PDA

View Full Version : Making a spagyric medicine the quick way?

Amon
07-20-2016, 06:37 PM
I will try to be brief. I want to make a spagyric medicine for the mind, but considering the lack of proper setup to perform the different operations i was struck with this fabulous idea. I have the plant(lets say Rosemary) so i can calcine the plant and do the leaching to obtain the Salt. Here is the thing now, can i buy the other 2 of the plant's principles from a supply store? I have found 95% grain alcohol which is pure enough i believe and i was thinking if i can find Rosemary's essential oils on a beauty/herbal shop will it be the same in preparing the medicine? I am going by Bartlett's book and as many of you should know ,it states the spagyrics process is divided in Separation,Purification and Cohobation. Can i skip the first two steps by purchasing the principles already separated and (chemically) purified (especially the Sulfur) ?

Ghislain
07-20-2016, 11:28 PM
Amon, I think the whole process is a journey, to shortcut it you might just as well buy the whole product made by another.

That is just my opinion, other's may differ.

Ghislain

zoas23
07-20-2016, 11:57 PM
I have to agree with Ghislain... Also, why Bartlett?

They important thing is that you are LEARNING... If I were you, I would focus myself on making a very good salt, investigate how to improve it, etc.

And then go on with finding out how to make your mercury and your sulphur.

Making a "bad" elixir won't help you much.

If you want to somehow "use" what you've done right now, you can add a very small amount of your salt (VERY SMALL) to a glass of the most pure water you can get and drink it.

Please remember that the Salt you are going to make will have a very high PH (basic) and that anything that has a very high or very low PH isn't exactly "healthy" if you take a big amount... but if you dissolve a SMALL amount in water, then you won't have problems.

That's far from being a "complete" elixir... but it's definitely better than making a "bad" elixir and feeling that what you have is not really worthy.

Amon
07-21-2016, 06:59 AM
I have to agree with Ghislain... Also, why Bartlett?

They important thing is that you are LEARNING... If I were you, I would focus myself on making a very good salt, investigate how to improve it, etc.

And then go on with finding out how to make your mercury and your sulphur.

Making a "bad" elixir won't help you much.

If you want to somehow "use" what you've done right now, you can add a very small amount of your salt (VERY SMALL) to a glass of the most pure water you can get and drink it.

Please remember that the Salt you are going to make will have a very high PH (basic) and that anything that has a very high or very low PH isn't exactly "healthy" if you take a big amount... but if you dissolve a SMALL amount in water, then you won't have problems.

That's far from being a "complete" elixir... but it's definitely better than making a "bad" elixir and feeling that what you have is not really worthy.

I was actually thinking of doing that (taking in only the salt dissolved in water) following the homeopathic procedure, meaning subsequent dilutions to rarify the dissolved substance.
The idea about using already separated Sulfur just hit me cause i recall people claiming that since ehtyl alcohol is pretty much supposed to be the plant Mercury and many here use acohol already purified by a drug or supply store,can the same be done for the Sulfur?

Axismundi000
07-21-2016, 08:03 AM
I agree with the comments above.

Looking at this as an interesting thought experiment with Spagyrics you could do a few things.

Here is a suggestion, you have steam extracted Rosemary oil and at least 95% conc alcohol.

So I suggest thoroughly calcinate and leach to get the White salts. Put the alcohol on pot carb for a week or so to get it to 97-98% strength. Use a basic retort, heat the salts to remove water of crystallisation and put them still hot into the Rosemary oil in the retort. Add the alcohol and distil the alcohol and the 'lighter' oil across, do this 3 times at least. On the final rotation raise heat and the thicker oil with more of the salts comes across. When it begins to smell of burning stop. Incubate in a flask filled to no more then 1/3rd for at least 3 months. This is a bare-bones Magisterie method, so you need a retort and a saucepan with sand to do this on a cooker hob.

Edit: Cleaning the retort afterwards is something I failed to do when I was working with this approach. Heating the retort to cook off waste, using different solvents when cold again were suggested. I ended up throwing my retort away but it was an old one and the neck had started to develop small flaws so it was this retorts last hurrah.

theFool
07-21-2016, 11:18 AM
i recall people claiming that since ehtyl alcohol is pretty much supposed to be the plant Mercury and many here use acohol already purified by a drug or supply store In my opinion, ethyl alcohol is not the same as "plant Mercury". They probably distill over together; but without the putrefaction stage, one cannot obtain the "plant Mercury".

Axismundi000
07-21-2016, 04:40 PM
Spagyrics is just the purification and not Alchemy. It is not operator dependant.

Purchased grain alcohol which the OP specified, is fermented alcohol so it has undergone putrefaction and whilst not the best quality could be used as Mercury. The Rosemary oil as long as it is steam distilled will be Sulphur. If the plant matter is calcinated until grey ash at say 550centigrade and leached with distilled water a white Salt will be obtained. If it is not White calcinate the salt itself and leach again.

This is all Spagyric stuff so anybody can do it, you do not need to be especially 'spiritual' whereas with Alchemy in my opinion you do need to do Spiritual work in the lab work. So the OP can get something genuinely Spagyric from the ingredients I think.

theFool
07-22-2016, 07:17 AM
Maybe the OP could buy potassium carbonate and calcine this instead of plant ash.

I'm sure very few would agree with such an idea .. but why? The plant ash is a mix of chemical salts with potassium carbonate being by far the most abudant in it. It could be a good approximation.

Except if there is another kind of salt required, found in plant ash only but not in chemical stores.

Axismundi000
07-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Maybe the OP could buy potassium carbonate and calcine this instead of plant ash.

I'm sure very few would agree with such an idea .. but why? The plant ash is a mix of chemical salts with potassium carbonate being by far the most abudant in it. It could be a good approximation.

Except if there is another kind of salt required, found in plant ash only but not in chemical stores.

It would be a simple matter to try with both types of salts and see what happens. Spagyrics is not operator dependant, it is not Alchemy, Joseph Stalin or Adolph Hitler could have achieved basic Spagyrics. Im not sure if shop bought potasium carbonate would do the same result as calcinated plant matter but I see no problem with giving it a try, the concept does not scandalise me.

Salazius
07-22-2016, 09:42 AM
Real quick way ? One hour. With Radical Menstrum. From plant to red elixir stage.

But first do the long way and then you'll have keys to make the short one.

Andro
07-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Spagyrics is not operator dependant, it is not Alchemy, Joseph Stalin or Adolph Hitler could have achieved basic Spagyrics.

Pardon the off-topic, but I'd say those 2 chaps achieved quite a bit more than 'Basic Spagyrics' (value judgements excluded). And what they achieved (value judgements aside), I think it was most definitely 'operator dependent'... :)

The second guy even used the 'One Matter-One Vessel-One Fire' (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1310-One-Matter-One-Vessel-One-Fire&p=8601#post8601) method :D

Axismundi000
07-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Pardon the off-topic, but I'd say those 2 chaps achieved quite a bit more than 'Basic Spagyrics' (value judgements excluded). And what they achieved (value judgements aside), I think it was most definitely 'operator dependent'... :)

The second guy even used the 'One Matter-One Vessel-One Fire' (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1310-One-Matter-One-Vessel-One-Fire&p=8601#post8601) method :D

Jolly good.👍

elixirmixer
10-20-2016, 05:57 AM

Lol, rough.

Can i skip the first two steps by purchasing the principles already separated and (chemically) purified (especially the Sulfur) ?

All bullshit aside, yes, yes you can do this. Sure it wont be 'AS' orientated to the operator, but thats the beauty of alchemy, we use our knowledge to HELP OTHERS.

If you are going to do this, I would actually consider trying this out:

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/steve_kalec.html

The hardest part of the true spagyric art is the effective (and efficient) capture of essential oils.

If buying these things commercially, read the fine print on the product, some companies "reserve the right to replace chemically components of the oil in times of oil shortage"

You dont want dodgy oils, must specifically be advertised as "steam distilled" and "100% essential oils - no additives"

While you might not be so connected to these subjects for union, you can get connected :) Prayer, gratitude, and the good ol' rubbing the hands together, getting some 'chi' tingles and using the mind to transfer these tingles into the compounds prior to union.

This is actually pretty important.

I have done a decent amount of spagyrics.... with prayer they worked, when i just slap it together, they fail.

So i always approach them with a very humble and grateful attitude now... nothing worse than fermenting something for three months, only for it to fail because you were being too hasty, or other mistakes, because of a clustered mind, and a lack of connection to the work.