PDA

View Full Version : Help

Amon
11-07-2016, 12:03 AM
I am currently on the doorstep of madness, like the thin veil that prevents sanity and insanity from mingling together in my head.

I keep thinking about so many crucial (to me) stuff like reality, the nature of reality, of man, of things, about God, truth, evil, morality, magic, religion, occultism etc. and i have gotten to the point where i can't put an order in my own mind and its driving me crazy.

It takes me 2 hours to finally fall asleep at night, i can barely get myself to pay attention at lectures in university or bother with any other thing and on top of that i don't make any progress in any aspect of my life.

What can i do to help my mind calm down ? Meditation isn't working cause i can't focus even my own heart beat distracts me

Schmuldvich
11-07-2016, 12:14 AM
This may sound extraordinarily basic, but try to consciously focus on your breathing.

When you inhale, inhale slowly, and try to "grab" as much air as possible. Make the most of every breath if you know what I mean. Literally listen to yourself breathe.

Alternately, counting up and then back down seems to help calm the mind. For example 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10 9 8...

Awani
11-07-2016, 12:59 AM
I am currently on the doorstep of madness...

Sanity in an insane world is not easy. Try and listen to some "white noise" or "brain wave sounds".

It is impossible to give any advice since you are not I, and whatever I say might not work for you (since I don't know 100 % what you feel/think). From the limited information you have provided it sounds to me like you are suffering from stress. Not sure it will help you, but in my opinion there cannot be order in chaos... chaos creates its own order... you are your reality... whatever you think, that is it... start there.

Most importantly try and think with your heart. Don't use logic or reason. Feel.

If something isn't working try something new. :)

:cool:

Kiorionis
11-07-2016, 01:06 AM
I am currently on the doorstep of madness, like the thin veil that prevents sanity and insanity from mingling together in my head.

Why not step through and join the rest of us by embracing the paradox? :cool:

I keep thinking about so many crucial (to me) stuff like reality, the nature of reality, of man, of things, about God, truth, evil, morality, magic, religion, occultism etc. and i have gotten to the point where i can't put an order in my own mind and its driving me crazy.

I would suggest a simple numerical order. How do these things relate to the number 1? How do they relate to the number 2? 3? Etc.

Consider it like writing your own program for the universe. It will help you compartmentalize and organize your thoughts.

At least, it works for me.

It takes me 2 hours to finally fall asleep at night, i can barely get myself to pay attention at lectures in university or bother with any other thing and on top of that i don't make any progress in any aspect of my life.

What can i do to help my mind calm down ? Meditation isn't working cause i can't focus even my own heart beat distracts me

There are herbs which can help you calm yourself. Any "relax and harmonize" tea at the local grocery store will help, but I find lemon balm to be particularly pleasing.

There are alternative options, like seeking professional help from a psychologist, if you have the money for it.

You're also more than welcome to start a thread on any of the topics you brought up, and present it from your own perspective. It might help you clear your mind.

And speaking of starting a thread, starting a journal is a good way to clear your head as well. I find that after writing a good four or five pages, I'm much more relaxed and carefree. It's a good excersise before bed too.

zoas23
11-07-2016, 02:48 AM
As opposed to what everyone else suggested I have a different advice. I have to say that I've seen this same thing happening a lot of times to persons I know.
You are developing an obsession.

I would give you the suggestion of COMPLETELY avoid ANY book related to Alchemy/Occult/Religion. Don't get involved in ANY conversation on the subject and do NOT participate in this forum or any similar forum for at least 4 months. Also, when these ideas come to your head, make them "go away" by thinking of anything absolutely unrelated to "spiritual issues". Focus on your life and the University, give yourself time to go out with friends and have conversations about movies, non-occult books, telling jokes... and having fun.

You have turned your spiritual interests into something similar to alcoholism and the solution is to stop drinking and make a "rehab" (which obviously involves "not drinking").

Once you are "healed" from your obsession, you may slowly return to this passion of yours but having the CAUTION of knowing which ones are your limits and that you have a tendency to develop obsessions (ANYTHING can be a "drug", I am using the word in its more derogative sense... i.e, the same thing happens to people who get obsessed with a video-game and can't even sleep because they feel the need to play this video-game).

I don't suggest meditations or anything like that, but quite the opposite: a "rehab" which would involve several months without devoting a single second to ANY "spiritual" issue. You will probably be able to "return" to this interest of yours after getting familiar with your LIMITS and when you are getting obsessed.

theFool
11-07-2016, 02:27 PM
What can i do to help my mind calm down ? Meditation isn't working cause i can't focus even my own heart beat distracts me Hey, try doing some bicycling or other kind of physical exercise. It calms the mind. The body gets tired and sleeps better.

Meditation is the practice of abdominal breathing. It is a kind of physical exercise too. Search this method deeper and don't stick to the superficial westernized explanations.

In any case try to talk about those things to someone face to face. It might help, even if they won't understand much.

ArcherSage
11-07-2016, 06:11 PM
I have the same problem at times, my anxiety makes it worse. It seems like you are on the verge of discovery but you keep driving yourself mad. I recommend going into deep states of meditation in the sense that you are attempting to astral project. Feel your body go into sleep paralysis but keep the mind focused on 1 thing. Make sure that one thing is no anything occult related..just the scene of a waterfall or something. And try to go a few days without reading anything. I usually save my research for weekends only. Exercise, go play sports, meditate, go on a juice fast and clean your body out. The mind will be much clearer when the energy you normally use for eating 3 times per day, is used elsewhere. Any energy you save, will be used for better things.

JDP
11-07-2016, 06:24 PM

It seems like you are making it all to be a bigger problem than it really is. It's all really very simple:

Reality, man, things, truth = Empirical facts.

God, evil, magic, religion, occultism = Speculation, theories, beliefs, uncorroborated claims, purely subjective concepts that vary from person to person, culture to culture.

There is nothing more to it. Accept the empirical facts only, my friend, and give a wide berth to speculation, theories, uncorroborated claims.

zoas23
11-08-2016, 07:11 AM
It seems like you are making it all to be a bigger problem than it really is. It's all really very simple:
Reality, man, things, truth = Empirical facts.
God, evil, magic, religion, occultism = Speculation, theories, beliefs, uncorroborated claims, purely subjective concepts that vary from person to person, culture to culture.
There is nothing more to it. Accept the empirical facts only, my friend, and give a wide berth to speculation, theories, uncorroborated claims.

That's your world-view and I accept it (even if my word-view is different).
This thread is not about the world view that each one has, but about how to get rid of an obsession.

I know you probably relate the obsession to having a world-view that doesn't match yours, but it's not the case. Forget the "content" of the obsession... and pretend that it's a video-game (as to avoid metaphysical debates, which are not so useful here).

An obsession is similar to an addiction and the only way out I know is to STOP IT.... similar to the case of an alcoholic who can only be cured by "not drinking".
Thus I STRONGLY suggest to avoid anything related to alchemy, occult, metaphysical speculations, religion, etc for at least 4 months (or maybe some more time), until the obsession vanishes... and it's similar to a "rehab".

The problem is not philosophical, but psychological.

As I've said, I've seen the same symptoms some 10 times in different persons I know... and the "rehab" solution works (some of them have been able to return slowly to their previous interests after understanding when it's sane to "stop"... and some others have decided that it was better not to return and get interested in other areas of life).

I've even seen this same thing happening to my closest friend with Yoga... he was not being able to even sleep because he decided that each second not devoted to Yoga practices was lost.
I've had to help him by forbidding him to practice Yoga and together we "locked" all his books about Yoga and everythng related to Yoga in a closet with a key, which I kept and he didn't have a copy.
Once he was "healed", I gave him the key and he could return to Yoga in a non-detrimental way.
(No, I am not authoritarian, I did such thing because he begged me for help because he understood he was having a BIG problem).

You probably know the case of Freud who tried to cure his friend Ernst Fleischl-Marxow (addicted to morphine and heroin) by replacing them with Cocaine, whose effects were not truly known... The sad story is that Ernst died after a Cocaine overdose.

You can't cure an addiction to wine with beer. The ONLY solution is to stop drinking... and after the "obsession" goes away, you can return to "drinking", but knowing where are your LIMITS.

Thus I strongly discourage "meditations", "philosophical solutions", "herbal solutions"... and only a "rehab" will do the trick (which involves avoiding any contact with the "addiction"/"obsession" for a considerable amount of time)... and then slowly returning (if that's what the person wants), but with the knowledge of how to avoid the obsessive behaviour.

Kiorionis
11-08-2016, 12:01 PM
You bring up good points, zoas.

ArcherSage
11-08-2016, 12:45 PM
My kundalini awakening then rising sent me into panic attacks, you are just not in control of the energy within and its scary at times. You need to ground yourself with exercise and other material things during times of enlightenment or it will overwhelm you

Andro
11-08-2016, 01:16 PM
For what it's worth, I support the suggestions of zoas23 on this thread.

JDP
11-08-2016, 01:49 PM
That's your world-view and I accept it (even if my word-view is different).
This thread is not about the world view that each one has, but about how to get rid of an obsession.

I know you probably relate the obsession to having a world-view that doesn't match yours, but it's not the case. Forget the "content" of the obsession... and pretend that it's a video-game (as to avoid metaphysical debates, which are not so useful here).

An obsession is similar to an addiction and the only way out I know is to STOP IT.... similar to the case of an alcoholic who can only be cured by "not drinking".
Thus I STRONGLY suggest to avoid anything related to alchemy, occult, metaphysical speculations, religion, etc for at least 4 months (or maybe some more time), until the obsession vanishes... and it's similar to a "rehab".

The problem is not philosophical, but psychological.

As I've said, I've seen the same symptoms some 10 times in different persons I know... and the "rehab" solution works (some of them have been able to return slowly to their previous interests after understanding when it's sane to "stop"... and some others have decided that it was better not to return and get interested in other areas of life).

I've even seen this same thing happening to my closest friend with Yoga... he was not being able to even sleep because he decided that each second not devoted to Yoga practices was lost.
I've had to help him by forbidding him to practice Yoga and together we "locked" all his books about Yoga and everythng related to Yoga in a closet with a key, which I kept and he didn't have a copy.
Once he was "healed", I gave him the key and he could return to Yoga in a non-detrimental way.
(No, I am not authoritarian, I did such thing because he begged me for help because he understood he was having a BIG problem).

You probably know the case of Freud who tried to cure his friend Ernst Fleischl-Marxow (addicted to morphine and heroin) by replacing them with Cocaine, whose effects were not truly known... The sad story is that Ernst died after a Cocaine overdose.

You can't cure an addiction to wine with beer. The ONLY solution is to stop drinking... and after the "obsession" goes away, you can return to "drinking", but knowing where are your LIMITS.

Thus I strongly discourage "meditations", "philosophical solutions", "herbal solutions"... and only a "rehab" will do the trick (which involves avoiding any contact with the "addiction"/"obsession" for a considerable amount of time)... and then slowly returning (if that's what the person wants), but with the knowledge of how to avoid the obsessive behaviour.

The point is that he should not be obsessing about things for which he will never find any solution or final answer for, as shown by the simple fact that mankind has been speculating about such things for thousands of years and has not been able to prove anything regarding them. So he's better off giving them a wide berth and sticking to the cold hard facts.

Seth-Ra
11-08-2016, 02:14 PM
It's always darkest just before the dawn.
Standing at the edge of the answers, the realization of it all... Why turn around and stop?
Sanity and insanity are relative terms; dive in and follow it through until it all "clicks". It might be intense, painful, may even hear that wonderful "crack" as your head "splits" to encompass the All in One... Like the crucible shattering at the production of the Stone.

Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push. How much pushing does it require to turn charcoal into a diamond? There is Order here, a process, an initiation. Don't turn away.

Good luck.

~Seth-Ra

Andro
11-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Don't turn away.

Yes, if you are ready to fully face this particular potentially initiatory process you seem to be going through (and its consequences, whatever they might be).

But if you deeply/genuinely feel you're not ready for the flames, turn away. There will other times/occasions.

Then again, if it's just an obsession taking over (as opposed to an initiatory process), recognize it as such and embrace 'withdrawal' for a while...

Awani
11-08-2016, 04:04 PM
It's always darkest just before the dawn... all it takes is a little push...

You have watched Batman too many times it seems... LOL. But I still agree. :)

Or go 110 % full on into the obsession and screw everything else. Abstain or commit.

Seth-Ra
11-08-2016, 06:19 PM
You have watched Batman too many times it seems... LOL.

Not nearly as often as you'd think. Lol XD

But I still agree. :)

Or go 110 % full on into the obsession and screw everything else. Abstain or commit.

Exactly. Lol :D

~Seth-Ra