PDA

View Full Version : The Solar Path

Roburus
09-01-2016, 05:40 PM
There´s an ancient way, maybe Rosicrucian, of trapping solar fire by the use of mirrors and lenses. It's described in a small text called Artifice V, and attributed to Francesco Lana de Terzi. It represents a way to concentrate SM through sunlight. I've been experiencing about it for a while, but I'm looking for more information. Does anyone know anything about it?

http://www.subeimagenes.com/thumb/img-20160826-095852-1655575.jpg

-----------------------------------------

Ghislain
09-01-2016, 07:16 PM
This is not in answer to your original post, but it got me thinking.

If you had a perfectly silvered glass ball with one patch where you could place a light source with a reflective
backing, once the light is shining into the ball what happens to the photons, are they are constantly reflected?

Does the ball become saturated with photons, does the source keep emitting photons?

Just a thought.

Ghislain

Andro
09-01-2016, 09:26 PM
It's described in a small text called Artifice V, and attributed to Francesco Lana de Terzi.

Maybe it would be helpful if you could post an English version of this text (if you have or can translate one), so others may have a better idea what you are talking about.

Seth-Ra
09-01-2016, 09:28 PM
This is not in answer to your original post, but it got me thinking.

If you had a perfectly silvered glass ball with one patch where you could place a light source with a reflective
backing, once the light is shining into the ball what happens to the photons, are they are constantly reflected?

Does the ball become saturated with photons, does the source keep emitting photons?

Just a thought.

Ghislain

The photons will interact with the electrons and be absorbed by the material; if it's strong enough, it may heat the "container", thereby releasing that energy as well.
It's not contained in such an easy fashion.
Luckily SM in a workable form isn't as bothersome to catch, and theoretically may piggy back with the initial source energy of such.
But your results may vary.

~Seth-Ra

Ghislain
09-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Ok here is another one...

When you stand between two mirrors at the right angle you see an infinite repeated reflection. We know that it is only reflected light that we see so are the repeated reflections being made by the same photons of light? If it is then it should get darker the deeper it goes as some of the photons get absorbed. Nevertheless there are numerous reflections and thus not all is absorbed immediately, therefore there must be a build up of photons in the ball as the source will always be emitting more...perhaps ;)

In the case of the ball above the heat will be reflected too...like in a thermos.

If you place a mirror in the sun does it get hot...I'm not sure...I'll check that out.

Ghislain

Edit: I know white cars don't get hot...I have one.

Seth-Ra
09-02-2016, 02:49 AM
Ok here is another one...

When you stand between two mirrors at the right angle you see an infinite repeated reflection. We know that it is only reflected light that we see so are the repeated reflections being made by the same photons of light? If it is then it should get darker the deeper it goes as some of the photons get absorbed. Nevertheless there are numerous reflections and thus not all is absorbed immediately, therefore there must be a build up of photons in the ball as the source will always be emitting more...perhaps ;)

In the case of the ball above the heat will be reflected too...like in a thermos.

If you place a mirror in the sun does it get hot...I'm not sure...I'll check that out.

Ghislain

Edit: I know white cars don't get hot...I have one.

Photons work as both particles and waves. Mirrors will bounce the photons back and forth. The image will degrade at a point, but depending on the quality of the mirror, it'll probably be past your perception of the reflections cause in the bounce. As long as their remains a source of light and the angle to bounce it, it'll bounce - but some percentage of it is interacting, refracting, and being absorbed by the mirrors, regardless of their quality. Even if that amount and process is beyond your immediate perception. The photons are not being housed, but used. Cut off the source and you'll see how quickly that energy is diffused and absorbed - it's speed is greater than your perception of it. Turn off the source, and find your containment equally "off".

You'll never capture light like that. However, with the right alchemical setup, you may can catch something OTHER than the light that may be riding that wave. Something that loves to manifest itself into matter with the right conditions met (your containment should meet those)
But light itself - the photons, won't be housed by such.

~Seth-Ra

Kiorionis
09-02-2016, 04:02 AM
I like the idea of using the Sun -- or the 'electric fluid' -- in alchemical works.
Though I think Seth-Ra has it right, that most people forget about creating a 'magnet state' to attract the SM.

Not sure whether or not you can do that with just the Sun alone. May need the magnetic fluid involved.

But that's my theory based on little practice with the Solar work.

(aside: very much like your new signature, Seth-Ra.)

Ghislain
09-02-2016, 08:40 AM
I am sorry if it would appear that I have hijacked this thread, but I think it may be relevant to the OP
as I can find no information about “Artifice V” in relation to Francesco Lana de Terzi and the trapping
solar fire by the use of mirrors and lenses. So by discussion we may come to a conclusion ourselves.

Seth I agree with a lot of what you say and I am aware of the particle wave duality theory, this is
explained in the two slit experiment (http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc), this brings us into the quantum theory side of things, but I fail
to see its relevance here; it may have a very important relevance, but could be potentially beyond
the level of this thread unless we have some quantum physicists here.:)

As for the speed of light (C =~ 300 million m/s) , I am aware of how fast this is as I used to work with
computers; my computer’s processor works at 3.5 GHz, which is =~ 3.5 billion cycles per second and
we can assume that electromagnetic radiation travels at =~ C giving the wavelength of C/3.5 e9/s =~
0.086m. My point in mentioning this is that we do not see this length and thus we don’t use it when
calculating how quickly our computers may send an email for example, even though it may be an
important factor.

Please bear with me as this may get a bit boring. I once wrote a word processor program in which
one of the routines was to place a letter onto the screen if an alpha numerical key was pressed. I
wrote the routine to store the letter in memory, point to the next available byte in memory, move
the cursor over one space after putting the letter on the screen and then wait for another key-press
(via a keyboard scan routine) and then print the next letter. This would continue ad infinitum, until
the user finished typing or the computer ran out of memory.

Can you imagine what happened when I pressed the letter “a” on the keyboard?

I didn’t take into account the speed of the computer, the screen immediately filled with the letter
“a” and the computer crashed as the memory had been filled. The program routine did exactly what
I told it to do, but much much quicker than I could ever have imagined.

Again to explain my point here, we still use computers irrelevant of their speed, we just have to get
our minds to work in a different time scale. We have the same thing happening with the mirror
reflections.

So returning to my example of the two mirrors, a reflection is the light reflecting from an object,
therefore I see an object only by the light reflected from it. (hot bodies not included here)

Now we could call the mirrors A and B. Mirror A reflects the light from mirror B and thus I can see
the reflection of mirror B in the light reflected from mirror A into my eyes (this will be very
important later); we could call that reflection 1.

However mirror B now has the reflected light coming from Mirror A which is reflecting its own image
that was reflected from mirror B in reflection 1...mirror B now has a reflection of mirror A with the
reflected light from its own image within mirror A (reflection 2)...so on and so forth. The point is
that, other than the first reflection, all other reflections must be from the same photons of previous
reflections or there would only be the first image and no others.

The point of turning off the source and the images disappear instantly is not quite true, it is just that
we cannot see the continuation of the reflection as they happen so fast and this is where the
important part of my eyes comes in. The photons must be scattering for my eyes to detect some of
them and thus there are some non reflective surfaces absorbing the photons. Again this is
happening so quickly it is imperceptible to our awareness.

Even if we were to add a camera to the mirrored ball that would be a point of absorption for the
photons and the light would diminish too quickly for us to see what was happening; a sort of catch
22 situation.

Now if the photons are entering the ball and being reflected the reflected photons are still present
when fresh photons are entered from the source, what has to be determined is how long can the
reflected photons last before they are absorbed. It is kind of like a pressure cooker, if it leaks it
cannot build up pressure – if the photons are absorbed they cannot amass, however we have to
agree that at any one time there are more photons present in the ball than those that are being
emitted from the source.

Material properties of the ball, frequency of the light, imperfections and such would all have to be taken into account.

Ghislain

alfr
09-02-2016, 08:55 AM
hi at all
now i have V artificio lana terzi but (sorry)it is in latin italian and in one version spanish if some want i found in my old computer and i post it

my best regard alfr

Ghislain
09-02-2016, 11:18 AM
Is it a pdf Alfr?

I would like to see it thank you.

Ghislain

alfr
09-02-2016, 04:57 PM
hi Ghislain yes one spanish version of artificio V of alchemy solar of lana terzi it is in pdf

my best regard

alfr
09-02-2016, 05:39 PM
lana terzi Artificio sobre el Fuego Solar

(traducida del latín por rhoend)

Artificio V

En un frasco de vidrio especial, cerrado y vacío, expuesto a la luz solar, un arco iris iridiscente se

observa el interior del recipiente después de unas horas, que se condensa en un líquido blanco

como la leche, y después de una cocción suave el líquido se convierte en rojo y tiene la capacidad

de penetrar el oro.

La práctica consiste esencialmente en reunir la luz del sol o más bien el calor del cielo en un frasco

/ cuerpo, y el resultado posee una fuerza prodigiosa.

Este dispositivo es realmente extraordinario, y se ha mantenido en secreto por mucho tiempo.

Ahora sentimos que debe ser probado por todos, ya que tiene muchos resultados, tanto en la

ciencia médica como la técnica química, cuyos resultados se pueden obtener fácilmente si

hacemos un compromiso más diligente, a diferencia de como se ha hecho hasta ahora.

Para este trabajo se utiliza un vaso urinario, que se utiliza comúnmente para la destilación,

alrededor de un pie de altura (30 cm) y con una boca ancha, a cuatro dedos colocados de lado.

Su parte inferior debe ser tratada desde el exterior de forma que se utilice la plata de un espejo

(un espejo plateado desde el exterior), a continuación, aplicamos a la boca del recipiente una lente

cristalina de tal manera que la boca esté completamente cerrada por ella. La boca debe estar

cerrada con cuidado para que el aire no transpire fácilmente.

Además, la lente de cristal antes mencionada debe ser diseñada de manera que después de que

fue tapada la boca del orinal, si se expone a la luz solar directa, la unión de los rayos casi toca el

fondo del recipiente, pero no lejos de ella (más de la tercera o cuarta parte de dedo: 1-5 -2 cm). Si

se tratara de aprovechar plenamente el fondo del recipiente, puede haber un peligro inminente de

ruptura.

Pagina 1 di 2

Pagina 2 di 2

Este recipiente por esta lente quema, como se dijo, adaptado bajo el tremendo calor del verano, el

clima y el aire sereno y bien purificado (circunstancias que si usted emplea, se evita cualquier

efecto adverso) deben ser expuestos al sol para que el fuego (la distancia focal) de la lente, o la

unión (el punto de concentración) de los rayos del sol coincida con el centro del fondo del

recipiente, por lo tanto, habrá un trabajo constante ya que el recipiente habrá de desplazarse en

varias ocasiones acorde al movimiento del sol, de modo de asegurarnos que se recoja los rayos del

sol siempre en la mitad de la parte inferior.

Si se hace con cuidado, se verá después de una o dos horas en la parte inferior del frasco, primero

diversos colores del arco iris, y luego se irán reuniendo poco a poco y en ese momento verás un

líquido casi viscoso parecido a la leche. Este líquido debe ser raspado del fondo del recipiente de

vidrio (quitar cuando todavía está un poco "mojado" para evitar romper el recipiente).

Si se digiere esto a fuego lento, se consolida en un polvo rojizo de sorprendente delicadeza, y si

este polvo se reduce a líquido, puede fácilmente perforar / penetrar el oro. Hombres ilustres que

han experimentado esta medicina, especialmente afirman que cura las fiebres y las úlceras de los

pulmones en un período de siete días, pero en cuanto a las capacidades de este bálsamo celestial,

tal vez hay muchos otros beneficios en diversos campos.

Es eficaz para la fiebre si durante tres mañanas y tres tardes se administra al paciente tres granos

de este polvo en una oz y medio de vino blanco. Para las úlceras de los pulmones, durante un

período de siete días, la tarde y la mañana, tomar cuatro granos en agua de ortiga.

Un hombre noble ha estado practicando un proceso diferente por mucho tiempo. En la boca de un

recipiente redondo de una cierta capacidad, con harina (mezclado con agua) o pasta para pan,

conectó una lupa de una forma tal que produce que dicha unión no permita que la luz solar llega a

la parte inferior del recipiente, pero converge en el centro de la vasija. La expone al sol de acuerdo

con los pasos apropiados que han sido ya mencionados. Cerca de la parte inferior del recipiente,

una llama se administra de modo que el fondo del recipiente permanece caliente. Si lo hace, en el

espacio de cinco o seis horas, se las arregla para reunir una cantidad sustancial de esa materia.

Este otro artificio tiene sólo una variante, la variante de este artificio es sólo la parte inferior del

recipiente, en lugar del espejo colocado allí, hay un pequeño calor en la parte inferior, pero el

aparato es el mismo.

Ghislain
09-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Thanks Alfr

Does the vessel need to have a vacuum?

Ghislain

zoas23
09-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Thanks Alfr

Does the vessel need to have a vacuum?

Ghislain

This is what the text describes:

https://s9.postimg.org/dd2q1d6kv/espejo.jpg

-A 30 cm height flask (diameter = 10 centimeters or 4 inches).. with a wide "mouth"

-a convex lens, the focal point (the point where the light converges) MUST be "1.5 or 2 centimeters ABOVE the base of the flask" or the flask will break. The point of convergence should match the "center" of the flask, though still 2 centimeters above the base.

-It has to be done during the summer and in a sunny day.

-A "white water" will be created BELOW the focal point.

-The convex lens has to hermetically seal the flask.

-The flask has to be placed on top of a mirror.

-An alternative is to place the flask on top of a source of heat (i.e, a hot plate)

-And another alternative is to put inside the flask a mix of flour and water, as if you were going to make bread (I ASSUME that it means below the focal point)... it doesn't explain too much the difference of using this "mix" or not.

-As for the resulting matter, it says that it has the power of "penetrating gold"... and then it also says that mixed with white wine or other substances (water of nettle), it can heal fever or different sicknesses of the lungs.

Ghislain
09-03-2016, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the graphical explanation Zoas, but my question was "does the flask need a vacuum", my reason for asking this
is because I presumed the flask would be sealed and pressure may build up from the heat in which case the flask may fail.

Starting off with a partial vacuum may alleviate this.

Also, what of the bottom of the flask, should it be flat or round, can it have imperfections as this will all effect the way the
light is reflected from the mirror?

Will the focal distance change with time of day? May it be useful to use 2 lenses, one fixed at the top of the jar and another
above it but mobile, so that the focal point can be adjusted due to the time of day? Similar to focusing a microscope.

I have a lens that is convex on one side but concave on the other, would this serve the purpose?

Should the whole apparatus be placed on a tilting platform so as to keep the lens pointing at the sun as it moves across the
sky?

Ghislain

theFool
09-03-2016, 06:05 AM

Hello zoas,

to my understanding, it should be a round bottom flask (urinal (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:An_alchemist_(%3F)_holding_up_a_'urinal'_(a_g lass_vessel)_to_a_Wellcome_V0025528.jpg)) with silver plated bottom. I don't speak Spanish, but this is how I understand this sentence:

Su parte inferior debe ser tratada desde el exterior de forma que se utilice la plata de un espejo

(un espejo plateado desde el exterior), Does this mean to put a mirror under a glass jar?

zoas23
09-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Ghislain & TheFool:

1: Yes, the mirror is UNDER the flask, not inside the flask... This is very clear in the text.

2: This is a late XVII century work... I don't think he was using Vacuum. You can download the entire book here in Latin: http://www.e-rara.ch/zut/doi/10.3931/e-rara-12405

3: The context leads to assume that he is talking about a flask with a flat bottom and with the less "imperfections" possible.... It's not really an incredibly strange flask.

4: The lens can be the average lens of a magnifying glass... the "tricky" part is that the focal point has to be 28 centimeters away from the lens... If I was going to replicate this thing, I would probably use a different logic: I would get a lens and check where is the focal point... i.e, my lens can have its focal point 34 centimeters away from the lens... So I would find a 36 centimeters height flask... it is somehow more practical.

5: As for adjusting the focal point... the text talks says that as the sun moves, you should move the flask so that the focal point always faces the center of the flask... so you probably have to move the flask as if it was a sunflower following the sun. It is probably easier to do such thing than using a set of lenses to have the focal point always in the center...

6: The text says that the experiment lasts "5 or 6 hours"... so probably it's a good idea to do it between 9:30 and 14:30... as to catch the best moments of the sun (considering that the "ideal" moment is 12:00 pm)

I have no idea if this experiment leads somewhere, but its procedure is simple and based on common sense... so probably it makes no sense to make it become "complex" (i.e, moving the flask is easier than using several lenses, etc)

Andro
09-03-2016, 08:53 AM
In a particular glass jar ('urinal'), closed and empty, exposed to sunlight, an iridescent rainbow is observed inside the vessel after a few hours, which then condenses into a white liquid like milk, and after gentle cooking the liquid becomes red and has the ability to penetrate gold.

The practice essentially involves gathering sunlight or rather the heat of the sky in a flask/body, and the result possesses prodigious strength.

This device is truly extraordinary and has been kept secret for long. Now we feel that it can be proven to all that it has many results, both in the medical science and in the chemical art, which results can be easily obtained if we make a more diligent commitment, unlike it has been done until now.

For this work we use a urinal glass, which is commonly used for distillation, about a foot tall and with a wide mouth, wide as four fingers placed sideways.

Its bottom should be treated from the outside in such a way like with removed silver from mirrors (mirror-plated bottom from the outside), then we apply to the mouth of the vessel a crystalline lens of such size that the mouth is completely closed by it. The mouth must be closed carefully so the air does not transpire.

Moreover, the aforementioned glass lens must be designed so that when it is exposed to direct sunlight at the urinal mouth, the union of the rays almost touches the bottom of the pot but not too far from it either (most of the third or fourth part of a finger: 1.5cm - 2cm). If it were to fully converge at the bottom of the glass, there may be an imminent danger of breaking.

This vessel, with this burning lens, as was said, under the tremendous heat of summer weather and serene pure air (circumstances which if you employ, you avoid any adverse effects) should be exposed to the sun so that the fire (the focal length) of the lens, or the union (the point of concentration) of the sun's rays coincide with the center of the bottom of the pot, therefore with constant work it is appropriate that the vessel itself must be shifted repeatedly as the motion of the sun requires, in other words we must ensure that in order to collect the rays they have to go always to the center of the bottom.

If done carefully, you will see after one or two hours on the bottom of the jar at first various colors of the rainbow, then gradually gathering at that point you'll see an almost viscous liquid such as milk. This liquid must be scraped from the bottom of the glass to another glass (remove while still a little ‘wet’ to avoid breaking the vase).

If you digest this over low heat, it is consolidated into a reddish powder of surprising finesse, and if this liquid is reduced to a powder, it can easily pierce/penetrate gold. Illustrious men who have experienced this medicine, particularly claim that it cures fevers and ulcers of the lungs in a period of seven days, but regarding the capabilities of this celestial balm, perhaps there are many other benefits in various fields. It is effective for fever if for three mornings and evenings three grains of this powder are administered to the patient in half an ounce of white wine. For ulcers of the lungs, during a period of seven days evening and morning, take four grains in water nettle.

A noble man has been practicing a different process for a long time. At the mouth of a round vessel of a certain capacity, with flour (mixed with water) or paste for bread, attach a magnifying glass of such a form which makes the union so that the focused sunlight does not reach the bottom of the jar, but converges in the center of the vase, then exposed to the sun according to the appropriate steps that have been already discussed. Close to the bottom of the pot, a flame is administered so that the bottom of the pot remains warm. Doing so in the space of five or six hours, he manages to gather a substantial amount of that substance.

The difference is that at the bottom of the jar, instead of the bottom mirror plating, there is a small fire under the bottom of the vessel. The apparatus is the same.

----------------------------------------------------------

Seth-Ra
09-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Sounds like the point of it not touching the bottom is so it won't over heat and bust; likewise the external heating keeps it all relatively close so it still won't break. (Like gradually heating a flask rather than instantly roasting it and thermal shocking it)

The bread-paste may just be a sort of vehicle for this substance to accumulate in; one can't help but wonder what would happen if a better suited "magnet" or "vehicle" were prepared and ready to receive that occult force riding those waves. ;)

~Seth-Ra

(Thanks Kiorionis, tis one of my favorite quotes from the book. :) )

Andro
09-03-2016, 04:03 PM
The bread-paste may just be a sort of vehicle for this substance to accumulate in

From the text, it sounds to me that the paste is merely used as a means to secure the lens to the mouth of the vessel.

En la boca de un recipiente redondo de una cierta capacidad, con harina (mezclado con agua) o pasta para pan, conectó una lupa [...]

At the mouth of a round vessel of a certain capacity, with flour (mixed with water) or paste for bread, attach a magnifying glass [...]

Chasm
09-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Ghislain & TheFool:

1: Yes, the mirror is UNDER the flask, not inside the flask... This is very clear in the text.

2: This is a late XVII century work... I don't think he was using Vacuum. You can download the entire book here in Latin: http://www.e-rara.ch/zut/doi/10.3931/e-rara-12405

3: The context leads to assume that he is talking about a flask with a flat bottom and with the less "imperfections" possible.... It's not really an incredibly strange flask.

4: The lens can be the average lens of a magnifying glass... the "tricky" part is that the focal point has to be 28 centimeters away from the lens... If I was going to replicate this thing, I would probably use a different logic: I would get a lens and check where is the focal point... i.e, my lens can have its focal point 34 centimeters away from the lens... So I would find a 36 centimeters height flask... it is somehow more practical.

5: As for adjusting the focal point... the text talks says that as the sun moves, you should move the flask so that the focal point always faces the center of the flask... so you probably have to move the flask as if it was a sunflower following the sun. It is probably easier to do such thing than using a set of lenses to have the focal point always in the center...

6: The text says that the experiment lasts "5 or 6 hours"... so probably it's a good idea to do it between 9:30 and 14:30... as to catch the best moments of the sun (considering that the "ideal" moment is 12:00 pm)

I have no idea if this experiment leads somewhere, but its procedure is simple and based on common sense... so probably it makes no sense to make it become "complex" (i.e, moving the flask is easier than using several lenses, etc)

Well I just took my magnifying glass outside to measure the length of the focal point. It was longer than my ruler.;) Also, it's 1430 here and one definitely needs an apparatus to track the sun if the experiment is to last 5 hrs. I was measuring diagonally just to keep my focal point tight. This is not such a big deal since our flask clamps can be used to advantage here. Certainly no need for multiple lens.
The trick now is finding the glass vessel of appropriate height.

Are we sure that the bottom is flat? Somehow I feel that the reflected rays should converge on the focal point of the lens. I note that the less irregularities, the better for the vessel bottom, but in my opinion, this experiment, as easy as it appears, should be done with a round bottom container that has a focal point of its own.
A smaller lens would reduce the length of the focal point. I'm going to look around the house for one that can be mated to a boiling flask using plumbers mastic. Fixing a compact mirror centered outside the flask bottom is easily done with duct tape.

Spain has a solar energy set up that sounds similar to this arrangement.

Seth-Ra
09-03-2016, 07:56 PM
From the text, it sounds to me that the paste is merely used as a means to secure the lens to the mouth of the vessel.

Oh, I see. I must have misread that. My bad. lol
(At work)

~Seth-Ra

Kiorionis
09-03-2016, 08:03 PM

I've seen something similar to this.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/eclipse-archive/annular/2012/images/slides/annulareclipse.jpg
Perhaps an interesting meditation on the 'magnet'-fying glass ;)

zoas23
09-03-2016, 08:48 PM

Yes, you are 100% right... the idea that the "bread" was inside the flask was me misreading the text... the "bread" is only used as a suggestion about how to secure the lens and make an hermetic seal. It's not inside the flask. Shame on me, the text is not ambiguous at all about it.

zoas23
09-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Hello zoas,

to my understanding, it should be a round bottom flask (urinal (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:An_alchemist_(%3F)_holding_up_a_'urinal'_(a_g lass_vessel)_to_a_Wellcome_V0025528.jpg)) with silver plated bottom. I don't speak Spanish, but this is how I understand this sentence:
Does this mean to put a mirror under a glass jar?

Maybe you are right... about the round bottom.
If you go to this page: http://mistholme.com/?s=flask and you scroll down a bit, there is an example of an "urinal" there and its bottom is round, not fltat. The only hint that the text gives about it is actually the word "urinal".

Chasm
09-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Could a form of this technology be used here? https://goo.gl/images/oPLxQr
Our goal is to capture a peculiar fluid whilst this setup apparently focuses the rays to heat a fluid. It's not a closed system but the similarity is striking.

Kiorionis
09-04-2016, 01:54 AM
Could a form of this technology be used here? https://goo.gl/images/oPLxQr
Our goal is to capture a peculiar fluid whilst this setup apparently focuses the rays to heat a fluid. It's not a closed system but the similarity is striking.

You might be interested in this post (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3753-Candles-Lamps-and-Fire&p=40714#post40714).

The relevant quote being:

Built near the town of Ouarzazate in central Morocco, the plant uses solar thermal technology, rather than photovoltaic solar panels. Solar thermal technology uses mirrors, which track the movement of the Sun, to concentrate solar rays to heat oil in pipes. The hot oil is used to create steam in order to power turbines, creating the electricity. The advantage of using this technique is that the oil can then be used to melt salt, which holds onto the energy, and can be used to produce power even after the Sun has gone down.

Chasm
09-04-2016, 02:30 AM
You might be interested in this post (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3753-Candles-Lamps-and-Fire&p=40714#post40714).
The relevant quote being:
Yes, this is exactly what i was talking about. The tech just seems eerily close to this experiment.

Chasm
09-04-2016, 07:40 PM
I cut out a round piece of foil and taped it to the outside bottom centre of my curcubit. No sense posting a pic as I haven't found a lens that works. I feel the foil is better than a flat mirror as it forms a concave reflective surface inside. By the way, it's not easy keeping the foil free of wrinkles on a round surface.
The difficult part to all of this is going to be aligning the focal points or as Walter Russell would say, "opposed, centrepital vortices."According to him, this is an electrical action that forms matter.
Paradoxically, the matter diffuses at the equatorial plane, but if it's trapped by the glass....? This will be interesting.

Chasm
09-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Ok, I'm tracking the sun. I used wax to affix this glass whose focal point is 9cm. The flask is 18cm. If I get poor results, I'll try a smaller flask. This is easy enough to test.

http://i.picasion.com/resize82/ea3d46e7b5f0498eefd867acdd5ea923.jpg

I will post my results!

chasm369

----------------------------------------

Roburus
09-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Ok, I'm tracking the sun. I used wax to affix this glass whose focal point is 9cm. The flask is 18cm. If I get poor results, I'll try a smaller flask. This is easy enough to test.

http://i.picasion.com/resize82/ea3d46e7b5f0498eefd867acdd5ea923.jpg

I will post my results!

chasm369

----------------------------------------

You need the mirror and the heat source, otherwise do not work.

Chasm
09-06-2016, 07:49 PM
;) well so far you're absolutely correct. I just got back inside and I saw nothing.
I don't quite understand how a mirror with a heat source behind it will work out though. It's not registering. Suppose we had a convex mirror and the back of it were painted black, it would absorb heat very well, but then wouldn't the reflective material of the mirror impede the transfer of radiation into the glass vessel. Does not the reflected rays provide the heat from below?
My Spanish isn't that great but...what can I say? ;)
This experiment looks easy enough but I'm unsure how it's going to work out. I'm going to continue to play with it.
The reflection off of the foil is very bright but other than that, nada!

theFool
09-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Wrap it with tin foil.

Weidenfeld
09-07-2016, 08:41 AM
There´s an ancient way, maybe Rosicrucian, of trapping solar fire by the use of mirrors and lenses. It's described in a small text called Artifice V, and attributed to Francesco Lana de Terzi. It represents a way to concentrate SM through sunlight. I've been experiencing about it for a while, but I'm looking for more information. Does anyone know anything about it?
-----------------------------------------
Maybe it would be also a good idea to look for other literature that describes similar experiments (pulvis solaris) and there is some out there. Also Alexander von Bernus mentioned it in his Alchemy and Medicine as the most hidden secret of Alchemy. If I remember right he mainly refers to Montfaucon. And there is 'Arcana divina', there is in the 'Testamentum Societates Aureae et Roseae Crucis' a own section about this subject.
Other text:

Boe, de Le Sylvius, Magni Sylvii Sal Volatile Oleosum, radiis solaribus impregnatum

Weidenfeld

Ghislain
09-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Well I just took my magnifying glass outside to measure the length of the focal point. It was longer than my ruler.;) Also, it's 1430 here and one definitely needs an apparatus to track the sun if the experiment is to last 5 hrs. I was measuring diagonally just to keep my focal point tight. This is not such a big deal since our flask clamps can be used to advantage here. Certainly no need for multiple lens.

Chasm did you measure the focal point at another time of day other than 14:30? My point was that at different times of day the focal distance may change.

I don't quite understand how a mirror with a heat source behind it will work out though. It's not registering. Suppose we had a convex mirror and the back of it were painted black, it would absorb heat very well, but then wouldn't the reflective material of the mirror impede the transfer of radiation into the glass vessel. Does not the reflected rays provide the heat from below?

Roburus and Chasm, could you explain why you mention a heat source, do you have further information that is not mentioned in the posted text or did i miss something?

I’ll just throw this out there because they say the most stupid question is the one that is never asked ;)

Could the vessel be floated in Mercury as the reflective medium? I immediately see the problem of tilting the flask makes this problematic.

Or another method may be this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc-bv9EP4hE

Ghislain

Chasm
09-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Chasm did you measure the focal point at another time of day other than 14:30? My point was that at different times of day the focal distance may change.
No I didn't. The incoming rays are a constant. The mag glass is constant with its fixed dimensions and whose function is to converge the rays to a focal point. This is determined by the mag glass and its distance from the object. Once the measurements are calculated so that the beam is focusing where you want it, which as Zoas said is a function of the flask depth, tracking is the only concern.
I did consider the mirror paint, but used the readily available foil.
As for the heat source, Roburus brought it up. I personally don't see the need, nor do I see benefit in wrapping the flask in foil as Fool suggested.

chasm369

Kiorionis
09-08-2016, 12:45 AM
As for the heat source, Roburus brought it up. I personally don't see the need, nor do I see benefit in wrapping the flask in foil as Fool suggested.

chasm369

What happens at night when there is no sun? How will you keep the "matter" from "evaporating"?

I'm assuming the 40 day time period is a natural requirement.

Chasm
09-08-2016, 02:18 AM
What happens at night when there is no sun? How will you keep the "matter" from "evaporating"?
The vessel is sealed with the mag glass using wax.

I'm assuming the 40 day time period is a natural requirement.
No, the experiment is 5-6 hrs. It's all in the previous posts.

zoas23
09-08-2016, 05:29 AM

No... he talks about TWO alternatives: using a mirror OR using a heat source... but the text doesn't talk about a heat source under the mirror (I'm not saying it's wrong to do it, but it's not what the text says).

In the case of the heat source, it is my understanding that he's talking [probably] about a clay or porcelain pot (completely luted, except for the lens)... whilst in the "mirror option", I think he is using a transparent flask (this is a bit ambiguous).

If you download the whole book (which is quite strange since it deals with an enormous diversity of subjects, even mechanics): http://www.e-rara.ch/zut/doi/10.3931/e-rara-12405

Then in the page 791 (of the pdf, not of the book) you have the Latin text...

https://s16.postimg.io/gsdduol2d/Captura_de_pantalla_2016_09_08_a_las_2_09_50_a_m.p ng
https://s16.postimg.io/m2iclz5b9/Captura_de_pantalla_2016_09_08_a_las_2_10_43_a_m.p ng

Roburus
09-09-2016, 06:07 AM
I know there are other documents describing the process, but it is a secret and do not know the names. Do you know any? There is a very short reference in the book of Fulcanelli ( Dwellings of the Philosophers) and I think also a brief indication in "Magophon". There is similarity in antique prints.

pierre
09-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Maybe you are right... about the round bottom.
If you go to this page: http://mistholme.com/?s=flask and you scroll down a bit, there is an example of an "urinal" there and its bottom is round, not fltat. The only hint that the text gives about it is actually the word "urinal".

Hi brothers... that's what we really needs:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5120/709/1600/antique%20urinal%20usa.1.jpg

Roburus
09-20-2016, 03:08 PM
I found this on Lana de Terzi manuscript, look at the figure IX

http://i63.tinypic.com/24xdlqq.jpg

alfr
09-20-2016, 06:08 PM
hi

fig IX that there is an instruction that in his volumes to make a solar gun like that famous Cavaglieri

my best regard

Vidocq
09-20-2016, 06:21 PM
I know a person who has experienced it: Rhoend has a known blog. There I put a video on that procedure.

Vidocq
09-20-2016, 06:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEBlC0kDX3c&feature=youtu.be

https://youtu.be/cEBlC0kDX3c

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-R0ja0A-p3N8/V8h5wgYi_lI/AAAAAAAACQw/vxNRpsw0tyMy6poavf--Y3LnYIsqqy72ACLcB/s640/luz%2Brhoend.jpg

JDP
09-20-2016, 08:58 PM
I found this on Lana de Terzi manuscript, look at the figure IX

http://i63.tinypic.com/24xdlqq.jpg

It looks simply like a type of "burning glass" or "burning lens", very commonly used in the "chymistry" of the late 17th century and all through the 18th century:

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/priestleylavoisier112-111015170215-phpapp02/95/priestley-lavoisier-112-16-728.jpg?cb=1318698349

Among other reasons, Homberg was famous for having used larger examples of these lenses for his "chymical" researches, which included transmutation experiments, by the way (Homberg was one of those "chymists" who staunchly defended transmutation against the increasing tide of denial of the subject during the 18th century.) By the 18th century some of these apparatuses had become humongous! They were even capable of decomposing diamonds:

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/priestleylavoisier112-111015170215-phpapp02/95/priestley-lavoisier-112-43-728.jpg?cb=1318698349

alfr
09-20-2016, 10:18 PM
hi JDP
yes all IX etc is very similar at the gun solar like that famous Cavaglieri and the resul of this apparatus are same at the apparatus of the manuscript of rose cross of solar alchemy titled arcana divina/silentium dei about it we have a long discussion in some theads here es : http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?42-Philosophical-Magnets-for-Capturing-the-Secret-Fire/page2

for Vidocq hi
i am very sorry for i must tell this BUT unfortunately ALL these "methods" with urine bones and sun glass are mere figments of the fertile imagination of one of the parties in France is posing as alchemist and that is very little esteemed by all some barilllet and selling his alleged courses by robbery prices I know the rhoedn has certainly copied from him how nice the blind man who steals from orbo we're good ....therefore a serious and good skepticism and watch out for traps are these cases are seriously needed

my best regard

garvolt2002
09-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Thanks Alfr for the advice.

Vidocq
10-04-2016, 07:54 PM
hi JDP
yes all IX etc is very similar at the gun solar like that famous Cavaglieri and the resul of this apparatus are same at the apparatus of the manuscript of rose cross of solar alchemy titled arcana divina/silentium dei about it we have a long discussion in some theads here es : http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?42-Philosophical-Magnets-for-Capturing-the-Secret-Fire/page2

for Vidocq hi
i am very sorry for i must tell this BUT unfortunately ALL these "methods" with urine bones and sun glass are mere figments of the fertile imagination of one of the parties in France is posing as alchemist and that is very little esteemed by all some barilllet and selling his alleged courses by robbery prices I know the rhoedn has certainly copied from him how nice the blind man who steals from orbo we're good ....therefore a serious and good skepticism and watch out for traps are these cases are seriously needed

my best regard

Sorry, but at least in the book does not mention anything Rhoend urine or other matter that the SM.

alfr
10-04-2016, 10:34 PM
hi vidocq rhoeden or whoever you are what makes not any difference

So if you look at the web of rhoedn is given credit barillet and its follies invented a way totally invented with pork bones urine and sunlight

http://www.rhoend.com/2016/09/la-via-secreta-de-los-huesos-y-el-fuego.html

barillet that in all of France is well known as a notorious scoundrel and inventor abstruse / imaginative forger fraudster well as merchant trader of temple the last His barillet feat is the system of internal vison that he say cagliostro was used it LOL LOL LOL to identify the numbers to play LOL LOL LOL
and in France all this well know Just take a ride in the French forum etc

and rhoeden as much credit as a web methodologies invented by this notorious scoundrel who invents abstruse formulas and crazy to sell its courses to the fish who fish from robbery prices about 350 eur ecah (and this reminds me of someone)

and these are made and posted by rhoedn credits that are incontrovertible

Book at $ 900
du certainly say that perhaps just about MS but should be checked and if we had all the book with what certainly would be very very easy to read quickly reason about and see if indeed the rhoedn succeeds with its methodologies explained in his book if rhoedn really manages to capture SM and if you capture that which instead maybe it is ONLY a simple water or ONLY simple steam ? it but that very quickly all you could do if we had and if it did not cost a robbery of $ 900
and then with cards in hand you could refute or less what he writes and see if it is a joke or if it is valid and significant and detailed if it is based on valid operation alchemical or not the book but unfortunately has a madness cost and robbery 900 dollars and so many of us not if we can afford it seriously it can analyze and evaluate the pros and cons and therefore everything is dark and with many clouds that obscure for now the figure of rhoedn

but since you're a rhoedn what we know about the new text now Rhoden also proposes the rhoedn as a link tells us that it is a text of 1700 that he thinks it is important that dovrebbre be a treatise on steam
http://www.rhoend.com/2016/10/tratado-sobre-el-vapor.html

you of this new edition of rhoedn
Treaty on Steam
so you fan of rhoedn know anything about where it came from which erc German library comes that exact title has and above all what it's about?

regard

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::

salve vidocq rhoeden o chiunque tu sia ciò fa poca differenza

dunque nel web di rhoedn se guardi viene dato credito a barillet e alle sue inventate follie di una via totalmente inventata con ossa di porco urina e raggi solari

http://www.rhoend.com/2016/09/la-via-secreta-de-los-huesos-y-el-fuego.html

barillet che in tutta la francia è ben conosciuto come notorio cialtrone e inventore astruso/fantasioso falsario nonche truffatore commerciante mercante del tempio ultima suo prodezza è il sistema per individuare con la visione interna che lui dice essere una metodologia di cagliostio LOL LOL LOL per vedere i numeri da giocare LOL LOL LOL
e in francia tutti questo ben lo sanno basta farsi un giro nei forum francesi etc

e rhoeden da molto credito nel suo web alle metodologie inventate da questo notorio cialtrone che inventa formule astruse e folli per vendere i suoi corsi ai pesci che pesca a prezzi da rapina circa 350 euro ciascuno ( e cio molto mi ricorda qualcuno )

e questi sono fatti e accrediti postati da rhoedn che sono inoppugnabili

libro a 900 dollari
certo du dici che tratta solo di SM forse ma va verificato e se avessimo tutti il libro certamente sarebbe con cio letto molto molto facile rapidamente ragionarci e verificare se veramente il rhoedn riesce con le sue metodologie spiegate nel suo libro se il rhoedn veramente riesce a catturare SM e se invece cio che cattura invece forse è SOLO che semplice acqua o SOLO che semplice vapore ? di essa ma cio molto rapidamente tutti lo si potrebbe fare se lo avessimo e se non costasse una rapina di 900 dollari
e allora con carte alla mano si potrebbe confutare o meno cio che scrive e verificare se è una buffonata o se è valido serio e circostanziato e se si basa su valide operazione alchemiche o meno ma il libro purtroppo ha un costo da follia e da rapina 900 dollari e dunque molti di noi non se lo possono ne permettere ne seriamente lo possono analizzare e valutare nei suoi pro e contro e dunque il tutto rimane oscuro e con molte nubi che offuscano per ora la figura di rhoedn

ma visto che sei un fan di rhoedn cosa ci sai dire del nuovo testo che ora rhoden inoltre propone il rhoedn nel suo link ci dice che è un testo del 1700 che lui giudica importante che dovrebbre essere un trattato sul vapore
http://www.rhoend.com/2016/10/tratado-sobre-el-vapor.html

tu di questa nuova edizione di rhoedn
trattato sul vapore

tu fan di rhoedn ne sai qualcosa da dove proviene quale biblioteca tedesca erc proviene che esatto titolo ha e sopratutto di cosa parla ?

regard

Andro
10-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Another perspective from LabyrinthDesigners.org (https://www.labyrinthdesigners.org):

Some alchemists claim to be able to condense the Spiritus Mundi from the sun inside a glass container. From my experience, in both closed and open containers, the gathered matter cannot in any case be Spiritus Mundi from the sun, but the surrounding air particles which, struck by solar radiations, get oxidized or ionized. Nothing prevents to use these matters, which, being highly magnetized, surely tend to release the Spiritus Mundi from inside. The problem is the tiny amount of gathered salt, or liquid, which is likely to be very insignificant in comparison to the amount we need to deal with dissolutions, duplications, washings, nourishments and multiplications during the subsequent works.

Andro
10-05-2016, 11:41 AM
barillet and its follies invented a way totally invented with pork bones urine and sunlight

Hi Alfr,

Many 'common' matters (preferably of the kind which contains more 'Inner Fire') can be 'magnetized' for attracting more Spirit. "Birds attract more birds".

The process of 'alchemical magnetization', however, has to follow certain laws/principles, otherwise the 'magnet' will simply not be efficient.

Therefore, I am not outright dismissing the choice of 'bones & urine', but I am not at all familiar with Stephane Barrilet and I cannot comment on the process he and Rhoend/Vidocq are promoting.

To 'magnetize' a common matter to be attractive to Spirit is different from magnetizing ferrous or rare earth minerals to become 'common' magnets for iron (like common load-stone).

Arrakis
10-10-2016, 04:04 AM
Hi Andro!
To me, 'magnetizing' a common matter to be attractive to Spirit is the main point of Alchemy (and for spiritual work). From there everything comes out by it's own.
Regards,
Arrakis

Andro
10-10-2016, 04:18 AM
Hi Andro!
To me, 'magnetizing' a common matter to be attractive to Spirit is the main point of Alchemy (and for spiritual work). From there everything comes out by it's own.
Regards,
Arrakis

Hello my friend!

Yes, it's significant... Van Helmont gave us a big (and not-so-subtle) 'tip' about this, but there are other ways... "The ways of attraction are many"...

Also, even if we don't use 'magnetization' of a specific matter per se, we still use the 'magnetizing' laws/principles...

And yes, I find it very correct when applied to "Inner Work" as well. 'Same rules apply' and all that... :cool:

It's a pleasure to see you drop by here, even if only once in a (long) while :)

Arrakis
10-10-2016, 04:23 AM
Thanks Andro! Also a pleasure to read you.

elixirmixer
10-22-2016, 10:52 AM
My sun bath, built using about 20 convex and concave mirrors, a plastic bowl and some aluminium foil.

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=950&d=1477133562

Salazius
10-22-2016, 12:31 PM
Uses of Solar presence for the Magnum Opus.

With the Sun you can get :

- A water, in this water filaments of "salt".
- A sulfur
- Seemingly kind of a salt like in the experiment of Lana Terzi, previously mentionned here. I saw once an alchemist having condense so much solar power inside an egg that he had multiples fixes crystals in it. An amazing quantity.

Now, you can use the sun's power and light in order to cook the Pulvis Solaris, so you can use the Sun, not as a provider of prime matter, but of heat, and "secret fire".

This will give the (probably) Stone of the Fire of God as stated in a R+C source (Magia Divina).

elixirmixer
10-23-2016, 10:25 PM

- A sulfur
- Seemingly kind of a salt like in the experiment of Lana Terzi, previously mentionned here. I saw once an alchemist having condense so much solar power inside an egg that he had multiples fixes crystals in it. An amazing quantity.

Now, you can use the sun's power and light in order to cook the Pulvis Solaris, so you can use the Sun, not as a provider of prime matter, but of heat, and "secret fire".

This will give the (probably) Stone of the Fire of God as stated in a R+C source (Magia Divina).

Go on.............

EDIT: How does one extract a water from the sun?

Roburus
10-27-2016, 07:10 PM

- A sulfur

Hi Salazius! its nice to see you here i always read your blog-site ;) Can you say me where to find this text R-C?

alfr
11-01-2016, 09:12 PM
hi roburus
on Lana Terzi how to continue your interesting experiments ? with the apparatus of Lana Terzi that you have built the third wool've had results ?

my best regard

Andro
11-14-2016, 10:34 AM
This is a late XVII century work... I don't think he was using Vacuum.

Maybe yes and maybe no, but the author (Francesco Lana de Terzi) was no stranger to vacuum. In fact, he drew up plans for an airship 'lifted' by means of vacuum spheres.

Quoth Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Lana_de_Terzi#Airship_design):

In 1663 Lana de Terzi developed an idea for a lighter than air vessel.

His design had a central mast to which a sail was attached, and four masts which had thin copper foil spheres attached to them: the air would be pumped out of the spheres, leaving a vacuum inside, and so being lighter than the surrounding air, would provide lift. The airship would be steered like a sailing boat. Each sphere would have had a diameter of 7.5 m (24 ft 7 in). Terzi calculated that the weight of a sphere would be 180 kg (396 lb).

He also calculated that the air in the sphere would weigh 290 kg (638 lb), and would provide enough lift to carry 6 passengers. At the time no one could manufacture such thin copper foil and the pressure of the surrounding air would have collapsed the spheres. In addition, Francesco Lana de Terzi was aware that one could use such a vehicle as a weapon of war, and attack cities from air. He wrote: “God will never allow that such a machine be built… because everybody realizes that no city would be safe from raids… iron weights, fireballs and bombs could be hurled from a great height".

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/Flying_boat.png

Francesco Lana de Terzi's flying boat concept c.1670

The fact that these vacuum spheres were physically impossible was proven in 1710 by Gottfried William Leibniz (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gottfried_Leibniz), and such a vessel has never been built. Although Leibniz's conclusion was made based on the materials known at the time, the discovery of graphene (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene) and recent advances in its production may render this conclusion obsolete. A model of Lana de Terzi's invention is on display at the Smithsonian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithsonian_Institution) National Air and Space Museum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Air_and_Space_Museum) in Washington DC.

zoas23
11-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Maybe yes and maybe no, but the author (Francesco Lana de Terzi) was no stranger to vacuum. In fact, he drew up plans for an airship 'lifted' by means of vacuum spheres.

Quoth Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Lana_de_Terzi#Airship_design):

Oh, you are right. I meant in his "artifice V"... since he speaks about using flour and water (bread paste) to attach a lens to the vessel... So I don´t think he was using vacuum for that specific experiment, though such thing does not mean that using vacuum is a bad idea, I was just thinking of what he was doing. The type of vessels he suggests are quite unsuitable for vacuum... but such thing does not mean that it is wrong to give it a try. My comments were done mostly thinking of how he describes his "device" and how incredibly complicated would be to use vacuum if we follow his instructions in a literal way and using the devices he suggests (which are described in quite a clear way).

Leibniz.... a person I would have LOVED to meet.

Murgen
11-14-2016, 02:06 PM
That is just how I consider the thing but for me, in the Solar Path, Vacuum is an optional development, a kind of fine tuning (Even if it seems to be a key for pure SM attraction but that's an other problem).

For example, considering solarized water, some people use a magnetic field to speed up the solar charge in the liquid.
Similarly, I personnaly think that the vacuum can speed up the solar corporification but is not a necessity : it depends if you have a whole day to spend in front of your vessel.

I've tried with the vacuum and without : I didn't get anything. But I just spend maximum 2 hours each day that I've experieced that method (Belgium is called the country of the rain !).

Roburus
01-03-2017, 06:14 AM
The vacuum is not necessary, i know alchemists who have managed to obtain the pulvis solaris without emptiness. The most important thing is the sun and the disposition of the lenses. This path does not work the same for everyone, it has to do with the region where it is carried out.

Kiorionis
01-03-2017, 06:44 AM
I would say the vacuum is implicit in this case...

zoas23
01-03-2017, 08:22 AM
I would say the vacuum is implicit in this case...

I've done something strange... a private poll.
I asked people I trust if they use the Terzi method (i.e, people who I know are not liars).
I asked the ones who said "yes" where they live and how much "white powder" they have obtained and how long it took them to obtain it.

The results of the poll, after asking a lot of persons, are very consistent:

-Nobody is using vacuum for the sun.... and the ones who used vacuum then turned to non-vacuum devices and got better results.
-The ones who live closer to the terrestrial Equator get by far better results than the ones who live further (i.e, closer to the north or the south).
-The ones who live in humid places get by far better results than the ones who live in zones of dry weathers.
I believe that nobody lied to me because I didn't tell anyone which ones were my "assumptions" and the "informal poll" didn't have a single "exception" or "strange case".

What I found is:
-If you live in a tropical humid area... go for it!!!!
-If you live in a mildly warn and mildly humid area... be patient!!!
-If you live in a cold area near the south pole or the north pole... don't even waste your time... the results of the ones I asked who live in places like that are that they got nothing.

In short... if you look outside and it looks like this:
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000UGE19jUx2oM/s/650/650/Upper-Amazon-Basin-Banos-Ecuador.jpg

Go for it!!!!

If you look outside and it looks like this:
http://www.whudat.de/images/uk_photography_01.jpg

Then forget about it...

MY informal poll has shown me that geography (latitude) and the weather (warmth and humidity) matter a lot for this specific path.
(also, that vacuum is NOT a key here for the sun, but quite the opposite).

Roburus
01-03-2017, 06:36 PM
I have the true solar salt. I can not say much about it, but i have show it to certain true alchemists as proof of the truth of this way. I got it by following Lana de Terzi's instructions. Nothing else. As I said, the vacuum is not necessary, but it can be used. The summary of Zoas is very accurate.

alfr
01-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Thanks zoas23 very good alchemical climate poll
and ruburus very interestimg now how long time you have applying the method given by lana terzi in artificium V for have got the precious true solar salt? days or weeks or months ?

have you test it solar salt ?

my best regard

Schmuldvich
01-03-2017, 08:05 PM
I have the true solar salt.
What are you able to do with it?

garvolt2002
01-03-2017, 10:12 PM
Wonderful news how long did the operation take to arrive at the matter?

Murgen
01-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Very interesting, thanks Zoas.

For those who live quite far away from tropical zones (which is my situation), an idea could be to use a strong fresnel lens.

Best I found : http://www.greenpowerscience.com/SHOPFRESNELHOME.html

To compensate more the bad geographical situation, we can maybe add mirrors around, even parabolic ones.

That way, it would be infuriating if fresnel lens + parabolic mirror in Belgium can't reach the strenght of a normal big lens in Mexico.

Has someone tried with a turning flask ?

Kiorionis
01-04-2017, 04:18 PM
(also, that vacuum is NOT a key here for the sun, but quite the opposite).

Curious, they're not even using a symbolic 'vacuum' like magnetism?

Good reply though. I live in the north, and our summers are barely long enough to grow grain. Some fruit trees (apples and small berries mostly).

elixirmixer
01-05-2017, 04:28 AM
I believe the correct way to do this, is with a regular magnifying glass, a mirror under the round bottom flask, and a heat source under the mirror.

I know thats not what the text says, but thats one of the bigger-est problems around here, people keep believing the same blokes-(aussie word for men) who are obviously trying to keep the secrets ;-)

It is a far better method (IMO) to study a path via its direct correspondences in nature, not through missleading text, they are just there to get you in the right ball park. We are in Malkuth are we not? And is not the virtue of Malkuth Action? We dont find these great mysteries simply by talking about them and reading books. The books are just treasure maps, but you still have to dig.

Schmuldvich
01-05-2017, 04:56 AM
We dont find these great mysteries simply by talking about them and reading books. The books are just treasure maps, but you still have to dig.

Well put!

After nearly a decade of serious study, 2017 is the year I start to put my knowledge to the test and begin the Great Work, very little of which I will share publicly. I finished building my lab December 31, 2016 (and it is oh so small). If I see results by 2023 I will be a happy man; shooting by the latest to have something tangibly profound in my hands by 2024, the year that I turn a certain age that I happen to deem monumentally significant....Assuming life, love, family, and children do not impede my current trajectory of course! It's funny how life works out sometimes. I predict many hardship, failures, discouragement, trials, tests, and aggravations to come. I am ready though and will be ecstatic when I finally get to see my work parallel the words of the Sages.

elixirmixer
01-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Same same, 2017 I want my first batch of SM.

I've been on this path 12 years and I've had enough messing around. I am still building my lab as it had to be packed up ect... but this time it is concreted in and will be a permanent lab for the next 8 years.

Back on topic here, my next experiment, I will try producing un-specified Sulfur of Sol.

I'm unsure how to move forward in this path after that, other than to potentially create Sulfur of Luna, which honestly i'm not sure is possible yet in an un-specified state, but I'm pretty sure it is, because I know that the Sulfur of Sol is.

Anyone else going top try and replicate this experiment?

Joshua
07-30-2017, 11:49 PM
I just tried this yesterday with my big fresnel lens and a clean liter flask closed with cotton. I covered half the flask with aluminum foil and irradiated the empty flask for an hour or so. White powder is evident on the interior. On the exterior, a thin layer of clear viscous fluid was deposited across a substantial part of the exposed surface. There may be a bit of the fluid also on the interior, but it is not as significant. Pics just posted on my facebook (https://www.facebook.com/josh.gulick). How can I improve for experiment 2?

abdo
07-31-2017, 05:37 AM
I know a person who has experienced it: Rhoend has a known blog. There I put a video on that procedure.

In R A M collection the HYLEUNDOCOAHYL page 59 you will find the full path. Collecting the salt(using mirror) and collecting the water(from the air ) from them how to get a liquid dissolves gold. the complete path to the stone is mentioned.

"Take a beautiful, round, framed mirror, which should be in size and depth like the scale of a balance, and also in sucha form and depth that the sun’s rays can converge in its center. Let this mirror stand for only a few days under the open sky, when the sun shines hottest (NB. At night, it is to be put away.) Then in the center of the mirror, a snowhite Sal Comm. will gather, which can be scraped off with a knife into a small glass bowl. Of that Sal comm. several ounces can be collected in a short time"

Schmuldvich
07-31-2017, 07:04 AM
In R A M collection the HYLEUNDOCOAHYL page 59 you will find the full path. Collecting the salt(using mirror) and collecting the water(from the air ) from them how to get a liquid dissolves gold. the complete path to the stone is mentioned.

"Take a beautiful, round, framed mirror, which should be in size and depth like the scale of a balance, and also in sucha form and depth that the sun’s rays can converge in its center. Let this mirror stand for only a few days under the open sky, when the sun shines hottest (NB. At night, it is to be put away.) Then in the center of the mirror, a snowhite Sal Comm. will gather, which can be scraped off with a knife into a small glass bowl. Of that Sal comm. several ounces can be collected in a short time"

Have you been able to collect any of this salt yourself, or do you know anyone who has?

Do you know anyone or have you yourself been able to do what is stated in "Hyle & Coahyle" with this salt (dissolve common gold), abdo?

Joshua
07-31-2017, 06:16 PM
Thanks, Abdo! That is a good text! Schmuldvich, I just tested and can add my verification that a clear fluid and powder can be generated in this fashion. I cannot verify if it is ionic or not, however.

Schmuldvich
07-31-2017, 09:03 PM
Schmuldvich, I just tested and can add my verification that a clear fluid and powder can be generated in this fashion. I cannot verify if it is ionic or not, however.

A clear fluid can be generated out of what?

A powder can be generated out of what?

I am curious, what does ionicity have to do with anything and why is that relevant?

"Hyle & Coahyle" is great! I highly suggest reading the entire text.

Joshua
07-31-2017, 09:43 PM
A clear fluid can be generated out of what?

A powder can be generated out of what?

I am curious, what does ionicity have to do with anything and why is that relevant?

"Hyle & Coahyle" is great! I highly suggest reading the entire text.

I do not know what they are generated from. Air, light, possibly the glass? I have also experienced a grease which would continuously manifest in the tight space between a mason jar of flowers of sulfur and alcohol refluxing and the top of the cup warmer it was on in my basement. Perhaps it would have happened with an empty jar as well?

abdo
07-31-2017, 10:33 PM
Thanks, Abdo! That is a good text!
My plesure. I dont have facebook account to see your experiment. Would you puplish it here. I was going to put some pictures to this forum but I dont know how.

Schmuldvich
07-31-2017, 10:45 PM
I do not know what they are generated from. Air, light, possibly the glass? I have also experienced a grease which would continuously manifest in the tight space between a mason jar of flowers of sulfur and alcohol refluxing and the top of the cup warmer it was on in my basement. Perhaps it would have happened with an empty jar as well?

Thank you for the response! I am not asking what the salt is generated from--you do not know and I do not know. This is OK. I was asking what "clear fluid and powder" you were referencing that "can be generated". I was not sure if you were referring to the salts inside the flask or if you were using the salts you manifested inside the flask to "generate" a fluid or powder from gold (the goal of the experiment, right?).

It seems you have manifested a powder (salt), liquid, and grease.

Can you or anyone you know accomplish anything worthwhile with any of these substances you have manifested?

My plesure. I dont have facebook account to see your experiment. Would you puplish it here. I was going to put some pictures to this forum but I dont know how.

See this thread, "Posting Images & Videos" (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2933-Posting-Images-amp-Videos). Essentially you go to www.imgur.com, upload your picture(s), copy the "direct link" of your image (usually i.imgur.com/xxx.jpg), you can find the direct link of your image by right clicking on your uploaded picture and "open in new tab" copying the url in your browser bar, and then put the link inside of brackets in your post on this message board, like this:

[I]i.imgur.com/xxx.jpg

...Abdo, were you able to collect any of this salt yourself? Do you know anyone who has been able to manifest the substance referenced in "Hyle & Coahyle"? Did the substance perform as claimed by the text and dissolve common gold?

Andro
08-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Image-embedding related posts have been moved HERE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2933-Posting-Images-amp-Videos&p=50442#post50442).

Please read that thread entirely and learn how to embed images in your posts. It's all explained there in great detail, multiple times, by quite a few people. So please READ that thread before complaining about not being able to post/embed images.

Joshua
08-01-2017, 09:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/k3k8PQm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OBDsbhD.jpg
after an hour or so
http://i.imgur.com/yCvo7PC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X1sy9ep.jpg
Can you see the clear fluid on the flask?

abdo
08-01-2017, 11:29 AM
I just tried this yesterday with my big fresnel lens and a clean liter flask closed with cotton. I covered half the flask with aluminum foil and irradiated the empty flask for an hour or so.
Good pictures.
To which side was the shining side of the aluminum foil? I believe it should be sticked to the glass side to reflect sun ray.
I think you can get the water by applying the lens on the neck of the vessile and cooling the vessile body.

links may help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2u7RvbWMc&t=6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEBlC0kDX3c&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vCS41Q0Eig&t=3s

Schmuldvich
08-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Lovely pictures, Joshua! Awesome fresnel lens! Did you construct it yourself?

What are your next steps?

I think you can get the water by applying the lens on the neck of the vessile and cooling the vessile body.
In your opinion, in what way does this differ from ordinary condensation?

Joshua
08-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Thanks Abdo and Schmuldvich. The shiny side of the foil was towards the interior of the flask. The lens is the front of a Mitsubishi television mounted on my DIY base. It is not water. Assuming it is not weird calcined bugs or dust or aerial algae, etc., perhaps it is a component(s) of air which have a solubility in air that is reduced by heating the air causing them to precipitate out and deposit on anything nearby that is cool enough not to evaporate them again. Perhaps a reaction is occurring with the light/heat causing a portion of the air to change into something which is not soluble in the air. Is it manifest from the light itself somehow? Please consider and suggest what else could it be? If you look closely, it looks to me like the air is glowing in front of the flask. Could that be a camera artifact? This "water" is like clear gum and does evaporate pretty quickly with a little butane flame, leaving a bit of a whitish stain on the glass indicating that it is not homogeneous. My next steps are to hypothesize causes and explore them with some more experiments so that I can understand and optimize easy production. Let's do it together. :-) Or is it a secret?

Post 100! Woot!

Kibric
08-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Hello Joshua

This " water " does it have a crystalline structure on closer inspection ?

Take some purified Air-Salt, put it into an iron vessel and let it gradually melt
never could put my finger on that..

Liquid crystals are further characterised into different mesophases depending upon the degree of orientational and positional order that they possess. Some liquid crystals may only exhibit one particular type of liquid crystal mesophase, whilst others may exhibit many different phases at different temperatures. In the following section, some of the common phases of calamatic liquid crystals (ie: rod-shaped) are described, although some of these phases have anaolgies in discotic and sanidic (ie: planar-shaped) liquid crystals also.

http://www-g.eng.cam.ac.uk/CMMPE/lcintro2.html

Joshua
08-01-2017, 11:47 PM
It does not seem to have any crystalline structure that I can detect visually at 10x and it behaves like a non-flowing very viscous fluid/sap/gum/taffy and is not wet. That said, the photo on the link you shared of the nemitic phase seems to share some visual similarities to what it looks like on the surface. Are there any components of air that form liquid crystals? Very interesting!

abdo
08-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Dehumidifier devices maybe a good solution to collect both salt and water. Both available in air. The dust and salt particles will stuck to the dehumidifier`s filter and the water from the humid to the dehumidifier`s water tank. Washing the dehumidifier`s filter with distilled water, filter it from dust then evaporate it may get the salt. If this is true then we have an easy way to collect salt and water.
Note: Collecting should be in the hot hours.

elixirmixer
08-09-2017, 06:12 AM
So I tried this experiment with a magnifying glass, a mirror, a heatsource, and a dry empty flask. It was pretty cold. Nothing happened after about 45 mins and I got bored and went home.

Any suggestions?

JDP
08-09-2017, 08:27 AM
So I tried this experiment with a magnifying glass, a mirror, a heatsource, and a dry empty flask. It was pretty cold. Nothing happened after about 45 mins and I got bored and went home.

Did you really expect such nonsense to work?

Any suggestions?

Yes: forget the Frankenstein-like gimmicks. Alchemy does not work like that. It has to do with certain reactions between certain substances in certain proportions and under certain conditions. Alchemy uses flasks, retorts, alembics, crucibles, etc. to manipulate substances. No need for fanciful Frankenstein-like contraptions.

elixirmixer
08-09-2017, 09:53 AM
JDP, you seem to have a huge backround in Alchemy, but I cant for the life of me figure out what it is your doing in your lab... If your not a fan of the SM paths, would you care to give a ruff idea of where your getting YOUR mercury? Do you believe it to be a moisture extract from some mineral or something?

People have reported a white powder from conducting similar experiments, and I believe this powder to be a superior form of sulphur for our work.

I am always happy to take advice from those more experienced, however its a lot like axis said the other day, people are happy to "help" by telling me that im doing all wrong, but not so willing to actually help me move in better directions.

What is your advice JDP, or if you prefer not to share things openly, feel free to PM me about your methods privately. I'm a keeper of secrets.

Luxus
08-09-2017, 10:59 AM
"The Rosicrucians claimed to be able to see such elemental spirits. To be admitted to their society, it was previously necessary for the eyes to be purged with the Panacea or "Universal Medicine," a legendary alchemical substance with miraculous curative powers. As well, glass globes would be prepared with one of the four elements and for one month exposed to beams of sunlight. With these steps the initiated would see innumerable beings immediately. These beings, known as elementals, were said to be longer lived than man but ceased to exist upon death. However, if the elemental were to wed a mortal, they would become immortal. This exception seemed to work in reverse when it came to immortals, though, for if an elemental were to wed an immortal being, the immortal would gain the mortality of the elemental. One of the conditions of joining the Rosicrucians however, was a vow of chastity in hopes of marrying an elemental."
https://archive.org/details/livesnecromance04godwgoog

I was thinking that the heat source mentioned may have been used to create the vacuum. I'm sure you all remember the vacuum can crush experiment you must all have observed at school? Another alternative would be to use alcohol, light it and quickly put the lens over the mouth of the jar. The vacuum created will suck the lens tightly to the jar. The only reason why you would bother putting a paste around the rim of a jar would be if you intended creating a vacuum, otherwise why bother?

JDP
08-09-2017, 05:26 PM
JDP, you seem to have a huge backround in Alchemy, but I cant for the life of me figure out what it is your doing in your lab... If your not a fan of the SM paths, would you care to give a ruff idea of where your getting YOUR mercury? Do you believe it to be a moisture extract from some mineral or something?

People have reported a white powder from conducting similar experiments, and I believe this powder to be a superior form of sulphur for our work.

I am always happy to take advice from those more experienced, however its a lot like axis said the other day, people are happy to "help" by telling me that im doing all wrong, but not so willing to actually help me move in better directions.

What is your advice JDP, or if you prefer not to share things openly, feel free to PM me about your methods privately. I'm a keeper of secrets.

I already pretty much explained what the actual "modus operandi" of the alchemists was: they mixed certain substances together in certain proportions, proceeded to put them inside glass vessels and administered controlled heats to them and then "watched" to see what happens. There is nothing more to it. Forget about waiting for "Divine Revelations" that will never come, or "following nature" for something that she herself does NOT produce, or inexistent, purely imaginary "powders" or "spirits" that magically "materialize" from thin air, and the like such speculative romantic fairy tales that will never get you anywhere. Alchemy is real and it works by using real methods and handling real substances. That's how the alchemists discovered what they discovered. Of course, most combinations of substances will FAIL to produce the desired reactions and byproducts. No one said that it is easy to stumble upon the right combination of substances. So get ready to have to repeat these basic procedures with all manner of substances and combinations in a very tedious process of elimination. The majority of seekers simply do not make it through this battery of trial & error tests (some die of old age or accidental causes before they have had time to stumble upon the right combinations, others simply get tired of so much failure and just quit, or out of desperation plunge into the realm of fantasies, like "Pulvis Solaris" or "Spiritus Mundi".) It takes a special kind of very persistent and determined empirical experimenter to make it through such a tedious investigative task.

zoas23
08-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Did you really expect such nonsense to work?

There is no need to "expect" something... It simply works, though not in 45 minutes.
I know that a flask, a mirror and a lens is something very complicated and only Frankenstein would do such thing, mostly due to the costs... a lens costs something like a million dollars and the mirrors are even more expensive.

Using a medium inside the flask speeds up the whole thing, though it only makes it faster, not necessarily better.

A new definition of empiricism: discarding a priori anything that doesn't match your ideas.

Luxus
08-09-2017, 08:37 PM
After further consideration it is very possible this white powder is just silica dioxide formed from vaporising very small quantity of the glass. This vapour would then condense as a fine powder(and silica is white). If this is the case then using a large lenses and cooling the wall of the glass away fron the focal point should result in higher yield of the powder.

elixirmixer
08-09-2017, 09:57 PM
JDP, are you 100% positive that these "ways" are alchemical?

I know that someone developed a really really cool bio-reactor that has special microbes that bio-transmute gold. However I don't count that as alchemy, since another life form is doing all the work for you.

Do you believe that there is actually a combination of substances, that, when putrefied, distilled and re-combined, they will turn base metals into gold?

May I ask if you have witnessed a trasmutatio. Via these methods, since you seem very confident that "they work".

This leads me again (if JDP really is getting transmutation from common substances) to believe that three is NOT ONE WAY. Because we obviously have reported successes comin from opposite ends of the scale...?

hermetically speaking, any Quintessense made from Tinture, and Volatized Salts, should have the ability to ingress a substance and invoke change. IMO

elixirmixer
08-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Now, back to the powders, what it MOST LIKELY is going to be is a nitrogen carbon compound made by a momentary spot in the thriple covenant bond in nitrogen and then reaction with carbon in the tract amounts of carbon di-oxide. It could also be cyanide, if the nitrous were to bond with hydrogen. It could be a mix of a few things!

However, I'm almost certain it contains nitrogen as it's active element. It is after all our celestial nitre

elixirmixer
08-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Thank you also Zoas for your confident encouragement that this is a valid practise. I suffered serious alchemically induced depression again yesterday when I failed.

elixirmixer
08-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Now, Rhoend, when he thought I was going to buy his expensive book, started to divulging information relating to this powder.

I will go through those emails and look for any more clues, but his big one was making sure you have a heat source at the bottom.

Question is, how hot does it have to be?

I COMPLETELY dried my flask, so that no moisture was present, perhaps this is counterproductive....

Discussion from any and all with experience on this would be much appreciated, anything that stops me from crying on my shower floor, due to being such a failure of an alchemist is always greatly remembered.

THINK NITROGEN!

zoas23
08-09-2017, 10:47 PM
After further consideration it is very possible this white powder is just silica dioxide formed from vaporising very small quantity of the glass. This vapour would then condense as a fine powder(and silica is white). If this is the case then using a large lenses and cooling the wall of the glass away fron the focal point should result in higher yield of the powder.

It's a good theory, but the practice will show that it's wrong because of many reasons.
One of them is that you can completely fill a vessel and it wouldn't be like that if it was an oxidation.
There are other reasons to discard this idea, though it makes sense a priori... but the practice will show that it is wrong.

Thank you also Zoas for your confident encouragement that this is a valid practise. I suffered serious alchemically induced depression again yesterday when I failed.

You have to learn that some things don't take 45 minutes...
Other than that, it's a nice way/path... but I have to confess that I am not a rabid fan of it.
Finally, if you don't have a tropical sun, then it is easier and faster using a medium.
Last, but not least, the sun has a counterpart (well... it has 2, but I mean the most obvious one).

JDP
08-09-2017, 11:16 PM
JDP, are you 100% positive that these "ways" are alchemical?

Yes, that's what the alchemist had available for conducting his investigations. They did not have Frankenstein-like contraptions. Just crucibles, retorts, alembics, flasks, aludels, furnaces, etc.

I know that someone developed a really really cool bio-reactor that has special microbes that bio-transmute gold. However I don't count that as alchemy, since another life form is doing all the work for you.

Not only is this NOT alchemy, but the microbes do not "transmute" anything into gold either. They just recover gold that is already there in a combined form. It is just a mere recovering of gold.

Do you believe that there is actually a combination of substances, that, when putrefied, distilled and re-combined, they will turn base metals into gold?

Yes, more or less. That is how the alchemists operated.

May I ask if you have witnessed a trasmutatio. Via these methods, since you seem very confident that "they work".

I have achieved transmutations using "chymical" (or "particular", as some of the old authors also called them) methods, which work by employing similar apparatuses and operations as those available to the alchemists, but, of course, they do not produce the Stone. They pale in comparison to the amounts of silver and gold that the Stone can make. In fact, the majority of these processes cannot even give a profit for the operator, as the time and expenditure to carry them out end up costing more than the amount of silver or gold produced. The majority of such "chymical" processes therefore only serve to prove the reality of transmutation. Some "chymists" were in fact kind enough to describe some of these processes in TOTALLY CLEAR LANGUAGE, so anyone could easily repeat them and see for themselves the reality of transmutation, but they also kindly warn the reader that he will actually end up losing money, not gaining any, since the amount of precious metal obtained is too small to cover the costs of producing them. The Stone is very peculiarly difficult to figure out how to make, since a more limited number of substances & combinations will produce it, and the alchemists have also written in a manner more difficult to investigate, while "chymical" (or "particular") transmutations can work with a comparatively larger number of substances and the "chymists" generally wrote in a clearer fashion. But, unfortunately, many of them also INUNDATED the literature with a VERITABLE FLOOD OF FALSE PROCESSES, so don't think that just because some "chymists" wrote the truth plainly it means that the subject is easy to investigate. I myself up to some years ago was still under the MISTAKEN OPINION that transmutation was "impossible" except through the Stone. I was being misled by both my own failures to obtain any gold or silver from the "particular" processes I had tested up to then, and also by the bulk of alchemists and their fanatical & stubborn denial of any transmutation that was not made by the Philosophers' Stone, but the empirical evidence provided by certain honest "chymists" totally convinced me otherwise in the end. May "God" (if "He" really exists) bless these unusually candid and generous "chymists" for having spoken THE NAKED TRUTH, PLAINLY, WITH NO "TRAPS" OF ANY KIND, to enable anyone to find out the empirical truth of transmutation for themselves. Thanks to them, and to my own further ongoing investigations based on their kind "leads", today I am very well aware that gold can be produced from silver (the metal REALLY "closest" to gold, and not mercury or platinum, no matter what modern physicists and ordinary chemists think with all their "atomic/nuclear" speculations/theories), and silver from lead, copper, bismuth and tin, no "Philosophers' Stone" or "atom smashers" needed, no matter what many very stubborn alchemists pretended otherwise, or how many equally stubborn modern ordinary chemists (like Vladimir Karpenko, whose audacious but VERY SPECULATIVE AND UNINFORMED "assertions" on this subject always make me chuckle) keep trying to conjure up as "explanations" to try to deny the subject (like the old & tired perennial excuse that alleged "impurities" in the substances employed are the "real" reason for the "apparent transmutations".)

This leads me again (if JDP really is getting transmutation from common substances) to believe that three is NOT ONE WAY. Because we obviously have reported successes comin from opposite ends of the scale...?

There is more than one "way" to make the Stone, but these few "ways" that actually work are all RELATED, they all revolve around the composition and utilization of the secret solvent, or "mercury", or "water" (or whatever you want to call it) of the alchemists.

hermetically speaking, any Quintessense made from Tinture, and Volatized Salts, should have the ability to ingress a substance and invoke change. IMO

Fairy tales. Not all such operations will work. The majority of substances simply fail to achieve any transmutation, either "chymical" or alchemical.

Schmuldvich
08-10-2017, 12:26 AM

Silver ---> Gold is already being done by scientific means with modern equipment, but this has no interest to me. This may interest/encourage you: http://www.human-resonance.org/silver-gold.html

http://i.imgur.com/DJI4Gla.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H7pgHtZ.jpg

Now, Rhoend, when he thought I was going to buy his expensive book, started to divulging information relating to this powder.

I will go through those emails and look for any more clues, but his big one was making sure you have a heat source at the bottom.

Rhoend (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/member.php?8755-Rhoend) is complete fool, charlatan, and scammer.

Please do not be duped into buying any of the phony work this fraud is selling.

Schmuldvich
08-10-2017, 12:56 AM
Any and all with experience on this would be much appreciated, anything that stops me from crying on my shower floor, due to being such a failure of an alchemist is always greatly remembered.!
READ.

For the next year, every waking moment you are not feeding yourself or your child, read the words of the Sages. Never watch TV. Never hang out with friends. Never go online on this forum. Simply...READ.

When you are not peeing or pooing...READ. Literally, for the next year, when you are not caring for your family do nothing for yourself other than READ. You need a good foundation for later. READ. READ. READ!

You have tons of disposable income apparently (and you just stopped drinking alcohol smoking cigarettes). Spend that money on the R.A.M.S. Collection (http://ramsdigital.com/buy.html) right now ($54AU) . No second thoughts. No thinking about it. Do it right now.

While waiting for R.A.M.S. to come in (which is not going to help you much more than reading what is already freely available online) take time out of your day and fill your mind what is freely available to you. Print the books out if you must! Do whatever it takes!

No YouTube, no Facebook, no Netflix, no movies, no radio, no internet forums, no other research...NOTHING! How dedicated are you?? How bad to you really want this??

http://www.rexresearch.com/alchindx.htm

JDP
08-10-2017, 02:47 AM
READ.

For the next year, every waking moment you are not feeding yourself or your child, read the words of the Sages. Never watch TV. Never hang out with friends. Never go online on this forum. Simply...READ.

When you are not peeing or pooing...READ. Literally, for the next year, when you are not caring for your family do nothing for yourself other than READ. You need a good foundation for later. READ. READ. READ!

You have tons of disposable income apparently (and you just stopped drinking alcohol smoking cigarettes). Spend that money on the R.A.M.S. Collection (http://ramsdigital.com/buy.html) right now ($54AU) . No second thoughts. No thinking about it. Do it right now.

While waiting for R.A.M.S. to come in (which is not going to help you much more than reading what is already freely available online) take time out of your day and fill your mind what is freely available to you. Print the books out if you must! Do whatever it takes!

No YouTube, no Facebook, no Netflix, no movies, no radio, no internet forums, no other research...NOTHING! How dedicated are you?? How bad to you really want this??

If this guy has as much economic resources as he claims, he does not need to rely on already available translations. He could easily hire a few good translators and have a lot of the mass of alchemical literature that still remains virtually unexplored in Greek, Arabic, Latin and German translated into English. I am not as wealthy as that guy seems to be, and I have already commissioned a bunch of translations of texts that previously were only available in those languages. Yes, that's how committed I am to this subject.

theFool
08-10-2017, 05:36 AM
Silver ---> Gold is already being done by scientific means with modern equipment, but this has no interest to me. This may interest/encourage you: http://www.human-resonance.org/silver-gold.html
This has nothing to do with science. The guy who first started this story is known scammer.
Also, in the site you provided we can read about its creator:

"I pulled my eyes away from the century-old black-and-white photograph asking myself - am I the reincarnation of Nikola Tesla?"
and:
"Far more suggestive of karmic ties than mere physical resemblance is the continuance of Nikola Tesla's research in my completion of his unpublished theorem of terrestrial infrasound standing waves."

But when we look at the "works" link of this site we see that the author is only an artist who has no works on engineering or on scientific stuff.

JDP
08-10-2017, 06:03 AM
This has nothing to do with science. The guy who first started this story is known scammer.
Also, in the site you provided we can read about its creator:

"I pulled my eyes away from the century-old black-and-white photograph asking myself - am I the reincarnation of Nikola Tesla?"
and:
"Far more suggestive of karmic ties than mere physical resemblance is the continuance of Nikola Tesla's research in my completion of his unpublished theorem of terrestrial infrasound standing waves."

But when we look at the "works" link of this site we see that the author is only an artist who has no works on engineering or on scientific stuff.

Yes, anything coming from "Dr." Joe Champion is HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS.

Luxus
08-10-2017, 06:05 PM
READ.

That is a hell of a lot of text to chew through (8gig!) I would not be able to do that, I think I would end up in the psych ward! I purchased a few CD Alchemical collections on Ebay and Amazon and I will never get through them either. In the old days most alchemists did not have access to such a huge volume of text. Luckily I have managed to understand most of the procedure without needing to read the huge amount of text you have had to. I knew what the first matter of the alchemists was when I was perhaps 19 years old, I knew what the secret solvent was when in my very early 20s....even if you know this dont think you are home and dry , there is much to be learned in the cooking process and this is what I am stuck on at the moment.

Schmuldvich
08-10-2017, 06:44 PM
That is a hell of a lot of text to chew through (8gig!) I would not be able to do that, I think I would end up in the psych ward! I purchased a few CD Alchemical collections on Ebay and Amazon and I will never get through them either. In the old days most alchemists did not have access to such a huge volume of text. Luckily I have managed to understand most of the procedure without needing to read the huge amount of text you have had to. I knew what the first matter of the alchemists was when I was perhaps 19 years old, I knew what the secret solvent was when in my very early 20s....even if you know this dont think you are home and dry , there is much to be learned in the cooking process and this is what I am stuck on at the moment.

Eh, if you read for 30+hrs. a week you can get through the whole RAMS Collection pretty quickly. Didn't take long for me to read 90% of the texts. Admittedly, not very much is learned through the RAMS Collection that is not already freely available online.

Do you believe there is a difference between our First Matter and Universal Solvent?

Illen A. Cluf
08-10-2017, 07:05 PM
I knew what the first matter of the alchemists was when I was perhaps 19 years old, I knew what the secret solvent was when in my very early 20s....even if you know this dont think you are home and dry , there is much to be learned in the cooking process and this is what I am stuck on at the moment.

Never be so sure of what you think it might be. Let me guess: you think that the first matter is antimony, and that the solvent is urine. Correct?

Hellin Hermetist
08-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Rhoend (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/member.php?8755-Rhoend) is complete fool, charlatan, and scammer.

Seems that you thought that you have found another adept and spent your precious money to buy his book. Be more careful next time.

alfr
08-10-2017, 07:20 PM
hi every body elixirmixer Schmuldvich etc

as i have just say in different my post the philosophical sovent is the true key

so let's go some really in to concrete of this key

To understand the solvent philosophical secret which is the basis for much of the alchemical work a suggestion to understand its operation are the very explicit manuscripts of the Parisian disciple of the famous alchimist raimondo lullo

http://jbc.bj.uj.edu.pl/dlibra/docmetadata?id=195180&from=publication&showContent=true

http://brbl-dl.library.yale.edu/vufind/Record/3792464

And also always on that explicit and explanatory line of operating methodologies to obtain the philosophical solvent etc are of utmost importance the Weidenfeld writings the secret of the adepts

http://www.abardoncompanion.de/Alex/Weidenfeld.pdf

And especially for the operation on spiritus wines philosophici
His little known but very generous and extremely operative and enlightening is his prodromus

https://www.scribd.com/document/341659938/From-Weidenfeld-s-Prodromus-Libri-Secundi-1

And especially I think it would be very interesting to deepen the practice of mortificated of one oleosum with acidum Or ethanol and acidum that these are The fundamental basis From which they developed and nourished them with various salts mineral and metal etc will be obtained the true solvent philosophical indicated by the ancient

so Simply read them and in these texts the secret keys as make philosophical menstrum and solar magnet etc are given in an explicit and clearly operative way just read them

It would be interesting for them all to deepen these extremely generous and truly enlightening writings

my best regard

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::

ps rhoend on it
i agree is full and his books are crazy and invenction (see the last presentaion of hin last book is total crazy see http://www.rhoend.com/2017/08/de-excesos-la-gran-obra.html total total crazy ) and it is by many time i say always this
the rhoend is only one complete fool, charlatan, and scammer.

Schmuldvich
08-10-2017, 08:34 PM

ps rhoend on it
i agree is full and his books are crazy and invenction (see the last presentaion of hin last book is total crazy see http://www.rhoend.com/2017/08/de-excesos-la-gran-obra.html total total crazy ) and it is by many time i say always this
the rhoend is only one complete fool, charlatan, and scammer.

Seems that you thought that you have found another adept and spent your precious money to buy his book. Be more careful next time.

Yeah right!! 5 minutes of research on Rhoend and anyone can tell that he is dishonest, deceitful, and fraudulently selling his work to gullible and desperate individuals who know nothing about Alchemy. I would never even consider buying anything from this moron.

Have you looked at any of Rhoend (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/member.php?8755-Rhoend)'s "works"? What a joke...!!!

For the record, to date I have spent less than $50 on my Alchemy lab and maybe $100 on books (RAMS and such...). One need not speed much money to Succeed.

hi every body

as i have just say in different my post the philosophical sovent is the true key

very explicit manuscripts of the Parisian disciple of the famous alchimist raimondo lullo

http://jbc.bj.uj.edu.pl/dlibra/docmetadata?id=195180&from=publication&showContent=true

It would be interesting for them all to deepen these extremely generous and truly enlightening writings

If only I could read Latin... :(

Gotta say, those dicks (fingers) on the sides of some of the pages are funny!

Nice pelican though!

http://i.imgur.com/TyUSPuY.jpg

...Can anyone translate this table for me?

http://i.imgur.com/ig4iI8m.jpg

...A translation of this explication would be nice too!

http://i.imgur.com/FtaQEu0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9b3o1M8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3GDXCpm.jpg

Luxus
08-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Eh, if you read for 30+hrs. a week you can get through the whole RAMS Collection pretty quickly. Didn't take long for me to read 90% of the texts. Admittedly, not very much is learned through the RAMS Collection that is not already freely available online.

Do you believe there is a difference between our First Matter and Universal Solvent?

Yes and no, they are different in the same way milk is different from cream. Our first matter however also has impurity's cling to it, we call it our magnet.

Luxus
08-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Never be so sure of what you think it might be. Let me guess: you think that the first matter is antimony, and that the solvent is urine. Correct?

Piss and metal hmmm

The first matter is sometimes called our antimony, along with lead, magnesia, gold....the important thing to note is when an Alchemist says our this or that you should understand that his that is not the same as your that.

As for piss the solvent is sometimes likened to piss in that it moistens the earth.

Illen A. Cluf
08-11-2017, 12:41 AM
Piss and metal hmmm

The first matter is sometimes called our antimony, along with lead, magnesia, gold....the important thing to note is when an Alchemist says our this or that you should understand that his that is not the same as your that.

As for piss the solvent is sometimes likened to piss in that it moistens the earth.

You guessed it! None of the terms are to be taken literally.

black
08-11-2017, 02:18 AM
Piss and metal hmmm

Hello Luxus

Have you moistened the earth yet ?

The Alchemists write that this is all you need to do, this
is the cooking.

JDP
08-11-2017, 03:15 AM
Hello Luxus

is the cooking.

Yes, but before that there is a series of operations that will give you the "water" and "earth" in question. Without knowing them it is simply hopeless to go around "wetting" and "cooking" anything, because this "water" and this "earth" are found NOWHERE ALREADY MADE ON THIS PLANET, it is the alchemist who makes them out of the composite "matter", usually called by the code-word "Magnesia" by the older Alexandrian, Byzantine and Arabic alchemists. And if you don't know what this "Magnesia" is composed of, you will never get anywhere in alchemy, no matter how much you think you are "following nature" (who actually does NOT know how to make this "water" and this "earth"; all she can provide you with are raw matters) or how much you pray to a "God" that no one has ever seen or heard from and therefore no one can prove that "He" is actually somewhere out there "listening" to such prayers in the first place. It is the most difficult secret to unravel in alchemy and the stumbling block that thousands upon thousands simply can't get past. And it is not because some "supernatural" being that no one has ever seen or heard from supposedly prevents "unworthy people" from discovering this composition, but because figuring out the correct component substances (and their proportions) that make up this "Magnesia" is quite a task, considering that the seeker has at his fingertips literally HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of substances to potentially investigate, and add to that the fact that even the most honest and sincere alchemists only mention these composing substances under a barrage of code-words instead of their proper names, and what you have before you is quite a quest. Many seekers simply die of old age or from accidents before they have had the time to stumble upon the right combinations of substances that will generate this "water" and "earth", while others simply quit out of sheer frustration after so many failures, or out of desperation fall into the Frankenstein-like gimmicks (like "Pulvis Solaris", or "Spiritus Mundi", and such fanciful things that NO ONE has ever really proven to even exist in the first place, let alone supposedly be able to "condense" or "materialize".)

elixirmixer
08-11-2017, 05:31 AM
Woah at first I though that Luxus had turned into JDP and was baggin out the ancient ways of revelation....

Then I realised I had miss read, and it was just JDP ranting again ;)

Everyone's perspectives I believe add value, even those tht are seeming in direct contradiction to my own views. Thank you JDP for helpin us hide SM from the masses ;) :P

JDP
08-11-2017, 05:45 AM
Woah at first I though that Luxus had turned into JDP and was baggin out the ancient ways of revelation....

Then I realised I had miss read, and it was just JDP ranting again ;)

More like giving you a helping hand (yet again!) and kindly trying to prevent you from wasting your time & money, as it already happened to many seekers who fell for this gimmick in the past 3 or so centuries.

Everyone's perspectives I believe add value, even those tht are seeming in direct contradiction to my own views. Thank you JDP for helpin us hide SM from the masses ;) :P

Don't worry, "Spiritus Mundi" does not need any help for "hiding" itself from EVERYONE, since it does not seem to exist except in some people's speculative musings, so naturally no one will ever be likely to actually find it :)

abdo
08-11-2017, 08:55 AM

Smart thinking. To test whether it is a true, take 1 part of the silica dioxide and 10 parts nitre`s spirit. It should dissolve all the metals according to the treaty in Hyle & Cohyle page 61

"But if you wish to dissolve it still faster, take one Loth (one¬half ounce) of this air-salt (A), and Spiritus Nitri optimi brought to the highest degree 10 Loth. Let it stand as it is, not near the heat, and the Sal comm. will dissolve. With this salt dissolved in Spiritu Nitri you can dissolve gold, which will go fast."

Luxus
08-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Hello Luxus

is the cooking.

Yes I have and no it is not that simple.

Andro
08-11-2017, 01:40 PM
After further consideration it is very possible this white powder is just silica dioxide formed from vaporizing very small quantity of the glass. This vapor would then condense as a fine powder(and silica is white). If this is the case then using a large lenses and cooling the wall of the glass away from the focal point should result in higher yield of the powder.

I would not be so quick to dismiss some exotic form of Silica as a unique Earth, particularly rich in Secret Fire. I am only in an experimental stage with this work, the resulting earth does (somewhat) resemble Silica, but it is not of the 'normal' variety - it is amorphous/non-crystalline, for one. It can be also precipitated in (relatively large) quantities that do not make sense if the origin of the material is the glass of the vessel. In this line of research, I am attempting to replicate the work of an extremely erudite Friend in the Art (who is not on this forum!), but so far - no great success to report. His results, however, look very promising. I also have to add that this approach may be similar to the "solar path" in some aspects, but it does not involve sun exposure, lenses, etc...

Silica/glass has some VERY unique properties pertaining to Alchemy, and Fulcanelli also gave us some words of wisdom in this regard. (Don't ask me for a quote, I won't be locating it right now. But some of you may recall...)

Salazius has, a long time ago, personally enlightened me about the more 'philosophical' nature of glass/silica, for which I am very grateful to him.

zoas23
08-11-2017, 01:57 PM
I would not be so quick to dismiss some exotic form of Silica as a unique Earth, particularly rich in Secret Fire. I am only in an experimental stage with this work, the resulting earth does (somewhat) resemble Silica, but it is not of the 'normal' variety - it is amorphous/non-crystalline, for one. It can be also precipitated in (relatively large) quantities that do not make sense if the origin of the material is the glass of the vessel.

Exactly... the idea of the glass of the vessel leaving its remains inside the vessel in an oxidation makes some sense when you hear it... but not when you do it, simply because of the amounts.

Salazius
08-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Salazius has, a long time ago, personally enlightened me about the more 'philosophical' nature of glass/silica, for which I am very grateful to him.

You are welcome my friend. If my words make sense, I'm glad. :)

JDP
08-11-2017, 05:53 PM
I would not be so quick to dismiss some exotic form of Silica as a unique Earth, particularly rich in Secret Fire. I am only in an experimental stage with this work, the resulting earth does (somewhat) resemble Silica, but it is not of the 'normal' variety - it is amorphous/non-crystalline, for one. It can be also precipitated in (relatively large) quantities that do not make sense if the origin of the material is the glass of the vessel. In this line of research, I am attempting to replicate the work of an extremely erudite Friend in the Art (who is not on this forum!), but so far - no great success to report. His results, however, look very promising. I also have to add that this approach may be similar to the "solar path" in some aspects, but it does not involve sun exposure, lenses, etc...

Silica/glass has some VERY unique properties pertaining to Alchemy, and Fulcanelli also gave us some words of wisdom in this regard. (Don't ask me for a quote, I won't be locating it right now. But some of you may recall...)

You are probably thinking of this passage:

"Finally, the X is the Greek hieroglyph for glass, purest of all matters, affirms the masters of the art, and the one nearest to perfection."

But further on Fulcanelli drops another comment that clarifies that the "glass" of alchemy is a rather different one than the ordinary glass we are all familiar with:

"We can therefore reasonable see in this sundial a monument erected to the Philosophical Vitriol, the initial subject and primum ens of the philosophers’ stone. Yet, all the metals are nothing but salts, which their textures prove and which the ease by which they form crystallized compounds demonstrates; in the fire, these salts melt into the water of their crystallization and take on the appearance of oil or mercury. Our Vitriol obeys the same law, and, since it leads the artist fortunate enough to discover it and prepare it, toward success, it has received from our predecessors the name of Oil of Victory. Others, considering its color, and deliberately playing on the assonance, have called it Huile de Verre (Oil of Glass --- vitri oleum), which marks its glassy appearance, its oily fluidity in the fire and its green coloration (viridis)."

In other words, the "mercury of the sages" or "philosophical vitriol". He does not mean ordinary glass, which is great for building vessels due in fact to its very good resistance to change and the action of most substances, a very different quality than the one of the reagents used in the preparation of this "glass", and the properties of this "glass" itself (which will undergo remarkable internal & external changes through "coction" alone.) This is in fact the "one matter only" that many MALICIOUS & ENVIOUS alchemists have used to dupe legions of seekers through the centuries into uselessly experimenting with single simple natural matters by themselves (no mixture with anything else) to hopefully make the Stone, without clarifying to them the EXTREMELY IMPORTANT DETAIL that this "one matter" is itself A COMPOSITE OF SEVERAL. Fulcanelli, who is often more honest and generous than many other alchemists, clearly refers to its composite nature, made by the alchemist himself by putting in contact and making react the appropriate MATTERS (NOTICE THE PLURAL.) Nature obviously CANNOT make this composite matter, so trying to seek it already made "somewhere", conveniently just waiting to be "cooked" into the Stone, is HOPELESS. YOU, THE ASPIRING ALCHEMIST, HAVE TO MAKE THIS "ONE MATTER", AND YOU DO IT BY MAKING REACT THE APPROPRIATE COMBINATIONS OF SUBSTANCES.

Luxus
08-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Well silica is quartz and quartz has some energetic properties. You might be interested in the work wilhelm reich did with heated beach sand (which is also silica). He called them bion packs and reported a strange radiation given off from the treated beach sand.

Luxus
08-11-2017, 06:02 PM
Exactly... the idea of the glass of the vessel leaving its remains inside the vessel in an oxidation makes some sense when you hear it... but not when you do it, simply because of the amounts.

I have never done this experiment so am not familiar with the results. If this powder is produced in a vacuum within a glass then there are only two possibility either it is vaporised silica or it is materialised light.

zoas23
08-11-2017, 06:18 PM
I have never done this experiment so am not familiar with the results. If this powder is produced in a vacuum within a glass then there are only two possibility either it is vaporised silica or it is materialised light.

If it's done with air you will get salts, if it's done with vacuum you will get them in a liquid form instead of salt.