PDA

View Full Version : My apologies

elixirmixer
06-12-2016, 04:55 AM
I just wanted to apologize to anyone who isn't fond I've my very up front, Aussie attitude. Obviously many of us are very passionate about our art and I for one can get a little crude, blunt and abnoxious when I'm too excited.

I do use this place as a way to both learn and have fun so if your a chemistry lecture, and I've taken a shit in your box, please forgive me.

Perhaps it will encourage you to take a walk outside the box and get some fresh air.

I open this thread to any others who have apologies to write... not to me particulaly but from some of the things I've read, there's probably more than a few apologies owed.

I'm sorry.

Andro
06-12-2016, 06:27 AM
I think the best way to 'apologize' is simply not to do it again.

Otherwise, apologies give us subconscious 'permission' to repeat what we've been 'apologizing' for.

It's also a practice used in religions (confession, etc), so we can 'unburden' ourselves, get the feel-good sensation of a 'clean slate', so we can go ahead and do it all over again.

Awani
06-12-2016, 09:10 AM
I just wanted to apologize to anyone who isn't fond I've my very up front, Aussie attitude. Obviously many of us are very passionate about our art and I for one can get a little crude, blunt and abnoxious when I'm too excited.

I do use this place as a way to both learn and have fun so if your a chemistry lecture, and I've taken a shit in your box, please forgive me.

Perhaps it will encourage you to take a walk outside the box and get some fresh air.

I open this thread to any others who have apologies to write... not to me particulaly but from some of the things I've read, there's probably more than a few apologies owed.

I'm sorry.

An Aussie? Is not English your native language then? Sorry to be so blunt about it, but the mistakes above are obviously errors done due to sloppiness of some sort... and not ignorance. The latter could be excused. It's not only about the people making the posts, it is equally about the people reading them. Please make an effort.

:cool:

JinRaTensei
06-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Obviously many of us are very passionate about our art and I for one can get a little crude, blunt and abnoxious when I'm too excited.

Same here, to much unbalanced "fire" in my personality/soul. So for me, and maybe also for you, a good approach would be to do some balancing with "water" as in calm your emotions,feelings and heart.
I found it to be very useful to just simply take a long and deep breath before I do/say anything aggressive or "fiery" . Easier said than done because we sometimes act subconscious or "mechanically".
I have found that the way "out of" these unwanted reactions is the same way for starting the "great work" seriously. (One way of many I suppose)

We all have been given our unique circumstances because we all have unique paths and desires. So in my opinion there is no avoiding to balance if one wants to achieve self mastery. Which means there is no way, I know personally, for a "fiery" attitude to avoid focusing on "water" aspects in the beginning.

"Listen" to the feminine, experience things in this world which have a giving nature (love, plants, taking in energy of any kind) in contrast to the things of a taking nature(speech, anger, physiological movement).

In short the difference between introversion(water) and extroversion(fire)

Michael Sternbach
06-12-2016, 12:40 PM
I just wanted to apologize to anyone who isn't fond I've my very up front, Aussie attitude.

Aren't you insulting all Aussies now? Even though thinking of the Aussies I know, there may be a some truth in your statement.

I guess I shouldn't have said all that. I shouldn't written this post in the first place.

Everybody I insulted by doing so: I'M SORRY!!! :p

elixirmixer
06-12-2016, 01:29 PM
I've explained the poor grammer a few times. I'm ordering my new computer build tomorrow. I put in a lot of effort to keep the errors to a minimum, and seeing how many there still are, should highlight the difficulty I face when posting.

Obviously your not an Aussie, so as an Aussie, I feel I have more rights to be racist to any degree I choose towards my own people, more than you have the right to complain how I treat other Aussies. I have more than enough reasons to be very disappointed in both my government and my people. Which I did not. express, just said we were straight forward.

I started this thread as an outlet for self analysis, which one person picked up on.

It's hard to grow, when your focused on the short comings of others. I'm sorry for apologizing? Lol.

I appreciate mods rebuking me and reminding me of rules and regs, since I am new and learning, actually never been a forum member anywhere before this.. but I find it dis-tasteful and unwise for any other member to make comments in regards to someone's behaviour. This is an alchemy forum, not Dr. Phil, nor Jerry Springer.

Spiritual alchemy consists of the black phase, destruction of ego. Some see that as "letting go", some others (like myself) see it as deep self analysis and regret for prideful mistakes and confession of stupidities.

Michael Sternbach
06-12-2016, 03:16 PM
There is a difference between introspection and self-analysis on the one hand, and a call for guilt and public self-depreciation on the other. While the former has its place here, the latter brings to mind medieval monks chastizing themselves by a whip. Well, to each their own.

Regarding your reply to me: Alas, being overly fault finding not just regarding themselves but also others is characteristic for somebody of your mind set. It is from a belief in sin and redemption etc that the church prosecuted witches, alchemists, and Hermeticists in general, sometimes "purging" them at the stake, and so fourth.

But most of all, I notice a severe lack of humour in your reaction to my post.

Whatever you do, please DON'T apologize to me. It's already there in your OP free for the taking. However, I suggest you ponder on my words (unlikely as that seems to be).

Oh, and lest I forget, for my offending you, I'M SO SORRY!!!

elixirmixer
06-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Lol, I always find the humor in this forum. And you did just make me laugh.

The chastising monk walks a path of faith in hopes of his believed due reward.

The drunkard his liquor,
The fool his slander,
The wise man his many vain words.

The church's are there to deceive you. But not into thinking there is a God. They deceive you into thinking you have reason to believe that there is no God.

God lives. Even Jesus Christ. I don't believe in Him. I know Him quite personally. He doesn't carry a smart phone or use social media, and public forum's are not His favourite way to have a conversation either. But to those who are willing to repent, as painful as it can sometimes be, He is there to SPEAK with them. Don't confuse the churches with God. God wouldn't be seen dead near 99% of them.

But don't take my word for it... ask Him yourself.
However, if this forum is somewhat secretive, elusive, cautious and hesitant to share freely it's information and secrets, how much more the master of secrets?

Yet these members share openly with friends.

How much more, the Master of friendship?

If you have forsaken thought of repentance because you see hypocrites in the world, how small a will, how blind the eye, for you thought God would be in a dead place, built by the hands of men. God is everywhere but there.

And all words, humorous or not, will be weighed, measured and returned. Not by mods. Not by a council or a jury. By the very Man by whom the gift of words was given.

If you have not found repentance, you have not found introspection. Your just looking in the mirror admiring yourself.

Funny isn't it.

elixirmixer
06-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Humility is not public depreciation. Ignorance is. Yet while ignorance is the majority, all good things will be scorned. Look at Nav and L.R. both gave you the keys and yet so many are still here searching, while Nav and LR no doubt moved on to greater things.

elixirmixer
06-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Both, being friends with the Master of all we seek. The Chief corner Stone. Whom calcines the earth and takes His Salt. Whom performs the marriage with pure spirit and gains 'the glory of the whole universe'

elixirmixer
06-12-2016, 04:02 PM
What do ya reacon? Pretty poetic ey! Not bad for an Ozzie!!

Michael Sternbach
06-12-2016, 04:44 PM
A little too retro for my taste, but yeah, not bad. Somewhat reminiscent of Georg von Welling's Opus mago-cabbalisticum et theologicum.

Awani
06-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Look at Nav and L.R. both gave you the keys and yet so many are still here searching, while Nav and LR no doubt moved on to greater things.

My personal opinion is that L.R. didn't give us shit... and that all he proved (to me) is that even an alchemist can be a condescending asshole.

However, if this forum is somewhat secretive, elusive, cautious and hesitant to share freely it's information and secrets, how much more the master of secrets?

I find this concept ridiculous. Alchemy (especially practical alchemy) and its so-called students have - a lot of the time (not always) - this need for masters and secrets... and keys... and hush hush... and really I think it is all kids stuff. Harry Potter shit. LOL.

But that is just how I feel about it. Play on...

elixirmixer
06-12-2016, 05:36 PM
I really do enjoy this place :D your a funny man dev. For me personally LR just helped me come full circle. His method might have been weird and shit but I started at urine, then went crawling through filthy mines so to speak, and now I'm back where I started but with half an idea of what I'm actually suppose to be doing.

I think the secrecy thing is childish aswell. "Hey, I found a medicine that can help everyone... now I'm going to hide it and watch you all squirm!! " lol

Although, I did read a very detailed account of the gw method, that from start to finish explained the Work. And although I was so grateful to find it, something did feel pretty "wrong " about it being so public... not sure what made me feel like that, I didn't think I would... but it deffinatly felt wrong for some reason...

elixirmixer
06-12-2016, 05:44 PM
I'm really looking forward to reading the 'Christian Alchemy' thread, but I'm so exited that I'm worried it will be shit and that I'll get dissapointed.

Just give it to me straight doctor? How's it look?

Awani
06-12-2016, 05:44 PM
For me personally LR just helped me come full circle.

Well sure. Whatever works, works.

"Behind the veil of all the hieratic and mystical allegories of ancient doctrines, behind the darkness and strange ordeals of all initiations, under the seal of all sacred writings, in the ruins of Nineveh or Thebes, on the crumbling stones of old temples and on the blackened visage of the Assyrian or Egyptian sphinx, in the monstrous or marvelous paintings which interpret to the faithful of India the inspired pages of the Vedas, in the cryptic emblems of our old books on alchemy, in the ceremonies practised at reception by all secret societies, there are found indications of a doctrine which is everywhere the same and everywhere carefully concealed." - from Transcendental Magic: Its Doctrine and Ritual by Eliphas Levi