PDA

View Full Version : Finished my first spagyric, Lemon Balm!

Franklin Fehrman
11-10-2016, 07:58 PM
Today (Thursday), at dawn, I filtered my Lemon Balm tincture, and calcined the feces. I started with an ounce of plant material and burned it and ground it by hand about 4 times, rewetting with ethanol to start it back on fire. Then, I placed it into a smaller (50 ml) crucible with a lid and calcined it further in the oven at 500 degrees (resting literally right on the very bottom plate). After class, I mixed the Lemon Balm tincture with its salts in the hour of Jupiter, and voila!

Of course, I immediately took a ten drop dose in a glass of distilled water. I plan on taking the tincture for 40 days before starting at the bottom with a Saturn/Horsetail tincture for another 40 days, then my Lemon Balm tincture, then a Sun tincture, etc.

elixirmixer
11-16-2016, 04:27 AM
Good work Franklin!

What happened when you re-combined your salts with your etho-oils?

If completely successful (unlikely on your first attempt) You should have had a complete disappearing of your Salt. You will most likely experience a colour change. And if its gone REALLY well, then some quintessence of Melissa will be hidden within your elixir.

A gentle distillation of this tincture will bring over Quintessence dissolved in the distillate. If there was no colour change, or if there are still solids remaining, then I suggest you take a closer look at your methods.

For instance... did you separate your soluble/non-soluble salts?

How well filtered is your etho-oil solution? (Is it nice and transparent?)

When you re-combined your salt and sulphur/spirit... were they both nice and warm??

Finally, did you Pray? I have found prayer to be one of the biggest deciding factors in my spagryics... Prayer compensates where the artist is ignorant of the correct conditions IMO.