psychoanalysis (ˌsaɪkəʊəˈnŠlɪsɪs)

A method of studying the mind and treating mental and emotional disorders based on
revealing and investigating the role of the unconscious mind

This sounds great until one wonders who sets the standards for the emotions...what is the
norm...what is the role of the unconscious mind ?
Is psychoanalysis arrogance?

I believe one should try to feel what is correct and allow your inner influence to shape the future you...
that should be the way. (to the true archetype if there is one)...

Others may guide you, but do not make what others tell you your gospel; and we will all meet on the other side of what is.

IMHO

Ghislain (trainee guide) ;)

III
10-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Is there an archetypical human being?

Many human traits are picked up along life's journey...one has to look at how long it has taken to
create this pseudo-archetype...and the group that allow this archetype to be the collective norm.

By reading you may transform the archetype to that which the author believes to be the
norm and that which another group can relate to. (See religion)

This sounds great until one wonders who sets the standards for the emotions...what is the

I believe one should try to feel what is correct and allow your inner influence to shape the future you...
that should be the way. (to the true archetype if there is one)...

Others may guide you, but do not make what others tell you your gospel; and we will all meet on the other side of what is.

IMHO

Ghislain (trainee guide) ;)

Hi Ghislain,

Anything anybody can say is at best an incomplete approximation. I agree with you that a person should be dubious about hearsay. The more useful books don't try to tell you what "truth" is but rather try to help with methods that allows one to know the truth for ones self. Removing blockages and triggers, the causes of "chronic reactions" allows one to perceive more truth. A gnosis experience needs to be recorded because most forget whatever doesn't fit their beliefs immediately upon leaving gnosis. While people find it exciting to see things terribly far away from where they are the things that are most helpful is that next step or two that one needs to take. It is not at all about changing "belief" systems. It has nothing at all to do with beliefs. Actual Knowledge destroys beliefs. Beliefs are a trap. I try to keep things at the working hypothesis subject to change level. Whatever theory and hypothesis I offer comes from repeated experience. Working with a person one can offer suggestions as to how things might be considered but not what archetypes to change around. That happens by seeing the actuallity and making new choices when one is in the correct chamber for doing so. It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. My main skill in working with people is to provoke their chronics very precisely for examination in an otherwise calm shared environment. That is very simple. A person who has certain beliefs will find themselves continually in a battle between their beliefs and what they themselves perceive as "truth". The harder they hang onto beliefs over truth the more energetic and desparate their chronics become.

The person themselves sets the standards for the emotions. The emotions spring up in the conflict between experienced truth and beliefs or as a tension between two or more expressed beliefs that carry conflicting assumptions. The role of the emotions is to keep the person blinded, at least in the beginning. As soon as they go into unconscious reaction they are unable to receive gnosis or anything of the sort. A persons masks are the sum total of the effects of all the lies they tell themselves and their belief system about themselves. I have met arrogant psychoanalysts. They too can be unmasked and have better skills at keeping masks in place. Some students will quit instead of being unmasked. Some will jump up and literally leave quickly when the mask is threatened. Those that come back will learn to see under their own mask.