PDA

View Full Version : Basic plant kingdom stone

Axismundi000
06-25-2016, 12:02 PM
This is from left over lemon balm salts of last summer, they were melted/fused in the kiln and then leached repeatedly until clean. I put it in the incubator and kept it in darkness. Firstly it was imbibed with Mercury/alcohol 24 times, then it stopped absorbing the alcohol. Then lemon balm essential oil was imbibed 14 times. The salts were imbibed about once every 8 days. The overall process took 11 months. The salts absorbed about 2.5 times by volume of Alcohol and about 3 ml of essential oil gradually over that time. It has now stopped absorbing either. I started with no more then 10 ml of salts. Obviously there is not enough material here to multiply this plant kingdom stone. I would like to test to see if this extracts so at some point I will ferment a herb to start a long path basic Spagyric. After the fermentation finishes I am thinking to add this to the mixture to see if it extracts. This should not be soap because of the alcohol added to the salts first, we shall see if it is a truly a first order stone sometime this summer/Autumn. If it is merely soap it will of course simply dissolve.

Here it is after the Mercury/alcohol imbibe was finished
http://i66.tinypic.com/14jn9sh.jpg

These are when it will no longer imbibe essential oil.

http://i64.tinypic.com/23uouaf.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2lbne5e.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/f2os4k.jpg

When I look at these on my iPad they are correctly oriented but if they appear upside down my apologies.

z0 K
06-25-2016, 02:33 PM
This is from left over lemon balm salts of last summer, they were melted/fused in the kiln and then leached repeatedly until clean. I put it in the incubator and kept it in darkness. Firstly it was imbibed with Mercury/alcohol 24 times, then it stopped absorbing the alcohol. Then lemon balm essential oil was imbibed 14 times. The salts were imbibed about once every 8 days. The overall process took 11 months. The salts absorbed about 2.5 times by volume of Alcohol and about 3 ml of essential oil gradually over that time. It has now stopped absorbing either. I started with no more then 10 ml of salts. Obviously there is not enough material here to multiply this plant kingdom stone. I would like to test to see if this extracts so at some point I will ferment a herb to start a long path basic Spagyric. After the fermentation finishes I am thinking to add this to the mixture to see if it extracts. This should not be soap because of the alcohol added to the salts first, we shall see if it is a truly a first order stone sometime this summer/Autumn. If it is merely soap it will of course simply dissolve.

Here it is after the Mercury/alcohol imbibe was finished

These are when it will no longer imbibe essential oil.

When I look at these on my iPad they are correctly oriented but if they appear upside down my apologies.

Thanks for sharing your work and the photos. They are upside down on my view:-) Your stone looks similar to a couple I've seen posted elsewhere on the net. What process are you following?

Axismundi000
06-25-2016, 03:07 PM
Sorry they are upside down they are correctly oriented when I post them so I am unable to say if they orient different for other devices, I use an iPad for this.

The procedure: This was from leftovers of a basic Spagyric so it was some salts that I did not use.

Here is the method for the basic Spagyric that gave me tha leftover salt.
Macerate herb in 50% alcohol (hone brewed wine distilled once)
Separate plant matter Calcinated and leach until salts white
Distill alcohol off liquid distil this 7 times, milky residue used to leach sulphur
-sulphur is the liquid the alcohol was separated from, this Evaporated to a gum and calcinated, then leach with milky alcohol residue and distilled water. This calcination very gentle and brief Done several times to keep the salts 'oily'.
This all added together and incubated salt, oily salt and alcohol ratio 1:1:10

(I just remembered I posted the basic Spagyric method here last year:
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4333-Basic-Spagyric-Elixir-Albertus-approach

This left over some of the salt from the plant matter calcination, which I fused at 1000 centigrade in the kiln. So a much higher temperature then I used when I made the Spagyric elixir for this part. Once I leached them again I used them as a test procedure and imbibed them with Alcohol left from the previous work and after that some steam extracted lemon balm essential oil. The plant I used to start with was lemon balm.

I had not planned to do any plant kingdom stone it was simply that I had some salts left so it was worth doing a test run.

z0 K
06-25-2016, 05:37 PM
Sorry they are upside down they are correctly oriented when I post them so I am unable to say if they orient different for other devices, I use an iPad for this.

The procedure: This was from leftovers of a basic Spagyric so it was some salts that I did not use.

Here is the method for the basic Spagyric that gave me tha leftover salt.
Macerate herb in 50% alcohol (hone brewed wine distilled once)
Separate plant matter Calcinated and leach until salts white
Distill alcohol off liquid distil this 7 times, milky residue used to leach sulphur
-sulphur is the liquid the alcohol was separated from, this Evaporated to a gum and calcinated, then leach with milky alcohol residue and distilled water. This calcination very gentle and brief Done several times to keep the salts 'oily'.
This all added together and incubated salt, oily salt and alcohol ratio 1:1:10

(I just remembered I posted the basic Spagyric method here last year:
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4333-Basic-Spagyric-Elixir-Albertus-approach

This left over some of the salt from the plant matter calcination, which I fused at 1000 centigrade in the kiln. So a much higher temperature then I used when I made the Spagyric elixir for this part. Once I leached them again I used them as a test procedure and imbibed them with Alcohol left from the previous work and after that some steam extracted lemon balm essential oil. The plant I used to start with was lemon balm.

I had not planned to do any plant kingdom stone it was simply that I had some salts left so it was worth doing a test run.

That process kind of reminds me of John Reid IIIís work. Iím assuming the milky residue is the watery phelgm and the sulphur is the gum extract left after the water is distilled from it. The plant matter and the gum are calcined in the open air. The results typically look similar to what you have in the photos.
Alchemical plant stones are not made that way. As you said, that is a spagyric stone process you are following. Iíve made those myself in the past. Those components that you burn up in the open air calcination lose elements essential to alchemical stone production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KQwQyY8y8o&feature=youtu.be

Axismundi000
06-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Excellent YouTube post. It seemed to me to be in a the direction of hollandus opera vegetabilia. Yes I think what I have made is a basic Spagyric plant stone not an Alchemically produced stone. I appreciate your comments and input.

z0 K
06-25-2016, 06:08 PM
Excellent YouTube post. It seemed to me to be in a the direction of hollandus opera vegetabilia. Yes I think what I have made is a basic Spagyric plant stone not an Alchemically produced stone. I appreciate your comments and input.

Thanks, results from StoneWorks Lab Ring. Youíre on the right track. Motion pictures are more valuable than words today in this Art. It is all about Philosophical Matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3CMCrvA5Jc&feature=youtu.be

Axismundi000
06-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Is the matter in the first video once congealed redistilled in the second?

z0 K
06-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Is the matter in the first video once congealed redistilled in the second?

The Dragonís frosty breath is captured in our icy vase and the battle is done. The Labors of Hercules completed. The doors of the Temple close. The Dragons sleeps in our Cave Microcosmic. We have the Philosophical Treasures necessary: our matter the Dragon consumed in philosophical fire until Elements were reborn from the Dragonís body, soul, and spirit which we were allowed to slay in this transcendent sacrifice.

We take the treasures of the Dragon to the Lionís Den. The Dragonís black earth body, blood red soul fire, translucent water, and diaphanous airy crystalline spirit are poisonous to us and must be extricated from the corrupt feces of the former life. This is the palingenesis of the Lion in the union of our Philosophical Elements, our Quintessential Conjunction.

The first alchemical creature to evolve in the work of the Lion is the enigmatic alchemical Toad. Some say the Dragon vomits up the Toad as it turns inside out. That is the short story. The Artist must first find the Toad in the Dragon vomit. The Toad is in pieces due to the violence of the Dragon fire. The Artist must put the pieces of the Toad together.

Such a Toad is full of venom. Dragon fire within causes the Toad to sweat. Touch the Toad your skin will burn. If you take the Toad out into the fresh air your eyes will burn as his sweaty ruddy venom vaporizes.

For our Medicine wash the Toad clean on the Wheel, dissolve and coagulate to receive the Spirit. The Toad may then be transformed into a Lion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHEJ8Ws_rCE&feature=youtu.be

Axismundi000
06-25-2016, 09:12 PM
This will take a month or two to consider at least, please do not let this discourage you from posting further.

elixirmixer
06-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Axis... you fused your salts in a kiln... I've heard that isn't good. Can anyone else share their opinions about melting the salts.

I also rarely calcined to white, because it's a lengthy process and every time I do it I almost set my house on fire but instead I leech the Grey ash with distilled water and filter and boil it off giving me pure citrine salts. Can anyone tell me anything about this??

In saying this, I know my process works because the nature of my medicines are something quite amazing. To see them give up the ghost in a glass of water is mezzmerizing and I always have very potent dreams

Last night I completed a black pepper Spagyric elixir, and then I had an awesome dream about boxing.

..... introducing.. the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world... ELIXIRMIXER!!!

Axismundi000
06-26-2016, 10:09 PM
Greetings elixir mixer.

There is a viewpoint which for example is found in Manfred Junius's : Practical Handbook of Alchemy that the Salt should not exceed about 550 centigrade ( below fusion temperature.)

However in my view for a Spagyric plant stone it is different. For what it is worth here is a supporting source: Spagrics Volume 1 lesson 14 - Jean Dubuis : "The stone or circulatum, sumum bonum of the vegetable work, can only be obtained through soluble glass or volatised or sublimed salts". 2nd paragraph Last page of lesson 14.

The obvious way to check this is to try a batch with fused/glassed salts and a second batch at a lower temperature eg 550 centigrade.

It takes a while to finish imbibing these and this was just a test stone with a few left over salts. So I cannot help with this so far apart from the above theory to underpin praxis or would it be the other way around praxis informing theory.

Kiorionis
06-26-2016, 10:25 PM
Spagrics Volume 1 lesson 14 - Jean Dubuis : "The stone or circulatum, sumum bonum of the vegetable work, can only be obtained through soluble glass or volatised or sublimed salts". 2nd paragraph Last page of lesson 14.

I'm curious as to how fused salts are the same as 'sublimed salts'?

Axismundi000
06-26-2016, 10:38 PM
In the context of the Dubuis material the sublimated salts are those collected from a crucible placed upside down on top of the calcination crucible. If memory serves correct, Frater Albertus also mentions a similar thing, collecting salts on a covering from salts being Calcinated, he wrote I think that such salts are good quality. I'm deliberately sticking to the written material here. The fused salts are not the sublimed salts there are 3 methods specified in this material; fusing (glassing), subliming ( collecting on a lid or some such),and volatising which I think is the evaporating and collecting crystals from the liquid as it reduces.

I chose the fusing approach with an unglazed crucible because it seemed the easiest one.

elixirmixer
06-27-2016, 12:21 PM
Does anyone think that my 'boiling down to citrine salts could be wrong? If anyone can correct my method, t'would be good because people are starting to find interest in my elixirs and I'm really wanting to go back to square one and improve on any of the steps. "quintessential tumeric"is a thread with my full process.

This stone you made... have you tried consuming it? If yes, what effects if any did you notice? If you have tried it, did it seem more or less potent than your spagyrix work?

Is the stone a pile of moosh, like it looks in the photo or is it a dry fixed powder? Can it be melted, and then hardened again? Could you set it into a shape such as a jewel or diamond or some other visually appealing situation? I haven't attempted a stone yet (well that a lie) I haven't successfully created anyone yet because my one attempt I got a bit too experimental and stuffed it, it took months of work and still made quite a grand elixir but not what I had hoped for after so much effort.

Axismundi000
06-27-2016, 01:38 PM
It is hard not soft, the liquid is lemon balm essential oil that it would no longer absorb when I imbibed it, this is what caused me to realise it had finished. Your suggestions are interesting I'm thinking though to add it to a finished plant ferment to see if it extracts or simply dissolves.

We tried a small amount and compared it to the lemon balm Spagyric we made last year ( same plant used for both). We had acclimatised to the basic lemon balm Spagyric, this test stone caused all the same effects the basic Spagyric had at the beginning but much stronger. These and the earlier effects could be placebo however. So I think the true test is to see if it dissolves in a finished plant ferment, if it doesn't this will be good. Then see if it has sufficient 'virtue' to extract an elixir from the ferment, apparently with first order stones the extraction is usually very slow and can take several days. So I'm thinking of what plant to do a ferment with at the moment because if it doesn't extract I can still continue on to the basic Spagyric with the normal procedures.

Elixirmixer please provide a link to quintessential tumeric, edit, it's OK I found it.

z0 K
06-27-2016, 05:23 PM
Greetings elixir mixer.

There is a viewpoint which for example is found in Manfred Junius's : Practical Handbook of Alchemy that the Salt should not exceed about 550 centigrade ( below fusion temperature.)

However in my view for a Spagyric plant stone it is different. For what it is worth here is a supporting source: Spagrics Volume 1 lesson 14 - Jean Dubuis : "The stone or circulatum, sumum bonum of the vegetable work, can only be obtained through soluble glass or volatised or sublimed salts". 2nd paragraph Last page of lesson 14.

The obvious way to check this is to try a batch with fused/glassed salts and a second batch at a lower temperature eg 550 centigrade.

It takes a while to finish imbibing these and this was just a test stone with a few left over salts. So I cannot help with this so far apart from the above theory to underpin praxis or would it be the other way around praxis informing theory.

In the context of the Dubuis material the sublimated salts are those collected from a crucible placed upside down on top of the calcination crucible. If memory serves correct, Frater Albertus also mentions a similar thing, collecting salts on a covering from salts being Calcinated, he wrote I think that such salts are good quality. I'm deliberately sticking to the written material here. The fused salts are not the sublimed salts there are 3 methods specified in this material; fusing (glassing), subliming ( collecting on a lid or some such),and volatising which I think is the evaporating and collecting crystals from the liquid as it reduces.

I chose the fusing approach with an unglazed crucible because it seemed the easiest one.

Good references. It is the lab work that ties everything together.

I don't think Junius and Dubius ever made an alchemical plant stone. I do admire what they were able to accomplish with the information available to them. Junius did tell me in a meeting I had with him at his lab, Australibra, in Adelaide, Australia in 1995, that he had made the Circulatum Minus, but he would not demonstrate what it could do. He said a man from Texas had come to visit him and tried to steal it from him so he never takes it out;-)

I doubt that Dubuis ever made the Circulatum Minus. The alchemical plant stone is not the same as the circulatum. It will definitely enhance any plant tincture you put into it elevating its aroma and taste: after it possesses the Element Water which is a sight to behold. It concentrates the effectiveness of the tincture so that only half as much is needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIu9LhCzUJ0&feature=youtu.be

The statement that the stone or circulatum can only be obtained through soluble glass or volatilized or sublimed salts is misleading. It is not an "or" situation. I've never read where Junius or Dubius ever mention the salt essential to both operations. It is the greatest secret of alchemy.

Fusing the plant salts into glass is not necessary, but to do it right the salts must be pretty pure or else you get clinkers and will have to pound them long and hard back into powder. Purification of the fixed plant salts is an art that varies with each operator as does the final results.

Fixed salts are necessary for both the plant stone and the circulatum. So is the secret salt spirit. I've exposed it to you here as none have done before. This secret cannot be revealed in plain simple language because it robs the Artist of the necessary discovery of it in the lab. It is like the "Prime Directive" of Alchemy that when evidence is observed that an Artist is on the verge of making the discovery some pointers can be given.

Alchemy is a Spiritual Art and Science because the Spirit we seek is the same Spirit that enlivens all living things. It is not an abstract subjective notion; it is what illuminates your Mind. When you find it in your lab you will be able to see it in your Mind. Then Doors open.

Axismundi000
06-27-2016, 06:01 PM
Thank you.

I will be studying this and the other YouTube links several hundred times and I suspect others here will do the same.

Kiorionis
06-27-2016, 06:30 PM
When you find it in your lab you will be able to see it in your Mind. Then Doors open.

And sometimes, vice versa!
Which is why I don't think terrestrial salts -- sublimated or otherwise -- are that interesting for alchemical works.

z0 K
06-27-2016, 07:22 PM
And sometimes, vice versa!
Which is why I don't think terrestrial salts -- sublimated or otherwise -- are that interesting for alchemical works.

Yes, it works both ways:-) Iím not sure what you mean by terrestrial salts. In my view fixed salts and volatile salts are part of the work in the outer lab. Each has Spirit one fixes the other joins. What do you have in mind?

elixirmixer
01-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Axis, how did this stone go? How did it behave in the ferment? Did it dissolve? Please share :)

Axismundi000
01-13-2017, 12:48 PM
It took more then 3 days to extract and I wasn't sure it was maybe just stuff naturally floating to the top. I need to make more final material and multiply it to get something that gives a distinctive rapid result which is unambiguous.

Kiorionis
01-13-2017, 04:25 PM
What do you have in mind?

Salts which are more alchemystical in Nature :)

Kiorionis
01-13-2017, 04:27 PM
It took more then 3 days to extract and I wasn't sure it was maybe just stuff naturally floating to the top. I need to make more final material and multiply it to get something that gives a distinctive rapid result which is unambiguous.

How long did the first process take? I would imagine that 3 days is fairly rapid compared to the initial creation of the spagyric plant stone?

Axismundi000
01-13-2017, 05:17 PM
It took just over 3 days for a layer to form on the liquid but I cannot say this was an extraction due to the plant kingdom stone because it was so little, It could have just been scum rising up or some such.

I have similar projects using much more starting material so I should eventually be able to multiply the stone I get to achieve a clearly discernible extraction from a plant mixture that has been marinating in alcohol and water for a few weeks.

As yet nothing like that is clear from the little test stone I tried.

elixirmixer
01-13-2017, 11:42 PM
Why don't you just taste the scum?

If it is a quintessence, it will most certainly tell you :)

Schmuldvich
01-14-2017, 05:06 AM
Why don't you just taste the scum?

If it is a quintessence, it will most certainly tell you :)

What would it taste like?

elixirmixer
01-14-2017, 06:14 AM
What would it taste like?

Like its trying to talk to you. :o

Additional note: Sweet, Sharp, and exciting. New.

Axismundi000
01-14-2017, 08:10 AM
The problem with Spagyrics is a lot of the effects could be attributed to placebo. Yet over time they have a cumulative effect for example I had a blood test a few months ago and my blood apparently has some characteristics of a man in his 20 s ( I am middle aged). But how then can you tell if one Spagyric is effective and another not. The plant kingdom stone did not exhibit clearly the effects which show it to be genuine. As I mention above I suspect this is because I did not multiply it, it was some leftovers from a basic Spagyric I used as a test procedure stone. So I didn't have enough.

Because it didn't seem to do much I'm afraid I didn't photo it. If ever I get a plant kingdom stone which extracts at an observable rate I will film and post.

z0 K
01-14-2017, 08:55 PM
Salts which are more alchemystical in Nature :)

Perhaps this might somewhat represent what you have in mind:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GG6ANAkDIk&feature=em-upload_owner

The Philosophical Tree of Life is a cooperative effort between the alchemical Dragon and the alchemical Lion fusing the inseparable opposites Spiritus Mundi and Anima Mundi planting a philosophical seed in space/time. Thatís the Way of Things. The way we are in this whorld. The tree in the video is the Great Cain becoming alchemystical again.

Schmuldvich
01-15-2017, 12:30 AM
The Philosophical Tree of Life is a cooperative effort between the alchemical Dragon and the alchemical Lion fusing the inseparable opposites Spiritus Mundi and Anima Mundi planting a philosophical seed in space/time. That’s the Way of Things. The way we are in this whorld. The tree in the video is the Great Cain becoming alchemystical again.

How do you plan to use the salt?

z0 K
01-15-2017, 05:04 PM
How do you plan to use the salt?

The salt was used to join purified fixed salts to purified organic extract of the Great Cain. Without it no Quintessence can be made for the organic and inorganic will not be coherent. Without coherency the Quintessence or fifth element or life force finds no ingress.