PDA

View Full Version : Is bi-carb okay?

elixirmixer
10-12-2016, 01:17 AM
I really want to move forward towards making some isolated M-State material, but some people on the forum have got me worried about all this potential mercury in both the lye solutions and also potentially in my sodium carbonate.

Can i just use the food grade bi-carb from woolies to do this experiment?

EDIT: Just to be clear, i will be using the standardised method for DSS extraction, but with Himalayan pink salt and epson salts. Then using pure acetic acid to do the swings as i dont have HCL.

elixirmixer
10-20-2016, 06:31 AM
Their laughing at me.... their all laughing at me.... ;-(

JDP
10-20-2016, 07:36 AM

http://musicpleer.cc/#!a2cdbcf0e5e001096d7c6d83874ab09e

Andro
10-20-2016, 01:29 PM

Why would you say such a thing? Who's laughing at you?

And how is this related to bi-carb (the topic of this thread)?

elixirmixer
10-20-2016, 10:19 PM
Why would you say such a thing? Who's laughing at you?

I was just having a laugh myself... Just because the bi-carb question was another one of my 'not really thinking before i asked' type situations.

Bi-Carb can be used in this experiment, in fact im starting to think it is actually most preferable, due to the extra oxygen atoms in the molecule, these help to break up the nano particles and bring them closer to the mono-atomic state. (Think Hydrogen Peroxide H202 and Gold)

But thanks for checking up on me Andro :o

ghetto alchemist
10-21-2016, 07:30 AM
Just adding a short response, both for the OP and anyone who ever reads this thread in the future who has the same question.

Bi-carb soda bought from the baking aisle of the supermarket is perfectly safe for consumption and for making ormus for ingestion.

Bi-carb soda can also be converted to sodium carbonate.

Even though I never did this myself, I understand that you only need to spread the bi-carb soda in a thin layer on a baking tray and cook for 4-5 hours at 150-180 degrees celcius. So if you use this method on food grade bi-carb soda, you will have made food grade sodium carbonate.

elixirmixer
10-21-2016, 09:15 AM
Just adding a short response, both for the OP and anyone who ever reads this thread in the future who has the same question.

Bi-carb soda bought from the baking aisle of the supermarket is perfectly safe for consumption and for making ormus for ingestion.

Even though I never did this myself, I understand that you only need to spread the bi-carb soda in a thin layer on a baking tray and cook for 4-5 hours at 150-180 degrees celcius. So if you use this method on food grade bi-carb soda, you will have made food grade sodium carbonate.

Sweeeet. Cheers Ghetto

JDP
10-21-2016, 09:36 AM

I have tried the "dry" calcination method many times, and it works, it decomposes the bicarbonate into carbonate (but you should reach at least 200C), but according to chemists even a boiling solution of sodium bicarbonate is decomposed:

http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/inorganic/faq/carbonate-decomposition.shtml