PDA

View Full Version : Are any of these images found in alchemy

Ree
02-03-2009, 08:26 PM
This is a dream I just had, and i am curious as to how an alchimist might see these symbols thx:-)))

ok in my dream, I am sitting in a halo'd room with my step son, the room would be totally dark without the halo illuminating it, My step son says , Rene do you want to see what I made? I am excited and say yes!! he hands me this miniature , it fit into the palm of my hand.. the size was apx 3x3 inches, rectangle shape, in the front is a small sculpture of a head , ( an egyptian head that you see on pyramids i think it is called a spinx), behind this head is a crafted "perfect" pyramid... apx 1/3 the size of the entire miniature, you could even see the lines between each brick / stone ,behind the pyramid is the sculpted Eagle with his wings spread wide open....

so he hands this miniature to me, and as I receive it in my hand , the pyramid I discover is nothing more than sand, fine sand and I remember having a thought this is the same sand as in an hour glass
I watched the sand pour down my hand... so all that is left is the head, this spinx, and the eagle

we both smile as if we are in awe . like 2 children on a playground discovering something for the first time and then i wake up .........

Aleilius
02-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi, I see it's your first post here, so I must welcome to the forum!

Please excuse me, I don't have the skills to give a full explanation of your dream, but I will mention a few things.

Sand is a representation of time as you pointed out with the hour glass analogy. The figurine your kid handed you might be a representation of the "old ways," and the subsequent metamorphisis to sand & the draining thereof might represent the "death of the old ways." Time has ran out for the old ways.

The reason you watch in awe is because the death of the old ways will bring in the new age of man. I think the world is going through an interesting period right now, and the outcome will indeed result in a new golden age.

I could be totally wrong, but these things are subjective. The real question is what it means to you?

Ree
02-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi, I see it's your first post here, so I must welcome to the forum!

Please excuse me, I don't have the skills to give a full explanation of your dream, but I will mention a few things.

Sand is a representation of time as you pointed out with the hour glass analogy. The figurine your kid handed you might be a representation of the "old ways," and the subsequent metamorphisis to sand & the draining thereof might represent the "death of the old ways." Time has ran out for the old ways.

The reason you watch in awe is because the death of the old ways will bring in the new age of man. I think the world is going through an interesting period right now, and the outcome will indeed result in a new golden age.

I could be totally wrong, but these things are subjective. The real question is what it means to you?

I am kind of baffled by this dream, btw my step son is 32 , :-)

I think because it was my step son who made the figurine is significant, and the fact that he is showing me, could indicate he is teaching me something and or "he" has the interpretation of the dream... that he has something to show me..

the pyramid filtering through my fingers as sand... could mean something not tangible, something not solid ...

And I do know that the Eagle is special to him , on a personal level....

Aleilius
02-03-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, but do you see what I mean? About the meaning of dreams being subjective?

The real issue is the nature of symbolism.

Dizardos
02-04-2009, 12:24 AM
The Sphinx is as alchemical as it can get. The Sphinx is primarily featured in the mythological story about Oedipus. At one point while Oedipus is traveling by horse to Thebes he encounters the Sphinx, who stopped any traveller and asked each traveller a riddle that nobody as of yet was able to resolve. If the traveller failed, he was eaten by the Sphinx. The riddle was: “What walks on four feet in the morning, two in the afternoon and three at night?" The answer was “Man; as an infant, he crawls on all fours, as an adult, he walks on two legs, and in old age, he relies on a walking stick." Oedipus solved the riddle, and the Sphinx threw herself to her death. The gratitude of the Thebans led them to appoint Oedipus as their king.
It appears to be an amusing story, but there is much more than meets the eye. That which the riddle describes is not static, but describes the aging process that man undergoes. Everyone who has no knowledge about this aging process is eaten by the sphinx or better said dies. It is thus quintessential to gain an understanding of the essence of life in order to vanquish the Sphinx. Oedipus means 'the edible' and is thus nothing other than our divine stone, the King of Kings.

Equally important is the fact that the oracle warned that Oedipus would either die at a very young age or kill his father and marry his mother. Even after Oedipus has killed his father and married his mother he does not see what he has done. Others have to tell him openly. As a result Oedipus cuts out his own eyes. Oedipus' eyes were of no use to see the truth clearly. Maybe something can be learned from this for those who rely too much on their own judgmental visions?

The Sphinx also represents that which is volatile and that which is fixed.

The pyramid is also a great alchemical symbol with many meanings. Its form represents that which consists of one, two, three, four and five. 'Pyr a mid' means 'fire in the middle'. 'Py' as in the mathematical symbol 'Phi' which is also similar to the Hebrew letter 'Pe' which is the symbol of power.'Ra' as in Sun god Ra. It also has the word 'ram' in it, which likely represents the combination of fire with water since the 'm' represents Mem which is water. 'Id' likely represents a word like god. I am not sure if everything is completely correct (concerning the pyramid), since I have devised some of it myself and do not have the time to work through books to verify it. I am merely a simple initiate at symbolism and I am sure that there is so much more to be found for those who put some effort into it. Either way the focus should be mainly on the practical work in my opinion.

The crumbling of the pyramid could mean 'dust to dust' if that is of any use to you.

The halo could mean: "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." - John 1:5

Have a nice day!

Dizardos

Aleilius
02-04-2009, 12:45 AM
That's a very good explanation of the symbolism Dizardos.

Ree
02-04-2009, 12:31 PM
very good thankyou..

This is not the first time I saw a pyramid actually, I was on one of my other forums and a friend had the STar card key 17 ( I think), which is happens to be my astrological card Aquarius, and when I looked at it, I saw ( like a vision ) a picture of Christ opened armed on top of the card then I saw a pyramid on top of the pic of Christ , so it was like a 3 part vision , here is the thing , The pyramid though was like a grid.. perfect lines and transparent so you could see the pyramid from all angels, like a holographic only in connecting lines

horticult
02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Well, the meaning of this dream is that the worth of dollar is similar to sand.

Ree
02-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Well, the meaning of this dream is that the worth of dollar is similar to sand.

Given recent happenings with my step son......Your explaination is very fitting