PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for accepting my application.

Loki Morningstar
07-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Ever since hearing the words ‘Know Thyself’ they have echoed in my head. A golden thread woven through time, these words have brought me much joy, and a little hardship. They are a faithful companion through life, comforting me on a never ending journey for ever expanding knowledge. I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. I enjoy reading, and watching lectures, on many subjects: Physics, Bio-Electro-Magnetism, Philosophy, Hermeticism, Sacred Geometry, Psychology, Sociology, New Thought, NLP, and Hypnosis. I have a fascination with Linguistics and Etymology, and I would class myself as a Reductionist.

My personal belief is that an Alchemist’s true goal is to turn his 'self' from base metal to gold. I believe an alchemist first goal is to learn self control. He may do this by mentally reducing his 'self', and his understanding of the world around him, into all it's many parts. Then through meditation he must fully understand, or purify, those parts until they reach their simplest form. His next step being to understand how the parts interact, striving to put them back together in their most useful form, constantly striving to create a more subjectively perfect 'self' and surrounding. Then he must learn the art of using language/symbology to understand and communicate with himself, and others, about these parts. My main interest is Philosophical Alchemy, although at the same time, I do see the many benefits of understanding Practical Alchemy, Chemistry, and Physics, clearly they help to create better understanding of one’s physical ‘self’. “As above, so below.”

I decided that I would like to join Alchemy Forums to make new friends with similar interests, and have company in finding answers for myself that I have thus far been searching for in isolation. I do not think that I will have answers for anyone else. A favourite quote by Plato explains: “I know one thing, and that is I know nothing”. Or Descartes: “I think therefore I am”, “I am a thinking thing, that is, a being who doubts, affirms, denies, knows a few objects, and is ignorant of many …”. Although, at the same time, I look forward to sharing ideas on various subjects. Perhaps inadvertently assisting others on a similar path to me to find what they are looking for at the right time for them, and I am sure the opinions of others on the forum will help me to do the same.

Much love to you all. I have really enjoyed reading historical posts on this forum. Look forward to meeting you all on the threads.

JinRaTensei
07-25-2016, 06:22 PM
welcome,nice having you here :)

Awani
07-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Welcome.

:cool:

Andro
07-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Hi!

Have you watched the first season of the TV show 'Lucifer'? When he decided to leave hell and come to earth, he chose the surname 'Morningstar' :)

I have a fascination with Linguistics and Etymology [...]

Glad to hear! (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4670-Typos-amp-Grammos&p=42085#post42085)

Look forward to meeting you all on the threads.

I'm looking forward as well :)

Welcome!

Kiorionis
07-26-2016, 12:47 AM
Welcome Loki! One of my favorite Trickster figures, by the way.

Based on your wide range of interests, I can tell you'll fit right in with the crowd around here.

JinRaTensei
07-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Isnīt the Morningstar all the same just under different names?

Loki, Lucifer, Prometheus, Cain... the archetype of the antagonist and the archetype of the "evil" son of God, just like Lillith would be the "evil" daughter of God.
I am guessing TP has the opinion that antiheroes are more interesting and that "evil" and "good" is not a clean cut line.
(Loki betrayed by Odin for not being his real son, Lucifer betrayed by God/archangel Michael as not gods predecessor, Prometheus betrayed by Zeus for giving humans "fire", Cain betrayed by God as less wanted than Abel)...

I assume TP is playing with light and dark, straight and queer(not sexual ^^ ), trickster and honest/integer person. To decide for himself if "evil" is a more suitable path than "good" or just to combine both from the get go.
But just theories XD

Loki Morningstar
07-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Thank you all for being so welcoming.

Andro: I sure have watched the show ‘Lucifer’, and really enjoyed it. I look forward to the new series. The writer’s idea of this figure are similar to my own. For example, he states humanity is to blame for their own mistakes, and feels it unfair he gets blamed for it.

Kiorionis: He is my favourite trickster too. I like the correlations between Lucifer and Loki: horned being, not afraid to question the gods. Relations to Jesus too: Both supposed to bring about the cataclysm. Although probably a new beginning rather than an end.

JinRaTensei: Yes, I currently believe they are the same archetype, different names. You sum it up well. I believe that "good" and "evol" are not clear cut. These people questioned authority and paid the price. I believe an authority seen as "good" should not be above questioning.

I enjoy the story of Loki. I shall ad-lib: Loki attends Poseidon's party, the gods brag about wars they have won. Loki asks, "You think you are above man?", "You all murder in wars, yet if man were to do it, it would be a crime". And, to prove his point, kills the waiter. The gods, angry he has killed one of their own, cast him out. Loki returns later and roasts the gods on other immoral things they have done. The gods then chain him in a cave with a snake dripping poison on his head for all eternity, until Ragnarok. Seems a little unfair to me.

Playing with light and dark is fun. We learn from experience, and I like to think a trickster teaches us more than a "good" authority figure, as the trickster forces us to think for ourselves. Contrast is necessary in life. Too ordered a thing has no potential for movement. A chemical unable to react, or change shape, has no real purpose. And in my opinion it is only in chaos we can see god.

It is definitely my goal to view both sides of the coin from the get go. Then to find my own balance. :)

Thanks again for being so welcoming everyone.

Ghislain
07-26-2016, 10:19 PM
Welcome Loki Morningstar

I enjoyed your intro, it left me looking forward to more.

Ghislain

Loki Morningstar
07-27-2016, 10:27 AM
Thank you Ghislain. I have happened upon a few of your historical posts, and really enjoyed them. I look forward to reading more of your works also.