PDA

View Full Version : Hello EveryOne.

Lux Natura
08-27-2016, 04:50 PM
Hello Everyone.

First off thank you for welcoming me to this forum.

A little bit about myself:

I am from Western Canada, originally from Central Europe. I work in a botany field, and my great interests are those that deal with nature, systems within nature, and by extensions, systems of interrelationships (be they mental, historical, astronomical, etc).

My path towards alchemy started out with experiences that I had as a child dealing with my dreams and how my mind interpreted questions about the nature of existence. I, at various times, spent my energy searching for answers in the practices of eastern mysticism, the western hermetic system, chaos magic, psychology, inducing trance states using drugs, tantra, amassing as much information about all things possible and trying to distill it, etc.

What I found can be best expressed as learning to listen to the natural teacher that is within and without, and working towards cultivating a relationship with this teacher.

My alchemy is both a simple laboratory one and at the same time an internal one - and these two are one and the same. The results of my experiment are things that can be ingested or used in a way that have an effect on those ingesting them, always towards the one goal.

Perhaps that is enough for my introduction.

I have spent the last year reading almost every post on this forum, so many of you I feel I already know, even though you don't know me yet!

:D

Kiorionis
08-27-2016, 04:55 PM
Welcome, glad you've joined!

Andro
08-27-2016, 05:20 PM
always towards the one goal.

How would you describe this 'one goal'?

many of you I feel I already know, even though you don't know me yet!

This "unfair advantage" will need to be rectified, now that you're on board :)

Welcome!

Ghislain
08-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Welcome Lux Natura.

Ghislain

Lux Natura
08-28-2016, 12:22 AM
How would you describe this 'one goal'?

First off I would say it is an inevitable conclusion that the work should be towards this one goal. It seems that most of the groups in history that were involved with expanding their conscious understanding about the natures of being and existence came to a similar conclusion as to what it is that man should be doing - although they did seem to each explain it away in their own peculiar initiated terminologies.

Myself I prefer the maxim "The Great Work", as that is the phrase I was aware of that explained the goal when I came to the understanding that my consciousness is an integral part of the process, but I would also call it the process of purification and unification of opposites to produce a third thing that contains both in harmony which has the power to effect change and transformation.

I think "Self-Transcendence" (From Maslow's hierarchy of needs) is also a great way of describing it - and this too is inevitable. Once self actualized (once purified and the goal of the purpose of the self is reached) the next thing is to again unite with the purified opposite (in Maslow's case, notSelf as society, universe, god, faith, etc).

Perhaps the idea of The Great Work seem like too loft of a goal - and it is if one tries to see the whole thing at once, but simple small things are part of it, as it is made up of infinitely smaller "great works". In my view, cooking a meal with love and care to feed someone who is hungry is just as much part of the process as anything else!

Back to the laboratory. In the process of purification of the self, the links formed between the inner and the outer mean that one can work with simple materials to produce simple reactions in the flask that produce incredibly powerful reactions and changes internally. But we know this cannot happen if one approaches it merely as a scientist who only considers that which happens in the flask as data points, and omits that which happens in their consciousness. I suppose this would explain why some can practice magic with little more that ideas and random objects found around them, and others fail to do so, even with 100% accurate renditions of solomon's sigils, and all related incenses, metals, plants, times of day, etc etc. The "trick to it" cannot be taught or told or explained, only discovered.

Awani
08-28-2016, 03:24 AM
Welcome.

:cool:

black
08-28-2016, 04:31 AM
Welcome Lux Natura.

Salazius
08-28-2016, 10:42 AM
Welcome !

Ghislain
08-28-2016, 01:49 PM
Myself I prefer the maxim "The Great Work", as that is the phrase I was aware of that explained the goal when I came to the understanding that my consciousness is an integral part of the process, but I would also call it the process of purification and unification of opposites to produce a third thing that contains both in harmony which has the power to effect change and transformation...

The "trick to it" cannot be taught or told or explained, only discovered.

I agree.

Ghislain