PDA

View Full Version : The Mandela Effect

JinRaTensei
06-02-2016, 04:02 PM
A really weird phenomenon I came across yesterday. Apparently for the last weeks and months hundreds of videos have popped up over Youtube/ the internet of people sharing their experience with this Mandela Effect. I have no opinion on this subject yet but wanted to share it since it seems more fringe than almost any Sci-Fi movie I have ever seen.

Also I donīt want to share a link since I donīt want to cause any bias if one is interested in this subject.

In short the Mandela Effect describes a merging/changing of our reality. Many people share online how their memories have changed. How words and phrases in books have changed. How buildings and bridges which where formerly not in a certain location are now. How even the geography and topography of the planet have changed.

Some speculations I came across suggest that we are on a different timeline than before and that CERNs large Hadron Collider has something to do with it.

The Mandela Effect derives its name from Nelson Mandela which is apparently one of the most famous changes which have occurred. Some people remember him dying in prison,they remember seeing the memorial on TV etc. Others remember him being elected for president in 2013.

Obviously if this were to be true there is no evidence except for ones memories, since everything else except for spirit is said to be changed.

Some even claim that our current world/reality/timeline never made it over the year 2012 and that we all suffered some kind of nuclear or other global cataclysm on our former timeline.

Very strange stuff, what do you think? Do you have such changed memories? Personally I donīt but I also never scrutinized my memories until now so who knows ^^

z0 K
06-02-2016, 07:02 PM
A really weird phenomenon I came across yesterday.Apparently for the last weeks and months hundreds of videos have popped up over Youtube/ the internet of people sharing their experience with this Mandela Effect.I have no opinion on this subject yet but wanted to share it since it seems more fringe than almost any Sci-Fi movie I have seen ever.

Also I donīt want to share a link since I donīt want to cause any bias if one is interested in this subject, just look it up if you are interested.

In short the Mandela Effect describes a merging/changing of our reality.Many people share online how their memories have changed.How words and phrases in books have changed.How buildings and bridges which where formerly not in a certain location are now.How even the geography and topography of the planet have changed.

Some speculations I came across suggest that we are on a different timeline than before and that Cerns Supercollider has something to do with it.

the Mandela Effect derives its name from Nelson Mandela which is apparently one of the most famous changes which have occurred.Some people remember him dying in prison,they remember seeing the memorial on TV etc.Others remember him being elected for president in 2013.

Obviously if this were to be true there is no evidence accept for ones memories,since everything else accept for spirit is said to be changed.

Some even claim that our current world/reality/timeline never made it over the year 2012 and that we all suffered some kind of nuclear or other global event on our former timeline.

Very strange stuff, what do you think?do you have such changed memories?Personally I donīt but I also never scrutinized my memories until now so who knows ^^

Orwellian, Animal Farm, only the mule knows.

Andro
06-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Orwellian, Animal Farm, only the mule knows.

Interesting. How do you see it as related to Orwell/Animal Farm?

Also, once I read the word 'mule' it instantly connected me with Asimov's 'Mule' from his "Foundation' series...

Awani
06-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Interesting concept. I recall Mandela becoming President.

:cool:

z0 K
06-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Interesting. How do you see it as related to Orwell/Animal Farm?

Also, once I read the word 'mule' it instantly connected me with Asimov's 'Mule' from his "Foundation' series...

The originals ran the farm according to rules of procedure written on the barn wall. The animals were used to those chores that made their lives and world stable and comfortable. The greedy pigs took over the farm after the originals departed. They erased the rules on the barn wall at night and replaced them with new rules that benefitted them while changing the perception of those duped into servitude to the pigs rule. Only the mule could remember the previous original rules. The pigs ran amok and the farm animals suffered slavery and chaos.

This has been going on all the time since the priesthood learned how to write and kept the secret for themselves. As time went by the only perception of events that remain for those that do not know from direct experience was the written accounts of the priesthood: the first politicians.

This Parasite is well oiled in the fat of modern overpopulated high tech society addicted to passive entertainment. Quite often these days people suffer cognitive dissonance from the information overload that subjects one to the surrealism creeping into what they perceive to be reality.

In such conditions people still see Elvis in McDonald’s eating a fat burger, Jesus just left Chicago on a bus heading for New Orleans. Aliens are messing with the minds of others. And now people are feeling like reality is being re-written over the old safe rules of order and the pigs rule as usual.

As the Parasite feeds the bewilderment increases and the people become alienated to routine life. They become unstuck in the perception of their own time line. Some can see, like the mule, that the tragic changes are not natural or some breakdown of the original rules, but the perversion of their original purpose to benefit a very few well oiled pigs enslaved and addicted to the soul sucking insatiable transcendent Parasite at the periphery of awareness. The Parasite feeds on Spiritus Mundi of the most refined sort.

The Parasite tracks the Spirit to worlds seeded with life and waits until the soul evolves to the delicious state of ripeness found in Mankind. Humans harvested for their Spirit. The Parasite feeds on our consciousness at the edge of awareness manipulating the delicious color and flavors of our highly evolved ability to experience and feel.

The ruling pigs exert control over 99% of Mankind through economic slavery and war to feed their greed for “more.” Their greed and lust for power is driven by the Parasite at the periphery of awareness. They may or may not be aware of their own servitude to the Parasite.

Perhaps it is better for people not to become aware of the Parasite. It is a life changing revelation in conscious awareness. The mules need to know and remember. When the Parasite consumes Humanity only insect society will remain devotedly going though routine without conscious reflection. Consciousness a precious gift of the Spirit becomes absorbed into a constant feed of passive entertainment as the Parasite reaps the sensations leaving the human insectiods wanting more and willing to accept the slavery in the hive for it.

Andro
06-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Thank you. I see it in a very similar way.

Who or what is this Parasite, in your view? I sense we are treading on primordial Gnostic territory at this point.

http://liberatelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Higher-Self-Archon.jpg

Awani
06-02-2016, 10:16 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/enhanced-buzz-26781-1398177437-5_zpslncoyvdx.jpg

The Parasite is nothing.

I don't think there is an"evil" thing controlling us beyond this world. Or even in this world.

At best the Parasite is a double-bluff by the CIA. If you want the people to stop focusing on the true assholes why not give them an asshole they can never really grasp, catch or experience outside of their own fear-infected paranoid mind.

Everything is vibration IMO.

Conspiracy concerns, evil aliens, devils, illuminati, mind-control entities etc. etc... these are all negative vibrations and nothing worth having in your mind or life. It is NOT ignorance is bliss... because how can you be ignorant of something that does not exist unless you make it exist by accepting those "vibrations" into your "mind".

Of course there are greedy merchants of death walking on this Earth. But they are just a macrocosm of the greedy scumbag that you personally have met in your own life [the microcosm of this example] at some point. The only difference is the person you have met have not been given the steering wheel of the World Bank (for example).

At least this is my position.

I have in general - speaking now from a personal feeling/perspective - become extremely bored with the worry/fear/concern with the "illuminati"/"lizard" [call it/them what you will] kind of mentality. Why did the cat get so fat? You fed it too much.

Sure the NSA could one day knock on my door because I wrote something or said something or did something... but anyone can come knock on my door with intent to hurt me and my family. Who cares? I am more worried about slipping in the shower and breaking my neck.

The real problem is all the fucking democracy loving saps of this world. And all those grown adults that still live in a paternal mentality.

End of rant. ;)

Some speculations I came across suggest that we are on a different timeline than before and that CERNs large Hadron Collider has something to do with it.

This has weight in regards to the topic of this thread. Makes sense. I don't say yes or no to it being true.

Good source: List of common misconceptions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions)

Andro
06-02-2016, 10:35 PM
I very much doubt that it's illuminaty/lizards that z0 k referred to as the source of this, but that's for him to address.

The 'fat cats' are just as absorbed in this as everyone else, although erroneously believing that somehow they'll get some 'special treatment' for promoting and perpetuating this spirit-harvesting food chain, of which indeed the very vast majority is completely unaware.

You are of course entitled to your own view on this :)

Perhaps it is better for people not to become aware of the Parasite. It is a life changing revelation in conscious awareness. The mules need to know and remember. When the Parasite consumes Humanity only insect society will remain devotedly going though routine without conscious reflection. Consciousness a precious gift of the Spirit becomes absorbed into a constant feed of passive entertainment as the Parasite reaps the sensations leaving the human insectoids wanting more and willing to accept the slavery in the hive for it.

Awani
06-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Do you have such changed memories? Personally I donīt but I also never scrutinized my memories until now so who knows ^^

I have one about seeing a space ship in the forest. Years later understanding that this was just my imagination... I recall pretending I saw it. But my memory of the space ship is more clear than my memory of playing that I saw it. Not sure if this is Mandela Effect...

Perhaps it is better for people not to become aware of the Parasite.

I was expecting a reply to my post to point out the above sentence. Busted! LOL! The Parasite is the I... that is the only villain. Any other external (even if everything external is internal) is just what you (or I) deserve to attract based on our output. Does that mean the Jews deserved to get killed by the Nazis? Well, in a way yes. OMG!!! Does that mean if I get gangraped to death tomorrow, does that mean that I deserve that? Well of course. 100 %.

It's not what happens to me (you) that matters, but how I deal with it. Getting completely off track now...

I already covered this in my own post:

...how can you be ignorant [unaware] of something that does not exist...

I agree that the "fat cats" are slaves as well... that is why I wrote the macro/microcosm example.

There is no Wizard of OZ, just as you can see in the movie. It's all smoke and mirrors and in the end this life - this reality - and everything that is... is just I.

Doesn't make it anymore scary... but it is extremely liberating. At least to me.

It is a life changing revelation in conscious awareness.

To see that the Parasite is not there. Sure is! Because if everything is my fault, then who is responsible? Who has to change? Who has to evolve?

I do.

A lot harder than casting blame left and right. This is (can be) a life changing revelation in conscious awareness.

Andro
06-02-2016, 10:56 PM
I was expecting a reply to my post to point out the above sentence. Busted!

This alleged 'bust' may very well be a double-edged sword :)

Awani
06-02-2016, 10:59 PM
This alleged 'bust' may very well be a double-edged sword :)

How? How can it be better or worse for someone to know that there is no such thing as a flying tomato with the head of a snail and Julia Roberts legs? Or do you mean that it is better for them not to be aware that "they" are themselves their own parasite? No. That is not better. But the reason they are not aware is because they keep looking for that flying tomato creature...

But really it is not of my concern if people are aware or not aware. Only if I am. ;)

z0 K
06-02-2016, 11:35 PM
I was expecting a reply to my post to point out the above sentence. Busted! LOL! The Parasite is the I... that is the only villain. Any other external (even if everything external is internal) is just what you (or I) deserve to attract based on our output. Does that mean the Jews deserved to get killed by the Nazis? Well, in a way yes. OMG!!! Does that mean if I get gangraped to death tomorrow, does that mean that I deserve that? Well of course. 100 %.

It's not what happens to me (you) that matters, but how I deal with it. Getting completely off track now...

To see that the Parasite is not there. Sure is! Because if everything is my fault, then who is responsible? Who has to change? Who has to evolve?

I do.

A lot harder than casting blame left and right. This is (can be) a life changing revelation in conscious awareness.

I think you are on track. You are the Parasite, I am the Parasite. The Parasite loves "rants," gets off on them.:)

The Jews didn't deserve the mass systematic murdering. You don't deserve to get gang raped. The Parasite in us can control sensibilities when we become saturated with strong emotion. Thoughts of extreme pain and pleasure can take hold in an almost instinctual way though we see ourselves as intelligent and in control of our emotions.

Third Eye peripheral vision helps the mules to see the gray areas we hide from ourselves so our world view remains true to our expectations. We are all mules laboring for the Parasite.

zoas23
06-03-2016, 06:10 AM
Some classical Gnostic theories have an "evil" Demiurge + Archons controlling Mankind and mostly trying to enslave it (i.e, Sethian Gnosticism)

Some other classical Gnostic theories have an "ignorant" Demiurge (and not exactly "evil") who translates the One into what we perceive... and THEN man-created demons who are able to replace the Demiurge and become autonomous entities (i.e, most political ideologies fall into this category)... This is mostly Valentinean and post-Valentinean.

Of course, there are other models too (manicheism, etc).

Other than that, our memory is quite tricky and we often mix it with out fantasies and there's no need for a "Gnostic" explanation.

i.e, a joke within my family is the first vacations that my parents had together. My father told my mother that they were going to visit one of the biggest waterfalls of the world, as big as the Niagara Falls, and that he was almost a super-heroe because he was one of the few persons who could jump from the top of the fall and land on the water completely unharmed using special techniques. My mother was impressed.
But when they arrived to the HUGE falls... well, they were 1 meter high. It was just his memory remembering him as a super-heroe and doing something that made him look like an Olympic athlete.

Something similar happened to me when a friend from Paris visited me. I told her about a Castle that was bigger than any Castle she saw in France, bigger than Notre-Dame, bigger than any European Castle. We traveled to Uruguay to see it. When we arrived, this is what we saw:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/65/df/21/65df21ea4244d3547696ed895d6ca3f2.jpg

... not truly what I remembered. It was simply a tiny "castle"... it was obviously nothing when compared to the Notre-Dame Cathedral or any *average* European Castle. My mind played a trick on me and filled my memory with enthusiasm. It was funny.

As for the 2 Gnostic variations I know, I am often more inclined to the second one...
Though I think the "Mandela Effect" can be explained without using any Gnostic theory... And I am quite sure that the persons living in South Africa have less confusions about what happened to Mandela that someone living in, say, Argentina or Sweden.

(i.e, if I lived 5 blocks away from the "huge" Castle, I would have probably remembered it as it is).

Awani
06-03-2016, 08:52 AM
The Jews didn't deserve the mass systematic murdering. You don't deserve to get gang raped.

Do you think the Nazis would have been able to:

1. capture me
2. detain me
3. force me to work
4. gas me

...without me putting up a resistance (and possibly getting killed in the process - which is fine)... but I would NEVER allow myself to be compromised. That is what I mean. People allow themselves to be stepped on. I have family who died in those camps so it is not like I am not emotionally involved. I still think there is a difference between getting killed for resisting and just allowing yourself to be put to slaughter. Enough of Godwins law...

I have actually visually seen the Parasite. So I know who it is. Or in other words who it is not (and is), as it does not exist.

JinRaTensei
06-03-2016, 08:54 AM
How can it be better or worse for someone to know that there is no such thing as a flying tomato with the head of a snail and Julia Roberts legs?

Why should any outside source be more credible than another? I am bound to my perceive this life as myself. Therefor I can not say with certainty that the bible holds more validity than anything else besides myself...so I can choose.
Actually this is not just the most satisfying description of an other worldly antagonist I have came across but also the only way Julia Roberts will ever be able to cast a smile on my face ^^.

The matrix, imo, has a very Gnostic touch obviously. The red or the blue pill, blissful slavery or paralyzing reality. Humanity kept as organic batteries for the machine like parasite (as in no empathy). So I canīt help but wonder if the Waschowski brothers knew more than the public or if this is some sort of predictive programming to install in us all the notion that humanities enslavement is even bigger than this world or reality and thereby useless to be fought against.

My mind played a trick on me and filled my memory with enthusiasm. It was funny.

Did it? Until the point you revisited the castle your mind and your view of that particular aspect of reality was perfectly in harmony with yourself. How can you know that your mind played the trick and not reality itself and is there really a difference between the both of them?
One can logically assume that naturally it has to be ones own mind since the castle in this case will have also been experienced by other peoples and so it will be easy to deduce truth from fiction but going with the thread topic can you be certain this is not the "Mandela Effect"?
On the other hand the years,thoughts and emotions you spend and lived while under this illusion of this being a large castle are they automatically just a lie now as well? Why not? Same rules applied your life in those years integrated information which was not real and thereby aspects of your life should also be not real.But did you after finding out about the "truth" of the castle think even for a second that it was of any importance for the validity of your former and future life? I assume not.

And I am quite sure that the persons living in South Africa have less confusions about what happened to Mandela that someone living in, say, Argentina or Sweden.

And this is how I think this "Mandela Effect" takes place if it has any truth to it. It is not the distance or the frequency of interaction which holds a certain memory inside of us but the emotional attachment. And emotional attachment is not bound by a specific narrative. If a changed narrative can produce the same emotion than you yourself and the parasite are equally satisfied. Just as, imo, it was no coincidence that you lost this false narrative years later while visiting with your good friend. Because whatever emotional need, remembering a building more grand than it really is, fulfilled in your life this has been replaced by the experiences and paths you took in the years which followed and thereby the "power" of that emotion/ memory has been squeezed dry.No need to carry it with you any longer. So "reality" choose a scenario for you to let it go.

Awani
06-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Why should any outside source be more credible than another?

It isn't really. I just tried to exaggerate my point, which was that it doesn't matter since there is no external Parasite... no puppet master (in the conspiratorial sense) other than the I.

But this is only my opinion based on direct experience. Also this is why I find it more and more difficult to share opinions/perspectives and participate in debates (like I said elsewhere), because at a certain point we have to understand that we are playing different video games.

You can argue how Grand Theft Auto's cheat code works, and I can argue that you are utterly wrong... but I happen to play Minecraft. And we are both unaware this is going on [that we think we are talking about the same game, when in fact they are completely different].

Different video games, although possibly hosted on the same server.

The universe is an Arcade Hall.

Andro
06-03-2016, 09:39 AM
blissful slavery

The 'perfect' slave is the one who's convinced he's free.

the Wachowski brothers

They're the Wachowski sisters now.

a flying tomato with the head of a snail and Julia Roberts legsThis is a direct insult on my holy religion (http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/five-things-about-the-church-of-the-flying-spaghetti-monster)!

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_pictrure_780x520_/public/articles/2015/12/20/pasta2012_0.jpg?itok=K-Bvf-kP

But 'seriously'... My own 'core' philosophy has been undergoing significant 'renovations' over the last year or so.

And like any renovation, it can be a bit messy until all the leftovers/superfluities are cleaned off...

----------------------------------------------------------

JinRaTensei
06-03-2016, 09:57 AM
They're the Wachowski sisters now.

May not be politically correct but still made me grin XD. I assume most here can agree that there are better ways to live the androgynous aspects of their psyche than cutting of "undesired flesh" ^^

This is a direct insult on my holy religion!

Forgive my insolence of thy holy lord. All hail his name! XD

Different video games, although possibly hosted on the same server.

So basically the only thing humanity can vastly agree on is having nearly the same joysticks o0. And therefor most of our lives we spend arguing what a pretty gamepad/controller/joystick has to look like.And how much easier playing our games will be if we finally achieve this joystick.

Sometimes there are server updates, universal and big events, which affect all but still we never play the same game so what use is it to share and compete with another players high score.

Only those who play their specific game to the end will see the end credits and realize that it all has been a game and that god is just a sweaty, fat game developer o0

...still frustrating, donīt we all just wish to play one and the same multiplayer game together like Mario Party which would be heaven.

Andro
06-03-2016, 10:06 AM
So basically the only thing humanity can vastly agree on is having nearly the same joysticks. And therefor most of our lives we spend arguing what a pretty gamepad/controller/joystick has to look like. And how much easier playing our games will be if we finally achieve this joystick.
cutting of "undesired flesh"

You mean cutting the Joy-Stick? :)

In fact, VERY few actually go all the way and make the 'Final Cut'.

Forgive my insolence of thy holy lord. All hail his name!

You are forgiven, my child. 10 Bloody Marys and a bowl of Holy Pasta.

god is just a sweaty, fat game developer

And always hungry for one thing: MORE!

Awani
06-03-2016, 10:11 AM
I assume most here can agree that there are better ways to live the androgynous aspects of their psyche than cutting of "undesired flesh".

I don't. For some it is a choice between cutting the dick or the throat.

Although all this will be easier to remedy once we can live full time in VR (VR within VR).

...still frustrating, donīt we all just wish to play one and the same multiplayer game together like Mario Party which would be heaven.

IMO a shitty game... multiplayer Minecraft much better choice... ;)

JinRaTensei
06-03-2016, 10:22 AM
IMO a shitty game... multiplayer Minecraft much better choice...

I donīt like your game choice therefor Satan! ^^

zoas23
06-03-2016, 10:44 AM
You mean cutting the Joy-Stick? :)

In fact, VERY few actually go all the way and make the 'Final Cut'.

I love the system of Origen, very good with his metaphoric interpretations... I never got why he felt the need to make the final cut in such a literal way and cut his joystick to embrace God... My only complain against him.

z0 K
06-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Do you think the Nazis would have been able to:

1. capture me
2. detain me
3. force me to work
4. gas me

...without me putting up a resistance (and possibly getting killed in the process - which is fine)... but I would NEVER allow myself to be compromised. That is what I mean. People allow themselves to be stepped on. I have family who died in those camps so it is not like I am not emotionally involved. I still think there is a difference between getting killed for resisting and just allowing yourself to be put to slaughter. Enough of Godwins law...

I have actually visually seen the Parasite. So I know who it is. Or in other words who it is not (and is), as it does not exist.

I'm sorry for your personal loss of family to War. The only Jews the Nazis didn't capture were the ones that fled early.

Your 4 points are a typical response that helps us retain our delusion of personal power when faced with the reality of obscene incomprehensible brutality and death.

The Nazis would have been able to capture you if you stayed where you are believing in the absurdity of your nonexistent superiority. They would rob you of your delusional personal power. They would restrain you for your hubris. Screw you up the arse into utter humiliation. Then they would castrate you for the docility effect. And happily put you to work in a Farben factory.

You would unwillingly and forcibly participate in the Parasites' consummation of your Spirit as you are the other half of the sacrifical meal. You as the victim provide the pain and misery for the Nazis to relish in as the Parasite consumes the Nazi "priests" joy in the power over another and the victims Spirit, your Spirit, consumed in the wallow of misery.

The Lord of Light gives you the delusion of personal power and the Dark Lord takes it away when you are ripe. They are the two heads of the Parasite.

If you have seen the nonexistent Parasite, please describe what you saw.:D

Andro
06-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Dev said "he would never allow himself to be compromised", implying preferring getting killed for resisting.

Even so, the 'spirit-harvesting' doesn't end with the the physical plane, so killing oneself rather than be 'taken' is just a momentary patch in the 'bigger picture'. The 'food chain' operates on multiple levels.

If you have seen the nonexistent Parasite, please describe what you saw.:D

Indeed, please do...

Dwellings
06-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Dev said "he would never allow himself to be compromised", implying preferring getting killed for resisting.

Even so, the 'spirit-harvesting' doesn't end with the the physical plane, so killing oneself rather than be 'taken' is just a momentary patch in the 'bigger picture'. The 'food chain' operates on multiple levels.

Who are the harvesters?
Can you elaborate the boldened ones a bit more; for what purpose etc?

Andro
06-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Who are the harvesters?
Can you elaborate the boldened ones a bit more; for what purpose etc?

THIS (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3897-Tom-s-Big-TOE&p=38825#post38825) is as good a start as any... You can also look into Gnostic literature, Archons, etc...

Awani
06-03-2016, 09:46 PM
If you have seen the nonexistent Parasite, please describe what you saw. ;)

Andro: above quote was not by me... don't put words in my mouth. ;)

It was a very classical image of a Pan/Devil sitting inside my ear (inside the head), whispering commands to me. Although when I saw this I laughed at it because I decided to stop listening... and I laughed because it would waste its time whispering to a deaf ear.

Btw...

Para = means "beyond" or "better"
Site = place

Thought that was confusing.

Andro
06-03-2016, 09:55 PM

Sorry, was intended to be z0 K. My mistake.

Second try:

Indeed, please do :)

(unless you meant that that particular pan/devil apparition is/isn't THE PARASITE, in which case, question already answered...)

Awani
06-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Sorry... in which case, question already answered...)

No worries, just winding you up... and yes it was... at least a very short version...

z0 K
06-04-2016, 02:50 AM

It was a very classical image of a Pan/Devil sitting inside my ear (inside the head), whispering commands to me. Although when I saw this I laughed at it because I decided to stop listening... and I laughed because it would waste its time whispering to a deaf ear.

Btw...

Para = means "beyond" or "better"
Site = place

Thought that was confusing.

Keep up the good work.
The Devil is in the details.
It’s Pandemic and never what you think always what you feel.
Con-fused we are with the certainty of our thinking.

Aaron
06-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Haven't been here in a while. How is everyone? :)

According the mandela effect, I have an interesting story to share. I came across the mandela effect some time ago, so I already know the subject.

According to what I experienced, Muhammad ali should be dead (UPDATE: I looked him up to check if I spelled his name correct, and found out he died yesterday...second time for me). When I was younger (around 14 years ago), I watched a documentary about boxing and especially Muhammad Ali. My father entered the room and saw what I was watching. After some while he said. "Man this guy was a great boxer, he would've become a legend if he had lived longer." I then asked him how and when he died. My father told me, he received a hard blow against his head in a fight. And died a few days later in the hospital. The documentary confirmed this a few minutes later. I remember this so clearly, because until I heard how he died, I was sure I want to start a career in boxing. I already looked up where I could join a club, and I also owned boxing equipment I bought from taking a job mostly to pay for it. If I hadn't heard this story from my father, I would be boxing now. But this story made me too scared to do it. Well... I was a child back then.

When I heard he's still alive, it was around 2 to 3 years ago, I got the chills so badly. It freaked me out back then.

JinRaTensei
06-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Haven't been here in a while. How is everyone?

Naturally the only right thing to do is to speak for everyone, they are all doing just peachy thank you for asking XD.

According the mandela effect, I have an interesting story to share.

Very interesting, indeed. I would like to take this opportunity and venture deeper into your specific case if you donīt mind.
It would be awesome if you could do some follow research so we can try and work this subject in a somewhat scientific manner.

Have you asked your dad how his memory of this event is?

Can your dad remember talking to you if he can not remember Ali dying?

Does your dad have other thoughts/memory "filling the gap" of your conversation if he can not recall Ali dying.

Can you please, if possible, give a more accurate/ narrow time frame of when this conversation took place?

Just a few questions which come to my mind, I am sure you and other members could advance on this if desired. Thank you!

Aaron
06-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Have you asked your dad how his memory of this event is?

Can your dad remember talking to you if he can not remember Ali dying?

Does your dad have other thoughts/memory "filling the gap" of your conversation if he can not recall Ali dying.

Can you please, if possible, give a more accurate/ narrow time frame of when this conversation took place?

Just a few questions which come to my mind, I am sure you and other members could advance on this if desired. Thank you!

I indeed have asked my dad, but he can't remember ever having such a conversation with me. Neither did he think Muhammad Ali was dead when I asked him again. But he remembers my interest in boxing and just thought it simply faded away. (I had many interests which where all "short-living")

More accurate time-frame is hard, but I'll try.

I remember watching the documentary on either one of the two german TV channels "N24" or "N-TV". It must have been a saturday or sunday, since I usually watched documentarys on weekends morning. Sometimes until the early afternoon. On both of those channels there was one documentary after another on weekends. Well since my parents were still married, and I was living at home, it must have been before 2007. Since I was a teen, the only job I could do and did was delivering newspapers (more like commercial papers). I did this mostly saturdays (rarely sundays), therefore the day I saw the documentary was probably a sunday. I don't own the paychecks anymore, but I believe I was thirteen or fourteen, therefore it was around 2003/2004. It's hard to ge more accurate... Everything else would be speculation.

In the situation itself, I didn't think of it as "special" and therefore didn't remember every detail. The only thing I can recall a 100 %, is that the story of Ali made me reconsider my already wavering decision to join a boxing club. Especially because my mother was also worried and repeatedly told me how dangerous it is. The combination of my mothers continuous worries and the accident of Ali made it final. That's all that I can recall without guessing.

And that I was interested in boxing was well known by both of my parents. I was curious when I was very young, but back then my parents had financial problems and persuaded me into joining a Kung Fu club instead (since my father had connections there). And a few years later we moved and I had to quit. Then I grew a little older and with the chance to finance stuff myself my curiosity came back. Well.. just for a short time though.

JinRaTensei
06-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Thank you for sharing !

I indeed have asked my dad, but he can't remember ever having such a conversation with me.

it was around 2003/2004

From todayīs perspective it is almost impossible to tell if your dad had other memories replace the ones of this conversation or if he had no memories at all since both will be non-collectable by now if no emotion or feeling was attached.
But I think it is a save working hypothesis to suggest that the reason for you remembering it was your own emotional attachment.

Do you know the movie Dark City? Or another "Mandela Effect" -like concept. What if every single human would be living in a endless time-loop repeating this very day again and again. How could you know if everything you believe to have done/ known yesterday or in the past is just a fictive setting or not ? You could not.
How can you know that memories/events in your past have or have not been changed? Is there a way to access the memories/realities which have been changed?

If the current speculation(on Youtube) of a timeline merging due to CERNs Hadron Collider have any truth to them than it seems like different situations/people/objects have changed for different people. There even seems to be no time congruency of the merging since reports of changed events I came across range from 1999 to 2016.
If this "Mandela Effect" truly is the result of a single event in which shape ever than at least as of now we would know that time seems to be a non linear relative for every specific person in itself...or to be more exact it would mean that every person is time and his own dimension in itself.

But if this is the case, than what is really merging? Because it is not reality or a timeline.

Aaron
06-04-2016, 07:32 PM
But I think it is a save working hypothesis to suggest that the reason for you remembering it was your own emotional attachment.

That's what I think aswell.

You now the movie dark city?

No, but I'll take a look at it.

What if every single human would be living in a endless time-loop repeating this very day again and again.

I thought about this too, but it only works one way. I might not be able to be sure about yesterday, but I can see a difference in tomorrow. Meaning, since we write here, we will be able to see this thread tomorrow aswell. So even if everything before is just a fictive setting, the setting of tomorrow is written by us (aswell).

since reports of changed events I came across range from 1999 to 2016.

That's interesting, I'll keep an eye open on it. But the reason for it can be the use of the internet. Maybe people before experienced it aswell, but since they haven't had the easy access to informaton they didn't see something changed. Or they couldn't share it worldwide, and therefore, the stories simply didn't live on over time.

Anyways interesting subject, I am curious about the input of others.

JinRaTensei
06-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Anyways interesting subject, I am curious about the input of others

Agree!

I thought about this too, but it only works one way. I might not be able to be sure about yesterday, but I can see a difference in tomorrow. Meaning, since we write here, we will be able to see this thread tomorrow aswell.

But would you? If this truly is some kind of time-loop than how do you know that what we are writing here and now has not been done so by us yesterday?

Imo, it goes both ways because if you do not know what you did yesterday you can never be sure that tomorrow is not just a repetition of today.

And all memory of times before could be an mental implant nothing more than a "game disk" being inserted into our hard drive by some higher dimensional being...

But this is a discussion one neither can win nor loose, a endless time-loop in itself.^^

Archangel
06-15-2016, 01:12 AM
What are people's thoughts on this? Deception? Mind Control? Real? Are the Bibles changing? Has the KJV Bible Acts 12:4 always contained the term "Easter" in the verse? Or did it say "Passover" originally? Steve Quayle on Hagman show tonight says it's not true, it's MK ultra stuff, corrupting collective memories and such. Some people I know swear it's real. Some have had quite bizarre experiences. A very good friend of mine, the late Sue Bradley; had told me once that some documents she had had "morphed" into different word and letters. She was working on some very controversial subjects and had many threats on her life. I am of the opinion her illness was not a natural occurrence, but I digress. Thoughts on this Mandela Effect? I can attest that the clock on the wall by my desk at my job stopped working normally. The hands were moving backwards when I looked at it. This happened more than once. I just replaced the battery. Maybe a loose connection somewhere...? I suppose that leaves me open to some joking remarks. That's alright. We're all friends here :) One individual from Australia claims his ex told him they didn't have any children when he clearly recalls having three. He also claims his toilet moved from the bathroom to the laundry room. I don't know about all of that!!! An interesting topic for sure.

Andro
06-15-2016, 04:02 AM
I suppose that leaves me open to some joking remarks. That's alright.

What you said above is called predictive programming, and here's the outcome :) :

Are the Bibles changing?

Everyone reads the same bible, but they all sound like they're reading different ones.

some documents she had had "morphed" into different word and letters.

Dyslexia perhaps? It's quite common, actually, although it seemingly got worse since they invented smartphones.
Words and letters also seem to morph when people write without paragraphs. It's all just one big blur :)

I can attest that the clock on the wall by my desk at my job stopped working normally. The hands were moving backwards when I looked at it.

There is no clock. It's only you who's moving.

One individual from Australia claims his ex told him they didn't have any children when he clearly recalls having three.

They're from another woman.

He also claims his toilet moved from the bathroom to the laundry room.

I've been to Australia. The laundry room was also the bathroom, where the toilet is.

We're all friends here :)

Some of us are.

Deception? Mind Control?

It's ALL virtual reality mindfuck, my dear. Even when it DOES make sense. None of it really surprises me anymore.

All in good spirits!

----------------------------------------------------

zoas23
06-15-2016, 09:38 AM
This thread made me remember of one of the most amazing films ever created about how we perceive the world (no, it's not the Matrix).

"Last Year at Marienbad (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Year_at_Marienbad)" by Resnais.

The plot is incredibly simple and incredibly twisted. It's somehow a love story.

A man and a woman meet at a Castle in Marienbad (Czech Republic). He is very happy to see her because, according to him, they had a love affair exactly a year ago and decided to meet again after a year (he's is going to a "date").

However... she does not remember him, she insists that it's the first time she visits that Castle or even the city of Marienbad and that she doesn't know him at all.

So he gets obsessed in demonstrating to her that they were lovers there, in the Castle of Marienbad, exactly a year ago after this second (or first?) meeting.

The film, Resnais is a damn genius, manages to "freeze time" and makes her try to avoid him, whilst he insists on taking her to all the places of the Castle in which something romantic happened between them a year ago. The film doesn't suggest that the man or the woman is telling a lie, they simply have an absolutely different memory of what happened a year ago... and it creates very intense loops in which it's impossible to discern if they knew each other a year ago or not. As it it was a recurring dream in which "reality" can't go on until they define what happened a year ago, but of course they never agree and their versions never match.

__________________________________________________ ______

A very interesting experiment: I think it works better if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend... but if you don't, then you can do it with a close friend (one of your closest friends).
Ask this person to tell you all the details of the first time you both meet each other. You will probably notice that a lot of details do not match at all what you remember.

Andro
06-15-2016, 07:48 PM
"Last Year at Marienbad (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Year_at_Marienbad)" by Resnais.

If I'm right and this is the movie I'm thinking of, then I've been trying to locate it (its title) for more than 10 years!

I'll check now if this is the one...

Edit: No, it's not the one I was looking for... But it sounds very similar... romance reality loop, etc... The one I'm looking for involves some broken glasses at their meeting(s) at the vacation chalet, before he closes the door on her and vanishes... and a VW beetle... maybe you know it...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Archangel
06-16-2016, 01:37 AM
Most people I have discussed this with feel there are changes in the Bible. One passage comes to mind in Acts 12:4. Many feel the word Easter replaced Passover, particularly in the KJV. I honestly cannot remember if Easter was always the word or not. I would lean towards not...as Easter would not have been the term used for that time of year in the first century, at least I don't think so. Also, why would the translators insert a "pagan" holiday term into the Scriptures? Who knows?

zoas23
06-16-2016, 03:55 AM
If I'm right and this is the movie I'm thinking of, then I've been trying to locate it (its title) for more than 10 years!

I'll check now if this is the one...

Edit: No, it's not the one I was looking for... But it sounds very similar... romance reality loop, etc... The one I'm looking for involves some broken glasses at their meeting(s) at the vacation chalet, before he closes the door on her and vanishes... and a VW beetle... maybe you know it...

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is the one you are looking for:

http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum/threads/the-lorelei-terry-johnson-1990.16367/

Most people I have discussed this with feel there are changes in the Bible. One passage comes to mind in Acts 12:4. Many feel the word Easter replaced Passover, particularly in the KJV. I honestly cannot remember if Easter was always the word or not. I would lean towards not...as Easter would not have been the term used for that time of year in the first century, at least I don't think so. Also, why would the translators insert a "pagan" holiday term into the Scriptures? Who knows?

That's (probably) not exactly a "Mandela Effect"... but you are right.
The KJV of 1611 uses the word "Easter"... the NKJV of 1975 uses "Passover".

Remember that the KJV is simply a translation and it's actually a very bad translation with a lot of problems that inherited from the vulgate, which was used as a reference, even if the Greek text was used too. (the "Easter" problem is not present in the vulgate, which simply transliterated the greek word into Latin as "pascha"... which was already a transliteration from the hebrew "pesach" [P S Ch]).

So the word actually changed.

Andro
06-16-2016, 05:42 AM
I think this is the one you are looking for:

http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum/threads/the-lorelei-terry-johnson-1990.16367/

YES! That's the one! Thank you!

A very 'reality loop/mindfuck' type of movie... 'The Lorelei Effect' :)

I can't find a download of it anywhere...

zoas23
06-16-2016, 06:02 AM
YES! That's the one! Thank you!

A very 'reality loop/mindfuck' type of movie... 'The Lorelei Effect' :)

I can't find a download of it anywhere...

Gonna help you with that during the weekend... A person who is very close to me (a.k.a. my girlfriend) is into a lot of ultra-secret forums dedicated to sharing movies which are kept even more secret than the Philosopher's Stone itself... where she finds all the *impossible to find* movies. So I'll ask her to find it... if it exists somewhere on the internet, she will find it for sure (it's her secret skill).

The first time I saw her, she was wearing a beautiful witch hat and playing the sax (in an artistic performance)... I can perfectly describe the hat. She says that she never wore a hat like that in her whole life and that she wouldn't have wore one even if she had one (and she doesn't have one).

Awani
07-24-2016, 04:08 AM
Some of my friends on FB are having a mental breakdown concerning C3PO and his silver leg in the original Star Wars movies. According to them he never had a silver leg, but apparently now he does. I personally never thought about it other than the fact that I always remembered him to be all gold.

zoas23
07-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Some of my friends on FB are having a mental breakdown concerning C3PO and his silver leg in the original Star Wars movies. According to them he never had a silver leg, but apparently now he does. I personally never thought about it other than the fact that I always remembered him to be all gold.

I used to like Star Wars a lot and we have more or less the same age... and I assume your friends have more or less our same age too.

I think I can explain this one!

When Star Wars was released in 1977, George Lucas negotiated with the Film Company that he was going to retain the copyright of the merchandise of the film (and almost the whole of its profits). He acted wisely because the film was a success, but the revenues of the merchandise was even bigger, specially the Action Figures... and he created a parallel "industry" to the movie, which was based on selling toys.

I have just used google and with several searches of the original Action Figures of c3pO released in the 70's and early 80's.... and in most cases, the Action Figure of C3P0 was released as "all gold" without a silver leg.

Some examples of different versions of the official action figures of that time:
https://s32.postimg.org/z5f01dt39/2d3ee89f79d13e2559825598d1afa7b0.jpg https://s32.postimg.org/ged2r7yit/img_6175.jpg https://s32.postimg.org/j9q5y32it/See_Threepio_C_3_PO_44a.jpg https://s32.postimg.org/u4y0aatet/c06_l.jpg

I didn't know that C3PO had a silver leg... BUT I had a "big version" of a C3P0 action figure (I still have it, though I recently gave it to my niece as a gift) and his two legs are golden.

Why they made the toys with 2 golden legs? I have no idea, maybe because it was easier or because it looked more attractive... but I'd say that for the people of our generation the toys were more relevant than the movie (maybe we watched the movie from 1 to 3 times... but had the toys with us every day... or had a friend who had the C3P0 toy).

My guess is that if George Lucas had decided to release all the Action Figures of C3P0 with an antenna in its forehead, then we would remember that C3P0 had an antenna in his forehead.

I remember a conversation with you about how the ancient Greek statues were painted and also about Plato's cave and VR... it's interesting how the TOUCHABLE objects we see are more important in the reconstruction that our memory does than the Virtual Images (a movie, VR... or even a description in a book).

Andro
07-24-2016, 08:04 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/12/15/anthony-daniels-c3po-star-wars/77341766/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/12/15/anthony-daniels-c3po-star-wars/77341766/)

Awani
08-04-2016, 10:11 AM
There is another now about the Queen song "We are the champions" that everyone thinks ends with the phrase "...of the world". But it does not!

Although it DOES end like this in the famous live version.

So I call BULLSHIT on the Mandela Effect. I just think it stems from confusion. I would not put much weight to it. ;)

Andro
08-04-2016, 11:33 AM
I've liked Queen since age 16. "We Are The Champions" ALWAYS ended with "We are the champions" on the album version (I had ALL Queen albums on Vinyl).

But these are anecdotal and (if you ask me) rather lame arguments for proving or disproving shifts in reality perception. Such shifts happen ALL the time, but we (mostly) never notice them, because once such a shift occurs, it comes with its own correspondingly adjusted history, so it appears like it's ALWAYS been like this.

To actually be aware of such a reality shift, one would have to be consciously aware of both timelines, the 'previous' one and the 'new' one, as being equally valid. Also, such shifts can occur on an individual level or on a more massive scale, depending on the nature of the shift.

There are various 'tricks' and 'hacks' to 'jump' between realities on an individual level, but I won't go into details here...

Also, something such reality shifts may have in common is a coupled pair of events that might be considered traumatic (big heartbreak, loss, etc...), encapsulating the transition/cross-fade period on both ends. Such a a transition/cross-fade period can last from seconds to years.

Awani
08-04-2016, 11:47 AM
Such shifts happen ALL the time, but we (mostly) never notice them, because once such a shift occurs, it comes with its own correspondingly adjusted history, so it appears like it's ALWAYS been like this.

I agree with this. But the Mandela Effect groups I think are similar to Flat Earth groups... lost in their own delusion/simplification.

But perhaps so are we. ;)

ArcherSage
10-30-2016, 03:57 AM
The star wars ones got me the most I think, as well as Chick-Fil-A always being spelled Chic, without the K.

Awani
10-30-2016, 04:04 AM
What are your thoughts on the mandela effect?

Thread merged with old Mandela Effect thread... so you've got 50 posts so far to see these "thoughts". ;)

Search forum before you create thread... more often than not there already is one (we've been going for almost 10 years).

ArcherSage
10-30-2016, 04:24 AM
Sorry I was in looking in the wrong area.

Awani
10-30-2016, 07:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3CybXl8rs

ArcherSage
10-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Being a southerner, the miss spelling of Chic-Fil-a is especially disturbing. Because I have memories of conversations I had with my parents about how weird it was that "CHIC" did not have a K in it, but has always had one? Bullcrap.