PDA

View Full Version : Can I drink this?

elixirmixer
05-31-2016, 10:49 AM
So this is a life or death situation here people. After being extremely patient, I've finally created something I'm pretty excited about and all I want to do is drink it and see what happens!! I would like some serious advice from people who have actually used the substance:

Menstruum Foetens of Sodium.

Experience with any of the Menstruum Foetens from the acetate path would be greatly appreciated. The question is, how is this product prepared medicinally?

Or any metallic tincture of the lower level metal's for that matter? Please don't be silly and post misleading information as I have many people who depend upon me and I'm sure future readers do also.

Awani
05-31-2016, 11:49 AM
I can't answer you, but please be aware that people have died (some we "know" here on the forum)... or if they have not died they have had to go to the hospital.

See: Safety First! (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3018-Safety-first!)

:cool:

elixirmixer
05-31-2016, 12:58 PM
Oh my Thoth! I wish I had read that early. I can't count how many times I've taken a huge wiff of acetic acid lately, my lazy ego saying, "meh, you live vinegar " !!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nevertheless... I hope this awkward situation doesn't slow down the thread. Anyone else made some risky ingestions?

zoas23
05-31-2016, 01:23 PM
Oh my Thoth! I wish I had read that early. I can't count how many times I've taken a huge wiff of acetic acid lately, my lazy ego saying, "meh, you live vinegar " !!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nevertheless... I hope this awkward situation doesn't slow down the thread. Anyone else made some risky ingestions?

A member of this forum, and I can't remember who (I think it was JDP, but I can be wrong)... said something fantastic on the subject:

"Don't be the guinea pig of your experiments"

On the other hand, I've made a pact with my girlfriend (she had some experience with alchemy before we met... which was surprising for both of us, since we both realized of our shared interest AFTER we were a couple, though right now she's not very much doing something with that interest of her because she got involved in too many other issues).

The pact we made is that I will NEVER do something that can potentially harm me or kill me (and, yes, as Dev said, we had a few persons who were members or former members of this forum who died after consuming something without researching if it was safe or not)...

In my own case, the idea of making this pact with my girlfriend worked for me, because she is for me more important than I am to myself.
But I truly suggest you to make this same pact with yourself or with anyone or anything that is meaningful to you: Don't EVER do or consume something that MAY harm you or kill you... play safe... and always ASK FIRST if you have doubts. Alchemy is too beautiful as to make it become a "Russian Roulette"... and we all define "Alchemy" in different ways, but "consuming stuff that may kill you and seeing what happens" is probably not one of the best definitions!

Kiorionis
05-31-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm not fair with this Menstruum Foetens of Sodium. Would you mind explaining how it was produced?

As far as I know, menstruums aren't typically ingested...

theFool
05-31-2016, 05:01 PM
So this is a life or death situation here people. Why do you think that? Is it that you are in a difficult health situation or is it a glorification/fantasy about the "menstruum foetens"?
If by mistake one ingests a wrong substance most probably the result will not be death but suffering.

It was not uncommon for the chemists of old days to have a taste of their chemicals in order to identify them by the effects (there was no spectroscopy back then) or search for new properties. Many made big discoveries but also suffered premature deaths; for example Scheele (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Wilhelm_Scheele) who died from kidney problems at age of 43. Especially if you have people in your life who care or depend on you, you should think twice before playing with your health.

Now, since I know that there are some people for whom the warnings will not be enough to stop them from meeting their destiny, one crude method is to start with a very dilute portion of the substance under question, wait at least one day and then double the amount until effects are perceived.

Also, when dealing with an unknown substance, always check its safety from the chemical viewpoint (forget the alchemical bullshit, 99.99% your substance is a known chemical compound). In your case, the "menstruum foetens" is probably a product of self condensation of acetone or some other mix of organic compounds produced during destructive distillation. My guess is that it will give you some good diarrhea at least ...

Andro
05-31-2016, 05:38 PM
I would incline against ingestion of this particular product... See if you can use it as a menstruum, not as an 'ingestible' by itself. This Spirit can be also theoretically made into an inseparable "One Thing", together with a body (volatilized salts/moon) and a soul (sulfur/sun), both from the CM.

Also, Acetone has a certain affinity for SM, even if it's only 0.01% :)

elixirmixer
05-31-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm not fair with this Menstruum Foetens of Sodium. Would you mind explaining how it was produced?

This can be found in the "what not to do.. sodium acetate (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4754-what-not-to-do...-sodium-acetate)" thread.

elixirmixer
05-31-2016, 07:27 PM
forget the alchemical bullshit, 99.99% your substance is a known chemical compound). In your case, the "menstruum foetens" is probably a product of self condensation of acetone or some other mix of organic compounds produced during destructive distillation. My guess is that it will give you some good diarrhea at least ...

Dozens of organic compounds created, heaps of di-methyl this and euganol that... yeah acetone, acetic acid, water, the gas spectomitry (done by Robert Allen ) showed a VERY complex nature.

Many un-identified substances. I'm not currently facing doom, but I'm not too bloody healthy either (a SOB of a year so far, my ticker is feeling it)

I tried a very tiny amount, less than a drop, made me feel very good but that may have just been my own excitement and placebo effect.

elixirmixer
05-31-2016, 07:29 PM
Andro..... what do you mean by CM and SM??

elixirmixer
05-31-2016, 07:34 PM
A member of this forum, and I can't remember who (I think it was JDP, but I can be wrong)... said something fantastic on the subject:

"Don't be the guinea pig of your experiments"

On the other hand, I've made a pact with my girlfriend (she had some experience with alchemy before we met... which was surprising for both of us, since we both realized of our shared interest AFTER we were a couple, though right now she's not very much doing something with that interest of her because she got involved in too many other issues).

The pact we made is that I will NEVER do something that can potentially harm me or kill me (and, yes, as Dev said, we had a few persons who were members or former members of this forum who died after consuming something without researching if it was safe or not)...

In my own case, the idea of making this pact with my girlfriend worked for me, because she is for me more important than I am to myself.
But I truly suggest you to make this same pact with yourself or with anyone or anything that is meaningful to you: Don't EVER do or consume something that MAY harm you or kill you... play safe... and always ASK FIRST if you have doubts. Alchemy is too beautiful as to make it become a "Russian Roulette"... and we all define "Alchemy" in different ways, but "consuming stuff that may kill you and seeing what happens" is probably not one of the best definitions!

I can see what your saying, and I do worry about the risk, but I suppose I didn't study for a decade and spend thousands on equipment just to observe some fancy colour changes. Perhaps a pet mouse is a good purchase. (I apologize to any extremist animal lovers, but also share my opinion of TOUGH SHIT. Better him then me!! )

Andro
05-31-2016, 07:38 PM
Andro..... what do you mean by CM and SM?

CM = Caput Mortum

SM = Spiritus Mundi (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2071-Spiritus-Mundi)

elixirmixer
05-31-2016, 08:03 PM
Ah... of course.

elixirmixer
05-31-2016, 08:06 PM
I would incline against ingestion of this particular product... See if you can use it as a menstruum, not as an 'ingestible' by itself. This Spirit can be also theoretically made into an inseparable "One Thing", together with a body (volatilized salts/moon) and a soul (sulfur/sun), both from the CM.

Also, Acetone has a certain affinity for SM, even if it's only 0.01% :)

This is incredible advice. And very practical in being able to move this process forward. Thank you very much.

(Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about)

zoas23
06-01-2016, 05:00 AM
I can see what your saying, and I do worry about the risk, but I suppose I didn't study for a decade and spend thousands on equipment just to observe some fancy colour changes. Perhaps a pet mouse is a good purchase. (I apologize to any extremist animal lovers, but also share my opinion of TOUGH SHIT. Better him then me!! )

LOL... I love these awkward moments in which someone says something to the wrong person!!!

I am mostly laughing because this forum is not truly very much into Animal Rights discussions... I think the only hardcore extremist radical fanatical rabid animal lover is me (even with sympathies to the A.L.F... as to explain how true this is)... but I'm laughing anyway, I don't get into these debates here.

I do, however, give you my advice of NOT using a guinea pig. This goes beyond my ideology.
The guinea pig may not die, but get a cirrhosis, a permanent damage in his kidneys, an ulcer etc... but remain alive without even showing you that something went wrong.
So using them may bring you a false sense of confidence.

You didn't study for a decade to see fancy colors, that's for sure.
But you didn't study for a decade just to end up doing something silly that may harm you or kill you either.
I'm simply suggesting to play safe.

P.s, the radical extremist fanatical animal lover isn't offended, but mostly laughing at this awkward situation... these things make me smile. I can't explain why.

elixirmixer
06-01-2016, 07:19 AM
LOL... I love these awkward moments in which someone says something to the wrong person!!!

I am mostly laughing because this forum is not truly very much into Animal Rights discussions... I think the only hardcore extremist radical fanatical rabid animal lover is me (even with sympathies to the A.L.F... as to explain how true this is)... but I'm laughing anyway, I don't get into these debates here.

I do, however, give you my advice of NOT using a guinea pig. This goes beyond my ideology.
The guinea pig may not die, but get a cirrhosis, a permanent damage in his kidneys, an ulcer etc... but remain alive without even showing you that something went wrong.
So using them may bring you a false sense of confidence.

You didn't study for a decade to see fancy colors, that's for sure.
But you didn't study for a decade just to end up doing something silly that may harm you or kill you either.
I'm simply suggesting to play safe.

P.s, the radical extremist fanatical animal lover isn't offended, but mostly laughing at this awkward situation... these things make me smile. I can't explain why.

You make a very good point in regards to the guinea pig being a potential false reading towards the safety of the product. i will bear that in mind.

i find it a little odd, that at a simple request, to have a simple and standardizse process to create SOMETHING of a strong medicinal value, in order that many alchemists (aka the ones reading these threads) could become tools of a lot of good in this world... no body responded with any suggestions.

if only we were all a little more nav2010. haha

elixirmixer
06-01-2016, 07:21 AM
oh sorry, ive blended my two threads together in my brain... this was just about consuption... seems ive already done enough damage haha