PDA

View Full Version : Andrei Bely's GLOSSOLALIA ~ A poem about sound 1922

zoas23
10-26-2016, 11:34 PM
I didn't know this book and I am surprised.

http://community.middlebury.edu/~beyer/gl/glossenglish/glosseng.html

That's all I have to say on the matter!! Take a look at it.

Kiorionis
10-27-2016, 02:22 AM
mein Gott! It starts off strong and just keeps getting better. I've only read the first 2 parts, and I can already make a few alchemical correspondenses:

Once upon a time there were no concepts in our sense: a conceptual crust surrounded the image of the word

Breaking through the 'conceptual crust surrounding the image of the word' has been my philosophical pursuit for the last five or six years.

I love it! Thanks for posting it up!

zoas23
10-27-2016, 02:33 AM
mein Gott! It starts off strong and just keeps getting better. I've only read the first 2 parts, and I can already make a few alchemical correspondenses:

Breaking through the 'conceptual crust surrounding the image of the word' has been my philosophical pursuit for the last five or six years.

I love it! Thanks for posting it up!

Yes, it reminded me a lot of the German section of Dadá and their phonetic poetry (Hugo Ball, Kurt Schwitters, Raoul Hausmann) meeting the "Vocals" of Rimbaud and an extra "mystical" touch, which was somehow typical of the Russian Avant-Garde.... but I'm completely fascinated too. I was even tempted to deliver it to "alchemical texts", but posted in in "general chat" to avoid comments such as "this is not alchemy" (OK... it's not, but it gets very close to the core!!!)

Kiorionis
10-27-2016, 02:41 AM
Yes, it really does. I completely agree with the opening line: "Profound mysteries reside in language"

So far it has me thinking of the Genesis of things, as well as John's 'In the Beginning was the Word'.

Kiorionis
10-29-2016, 02:51 AM
Our armless tongue observed the gesture of the arm; and duplicated it in sounds; sounds know the mysteries of ancient movements of our spirits; just as we pronounce the sounding meanings of words, so too were we once created; pronounced with meaning; our sounds - words - will become the world: we create people out of words; and the words are acts.

Musical Sublimation (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4730-Musical-Sublimation)