PDA

View Full Version : Hello To All

Chasm
08-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Good afternoon to you all.

First of all, a thank you for accepting me here at this forum.
I've been lurking around for quite some time and I've got to say that this forum so far is tops!!!
The quality of the posts are second to none. Even when things get heated, which isn't always bad, there's still a quality to the exchanges that makes this place a great venue for the more serious Seeker. This place is an institute of higher learning.

Now, I am a 100% believer in practical alchemy. I love the Hermetic Philosophy and always enjoy a good discussion that delves into the deeper aspects of its tenets. What do I mean? Well, let's take Genesis as an example; I don't believe that two of every animal was placed into an ark. Nor do I believe that the seed of every animal was placed there. What I can get behind is that metaphorically, the male and female principles of all things was placed within a metaphoric sulphur out of which all things are generated.
This type of topic elsewhere yields little in the way of serious discussion; but I know that here, at this "Institute", the topic would be dissected from all points to exhaustion.
I have dreams and great expectations of myself. I see here on this forum that others may certainly feel the same way.
And why not, why shouldn't we dream big?
We are all just extensions of some type of force living out an idea, achieving by extension, the endless workings of concept.

I tip my hat to all of you active posters here. Allow me to flatter Andro and JDP...I love what you offer.

I don't really want to ramble, and as this is just an intro, hello again to all. Hoping all is well in our glass world ;)

Chasm

Andro
08-27-2016, 10:25 PM
here, at this "Institute"

Welcome to The Institute for the Alchemically Sane :)

Ghislain
08-28-2016, 12:02 AM
Welcome Chasm :)

Ghislain

Awani
08-28-2016, 03:24 AM
Welcome.

:cool:

black
08-28-2016, 04:32 AM
Welcome Chasm

JinRaTensei
08-28-2016, 07:34 AM
Aloha :)

Salazius
08-28-2016, 10:41 AM
Bonjour, bienvenue !

Chasm
08-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Thanks you all for the warm welcome.
Trust me, I'm quite comfy here already. I figured out where I was going to make my first post here last night. What stopped me was not knowing the length of time I've got before the board times out. Can anyone tell me how long I have before this occurs? There's nothing more frustrating than scripting an in depth post only to find out that the message was lost because I didn't save it along the way, and the board timed out.
Knowing this information would allow me to get in and out on time or at the least prep me take the time to save the draft.
Thanks.

Andro
08-28-2016, 12:02 PM
See this thread: Log In Time-Out (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3415-Log-In-Time-Out)

If you don't make it indefinite (see instruction in the above linked thread), the default automatic log out time is one hour.

Ghislain
08-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Chasm, write you post in a word processor and only edit it in the forum...gives you more time I find.

Ghislain

Chasm
08-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys.