PDA

View Full Version : Homunculus

zoas23
04-27-2016, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YmLWnQGZhQ

A friend showed me this video, I assume it belongs to the "Fringe Matters" section.

My guess is that the video involves some "props" and its "dramatic" ending is mostly like a horror movie of the worst kind...

Anyway, it's about someone in Russia trying to create an homunculus with a chicken egg and sperm (I don't really buy the idea that the DNA of a chicken and the DNA of a human can be mixed as to create anything like that... and I assume the foetus is simply a worm or something like that).

What do you think?

Cheetah Bunny
04-28-2016, 12:16 AM
I don't buy it either. Although I believe the idea will one day become "reality". So it says in scripture and "They" are doing experiments in USA basically doing the same thing, but instead of a chicken egg they use live animals (pig, sheep).

was wondering if that would be a chimera or homunculus? In FMA a homunculus is an artificially created human, and a chimera is the mix of DNA.

Kiorionis
04-28-2016, 01:34 PM
I think the person in the video is doing it wrong, if the intention is to develop a proper homunculus -- one which grows and learns like a natural-born child.

If it's not staged, it's at least fairy interesting to think about. The University where I live is conducting research on chickens as well, trying to 'transmute' the DNA into something more interesting. What good messing with genes will bring, I do not know

zoas23
04-29-2016, 07:10 AM
I think the person in the video is doing it wrong, if the intention is to develop a proper homunculus -- one which grows and learns like a natural-born child.

If it's not staged, it's at least fairy interesting to think about. The University where I live is conducting research on chickens as well, trying to 'transmute' the DNA into something more interesting. What good messing with genes will bring, I do not know

A lot of ideas came to my mind from this comment.

One of them is that I am strongly against the abuse of animals in labs (my favorite pet is an axolotl, who was rescued -stolen- from a lab)... but I'm sometimes a bit radical when it comes to animal rights.

Other than that, I think the whole theory of the homunculus comes from a misunderstanding of how human reproduction works.
The misunderstanding is a classical mistake of believing that the of the males sperm carries the seed of life (that comes from God), whilst the females are somehow like incubators or vessels for this seed (i.e, it is easy to see this theory in the so called "Sex Magick" ideas of the Ordo Templi Orientis and its phallic cult).

Paracelsus tried to replace the females for horse manure (a classical incubator that many alchemist mention in different contexts because it is, of course, good to keep a human-like temperature... so it was often used as a "natural incubator").

Most of the "homunculus" theories I've seen try to replace the female for another type of incubator... ignoring the fact that in the human reproduction the females provide something more than just an uterus that provides food and heat to the male sperm.

Kiorionis
04-29-2016, 01:01 PM
One of them is that I am strongly against the abuse of animals in labs (my favorite pet is an axolotl, who was rescued -stolen- from a lab)... but I'm sometimes a bit radical when it comes to animal rights.

I can understand that. Live and let live!

Other than that, I think the whole theory of the homunculus comes from a misunderstanding of how human reproduction works.
The misunderstanding is a classical mistake of believing that the of the males sperm carries the seed of life (that comes from God), whilst the females are somehow like incubators or vessels for this seed (i.e, it is easy to see this theory in the so called "Sex Magick" ideas of the Ordo Templi Orientis and its phallic cult).

Curious. In my opinion the male sperm does carry the seed of life, either potentially or as a specific adaptation, as all things are from One thing. Of course, this assumes the 'Seed of Life' as the highest source/ideal.

Paracelsus tried to replace the females for horse manure (a classical incubator that many alchemist mention in different contexts because it is, of course, good to keep a human-like temperature... so it was often used as a "natural incubator").

I don't remember him writing about that specifically. But I've always assumed horse manure to also be a metaphor for a putrefactive force. But I'll have to go back and read it again, as it's been awhile.

Most of the "homunculus" theories I've seen try to replace the female for another type of incubator... ignoring the fact that in the human reproduction the females provide something more than just an uterus that provides food and heat to the male sperm.

I agree, but again, if anyone is working with a physical vessel, I think they're doing it wrong. Replacing the female isn't necessary, because as I see it, the point of a homunculus is to take only the male/masculine or only the female/femenine and develop it towards the androgynous, in which case it can then copulation with itself and involve -- like some species of plants.

Salazius
04-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Read the Thesaurus if ever you need some serious indications about "how to make an Homunculus".

Earth, blood Stone, blood, semen ...

Kiorionis
04-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the tip, Salazius.

:cool:

Xerilon
05-16-2016, 08:55 PM
That russian guy has a new one just uploaded :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKJJ2aO4bdo

Salazius
05-17-2016, 10:54 AM
DNA has nothing to do when we come up to Alchemy. But, Sulfur principle does.

Tiberius
11-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Did somebody watch all the videos regarding the making of Homunculus? I did, and its crazy. Its hard for me to believe he actually made it...but the video looks pretty real.

Warmheart
11-25-2018, 02:37 PM
All these movies are fake and they are made so that their makers could make some money from youtube views. People are making all kind of such videos for money nowadays - about homunculi, reptiloids, flat earth, god is alien, etc.

Andro
11-25-2018, 03:37 PM
People are making all kind of such videos for money nowadays - about homunculi, reptiloids, flat earth, god is alien, etc.

The following post also addresses THIS (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5297-The-God-Delusion-(Richard-Dawkins)) topic.

Religions have produced a wide variety of creator-god stories for money and mostly food (energy) from the devoted believers.

NASA makes space-CGI images for money/budget/PR.

Cavemen made wall-drawings of reptoid hominids for I don't know what, shells perhaps...

The world operates like a business. The merchandise is narratives/stories.

The currency is life-force/time/loosh/whatever we want to call it.

Nothing has ever changed in this regard.

We don't buy products or services, we buy stories. Stories of manufactured need.

But we desperately "need" those stories/narratives. Apparently, they are required for the survival of the species.

If it's not globe earth, it's flat earth. If it's not aliens, it's the gods. If it's not theism, its a-theism or statism/nationalism or consumerism, etc..

And we pay for these narratives with time.

We literally pay with our lives.

We often pay cash - in times of "war" - and with debt/loans/installments in perceived/relative times of "peace".

But we always pay.

Awani
11-25-2018, 05:13 PM
Cavemen made wall-drawings of reptoid hominids for I don't know what, shells perhaps...

It is highly probable that these cave paintings occurred before the concept of "money". Some indigenous cultures still keep such traditions alive. A sort of collective super-communism hive/tribe... mine is yours/yours is mine etc.

But we always pay.

If physical death is a sort of payment, we all pay. No one will not ever pay, ever. I would not view that as a payment... because we probably already "paid" to be here in the first place.

:p

Tiberius
11-25-2018, 07:13 PM
It means that is impossible to create a homunculus? What you all think? I am not talking about this stupid videos, i am talking about the real deal, it is possible that all to be just a mistake made by famous alchemist ? Or maybe they are talking about something metaphoric?

Chrysa Lead
11-27-2018, 01:13 PM
To create a homunculus, follow the true "Arcana Arcanorum" :
Thesaurus Thesaurorum et Testamento from Roseae et Aureae Crusis.

They were the champions in that category ...
Of course this is possible to do it, they did it and they explained how.

But honestely, despite the fact that I have this book, I would not try this kind of experimentation in a voluntary way ... This is for me a "deviance".

Anyway, people who are able to do it NEVER speak about it !
So ... What about that kind of video on YT ? ... Rubbish !

Regards,

Catherine

Tiberius
11-27-2018, 06:38 PM
To create a homunculus, follow the true "Arcana Arcanorum" :
Thesaurus Thesaurorum et Testamento from Roseae et Aureae Crusis.

They were the champions in that category ...
Of course this is possible to do it, they did it and they explained how.

But honestely, despite the fact that I have this book, I would not try this kind of experimentation in a voluntary way ... This is for me a "deviance".

Anyway, people who are able to do it NEVER speak about it !
So ... What about that kind of video on YT ? ... Rubbish !

Regards,

Catherine

Sounds very interesting Catherine but i think the ideea of making a homunculus is still surounded by mistery. I did't hear not even a real mention about a real one, so far, or maybe you are right, the one that actually did it, keeps it a mistery.
Its actually very hard and expensive to get this book :)

Florius Frammel
11-27-2018, 09:05 PM
I recommend this podcast:

https://monstertalk.skeptic.com/interview-with-william-newman

Tiberius
11-28-2018, 07:03 AM
I recommend this podcast:

https://monstertalk.skeptic.com/interview-with-william-newman

Interesting. Thank you and if you have more on this subject please share it :D

Florius Frammel
11-28-2018, 04:02 PM
Interesting. Thank you and if you have more on this subject please share it :D

Another episode about homunculi by another podcaster, which I can also recommend:

http://historyofalchemy.com/list-of-concepts/homunculus/

Seraphim
11-28-2018, 05:14 PM
I think people may be misinterpreting the Homunculus? Here is a "recipe?" from Paracelsus.

Let the Sperm of a man by itself be putrified in a gourd glasse, sealed up, with the highest degree of putrefaction in Horse dung, for the space of forty days, or so long untill it begin to bee alive, move, and stir, which may easily be seen. After this time it will be something like a Man, yet transparent, and without a body. Now after this, if it bee every day warily, and prudently nourished and fed with the Arcanum of Mans blood, and bee for the space of forty weeks kept in a constant, equall heat of Horsedung, it will become a true, and living infant, having all the members of an infant, which is born of a woman, but it will be far lesse. This wee call Homunculus, or Artificiall. And this is afterwards to be brought up with as great care, and diligence as any other infant, until it come to riper years of understanding. Now this is one of the greatest secrets that God ever made known to mortall, sinfull man. For this is a miracle, and one of the great wonders of God, and secret above all secrets, and deservedly it ought to be kept amongst the secrets until the last times, when nothing shall be hid, but all things made manifest.

Chrysa Lead
11-28-2018, 05:35 PM
Its actually very hard and expensive to get this book :)

Here is a pdf version from the university of Darmstad :
https://ia801307.us.archive.org/7/items/ThesaurusThesaurorum/Hs-3262.pdf

Here a link to Sesheta Editions who transcribed it from the manuscripts of Darmstadt, Hamburg, Stuttgart and Vienna in modern french.
Only 200 copies were published, the book is actualy out of print but keep the link because they maybe will edited it again later.
http://www.sesheta-publications.com/rose-croix/testament-rose-croix-d-or.html

Tiberius
11-28-2018, 06:00 PM

Here a link to Sesheta Editions who transcribed it from the manuscripts of Darmstadt, Hamburg, Stuttgart and Vienna in modern french.
Only 200 copies were published, the book is actualy out of print but keep the link because they maybe will edited it again later.

I checked all this, but unfortunatelly, i dont speak latin. Do you have an english version, by any chance ?

Tiberius
11-28-2018, 06:03 PM
I saw on amazon, but its too expensive. There is a version by Adam Goldsmith but you cannot get it with less than 250 $
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51vYMZ5SC0L._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Chrysa Lead
11-28-2018, 06:33 PM
This is not in latin but old german ;)
I will check for a serious english version and will let you know.

Better price : https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22812431100&cm_sp=seedet-_-plp-_-bdp

Best price I found for now : https://www.iberlibro.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=adam%20goldsmith&tn=thesaurus%20thesaurorum%20treasures%20brotherho od&cm_sp=click-_-plp-_-ntb

Florius Frammel
11-28-2018, 06:43 PM

Is there a german transcription included in that french version? I am aware of quite some translations in various other languages but haven't seen a german transcript yet unfortunately.

Florius Frammel
11-28-2018, 06:49 PM
I think people may be misinterpreting the Homunculus? Here is a "recipe?" from Paracelsus.

This recipie is in line with quite a lot of other recipies, if you know the similarities and the differences.

In the 'Buch der heiligen Dreifaltigkeit', according to some one of the biggest influences on Paracelsus, for example it is written that you can make the stone if you just put any thing into the horsedung.

Edit: It actually says: "Know that this is the very best method to prepare the stone of the wise: put stones into the dung".

Chrysa Lead
11-28-2018, 06:52 PM
Is there a german transcription included in that french version? .

No, reason why I sent the link from the version from Darmstad in old german.
I think it's possible to find a version in modern german in some german website.

Florius Frammel
11-28-2018, 06:56 PM
No, reason why I sent the link from the version from Darmstad in old german.
I think it's possible to find a version in modern german in some german website.

I had no luck so far. If you happen to have, please inform me! It would be much appreciated, for it would take me quite some time, which I don't have right now, to decipher the handwriting on my own.

German alchemical research (academical and inofficial) is very lousy at the moment, though we have the biggest amount of material available. Instead most at least who I (think I) know, decide to follow rather modern, re-imported and 'diluted' lineages from other (mostly english-speaking) countries.

Chrysa Lead
11-28-2018, 07:10 PM
Yes, of course !
I will let you know.
A university in swizerland can maybe help.
They have lots of treasures, why not that one ...

Tiberius
11-28-2018, 07:43 PM
This is not in latin but old german ;)
I will check for a serious english version and will let you know.

Better price : https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22812431100&cm_sp=seedet-_-plp-_-bdp

Best price I found for now : https://www.iberlibro.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=adam%20goldsmith&tn=thesaurus%20thesaurorum%20treasures%20brotherho od&cm_sp=click-_-plp-_-ntb

Thank you and looking forward for an english version if you can find. If not, i need to save a few months and buy that book :)

JDP
11-29-2018, 01:53 AM
This recipie is in line with quite a lot of other recipies, if you know the similarities and the differences.

In the 'Buch der heiligen Dreifaltigkeit', according to some one of the biggest influences on Paracelsus, for example it is written that you can make the stone if you just put any thing into the horsedung.

Edit: It actually says: "Know that this is the very best method to prepare the stone of the wise: put stones into the dung".

I wonder how many people could possibly have fallen for such a ridiculous and blatant lie???

JDP
11-29-2018, 02:02 AM
I had no luck so far. If you happen to have, please inform me! It would be much appreciated, for it would take me quite some time, which I don't have right now, to decipher the handwriting on my own.

German alchemical research (academical and inofficial) is very lousy at the moment, though we have the biggest amount of material available. Instead most at least who I (think I) know, decide to follow rather modern, re-imported and 'diluted' lineages from other (mostly english-speaking) countries.

WTF??? The English-speaking world wishes it had the quantity and quality of academical researchers into alchemy and chymistry as the German one! There's more academical material on alchemy and chymistry available in German than pretty much in any other language. The English-speaking world only has a comparative few academic experts on alchemy/chymistry worthy of comparison, like Newman and Principe.

Florius Frammel
11-29-2018, 05:15 AM
Karin Figala died some years ago,
Priesner and Gebelein are beyond their 70es. It has been a while since new stuff was published.

There are some books dealing more with the art than the practice like the ones by Vollnagel.

Then there are some (very few) thesis I am aware of.

The books by Fulcanelli were translated in the 00 years and some research was done by others like Hornfisher and the nice guys who transcripted ICH and the 13 geheime Briefe.

There doesn't exist one german active forum or blog on alchemy that I am aware of.

There are quite some publications for example by rubedo/lulu press in english on all kinds of different paths of alchemy in the last three years.

None in germany. I am talking about the last years that it became rather silent.

If you know more please tell me.

Andro
11-29-2018, 07:59 AM
There doesn't exist one german active forum or blog on alchemy that I am aware of.

At some point I registered at fk.alchemie, but it was already mostly dead. And now it's been in "maintenance mode" for a LONG time, allegedly to implement GDPR (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5816-GDPR).

Andro
11-29-2018, 08:02 AM
Hornfisher and the nice guys who transcripted ICH and the 13 geheime Briefe.

What happened with Hornfischer's anticipated second book? Did it finally come out?

I spoke with Tom (the editor of the ICH translation) numerous times on Skype, but I think his interests are currently otherwise engaged.

Florius Frammel
11-29-2018, 09:46 AM
At some point I registered at fk.alchemie, but it was already mostly dead. And now it's been in "maintenance mode" for a LONG time, allegedly to implement GDPR (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5816-GDPR).

It actually had been reopened last year for some month, just to be closed again, allegedly due to those GDPR issues you mentioned. There was not much activity during this time. Before the first closure it was quite an interesting place imo. For example you'd have to thank the guys from there for the ICH and 13 secret letter translations. Where they all went to, I don't know. Most seem to just have disappeared from the alchemical internet community.

What happened with Hornfischer's anticipated second book? Did it finally come out?

In his book "Löwe und Phönix" he announced a second book in which he wanted to openly describe the whole process of the great work.

I know that some years ago someone asked him what takes him so long to do it. He answered that he has no time to write/publish it, because he was occupied with other important things (He said writing forewords to other books, his publishing company (http://fulcanelli.de/) was bringing out).

For example -beside others- he published two volumes of a text collection called "Triumphwagen des Wismuts (Triumphal chariot of Bismuth)". Like some of the GuR guys he seem(ed) to hold this material in high esteem.

Maybe he has more time now most of those texts are freely available on google books and other libraries' online platforms.

I spoke with Tom (the editor of the ICH translation) numerous times on Skype, but I think his interests are currently otherwise engaged.

I don't know Tom. Do you mean sam, the editor of the 13 secret letters? The other nicknames I connect with the ICH translation are "vee" and "naxagoras".

Andro
11-29-2018, 11:09 AM
I don't know Tom. Do you mean sam, the editor of the 13 secret letters?
Tom (Thomas Minderle, a.k.a. Tom Montalk) is the guy who edited the ICH translation. Sam was the actual translator, and he's a member on this forum (although not active).

Tiberius
11-29-2018, 12:12 PM
Priesner and Gebelein are beyond their 70es. It has been a while since new stuff was published.

There are some books dealing more with the art than the practice like the ones by Vollnagel.

The books by Fulcanelli were translated in the 00 years and some research was done by others like Hornfisher and the nice guys who transcripted ICH and the 13 geheime Briefe.

There are quite some publications for example by rubedo/lulu press in english on all kinds of different paths of alchemy in the last three years.

None in germany. I am talking about the last years that it became rather silent.

We need to find a way to recrute more german speaking people interested in alchemy, since they have the biggest collection of alchemical texts. I will try to find also between my colleagues....wich come from 68 nationalities :)

JDP
11-29-2018, 04:38 PM

You forgot the classic scholar Julius Ruska. There is nothing in the English-speaking world that matches his researches into the Arabic literature on alchemy. The only ones in the English-speaking world who came close in this specific field were H.E. Stapleton and Holmyard, but their output was much more limited than Ruska's and they failed to publish many of their projects (in the archives of the Oxford Museum of the History of Science there's a whole bunch of Stapleton's unpublished private papers on Arabic alchemy & transmutation in general, including translations of some Arabic texts, and even his own proposed experiments to test "agricultural transmutations", something that Stapleton appears to have kept very secret from his fellow scholars and never published anything about. It seems like unlike most of his academic colleagues, Stapleton took some types of transmutation claims seriously enough to put them to the test.)

Just a few more modern examples:

There's Maria Papathanassiou, who published her thesis on the alchemical works of Stephanos of Alexandria in German:

https://www.academia.edu/32036969/STEPHANOS_VON_ALEXANDREIA_UND_SEIN_ALCHEMISTISCHES _WERK

There's Wolfgang Beck, who published his thesis on Maier's Examen Fucorum Pseudo-Chymicorum:

https://www.tib.eu/en/search/id/TIBKAT%3A019609329/Michael-Maiers-Examen-Fucorum-Pseudo-Chymicorum/

There's Regula Forster's upcoming study on Ibn Arfaʻ Raʼs' very popular among Muslim alchemists 12th century alchemical poem, "Gold Particles/Splinters" (which Holmyard back in his day stupidly declined to translate and publish because he thought wasn't worth the effort! Another example of the lack of foresight of many alchemy scholars in the English-speaking world! Now we will finally get a translation, but in German, a language that is only read by comparatively few people around the world, unlike English or French... sigh!):

http://www.research-projects.uzh.ch/p22638.htm

There's Manfred Ullmann's classic survey of Islamic alchemical literature, an indispensable resource for locating surviving copies of Arabic alchemical manuscripts:

https://books.google.com/books?id=B7A3AAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Die+Natur+-+Und+Geheimwissenschaften+Im+Islam&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjBopbU-fneAhXpiVQKHYO_BLgQ6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=Die%20Natur%20-%20Und%20Geheimwissenschaften%20Im%20Islam&f=false

Same thing with Sezgin's survey of Arabic alchemical literature:

https://books.google.com/books?id=2kP1zYHWaA0C&pg=PP1&dq=sezgin+alchimie&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCqK2G-vneAhWB7Z8KHXLbAowQ6AEILjAB#v=onepage&q=sezgin%20alchimie&f=false

There's Ullmann's translation of the Arabic alchemical dialogue between Cleopatra and the philosophers:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/23868143

There's Christopher Braun's translation of "The Book of the Ziziphus Tree of the Furthest Boundary", attributed to Ibn Wahshiyya:

https://www.amazon.de/Sidrat-al-muntah%C4%81-Pseudo-Ibn-Wa%E1%B8%A5%C5%A1%C4%ABya-hermetisch-allegorischen/dp/3879974497

There's Juliane Müller's critical edition and translation of two Arabic alchemical dialogues, one between Aristotle and Yuhin, and one of the classic ones between King Marqunus, Mitawus and Qaydarus:

http://www.klaus-schwarz-verlag.com/index.php?title=Juliane+M%C3%BCller%3A+Zwei+arabis che+Dialoge+zur+Alchemie&art_no=IU310&language=en

There's Oliver Humberg's researches on Weidenfeld, Mylius, Agricola (Johann, the chymist, who, unlike Georg the metallurgist, was heavily into transmutation and defended its reality with teeth & nails), Thölde, etc.:

https://www.editionen.uni-wuppertal.de/en/personen/kollegiatinnen-und-kollegiaten/humberg-oliver/publikationen.html

Man, I tell you again: the English-speaking world is FAR BEHIND the German one when it comes to alchemical scholarship. There's more studies, surveys, critical editions & translations of alchemical & chymical texts in the German-speaking world than in that of any other language. The best advice I could give to any young people who want to get into these two subjects: LEARN TO READ GERMAN! If you don't, you are going to miss on A LOT of great material that can only be found in this language.

Florius Frammel
11-29-2018, 06:07 PM
Thanks!
I indeed did not know some of those people before!

Chrysa Lead
11-29-2018, 09:16 PM
I was asking the owner of Sesheta Editions about a "modern german" version of the book, I give you his answer :

"It exists 2 other versions but incomplete :

- one from the 18th century published by AAG :
Une version du 18e siècle éditée chez AAGW : https://www.aagw-gnostika.de/aagw/grc/

- one from the 20th century from the Brother Archarion :
https://www.amazon.de/Von-wahrer-Alchemie-Archarion/dp/3762606005

A part of this incomplete version is translated in english :
https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/alchemic-pictures/archarion-the-opus-magnum-scheme/

One of the german versions is online :
https://archive.org/details/ThesaurusThesaurorum

Another link :
https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/tag/testamentum-fraternitatis-roseae-et-aureae-crucis/page/2/

Translationof the incomplete version of Archarion :
https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/tag/testamentum-fraternitatis-roseae-et-aureae-crucis/page/2/?fbclid=IwAR08gl0gECibxMs7sPTk2RM6vAmQQf67SLrHybHZ FoySWVYWuJEImtT4QP4

About this english version (https://www.amazon.com/Thesaurus-Thesaurorum-Treasures-Brotherhood-Rosy-Cross/dp/1482613875/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543486831&sr=8-1&keywords=Thesaurorum%20or%20the%20Treasures%20of%2 0Treasures%20of%20the%20Brotherhood%20of%20the%20G olden%20Rosy-Cross&fbclid=IwAR2w1krSiyE7Dgb1-agOpBF7ucvSuoJYD6aoZ6jsc1CDYhK0yrMRc05sVgw) we were speaking about (from Adam Goldsmith) : this is a very bad translation of an italien version. Just forget it !

See you later,

Catherine

Florius Frammel
11-29-2018, 09:26 PM
Thank you Catherine!

Tiberius
11-30-2018, 01:46 AM
I was asking the owner of Sesheta Editions about a "modern german" version of the book, I give you his answer :

"It exists 2 other versions but incomplete :

- one from the 18th century published by AAG :
Une version du 18e siècle éditée chez AAGW : https://www.aagw-gnostika.de/aagw/grc/

- one from the 20th century from the Brother Archarion :
https://www.amazon.de/Von-wahrer-Alchemie-Archarion/dp/3762606005

A part of this incomplete version is translated in english :
https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/alchemic-pictures/archarion-the-opus-magnum-scheme/

One of the german versions is online :
https://archive.org/details/ThesaurusThesaurorum

Another link :
https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/tag/testamentum-fraternitatis-roseae-et-aureae-crucis/page/2/

Translationof the incomplete version of Archarion :
https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/tag/testamentum-fraternitatis-roseae-et-aureae-crucis/page/2/?fbclid=IwAR08gl0gECibxMs7sPTk2RM6vAmQQf67SLrHybHZ FoySWVYWuJEImtT4QP4

About this english version (https://www.amazon.com/Thesaurus-Thesaurorum-Treasures-Brotherhood-Rosy-Cross/dp/1482613875/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543486831&sr=8-1&keywords=Thesaurorum%20or%20the%20Treasures%20of%2 0Treasures%20of%20the%20Brotherhood%20of%20the%20G olden%20Rosy-Cross&fbclid=IwAR2w1krSiyE7Dgb1-agOpBF7ucvSuoJYD6aoZ6jsc1CDYhK0yrMRc05sVgw) we were speaking about (from Adam Goldsmith) : this is a very bad translation of an italien version. Just forget it !

See you later,

Catherine

At least now i know its not a good idea to spend so much money for a book with a bad translation. Thank you, Crysa