PDA

View Full Version : Full Moon Lunacy

Awani
06-20-2016, 11:03 PM
Ever since I can remember a day or two before, and on the actual full moon (not so much days after) I always suffer heavily from:

- insomnia
- sexual energy
- increase in bad decisions (stupid bets, binge eating of naughty foods, increase of spontaneity... basically being "bad)

I never notice the full moon in advance. I always go: "why the fuck are all these things happening", and THEN I look up in the sky... and see the moon... "ah that's why..."

Every fucking time, 12 times a year...

Does anyone have some sort of idea for herbal medicine (or other things) that can decrease the intense "suffering" I have to endure once a month? *

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/scary-moon_zps2qjoh3j0.jpg

* not much of an illness compared to what some others suffer from, still it would be nice to get rid of it (or at the least lessen its effects)...

:cool:

Kiorionis
06-21-2016, 01:34 AM
The full moon is the climax to the build-up of subconscious energy. Maybe set a few days aside -- when you obviously know what and when this is going to happen -- and meditate or fast or something? It might be a good opportunity to set up a ceremony without medicine plants.

Or, just take some sedative herbs for 3 or 4 days and numb yourself silly and lay around drooling haha
:)

Andro
06-21-2016, 04:30 AM
Just having your 'period', that's all. Men get 'it' too, but more in a way/sense that's comparable to what Mr. K mentioned above.

If you get more in touch with your 'feminine' side, it can really help. Bottled-up stuff requires periodical release.

--------------------------------------------------------

Awani
06-21-2016, 07:12 AM
Those herbs do not help. They just increase the debauchery.

JinRaTensei
06-21-2016, 06:43 PM
I have no solution I could suggest of any way but just a question.
Have you considered "using" that turbulent energy rather than "fixing" it? I assume with family life and a job to attend to in the morning insomnia is anything but fun and I assume you canīt just be up all night as you please but isnīt it a rather "golden opportunity" which presents itself to you each month?
If you would consider working with this energy in some kind of ritual/meditation/spell would you not be able to come up with dozens of different "experiments" just from the top of your head?
I do not know many( if at all) people who are so in tune and touch with nature and the energy in themselves that they could even if they wanted have these "problems".
But just a thought you probably already have considered. ^^

Awani
06-22-2016, 12:31 AM
And my fuse is shorter during the full moon as well. It took me many years to notice this pattern. I don't know if having noticed a pattern I subconsciously create a pattern. Now thinking about it perhaps the sollution is to always know in advance when the full moon is coming. I think the problem is it catches me by surprise. LOL.

Awani
06-22-2016, 12:34 AM
It might be a good opportunity to set up a ceremony without medicine plants.

A full moon is the best time to take them. But I can't take them every full moon. That would be too much living in society. I don't want to go fully rogue just yet.

ExtraEgo
06-22-2016, 01:44 AM
A full moon is the best time to take them. But I can't take them every full moon. That would be too much living in society. I don't want to go fully rogue just yet.

I couldn't agree more. I have an experience I want to share with you regarding this particular full moon but I should probably do so in a new thread.

Now when I think of it we are 57-65% water. Guess what effects water. A lot. ;)

Regards,
ExtraEgo

Awani
07-22-2016, 09:24 PM
Yes I know about the water thing... just suffered through yet another full moon. For some reason, in the last year or so, they have become very disruptive. It's hard to explain, but I feel drugged almost during the days before - during - and after... the major issue is the insomnia and the increase in lack of concentration. Allergorically I am a werewolf in this sense. Not sure what I should do.

Also because I know a full moon is coming (or sense it) I could easily project all this stuff on myself. It's like feeling panic and trying not to panic, which is almost impossible.

If you get more in touch with your 'feminine' side, it can really help.

It doesn't really. I'm in good contact with both "sides". I'm not sure how to proceed, but posting this thread will probably do good. Usually when I state things publically for the universe to read, it comes back to me in some way.

I think I need to be on vacation during the full moon week. I think that could work. It is very probable that the schedule of society is the major disturbing factor of my full moon connection. For instance insomnia is very bad if you have to wake up and go to work.

ExtraEgo
10-18-2016, 08:22 PM
Sorry for the late answer, I hope your lycanthropy wasn't giving you much trouble. :)

Since I love herbs,as I'm aspiring to be quite a herbalist, I can suggest a couple that might help when made into tea:

Herb - dosage - preparation
Lavender - 2-3 teasp of flowers/cup - pour almost boiling water over the flowers, leave 10 min
Wild Thyme(Thymus serpyllum) - 1 tablesp of herbae/cup - pour boiling water over the herbae, leave shut for 30 min
Lemon Balm(Melissa officinalis) - 1 teasp of herbae/cup - pour boiling water over the herbae, leave for 5-8 min, the longer you leave - the stronger the taste. Do not drink Melissa for more than 4-6 weeks constantly(every day). I think Melissa would be your best bet since ladies here use it to ease their period pains ;) you may even boil 10 tablesp of Melissa in 1l of water, leave for 10 min, add this to your bath water and spend 20-30 min in that bath.
Primrose(Primula vulgaris) - 2 teasp of radix(root)/cup - put radix into cold water and heat until boiling point, leave 10 min, drink 3 times a day
Hops(Humulus lupulus) and Valerian (take care, this one will sedate you good :D ) - mix equally, say 50 grams of each - pour 2 cups of almost boiling water over 3 tablesp of this mix and leave for 2 hours, drink before bedtime

When I have insomnia I usually just mix Lavender, Melissa, Primrose and peppermint with dosages halved, its really a knocker. You may experiment and see what mix works for you.

Love,
ExtraEgo

Awani
10-20-2016, 12:52 AM
Thanks. :)

ArcherSage
10-27-2016, 05:15 PM
One who is ruled by the night and lives mostly under the light of the moon, is called a Luna-tic, we all know about the effects the moon has on spiritual energy even if you aren't into this type of stuff.

Ghislain
10-28-2016, 10:22 AM
I'm the opposite...I always feel good around the time of a full moon...or maybe it's that I am not caring about things that much ;)

Ghislain

ArcherSage
10-28-2016, 01:44 PM
Scientifically, melatonin is only produced when the body is exposed to sunlight. If you sleep during the day and are awake at night you will in-fact lack melatonin in the pineal gland. Having a healthy sleep cycle is vital to your brains health. Of course some people do not have a choice but the human has adapted to waking up with the rising of the sun, and going to sleep when the sun goes down.