PDA

View Full Version : Astrological Compatibilities

Andro
10-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Continued from HERE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4922-quot-The-Divine-Pymander-quot&p=45036#post45036).

Two Leos can't get along, you know it!!! hahaha...

Actually, they can, and wonderfully so. The trick is to respect each others' 'domain' (Kingdom) and area of skill/expertise, and collaboration can be wunderbar.

Believe it or not, I worked on a big music project with TWO other Leos (3 Leos altogether) and we all got along splendidly. I was the producer, another was the composer & singer and the other one played most instruments. It all worked out great.

PS: We did, however, have a Virgo to clean up after us :p

(in case someone took this last remark seriously - it was a joke... maybe... :cool:)

Kiorionis
10-28-2016, 09:47 PM
PS: We did, however, have a Virgo to clean up after us :p

(in case someone took this last remark seriously - it was a joke... maybe... :cool:)

I'm a Virgo...

zoas23
10-28-2016, 10:00 PM
Due to my experiences with a dear fellow Leo, the comment was a joke actually.

If a Lion doesn't thread on the tail of a fellow Lion, they can talk in peace. I know it.

(also, the more "fire" a person has in his chart, the easier it is for ME to have a good relationship... my usual "collaborator" in many projects is an Aries, with an Aries ascendant and moon in Aries.... whilst I distrust those with Air signs, though there are some notable exceptions -one of those exceptions is a very clever Gemini I found here).

Anyway, my comment was mostly a tongue in cheek joke and not meant to be taken too seriously.

[Other than that, my girlfriend and I... if I compare charts... we are like the epitome of quadratures -90-, the charts say "NO"... but we say "YES"... The Archons can be defeated and we have the chance of being a little bit less influenced by their negative traits]

Andro
10-28-2016, 10:18 PM
Compatibility is not limited to the sun sign.

Mercury is for communication, Moon for emotional compatibility, Venus for friendship/collaboration/partnership, Mars for sex and other martial qualities, Ascendant for personality traits, etc....

Trines are best, sextiles too, conjunctions can be a bit intense but can still work great, squares are challenging (especially between moons) and quincunx (150 degrees) requires adaptation/reorganization in order to work out.

That's a big generalization, but it's the basics...

Interestingly enough, squaring sun signs are not THAT big of a deal in interpersonal relationships.

zoas23
10-28-2016, 11:51 PM
Yeah, Astrology involves 9 factors (7 planets and 2 nodes -and more planets if you use the "modern" ones, though I don't).... and the houses, the Schema if you use it, the Arabic parts, the 28 Moon Mansionst, etc.

Astrology is one of my areas too (two Leos with some knowledge about the same kingdom!).

I agree with your views though... and due to a previous thread, I know that you know Astrology very well.

The quadratures are a bit complex, even in personal relationships, but with some understanding everything works out fine... funny fact: two persons with an EXCELLENT compatibility and "no conflict" can create a relationship that only produces stagnation and "nothing" (for some reason "conflict" is not a "bad" word, but quite the opposite in many cases).

ArcherSage
10-29-2016, 12:31 AM
I am a saggitarius with a saggitarius moon and mercury. My fiance is a Leo with a cancer moon and cancer venus. The water in her chart cools down her fire, but I dont have any for my own lol. I love aries and leo women and most of my friends are fire signs, and ex relationships also.

Awani
10-29-2016, 01:11 AM
I am Gemini and I love and hate everyone equally. :)

:cool:

ArcherSage
10-29-2016, 01:16 AM
Do you have an evil twin somewhere? xD

zoas23
10-29-2016, 02:05 AM
I am a saggitarius with a saggitarius moon and mercury. My fiance is a Leo with a cancer moon and cancer venus. The water in her chart cools down her fire, but I dont have any for my own lol. I love aries and leo women and most of my friends are fire signs, and ex relationships also.

Archer... this is hard to say, but I think I am your fiance. LOL, that's my chart!!!

I am Gemini and I love and hate everyone equally. :)

You are the "remarkable" exception I had in mind... a decent Gemini... an unusual case... LOL.

Kiorionis
10-29-2016, 03:21 AM
Speaking of Astrological Compatibilities, and Lions and Twins.. I'm considering moving in with a Leo and a Gemini (as a Virgo). Any advice to make everything smooth?

Awani
10-29-2016, 05:04 AM
You are aware that the three moderators of this forum are that holy trinity. ;)

Andro
10-29-2016, 07:23 AM
I'm considering moving in with a Leo and a Gemini (as a Virgo). Any advice to make everything smooth?

Greatly deep-ends on where their other significant placements are - Moon, Ascendant, Mercury and Venus (and Mars, but to a lesser degree for flatmates).

Speaking very generally, the Chameleon-like nature of Gemini can drive you crazy in the long run, and with a Leo you may find yourself doing more housework than you have to, but you'll get great support and loyalty in return :) With the Gemini, you may, over time, find the flat/house slowly filling up with various gadgets :)

Also, you may find yourself 'caught' in an interesting 'crossfire'... The Gemini mind tends to broadcast countless channels simultaneously all over the frequency spectrum, while the Leo mind only broadcasts one channel, but on ALL frequencies simultaneously :)

However, as a Virgo, you may have the best chances to act as the 'glue' keeping everything grounded and in working order. But don't be too obvious about it, especially with the Leo. Let him/her know they're "calling the shots", even if they don't :)

Note: The above is meant to be mainly humorous and entertaining, because it's difficult to provide actually useful astrological advice based on sun signs alone...

So I take it that you're leaving your current accommodation?

zoas23
10-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Speaking of Astrological Compatibilities, and Lions and Twins.. I'm considering moving in with a Leo and a Gemini (as a Virgo). Any advice to make everything smooth?

What Andro said: with the Sun sign you can only see the cover of the book.

(If I had to judge how a relationship would work out and I can only know ONE planet, I would pick the moon rather than the sun).

But, in a "playful" way... Andro is right:

A Leo is very much like a cat (rather than a lion): all the energies get merged in a single thing, which means complete and unbreakable loyalty... or absolute indifference (i.e, not in an aggressive way, but mostly don't giving a shit about how someone else feels.... just like cats, Leo's "choose" who they like and who they IGNORE -rather than hate)... without many "gray areas" in between. His idea of "Order" can be VERY different than the idea of "Order" that a Virgo has. Though you can also expect unexpected acts of amazing kindness mixed with other acts of horrible selfishness.

The Virgo may think that the other two are a mess... and can easily become the true "organizer" of the house. Probably the one who MAY have more conflicts with the others due to his high standards of "obsession" (which can be good or bad). The "neurotic" of the house (one of my closest friends is as Virgo as it gets and I get along very well with him, being myself a Leo... and lived with him for 8 years when we were teen without much conflict).

The Gemini can be a bit confusing for the others... in the sense of making you think: "Who is this person? What does he really think?" It can be hard to understand his "psychology" (his "Soul")... and will probably be the one who find the solution to the problems, but not the one who *performs* the solution and MAY limit himself to communicating which one is the solution and expect the others to do it. Most Geminis I know are "transparent" to me, but in the sense that a glass is transparent... you can see through it, but there isn't an opaque "shape" that you can "see" inside... quite often it's hard to understand their ways of thinking.

Anyway, as Andro said, this is more "playful" than "serious"... the Sun signs don't mean much (and depending on the chart of a person, he may show almost no "traits" of his sun sign). The moon, the nodes... they can be somehow more "revealing" without a complete chart.

Other than that, there's "nice" people and "undesirable" people... such thing beats the Sun sign. A group of nice people will find a way to get along... a group of "undesirable" people will amplify their negative traits by living together... so the results are easy to predict without even using astrology if you know them well.

ArcherSage
10-29-2016, 01:43 PM
You are an earth sign (virgo), you represent being grounded. Fire signs such as leo, aries, and sagg are constantly looking for alternative ways to do things and always have an issue with authority. Air signs such as gemini are very talkative and make for good conversation. Water signs tend to get more emotional and upset over tiny things (cancer,pisces). But there is much more that goes into a person than what sign their sun was in at birth. The moon effects inner emotions, the mercury location effects HOW they communicate. You can be a LEO with a mercury in CANCER, and will not seem as much as a LEO because of how they talk. Venus is the love aspect of the chart, venus in a fire sign can be restless and never settle down. Venus in an earth sign enjoy steady relationships. MARS is the anger and emotional side of the chart. MARS in scorpio will be a vengeful MF who desires payback. MARS in a water sign will be very passive in times of conflict. But as much as I do believe in the effects these energies have on the development of the being, I also believe how you were raised effects your attitude and tendencies just as much. You can be a Pisces who was raised by a very outgoing Aries and act like an Aries more than a pisces etc. There are many factors but I do believe astrology plays some part in the general tendencies, but not all of them.

Kiorionis
10-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Note: The above is meant to be mainly humorous and entertaining, because it's difficult to provide actually useful astrological advice based on sun signs alone...

So I take it that you're leaving your current accommodation?

It was somewhat helpful though. Based on what you said, and after knowing them for a couple years, I'd guess they definately fit into the general definition of Gemini and Leo. And yes, planning on switching things up again. If everything goes as we last planned it out, then we'll begin looking in December and find a place at the end of the year or beginning of 2017.

Are there such things as chart readings for the day we all move into a place? :p

Other than that, there's "nice" people and "undesirable" people... such thing beats the Sun sign. A group of nice people will find a way to get along... a group of "undesirable" people will amplify their negative traits by living together... so the results are easy to predict without even using astrology if you know them well.

I've been friends with the Gemini for quite a few years, and after college we lived together for awhile and everything went well. We're both interested in the Arts, which is what the Leo is studying at the university (film and photography).

I'm almost certain we'll get along just fine, but maybe I'll find out more about their natal charts and post it up, for the fun of it.

zoas23
10-29-2016, 11:53 PM
I'm almost certain we'll get along just fine, but maybe I'll find out more about their natal charts and post it up, for the fun of it.

I enjoy a lot NOT checking the Astral charts when everything is fine... though I would be able to explain this tendency I have with my natal chart! (LOL... it's not a joke).

I would like to see the three charts, if you don't mind posting them in public, as too see how others work with them.

I must confess that Astrology in one of my "strong areas", BUT I having a chart A, a chart B and a chart C... I would be able to compare:
1) A and B
2) B and C
3) C and A

BUT I don't know a method to compare A, B and C in a "single procedure"... So it would be interesting to see if someone knows how to work with 3 charts and compare them with a "single procedure" rather than the steps 1, 2 and 3 I described above... as to learn how to work with 3 charts (with 2 it's easy and with 3 it's easy too, but MY way would be like working with 2 "3 times" rather than with 3 "all at once"... I'd like to see someone working with the 3 of them "all at once" as to learn something new).

[I have some ideas of how to do it, which would be using a "middle points" chart for your friend (B) and you (A)... a joint chart of A and B.... and seeing how the "joint chart of A and B" relates with the chart of "C", the "new member" of the house)... but such idea is very much like seeing how a "couple of friends" gets along with a third person rather than seeing how 3 individual/separate persons get along and the "dynamics" of 3 separate persons...

So it would be interesting as to learn something new.

Andro
10-30-2016, 09:09 AM
Most Geminis I know are "transparent" to me, but in the sense that a glass is transparent... you can see through it, but there isn't an opaque "shape" that you can "see" inside...

So you're basically saying that Gemini is like a transparent but empty box (with no content of its own)?

I would say that the content of the Gemini Box changes constantly, depending which medium/context it just happens to be 'passing through' :)

Generally speaking, it's easier for Mutable Signs (especially Gemini & Pisces) to be 'Chameleons' than it is for Fixed Signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio & Aquarius).

A non-fixed sign Ascendant, Moon or Mercury can help a lot with flexibility, though...

zoas23
10-30-2016, 09:54 AM
So you're basically saying that Gemini is like a transparent but empty box (with no content of its own)?
I would say that the content of the Gemini Box changes constantly, depending which medium/context it just happens to be 'passing through' :)

No, that's not my idea at all, but I didn't explain it well.
An "empty box" would mean a soulless person without even a psyche. Nobody is like that (except for D. Trump).

I simply meant that with a gemini it gets VERY hard to get "into that box"... i.e, you can know a person for years and years and you often become able to predict how this person would react to a given circumstance... you KNOW him, we are all a bit "predictable".

i.e, if I use you as an example. I know that if I tell you: "the only reality is the touchable reality, anything else is a psychotic mysticism"... well, I know your ideas and more or less I know how you would react.

With a gemini this is very hard FOR ME to do it... and in most cases I avoid Geminis (though there are exceptions for everything, I can admit that Dev is one of my favorite persons here... and I don't feel like what I described when I read him -or when we did an interview for his podcast, it was very easy for me to talk to him, as if I knew him since decades).

But, yeah, with the "typical" Gemini....I am often absolutely lost when it comes to understanding them (the box is NEVER empty, it's simply that the contents are like "invisible" to me, I can't "see" them -though I don't have this problem with Dev in the forum, I simply mention him because he's a Gemini... and because it's a bit fun to flatter him, because I know it makes him feel uneasy :) ).

Hmmm.... I have a similar experience with Aquarius (strangely NOT with Libra).

Hmmm.... one of my longest relationships involved an Aquarius and after some years the "romance" finished, but the friendship lasted. A very happy person and then one day she killed herself (she hanged herself)... I spent the whole day with her 2 days before she did such thing and we laughed a lot, it was very pleasant... her suicide was something that I could have never predicted... and I still have no idea about WHY she did it (I would describe this person as one of the "happiest" persons I've ever meet... maybe this situation explains my idea of "I don't know what's inside the box").

It's more Aquarius and Gemini for me than the Mutable Signs... I would say the "Air Signs", but I exclude Libra and Dev (though I must confess that I once asked him to give me his birth details as to understand something... and I saw his chart and I know why I don't have this problem with him, but I won't say it, since that's somehow a bit too private).

Anyway... I'll return to the interesting subject of this conversation (for me). What would YOU do if you are given 3 charts and you have to say if 3 persons will "get along" or not?
I know how to work with 2 charts, but with 3 I would need to do what I said above (comparing three pairs of 2 charts: A & B, B & C, C & A)... I never worked with three charts (with Tarot and other "divination" systems it's easy, but with Astrology, it's a bit complex for me unless I do as I've said, which is not quite "practical"). How would you do? The thread brought this interesting question to me (I never had to do it, so I admit that I have no experience at all with using 3 charts of 3 different persons and arriving to a conclusion).

ArcherSage
10-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Zoas what do you make of my chart..Sagg sun, Sagg moon, Sagg mercury, Scorpio mars, Capricorn Venus, Cancer ascendant

Awani
10-30-2016, 09:56 PM
I can't "see" them -though I don't have this problem with Dev in the forum...

I can't speak for other Gemini, only for myself, and I can adapt to anyone and any situation... so people at a Republican Convention might think I am voting Trump, but I am actually just there to plan an act of terrorism... - NSA relax, that's a joke (maybe). Basically I allow people to "see" what I think is tactically appropriate. I've read The Art of War (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War) too much. LOL. Although I am practically "as I am" when we talk in private. You got to marry me to "see" 100 %, but I'm already taken. ;)

From my limited knowledge of all this I think zoas23 is less of a typical Leo than Andro... there should be a photo of Andro in the dictionary under "Leo Star Sign". Ha ha.

As for compatibilities I've never cared about the sign... I've had friends and lovers in most (if not all) of them. Perhaps that is a Gemini trait, but those classical no-no for a Gemini (according to what I've heard) is other Gemini (closest friend/associate) , Aries (wife) and Cancer (many friends/lovers in this one).

zoas23
10-31-2016, 02:28 AM
Zoas what do you make of my chart..Sagg sun, Sagg moon, Sagg mercury, Scorpio mars, Capricorn Venus, Cancer ascendant

That's 5 planets and an ascendant, not a chart actually... it's possible to do *something* with it, but it would be easier with an actual chart (and the exact position of the planets). Though I am not offering myself to analyze your chart, because it's quite time consuming to make a full chart description... and I am already involved in more projects than I can handle. To put it in a simple way: I would need a REAL chart and at least 5 or 7 hours to make a proper analysis and write it in English. If you were agonizing and the doctors didn't have a clue of what could be going on, I would do it as to see if I find something... but otherwise it would be like spending 5 to 7 hours just to tell you things that you probably already know about yourself (because you are yourself!).

I can't speak for other Gemini, only for myself, and I can adapt to anyone and any situation... so people at a Republican Convention might think I am voting Trump, but I am actually just there to plan an act of terrorism... - NSA relax, that's a joke (maybe). Basically I allow people to "see" what I think is tactically appropriate. I've read The Art of War (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War) too much. LOL. Although I am practically "as I am" when we talk in private. You got to marry me to "see" 100 %, but I'm already taken. ;)

From my limited knowledge of all this I think zoas23 is less of a typical Leo than Andro... there should be a photo of Andro in the dictionary under "Leo Star Sign". Ha ha.
As for compatibilities I've never cared about the sign... I've had friends and lovers in most (if not all) of them. Perhaps that is a Gemini trait, but those classical no-no for a Gemini (according to what I've heard) is other Gemini (closest friend/associate) , Aries (wife) and Cancer (many friends/lovers in this one).

It's interesting how we perceive people!!!!

I don't see Andro or me as very typical Leos in many different ways, but that's my perception.
Hmmm... externally Andro is "more Leo" than I am... internally I think I am "more Leo" than he is... but both of us are a bit atypical (in MY perception). i.e, Andro's obsession for keeping the threads organized, splitting threads to keep the topics separate, etc... I like that, but that's not quite Leo (a typical Leo would be a bit more "let it happen", which means that a VERY typical Leo would not be your best choice to keep the forum organized ---Ask me to replace Andro for a week and you'll see how a thread that begins with discussing the Ars Brevis can end up becoming a discussion about how to cook the best cheese cake and I will probably think that it's "fantastic" ---Hmmm, maybe you should NOT ask me to be in charge of keeping the threads organized! I would not be as good as Andro is for that "job").

As for the last thing you've said, after ruining my wedding plans (LOL... joking, I'm taken too and I'm extremely monogamous :) ).... Yeah, the very "harmonic" charts of two persons don't necessarily lead to a good relationship... whilst two charts that show several areas of obvious conflict CAN lead to a very harmonic relationship (i.e, I had a girlfriend who chart and mine looked as if they were purposely designed to make a "perfect match", the relationship was a disaster... and with my current GF, whom I call my wife even if there isn't a legal marriage... our charts say "NO", but we say "YES"... you recently created a thread about disagreement.... my own experience is that an excessive "agreement" between two charts is not necessarily a good sign... whilst "conflictive charts" can create a marvelous outcome... other than that, I stick to my very erudite theory: There's nice people and there's undesirable people... two nice persons will find a way to get along if they want to... whilst two assholes will create a putrefactio that produces more putrefaction and nothing else even if they have radiant charts... sometimes it's as simple as that).

Andro
10-31-2016, 05:45 AM

This thread is for discussing general traits and compatibilities, not for personal chart analysis requests. Of course you can ask in PM and offer a suitable energy exchange for the effort. When people find out that I deal with Astrology, many shoot right away: "What can you tell me about me?" I usually tell them that it's gonna be the worst year of their lives ever, someone close to them will probably get very sick and that they're very likely to loose their home too. That usually keeps them off my back :)

Andro's obsession for keeping the threads organized, splitting threads to keep the topics separate, etc... I like that, but that's not quite Leo (a typical Leo would be a bit more "let it happen", which means that a VERY typical Leo would not be your best choice to keep the forum organized.

That's my Mercury in Virgo at work.

there should be a photo of Andro in the dictionary under "Leo Star Sign". Ha ha.Being a 'strong Leo' comes mainly from having my Leo sun placed in an Angular House (10th). Same as Napoleon LOL :) And it's conjunct Mars as well.

PS: A quote by Napoleon, for the fun of it:

"I don't need to be loved, I need to be served well. I am not a man, I am a historical personality."

BTW, he DID need to be loved, but all his romantic interests in his life did a terrible job at that... So the above quote is only partially expressing his character...

zoas23
10-31-2016, 07:39 AM
This thread is for discussing general traits and compatibilities, not for personal chart analysis requests. Of course you can ask in PM and offer a suitable energy exchange. When people find out that I deal with Astrology, many shoot right away: "What can you tell me about me?" I usually tell them that it's gonna be the worst year of their lives ever, someone close to them will probably get very sick and that they're very likely to loose their home too. That usually keeps them off my back :)

Same thing happens to me with Tarot (and a few times with Astrology)... BUT I normally don't enjoy doing lectures for others... and when I agree to do it, I often ask for a precise question rather than a "general reading" (EXCEPT for health problems). In most cases I found out that those who ask already know the answer.

i.e, I remember a punk girl who asked me if she was OK with his boyfriend. We used Tarot... and the whole thing was a mess with Kings and Princes everywhere, thus I asked the obvious question: "Could it be that you are having a romance with someone else?". She blushed and said "yes". I asked: "And someone else is not just one person right?"... she answered, "it's 6 or 7 other persons". I scratched me head and wondered why the hell she asked... "Yeah, you are cheating him with 6 or 7 persons, did you really needed the Tarot to find out something that you already knew?".

That's my Mercury in Virgo at work.

Being a 'strong Leo' comes mainly from having my Leo sun placed in an Angular House (10th). Same as Napoleon LOL :) And it's conjunct Mars as well.

I'm a Leo (sun in 4th House) with an Aries Ascendant... 4 planets in Leo (and I ONLY use the 7 "classics").. a moon in Cancer... and cauda in Taurus (and, of course, Caput in Scorpio)... with 3 conjunctions (two of planets in Leo)... and Cauda & Jupiter in Taurus... and all the planets in the Imum Coeli / nocturnal hemisphere of the Chart (houses 1 to 6... and since I only use the 7 classics, the only diurnal thing is the Caput). I'm not giving all the details, but a very unbalanced chart.***

The claws are hidden inside the paws... and not a Napoleon at all in my case.

*** which simply means: "very strong areas" and "very weak areas".

Kiorionis
01-11-2017, 04:02 PM
I'll find out more about their natal charts and post it up, for the fun of it.

I have 2 of the 3 charts now. The 3rd 'player' in the game is on vacation at the moment, I'll talk with him when he gets back. I should have all 3 charts soon, if anyone is interested in continuing this line of discussion .

elixirmixer
01-13-2017, 01:37 AM
I do not know what time I was born. How can I get a chart?

Feb 15th 1989

Schmuldvich
01-13-2017, 03:38 AM
www.astro.com is where I would recommend going to get your birthchart

http://i.imgur.com/7mPYUzt.jpg This is me

elixirmixer
01-13-2017, 03:40 AM
But what do you do if you don't know the time?

Schmuldvich
01-13-2017, 03:41 AM
...Estimate (but your chart will not be 100% accurate in some areas; the major points will all be ok, just the fine details will be off ever so slightly)

elixirmixer
01-13-2017, 03:55 AM
I am sending a letter to the hospital that I was born in, to ask them the time of birth :)

zoas23
01-13-2017, 07:23 AM
But what do you do if you don't know the time?

You can make a chart for the whole day... or if you know something more, then you can be a bit more specific (i.e, you may not know the time, but know that it was during the morning).

Some information will be useless, but OTHER information can be used... i.e, forget about the houses, forget about the ascendant... but you still can make a limited chart with some accuracy. It's not the IDEAL situation, but it's not 100% useless either.

zoas23
01-13-2017, 07:49 AM
www.astro.com is where I would recommend going to get your birthchart

It's not a bad site to get an online chart, I don't really use it, but I just visited it... I saw it has an option to reduce the orbs, but it works with percentages, so I am a bit lost after a quick look (the OBVIOUS option would be to make it work with grades).

The "default" option works with HUGE orbs as to make the chart "more interesting" and show you aspects everywhere.

I work with 4 (I'd say that 5 should be the MAXIMUM)... i.e, your chart shows a 180 between moon and MC... but they are 172 actually.... So you are using a HUGE orb. You don't have an opposition between the Moon and the Middle heaven. So I would suggest to reduce the ORBS and don't work with something bigger than 5 (though 5 is already "too much" in my opinion and I prefer 4, but it's possible to discuss it.... but 8 is really "too much").