PDA

View Full Version : Ars Brevis

Andro
05-20-2016, 12:12 AM
Not too long ago I had a series of communications, some in dreams and some in an altered 'waking' state, about which I wrote HERE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1089-Secrecy-amp-Alchemical-Initiations&p=41578#post41578).

The likely most significant one involved an audible voice in my head, saying that "the stone can be had in 3 days".

To continue this line, during the days that followed I had quite a lot of imagery and 'waves of inspiration' regarding this subject.

One image that stood out was me lighting a fire by a waterfall. It was a recurring image and I am yet to make sense of it.

Older thoughts reappeared in my mind, concerning the fact that all that we perceive as 'matter' is actually 'virtual code', wrapped around the one and only 'real' matter, which is code-less and UN-created, and therefore not subject to the laws and cycles of this reality in the way that 'common matter' is.

Another sequence of images involved two 'matters' in a vessel. One matter was relatively 'pure' in terms of 'code contamination' or 'corruption', and the other matter appeared to be acting like an 'eraser' (eraser of 'code'), to peel off the superfluous layers and leave behind only what cannot be erased (because it was never created). What's left behind after all 'created matter' is 'deleted', is the one matter of our stone. All there was left to 'happen' in this sequence was for the UN-created seed-matter to become fixed and perfected over a gentle fire, over the course of a few days only.

I can't say what the two matters are, I can only assume there is a possible variety that meets the requirements.

It's been intense for me, I'll keep asking for guidance in the same way I did before receiving the aforementioned dream sequence(s).

It felt (to me) like a great operating principle finally came together in my mind. I have no idea yet where this may lead.

Just wanted to share.

Dendritic Xylem
05-20-2016, 02:26 AM
Thank you for sharing this.

zoas23
05-20-2016, 04:50 AM
It reminds me a lot of Cyliani! (This is probably obvious for you).

It also made me think of the 3 days between the death of Jesus and his resurrection (I don't care if that's a historical event or not... but finding alchemical texts that use the life of Jesus and specially his final days as an alchemical metaphor are not unusual... and the idea of Jesus and Christ as 2 matters... with "Jesus" being the inferior matter and "Christ" the superior or "uncoded" matter).
Then again, it's only a philosophical speculation and maybe not incredibly useful when it comes to working at the lab itself.

Salazius
05-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Another sequence of images involved two 'matters' in a vessel. One matter was relatively 'pure' in terms of 'code contamination' or 'corruption', and the other matter appeared to be acting like an 'eraser' (eraser of 'code'), to peel off the superfluous layers and leave behind only what cannot be erased (because it was never created). What's left behind after all 'created matter' is 'deleted', is the one matter of our stone. All there was left to 'happen' in this sequence was for the UN-created seed-matter to become fixed and perfected over a gentle fire, over the course of a few days only.

One of the most explicit manner to say it. Bravo.

Awani
05-20-2016, 02:34 PM
There is the code. And then there is the thing that erase the code. But in code-land nothing can exist that is not code, not physically. So it is a bit of a paradox issue.

Not saying it is not possible, but in terms of "matter" it seems to be. In non-matter terms what you wrote makes perfect sense.

Although if what you say is metaphorical in terms of matter, then sure I can see how it would be possible to fix it into matter.

Regardless I look forward to what will develop.

:cool:

Illen A. Cluf
05-20-2016, 02:58 PM
One image that stood out was me lighting a fire by a waterfall. It was a recurring image and I am yet to make sense of it.

This seems to be the easy part and likely relates to the combining of the four Elements into a Quintessence. Fire ("lighting a fire") and Water ("waterfall"). That leaves Earth and Air. You are the Earth, and you are lighting the Fire by using the Air to ignite it.

In your image, what were you lighting the fire with? And how were you dressed?

Andro
05-20-2016, 04:18 PM
In your image, what were you lighting the fire with? And how were you dressed?

Other than it being a wood fire, I don't recall other details.

My impression is that it was the (falling) water and the fire that were significant for a 'special' kind of manifestation.

No direct representation of Air and Earth (in that scenery), although I was sitting on the ground and there was obviously 'air' around.

I don't want to rationalize too much, but I think that the focus was on Fire and (falling) Water.

Andro
05-20-2016, 04:25 PM
But in code-land nothing can exist that is not code, not physically. So it is a bit of a paradox issue.

Perhaps THE great challenge of the Universal Alchemical process is rendering the UN-created Center visible/tangible in Code-Land.

Also, code can erase code. Using 'law' against 'law', code against code. Like triggering an 'autoimmune' process in the program.

What is left when this is done, is the only real (code-less) 'matter', the only one that cannot be 'erased' (again, because it was never created).

Andro
05-20-2016, 04:26 PM
One of the most explicit manner to say it. Bravo.

Thank you.

Nibiru
05-20-2016, 06:36 PM
Other than it being a wood fire, I don't recall other details.

My impression is that it was the (falling) water and the fire that were significant for a 'special' kind of manifestation.

I don't want to rationalize too much, but I think that the focus was on Fire and (falling) Water.

Cool 'dream' :)

I get the idea of an analogy of a Universal process for Uniting the fixed and volitile. I relate falling water to a condensation of spirit, while burning the wood is spiritualizing matter. Unite a newly formed Matter with a recently liberated Spirit..

Kiorionis
05-20-2016, 09:54 PM

Curious. Might it be a matter of forces? Juxtaposing this thread with the Alchemy in Magical Grimoires (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4332-Alchemy-in-Magical-Grimoires) thread is interesting.

Putrefactive Force (code erasers) + Magnetic Fields (what's left behind after matter is deleted of "substance")

Kiorionis
05-20-2016, 09:59 PM
This seems to be the easy part and likely relates to the combining of the four Elements into a Quintessence. Fire ("lighting a fire") and Water ("waterfall"). That leaves Earth and Air. You are the Earth, and you are lighting the Fire by using the Air to ignite it.

Based on the 'code erasers' concept, I imagine it would be more like deleting the elements and leaving the Quintessence behind? Except that the elements are holding the Quintessence in place?

Curious though.

Illen A. Cluf
05-20-2016, 10:30 PM
Based on the 'code erasers' concept, I imagine it would be more like deleting the elements and leaving the Quintessence behind? Except that the elements are holding the Quintessence in place?

Curious though.
Perhaps a little of both. The elements still need to be recombined before the erasing can begin.

Salazius
05-21-2016, 08:47 AM
When a Stone is at a the White regimen of fire, it is codeless. The code that is trapped is "the fire from above" so to speak.

Salazius
05-21-2016, 09:21 AM
Of course, the hard drive can be "a code - codeless"/nothing engraved on it, but still being a hard drive. Also, the hard drive is able to bear the "pure" code, when it is himself able to reach it (hacking the system) by a good magick word, Key, Mercury (wich is an eraser of code, and thus a dissolvant => Mercury).

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/11/17/05/29/compju10.jpg

A pure hard drive/tablet (not yet emerald) will be able to fix/retranscript the Original Code without screwing/deforming it.

Multiplication : It is not to make enter more code. Sulfur A.Mundi. It is to break it and to recombine it with the hard drive and mercury in order to make it more engraved in the matter. It is a question of "how deep" is engraved the code here.

Ghislain
05-21-2016, 09:27 AM
I was just writing a reply when Salazius posted his along the same lines, but here it is as was written ;) ...

As we are talking here of data, I would like to use the computer as a simile.

To handle data and store it there has to be a medium for it. In the case of the computer we use transistors and connecting wires or tracks. If we are to go down the road of everything being data then one has to wonder what the medium for the movement and storage of this data may be.

For “UN-created seed-matter to become fixed and perfected” in this analogy the “UN-created” would be empty (RAM/ROM) memory and the “fixed and perfected” would be occupied memory.

To make any use of this stored memory one would need something to interpret it, such as a CPU combined with outputs and user interface devices.

One could argue that we have all these things; a brain as a CPU, a central nervous system for the transportation of the data, and many user interface devices as in the senses. We understand all these things, but what we don’t see or understand is what connects us to the data, what is the medium for this and where all this data is stored.

I believe that when we understand all the above, if it is possible to understand, then we may be able to make use of empty RAM/ROM and create new input to that which we perceive as the universe. I believe we already do create new input as a natural function of our everyday lives, now we just need to know what the medium is.

Perhaps the medium is every living thing, but what are the connections/tracks?

Edit: We may be the RAM, books and other type of media may be the ROM in which case ancient texts and monuments may be a message from the past; a hint of what is. ;)

Here is another one...maybe all we see evolved from energy and there never was a creator, it just happened...like a fractal view of evolution.

Ghislain

Ghislain
05-21-2016, 09:59 AM
Everywhere we look there is spin, be it in the quantum world, the micro or the macro world.

Could this be something we need to understand?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PFnPJabeFI

Ghislain

Andro
05-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Mind likes to complicate things because it gives it the illusion of purpose on the cyclical/dead-end 'Path of Attainment'.

Perception without the senses, understanding without the mind.

The beauty of the imagery I've 'seen' is that it implies a simple reaction, dare I say chemical, in which code annihilates code, and all that's left behind is only the code-less/UN-created.

Code burns Code. Yet, something 'real' is left, after all matter/code/illusion has fled.

Now it can be seen see how all nature renews and resurrects itself, just enough to perpetuate the cycles, but not enough to stop time.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dwellings
05-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Andro, are you talking of the path where we take a vessel into which we must add nothing and from which we must remove nothing. That path takes a couple of days as I am aware of but Ars Brevis IMO can be completed in couple of hours tops

Nicolas LeFevre ~ Secret of Secrets

Table VII: The Time~ By the long first humid but finally dry way, seven months are sufficient for the Artist, but for the quick dry way, five hours are enough.

The humid and dry way is but One Way, which by diligence or negligence of the operator, may be abbreviated or prolonged.

Anonymous ~ Untitled Ms

Accordingly there is now, besides the work of three years, a work of three months, three weeks, three days, and, surpassing all of these, three hours. Mary the Prophetess was trained in this last work; a philosopher of keen intellect, or a well-trained artisan, will be able to investigate what she has learned from her discussions with the Philosopher Aros. In addition, there are other works, called the work of one natural day, one month, one year, and nine months. Anyone who does not know the distinctions among these and other such things lays claim to this saying: "He should take his hand off the reins." And though all these aforesaid works are to be understood only by the time of operation from first to last, nevertheless it can happen that other works are mixed in with them, and then both operations, antecedent and consequent, are included in the timespan listed above. But since the purpose here has been merely to give you a casual warning about these matters, there is no need to dwell on them further...

Fulcanelli says that this work requires a flick of the wrist operation.

From what I can gather from your dreams and things that you have presented related to this (dreams, panic attack etc) you were talking of the dry way and not Ars Brevis IMO.

Andro
05-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Andro, are you talking of the path where we take a vessel into which we must add nothing and from which we must remove nothing. That path takes a couple of days as I am aware of but Ars Brevis IMO can be completed in couple of hours tops.

From what I can gather from your dreams and things that you have presented related to this (dreams, panic attack etc) you were talking of the dry way and not Ars Brevis IMO.

No, I am not talking of the classical 'Dry Way'/'Via Sicca' (which according to authors you mentioned is similar to the Wet Way). The Dry Way (according to some authors) is not a short way.

I am talking of 'Ars Brevis' in the sense of quick/short/fast (brevity).

The 'voice' that communicated to me said 3 days. If I ever hear 3 hours, I'll say it here.

I also want to add that this is not something taken particularly from books, but a more direct/personal communication.

I have named the thread 'Ars Brevis' mostly for the sake of convenience, as this name was not included in the communications and dreams.

Dwellings
05-22-2016, 07:01 PM
Andro,

What made me suspicious that the path must be 'Dry Path' because you saw wars in one of your dreams. At a certain stage, you said we must apply gentle fire, we know that in Dry Path a certain 'Fire' is increased linearly till the vessel explodes.

If it is not dry path then I guess

From Spiritus Mundi thread

Rhoend
You can whiten the stone on a day like Mary the Jewess says. The red phase takes three days.

Andro
05-22-2016, 07:45 PM
If it is not dry path then I guess

From Spiritus Mundi thread

Rhoend
You can whiten the stone on a day like Mary the Jewess says. The red phase takes three days.

The above mentioned experiment (or speculation) is after allegedly manifesting Spirit over a relatively longer period of time.

What I am talking about is illusions/lies annihilating each other until only the truth remains. This can also explain the dream of war. If we want to 'explain'.

The reaction can even be a simple 'chemical' one, because common 'chemical' matters are also illusions of Code-Land.

Dwellings
05-23-2016, 06:18 AM
Rhoend also mentioned of a quick path

Androgynus:
If you mean getting larger quantities of pure SM within hours, directly from Space, in an empty vacuumed flask with no magnet material inside, then you're way ahead of me
That's great & I'm happy for you!
But if one or more parameters are different in your practice, we can talk about it...
Rhoend : Yes, it is possible. Using the four elements. And a special flask of special material.

If you are coming back to chemical reactions and you are sure that it is chemical matters then we are into Ars Brevis which lasts a couple of hours since it involves knowledge of vulgar chemicals and their nature.

Andro
05-23-2016, 10:11 PM
This is from the website of an amazing Italian lady with whom I had the privilege to conduct some private email exchanges in the past.

The FAQs section on her site (https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/faqs/), after dealing with the 'Wet Way' and the 'Dry Way', adds the question: "Is there a third way? (https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/faqs/is-there-a-third-way/)"

And the reply is:

"Yes, but only by means of special tools. No pelicans, distillation apparatus or crucibles. Probably the most ancient and secret among alchemical ways, the third way mainly involves fields of physical forces, which are unknown to the most orthodox ways. This way has much in common with the so called Ars Brevis, or brief art, although cannot be considered a synonym."

Dwellings
05-24-2016, 04:31 PM
It seems we are using the same term for different paths and regimens and hence a mixup has occured IMO, my bad.

What I am talking about is

Dwellings
Happy Unhappiness

Apart from these reasons --- which are necessarily abstract because they are veiled in the form of a stone with a concise image --- there is another one, practical, which comes to uphold and conform in the practical domain the esoteric affiliation of the first ones. We shall state it by saying that whosoever being ignorant of the flick of the wrist of the operation yet takes the risk to undertake it, must fear everything from the fire; that person is in real danger and can hardly escape the consequences of a thoughtless and reckless action. Why then, one could say to us, not to provide this means? We will answer this by saying that to reveal an experiment of this sort would be to give the secret of the short way and that we have not received from God nor from our brothers the authorization to uncover such a mystery. It is already much that, prompted by our solicitude and charity, we warned the beginner whose lucky star leads to the threshold of the cave, that he should be on his guard and redouble his prudence. A similar warning is rarely encountered in the books, and quite succinct as to what concerns the Ars Brevis, but which the Adept of Dampierre knew as perfectly as Ripley, Basil Valentine, Philalethes, Albertus Magnus, Huginus a Barma, Cyliani, or Naxagoras.

As for what you have quoted from FAQ, it reminds of Axis Mundi pics that you have posted elsewhere. I hope that is what you are hinting at, please correct me if this is not the case.

elixirmixer
06-13-2016, 11:04 PM

Could this be symbolic for refluxing?

pierre
06-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Not too long ago I had a series of communications, some in dreams and some in an altered 'waking' state, about which I wrote HERE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1089-Secrecy-amp-Alchemical-Initiations&p=41578#post41578).

The likely most significant one involved an audible voice in my head, saying that "the stone can be had in 3 days".

To continue this line, during the days that followed I had quite a lot of imagery and 'waves of inspiration' regarding this subject.

Older thoughts reappeared in my mind, concerning the fact that all that we perceive as 'matter' is actually 'virtual code', wrapped around the one and only 'real' matter, which is code-less and UN-created, and therefore not subject to the laws and cycles of this reality in the way that 'common matter' is.

I can't say what the two matters are, I can only assume there is a possible variety that meets the requirements.

It's been intense for me, I'll keep asking for guidance in the same way I did before receiving the aforementioned dream sequence(s).

It felt (to me) like a great operating principle finally came together in my mind. I have no idea yet where this may lead.

Just wanted to share.

Hi, Andro...
It could be possible that water and fire in the dream are related to each other and indicate a water / fire as a substance to use or obtain? Perhaps the lack of air element suggests the need for vacuum, and the absence of the earth element , an aspect of the an immaterial operation, something that does not leave behind Tierra damnata.
I dont know... these are reflections "out of the box", but maybe they can push some inner cord to suggest any idea of the meaning of your dream.

Kiorionis
06-19-2016, 02:21 PM

Hi, Andro...
It could be possible that water and fire in the dream are related to each other and indicate a water / fire as a substance to use or obtain?

Maybe this has something to do with igniting the 'secret fire' directly, rather than extracting SM first, or manifesting a virgin earth?

If so, the 'waterfall' might be keeping it from lighting properly, or the fuel for the fire, or both.

Just my thoughts :cool:

Andro
06-19-2016, 02:52 PM
If anything, I can personally better relate to Pierre's interpretation, especially this part:

something that does not leave behind Tierra Damnata.

Many 'time' consuming cycles/rectifications/'eagles'/etc are required to get rid of multiple layers of 'Tierra Damnata' (in some lineages of the 'longer' paths), but in this case, this would no longer be a issue.

Michael Sternbach
06-19-2016, 02:59 PM

At the risk of stating the obvious: This is a describtion of reducing the starting matter to its 'first matter' (prima materia, proton hyle) by the action of the Philosophical Mercury.

Andro
06-19-2016, 03:09 PM
At the risk of stating the obvious: This is a description of reducing the starting matter to its 'first matter' (prima materia, proton hyle) by the action of the Philosophical Mercury.

In this case, this 'deleting of code' process in fact results in the emergence/appearance of 'Our Mercury'.

The involvement of 'Mercury' is not as one of the initial ingredients, but as the 'end result'. Again, in this case/approach.

Michael Sternbach
06-19-2016, 04:12 PM
In this case, this 'deleting of code' process in fact results in the emergence/appearance of 'Our Mercury'.

The involvement of 'Mercury' is not as one of the initial ingredients, but as the 'end result'. Again, in this case/approach.

I think this depends on the terminology you use.

Prime matter can be called Mercury (as opposed to form or Sulfur), but what I meant was the universal solvent. This must of necessity carry the principle of undifferentiateness itself, to be sure.

Agni
08-02-2016, 11:01 PM
This is from the website of an amazing Italian lady with whom I had the privilege to conduct some private email exchanges in the past.

The FAQs section on her site (https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/faqs/), after dealing with the 'Wet Way' and the 'Dry Way', adds the question: "Is there a third way? (https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org/faqs/is-there-a-third-way/)"

And the reply is:

"Yes, but only by means of special tools. No pelicans, distillation apparatus or crucibles. Probably the most ancient and secret among alchemical ways, the third way mainly involves fields of physical forces, which are unknown to the most orthodox ways. This way has much in common with the so called Ars Brevis, or brief art, although cannot be considered a synonym."

Hello Andro, What about to use some word or a sentence or a prayer or an invocation? What i mean is something like put a vaccum flask in a tripode and then wait for the full moon, then in a certain hour speak the word or the sentence or the prayer or the invocation. Do this for one day before the full moon, in the full moon and one day after the full moon, three days. But the question could be, which word, sentence, prayer or invocation to use?

Perhaps the fire is that word ( vibration, movement) and the waterfall is the precipitation of SM into the flask.
:)

Andro
08-03-2016, 06:37 AM
Hello Andro, What about to use some word or a sentence or a prayer or an invocation? What i mean is something like put a vacuum flask in a tripod and then wait for the full moon, then in a certain hour speak the word or the sentence or the prayer or the invocation. Do this for one day before the full moon, in the full moon and one day after the full moon, three days. But the question could be, which word, sentence, prayer or invocation to use?

Perhaps the fire is that word ( vibration, movement) and the waterfall is the precipitation of SM into the flask.
:)

Having recently re-watched X-Men - First Class, I would suggest that whatever you say/pray, do it in a state that is the mid-point between Serenity and Rage... That's where the cool stuff happens :)

Axismundi000
08-03-2016, 07:56 AM
This anger and rage point is very interesting. There have been many occasions when I have been standing in my little lab room reviewing ongoing work: that seemingly unbidden feelings of anger and rage have risen up in me from no apparent source. My response is to psychologically sublimate them by shifting my mind to spiritual contemplation and a precarious balance, a battle even, between these occurs. Time can fly by as I stand there subject to two contending forces.

Not sure this is directly lab Alchemy but what you observed Andro is interesting.

Kiorionis
08-20-2016, 11:19 PM
Not sure this is directly lab Alchemy but what you observed Andro is interesting.

Internal alchemy, yes. The base emotions, anger, rage, lust, etc. are all connected to our sexual energy.

Serenity, tranquility, enlightenment etc. are connected to our 'spiritual' energy.

The Taoist Tiger and Dragon, or the western Sulphur and Mercury.

Axismundi000
08-22-2016, 10:16 PM
If the emergence of these two forces (Tiger and Dragon) is a common event in practical Alchemy. I can see why the saying ora et labora is mentioned frequently. Though for me it is more et operam praestare magicae - labour and perform magic, generally of the Franz Bardon variety.

Agni
08-30-2016, 11:01 PM
Having recently re-watched X-Men - First Class, I would suggest that whatever you say/pray, do it in a state that is the mid-point between Serenity and Rage... That's where the cool stuff happens :)

Yes, always in the midle. But, which is the word we need to speak? like Moses when God suggest to him to speak to the rock.

:confused:

Lux Natura
08-31-2016, 02:32 AM
But, which is the word we need to speak? like Moses when God suggest to him to speak to the rock.

:confused:

God gave moses the ROD and told him to speak to the FACE of the rock in front of AARONS TRIBE while holding the rod in order to receive water from the stone. Moses STRUCK the rock instead, twice in anger to prove that god could produce water from the rock (why twice, didn't it work the first time???) and water came forth, but god was angry that moses disobeyed him by hitting the rock instead of speaking, so he had AARON brought up to a mountain where AARON died as a punishment, and then AARONS TRIBE cried for 30 days.

There is a parallel storyline here - water from the face of the rock and water from the faces of aarons tribe. Aarons tribe is being disobedient towards moses, and moses is being disobedient towards god. God punishes Aarons tribe by having aaron die, just as moses punished the rock by hitting it. The water that came from the rock is called "strife" - because although it quenches the thirst of people and their animals for a while, it did not quench a deeper thirst, and so they continued to suffer afterwards in their journey. The same word is used originally in hebrew for both ROD and TRIBE. Moses was to hold the rod and speak, as in he was supposed to hold the tribe and speak, but he punished them instead just as he punished the rock. Both incidences led to water being released. The same story is being told twice, once in the micro (moses-rock-tribe), once in the macro (moses-tribe-god), and we are shown that they are linked (as above...)

As for the word that god wanted moses to speak in order to get water form the face of the rock, it was that he wanted moses to "treat me as holy" in front of the congregation. It was a word of sanctity and worship.

I think there is a story being told here that doesn't really have much to do with rocks and water, but intentions and actions and results.

Something else interesting about the staff (rod), but this is a bit of an aside: known as the w3s-staff, it's design looks like a long tuning fork with a feathered head on the opposing end. Think static electricity and harmonic vibrations. It's design is also a "hook" on one end and a "Y" on the other - meant for navigating through bushes (push pull staff).

Many interesting avenues of exploration here, and keeping with the spirit of what this thread is originally about, I think this story is showing us something more meaningful than first appears. This double story that is self referential on different scales is something that is innate to the code - but we are usually sidetracked in the illusion of what the code is saying (the message,) instead of what the code is saying about its own nature (the medium). The idea of sanctification of god is an act that cuts through the nature of the code to connect directly to source (through da'ath), but this was something moses was not capable of doing, or at least something he did not want to do. The code itself will always contain multi-leveled meaning, as it's in its nature. Something to do with the arrangement of the synapses versus the arrangement of ideas that live in the fields created by the synapses. That superimposition of the organic with the ... electric. The sanctification cuts through this because it bypasses it all-together.

Can it be that the code contains an awareness of the source, and no matter what it does it cannot reference anything without also referencing this unreferenceable source? I think so. I think this is why we can find meaningful explanation in many stories, fairy tales, etc... that all speak towards that one thing that cannot every be spoken about and must be kept secret.

Ghislain
08-31-2016, 09:18 AM
Can it be that the code contains an awareness of the source, and no matter what it does it cannot reference anything without also referencing this unreferenceable source? I think so. I think this is why we can find meaningful explanation in many stories, fairy tales, etc... that all speak towards that one thing that cannot every be spoken about and must be kept secret.

Or could it be that there are no secrets, but the one thing has no words that can describe it and thus it is left to metaphors and similes?

Ghislain

Lux Natura
08-31-2016, 11:59 AM
Or could it be that there are no secrets, but the one thing has no words that can describe it and thus it is left to metaphors and similes?

Ghislain

Yes. When prompted to explain things that have no clear terminology, people usually find similes... "it's like this, it's kinda like that". More complex phenomenon get the metaphors, parables, or stories to show relationships between similes. I think the further something exists on the edge of language and symbolism or code the more convoluted the explanation can get, and naturally that which exists in the absence of code is indescribable in any accurate way. Calling it a secret I think is more along the lines that IT, whatever IT is (or rather, all the things IT ISNT) is wrapped in secret, as in unilluminable by the symbolism and language that we currently use to explain things.

When I say, "cannot be spoken about" I mean it in a very technical sense as in language is not adequate, and not like "people promised not to reveal what it is" sense.

The concept of it being secret is sort of anthropomorphization of the experience of glimpsing it - as it's something that happens outside the normal faculties of mind in an elevated state of communion. It registers *something* in the memory, but not in the syntactical or easily relatable sense. There is a feeling of "something being held back, kept away" perhaps, which prompts the idea of it being a "secret" (see... even here we are just using "secret" as a direct comparison of the experience!)

Chasm
08-31-2016, 03:27 PM

Just wanted to share.

Hello Andro and others,
I just wanted to add my two cents of what this dream may mean. Could the water which falls through the air from above, signify the joining of opposites? You are situated below on earth lighting the fire which is opposed to water. Perhaps what you see is a message to unify the opposites, fire and water, through the medium of air. This sounds quite hermetic if you ask me. Furthermore, this meme is prevalent in many alchemical texts.
Just chiming in with my perspective. ;)

Philosophical
09-06-2016, 06:42 AM

And the reply is:

What I am talking about is illusions/lies annihilating each other until only the truth remains. This can also explain the dream of war. If we want to 'explain'.

The reaction can even be a simple 'chemical' one, because common 'chemical' matters are also illusions of Code-Land.

Andro thanks for all your sharing a in this thread and your other posts, I am somewhat of a silent reader hehe. This is just my musings and something that caught my interest in the above two quotes. It reminds me of the A-Vector Potential that is left behind when two magnetic fields occupy the same space but cancel each other. I cannot think of any truly chemical process where matter is completely annihilated but fields are easily annihilated but yet as confirmed by the aranov-boom effect of quantum physics, when two magnetic fields cancel there is in fact something which remains.

Just my thoughts and much more physicsy than alchemical but at the end of the day we're all talking about the same universe just different aspects of it ;)