PDA

View Full Version : Gospel of Judas

Awani
12-02-2016, 01:00 AM
Full text (PDF) (http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/_pdf/GospelofJudas.pdf)

The Gnostic texts are very interesting, and this particular gospel is especially fascinating and I can't believe I haven't posted about it before.

Here are a few highlights that I think are very interesting:

When Jesus appeared on earth, he performed miracles and great wonders for the salvation of humanity. And since some [walked] in the way of righteousness while others walked in their transgressions, the twelve disciples were called. He began to speak with them about the mysteries beyond the world and what would take place at the end. Often he did not appear to his disciples as himself, but he was found among them as a child.

Jesus said... "...For to the human generations it has been said, ‘Look, God has received your sacrifice from the hands of a priest’—that is, a minister of error. But it is the Lord, the Lord of the universe, who commands, ‘On the last day they will be put to shame.’"

Jesus said, “The souls of every human generation will die. When these people, however, have completed the time of the kingdom and the spirit leaves them, their bodies will die but their souls will be alive, and they will be taken up.”

Jesus said, “[Come], that I may teach you about [secrets] no person [has] ever seen. For there exists a great and boundless realm, whose extent no generation of angels has seen, [in which] there is [a] great invisible [Spirit]... ...the enlightened divine Self-Generated..."

If you are looking for an alternative word for God then The Enlightened Divine Self-Generated is a pretty good option. ;)

:cool:

ArcherSage
12-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Of course..hes talking about the realm of barbelo, the land of light where the aeons and the pure spirit race descends from and must return through spiritual transmutation of the soul. Behold! the exit from this world is the same as the entrance! Praise be to Yesseus Mazareus the savior of the light race!

elixirmixer
12-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Yes, Barbelo is 'the great womb' of which was born the WORD. To reach Barbelo is to reach the Father, of which the only WAY through, is the Son, for His Kingdoms exist "in front of" or "below" the realm of Barbelo. In other words, not only is Christ conciousness required, but also to be selected or better word 'elected' for the ordinance of Godhood which occurs in the bridal chamber. Only these very select few are invited to perform the greatest works of the Divine, which most certainly occurs within the realm of Barbelo, for it's is numberless, completely unlimited and eternal.

ArcherSage
12-02-2016, 10:17 PM
I love the gnostic version of the redemption of the light race, its almost like the beings of fire/light are trapped in this material world and so God sends his son to incarnate this world to show his fellow beings of light the way out of this prison. I personally believe the holy spirit has inhabited and taken many different forms throughout history and guided those who seek for the exit. I am currently writing a book about this topic.

Awani
12-02-2016, 11:06 PM
I am currently writing a book about this topic.

Cool. I am (and have) kind of also. :)

Kiorionis
12-03-2016, 04:02 AM
Well shit, I want to write one too now..

Lol

elixirmixer
12-03-2016, 12:05 PM
to you it is given to know that which pertains to the kingdom, to these it is not given...

Our Lord is the CornerStone, of which all stones are conferred.

I have made my own practical experimentation with The Holy Spirit. I'm am happy to share my experience through a private request (if the stone is to be sacredly protected, how much more The Holy Spirit of God)

The Gospel of Judus is more (IMO) an auxiliary text to the more platform 'Pistis Sophia'

The Gnostic breakdown:
...to be continued...

zoas23
12-03-2016, 12:29 PM
I love the gnostic version of the redemption of the light race, its almost like the beings of fire/light are trapped in this material world and so God sends his son to incarnate this world to show his fellow beings of light the way out of this prison. I personally believe the holy spirit has inhabited and taken many different forms throughout history and guided those who seek for the exit. I am currently writing a book about this topic.

The Gospel of Judas is very clearly Sethian. I like Sethianism, but my mad love is for Valentinean Gnosticism.
The book sounds interesting if you compare who are the Elected among different rites (both modern and primitive... Greek Mystery rites... Sethianism, Ophites, Valentinean, Yezzidi, Parsi, Manichean, Mandaeism... and then Cathar, Druze, etc).

Andro
12-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Praise be to Yesseus Mazareus the savior of the light race!

Some off-pulpit inquiries:

What other races are there, besides the 'light race'? (perhaps you could make a list of all the races?)

Do the other races also have their respective saviors?

And who is 'Mazareus'? What's the etymology of this word/name?

zoas23
12-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Some off-pulpit inquiries:

What other races are there, besides the 'light race'? (perhaps you could make a list of all the races?)

Do the other races also have their respective saviors?

If you stick to traditional Sethian Gnosticism, the races are three: the race of Cain, the race of Abel and the race of Seth (a.k.a. the light race).
Or to be more accurate:
Cainites
Abelites
Sethians

These three races don't seem to follow a "racist" theory in the Sethian texts, but they appear more like initiation grades. Though the idea seems to have been somehow borrowed from previous sources which worked with VERY similar ideas and were the "races" were certainly biological (i.e, the Yezzidi tradition, the Parsi tradition).

If you follow a strict Sethian vision, then the Cainites and the Abelites won't be saved.

P.S, another obvious influence is Plato and his famous threefold division of mankind in rulers (Philosophers), Warriors and Peasants/workers.

Valentinean Gnosticism, which was certainly influenced by Sethian Gnosticism (Sethinism precedes Valentine's Gnosis) ket the threefold division and it became Hylists/Somatics - Psychics - Pneumatics.

In the Christian Gnostic Systems the "races" played an important role, but they were not really "biological" races. I.e, in Sethianism this is a bit confusing, in Valentinean Gnosticism it's very clear that they are somehow different levels of initiation.

Though the Gnostic systems followed in most cases the idea of reincarnation, so if you have not attained your salvation during your life, it wasn't a "game over", but mostly like an "insert another coin and play again".

ArcherSage
12-03-2016, 01:30 PM
According to the Sethian texts, Seth's bloodline is the only pure bloodline descended from the true non tainted spirit race (because the Archons impregnated eve before Seth). There are physical seeds as well as spiritual seeds that are attached to those..If you are not a light spirit that is currently incarnated in human form, then it is likely you have a "tainted" spirit that must be 'baptized" which has nothing to do with real water, rather the baptism is by fire. The destruction of the previous state the soul was in, is necessary for "Christ" to repair the soul to its true state. So even spirits that are not of the same origin can be converted into such a soul during one or more lifetimes. Yesseus is Jesus, also known as Ichthus, the living water/fish. Mazareus I believe comes from Nazōraios which is Nazarene in Greek. Many of the Gnostic texts were written in Greek as well as Egyptian Coptic, and sometimes combined the two in the same text.

Andro
12-03-2016, 01:46 PM
So I gather that according to this particular lineage, there is the possibility of 'vertical mobility' between the so-called 'races'? (either by 'initiation' or 'baptism' or any other 'system upgrade' methods...)

Also, does it have anything to do with physical races? ('black', 'white', etc...)

I asked about 'Mazareus' because in the context of 'Nazareth/Nazarene', I would have expected N instead of M...

zoas23
12-03-2016, 03:19 PM
So I gather that according to this particular lineage, there is the possibility of 'vertical mobility' between the so-called 'races'? (either by 'initiation' or 'baptism' or any other 'system upgrade' methods...)

Also, does it have anything to do with physical races? ('black', 'white', etc...)

Yes, it wasn't like, say, the Hindu Caste System.
Christian Gnosticism was for sure initiatic... so they are more like three levels of understanding (of Episteme) rather than biological races.
Have in mind that Sethianism began as a non-Christian Gnostic system (actually more related to the Jewish religion), it became "Christianized" later and some Sethians began to adopt Valentinean views (i.e, they became Valentinean Gnostics)... BUT Valentinean Gnosticism, in return, influenced a lot the Sethian Gnostics who were NOT Valentinean.

This page has a short chronology that is fairly good: http://jdt.unl.edu/lithist.html

The idea of the three races was central to the Sethian System... BUT they are not exactly biological races. It was however, somehow implicit that if you had attained the third grade, then you were a descendant of Seth since your biological birth... but no text suggests that there was a "racist" theory behind the idea.

Another version of this same thing is the division between the:
Sons of the Earth.
Sons of Man:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_man
Sons of God: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_God

Some PREVIOUS traditions that certainly influenced Sethian Gnosticism had indeed a quite "racist" view (using the word in its modern definition)... Specially the Yezzidi and Parsi Religions. Mandaeism was similar to them in that sense (and contemporary to Sethianism, but quite unrelated since the Messiah was John the Baptist and Jesus was a "fake" messiah).

The three categories are VERY related to the parable of the Salt and the Light in the sermon of the mountain...

The salt that has lost its flavour, the salt and the salt that receives the light. An alchemical interpretation is quite tempting, but I won't go that far!

As for the question if Sethian Gnosticism was "racist", the answer is probably "yes"... HOWEVER it was not "racist" under modern definitions of the word (i.e, completely unrelated to biological races -i.e, black, white, etc)... but they believed that only the race of Seth could find its redemption (and the race of Cain and Abel couldn't), but they were initiatory grades rather than "biological races".

I'm not a BIG BIG fan of Sethian Gnosis and I prefer the Valentinean version though (Sethianism was extremely dualistic, almost manichean... Valentinean Gnosticism somehow relativized this extreme dualism).

ArcherSage
12-03-2016, 03:56 PM
I would say it was not about physical races, rather it is about the spiritual seed within humans. There is a link between the physical and spiritual seed, sex is the bond between the two realms. Therefore the Gnostic texts state that those not descended purely from Seth (who was not the offspring of the Archons which introduced what Christ refers to as the "counterfeit spirit"), need redeeming by receiving the holy spirit, which purifies the tainted spirit back to its original state before the contamination.

zoas23
12-03-2016, 04:07 PM
I would say it was not about physical races, rather it is about the spiritual seed within humans. There is a link between the physical and spiritual seed, sex is the bond between the two realms. Therefore the Gnostic texts state that those not descended purely from Seth (who was not the offspring of the Archons which introduced what Christ refers to as the "counterfeit spirit"), need redeeming by receiving the holy spirit, which purifies the tainted spirit back to its original state before the contamination.

Yeah... which is why the parable of the salt and the light (in the Sermon of the Mount) becomes quite similar to this idea.
(and maybe it's the part of the Bible which is more open to very direct and explicit alchemical interpretations).

ArcherSage
12-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Its both! Alchemy exists in more than one way. Anything can be transmuted/transformed/improved.

elixirmixer
12-04-2016, 02:23 AM
Highest light world consisting of three levels of initiation (Celestial Kingdom)
High light world (Terrestrial Kingdom)
Lower light world (Telestial Kingdom)
The Midst
The Viel
The thirteenth aeon
The twelveth aeon
The eleventh aeon ......
The first aeon

Earth

Spirit world
The chaos
Sheol
Outer Darkness

To enter the Telestial kingdom the only pre-requisite is to not fully give your soul to the devil, join the illuminati, take the mark of the beast, or shed innocent blood. The vast majority of humanity will end up here. The atheists, the judges, doctors, lawyers, politicians, priests, are in danger of not making it to this place at all. Basically if you have authority over other men, make sure you don't abuse your power. Power abusers don't get to chill in the Kingdoms of Heaven.

Going up - level 2: men's ware and the terrestrial kingdom.
The terrestrial kingdom is a lovely place to be, and also is another highlight of the importance and power of Christ. The people who are in the terrestrial kingdom have lived quite honourable lives, we're believers in Christ, and all in all, tried putting some effort into helping others. Unfortunately though, this tier was still deceived by "the craftiness of men" and did not attain to their full perfection.

Penthouse suite: Celestial Kingdom.
Broken up into three levels, of which the highest of these levels are the 'elect of God' Given rulership over the universe, these people are those who gave a full devotion to God, killed the natural man (baptism) purged (40 days in desert) were endowed (received power from on high to help fight the spiritual war) and it is also a requirement to be happily married (or have had a happy marriage) in order to enter the higher realms (which I am forbidden to really talk about) *cough* completely f'ing limitless *cough*

and a man shall be joined to his wife, and they shall be one flesh

This is a physical transformation and union between the happily married (and worthy) couple. It is what brings you into the family of Elohim. All of the Elohim are united male/female forces.

This "race" situation is pretty groovy actually. It is both a blood line thing and an initiation thing also. Through baptism we are adopted into the 'light race' although, there are in my opinion still greater places to be.

This basic rundown of the structure of the heavens is validated in many texts, most especially Pistis Sophia, and in great and epic detail 'Doctrine and Covenants' (it's a Mormon text)

For all Serious Christians reading, let me distinguish the difference between the people who believed in Christ, and yet only attained to the Terrestrial Kingdom and those who enter the Celestial Kingdom and the bridal chamber...

Those who only enter into the Terrestrial Kingdom are those that, while having a sense of belief, and a desire to do good to others, we're still deceived by the devil, lived very worldy lives, having sex outside of marriage, maintaining the 9 - 5 and submitting to the ever changing and de-volving perspective of the world. These people did not find the true meaning of baptism, did not kill the natural man (that which is sensual and lusting ((read the first book in corpus hermetically)) and did not take upon them the name of Christ and his priesthood AKA was not baptised into THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST and relieve of "The Holy Order after The Order of The Son of God" or in other words, the Melchezedik Priesthood, the true authority from God to perform the salvation ordinances such as baptism and sacrament ect...

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one gets to the Father except through me.

Paul new testiment :

I knew a man who was caught up the the third Heaven. There are bodies celestial and there are bodies terrestrial and there are body's like the stars (Telestial)

The reason that 98% of modern Christianity has been converted into complete BS is because they do not look into the alchemical symbology, the hidden symbolic meanings behind their ordanances, such as the dipping into water is suppose to represent the actual physical process of rejecting all food products and goin out into the wilderness to be apart from the world, so that the naturalism is slowly starved to death, and is replaced by the spiritual man. This only occurs during HEAVY fasting periods, of which the majority of Christians are far too busy stuffing themselves with pork that they couldn't possibly see the sense in starving ones self, at least for more than perhaps a day, which is sad, since it is such a foundational pillar in what is actually the greatest practise in the world, that of worshipping God and His Son, who has saved us from Hell and who has opened the 'way' so that we may then be with Him, drinking the wine of Heaven, celebrating the union of God and Man.

God:
My work and my glory is this; to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

ArcherSage
12-04-2016, 04:15 AM
We must find our Syzygy while on this plane, only they can enter the bridal chamber.

Kiorionis
12-04-2016, 04:24 AM
Syzygy

I've heard only a few interpretations of this word/concept. Would you mind sharing your own?

elixirmixer
12-04-2016, 05:35 AM
Yeah I've never heard of this term; however if it has anything to do with the chamber of secrets :p then I wanna know :D

ArcherSage
12-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Female and male spirits united into one as they originally were, however this has nothing to do with the physical sexes. You can have a man with a feminine spirit who loves another man with a masculine spirit. The syzygy is the re union of the balance that was broken, however BOTH individuals must be balanced with both energies for it to work properly. Adam and Eve WERE a syzygy before the separation, thus the return to Eden is through restoring the imbalance. You can have that balance within yourself, however I believe the journey is only possible through more than one spirit.

Andro
12-04-2016, 01:54 PM
You can have that balance within yourself, however I believe the journey is only possible through more than one spirit.

Spirit having a 'gender' makes no sense to me personally, however:

Stumbled upon this concept that I really liked:

Two Spirit is a modern umbrella term used by some indigenous North Americans to describe certain spiritual people - gay, lesbian, bisexual and gender-variant individuals - in their communities...

SOURCE (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit)

So-called 'Two-Spirited' people are indeed considered 'sacred' in various indigenous traditions, however, I see Spirit as already 'complete' in and of itself. It's the 'superfluities' that make it look/appear like having certain specific attributes (gender being one of them), such as genetics blocking certain aspects from being expressed and enhancing the expression of other aspects, etc...

PS: What was that Gnostic Gospel where Mr. J says that the male has to be made like the female and the female like the male? (or else - no kingdom of heaven for you!)

elixirmixer
12-04-2016, 02:11 PM
PS: What was that Gnostic Gospel where Mr. J says that the male has to be made like the female and the female like the male? (or else - no kingdom of heaven for you!)

That would be "The Gospel of Thomas" - Naghammadi Library (One of my favourite sections of gnostic literature and definatly some great hunting grounds for alchemical understandings)

Spirit having a 'gender' makes no sense to me personally, however:

If it is not the spirit which en-genders an individual.. what is it then?

I personally think that it is the spirit that en-genders, while it is the soul that has the ability to define its own sexual orientation, hence some of the 'anomalies' :p

Awani
12-04-2016, 02:21 PM
“When you make the two into one, and make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and so make the male and the female a single one so that the male won’t be male nor the female female; when you make eyes in the place of an eye, a hand in the place of a hand, a foot in the place of a foot, and an image in the place of an image; then you’ll enter [the kingdom]." - Gospel of Thomas

Spirit has no gender, as far at the "two spirit" concept I think that is speaking of spirit in another term... I am a spirit here on Earth, but when I die I will be a higher/different spirit. So in the infinite cosmos I have no gender, but here on Earth I can be a two-spiritor not.

Andro
12-04-2016, 02:38 PM
If it is not the spirit which en-genders an individual.. what is it then?

Genetics.

it is the soul that has the ability to define its own sexual orientation

The 'soul' has no gender or sexual orientation either. It's the body that does. It's common to anthropomorphize other planes of 'reality', projecting our own physically incarnated qualities upon them.

hence some of the 'anomalies'

What some call 'anomalies' may well be the next step in human evolution and/or spiritual awakening. See the X-Men example...

Who's to tell? Time, I guess... and certainly not some books or consensus/majoritarian definitions of what is an 'anomaly' and what is 'normal'...

And by the way (without implying anything in particular), 'elites' or 'initiates', no matter in what area, are ALWAYS a minority. The rest just stick with what they've been fed and merely parrot it forwards.

I think Mr. J did a very good job in conveying some very deep and potentially transforming/illuminating messages/rotes. IF he indeed existed historically, I can see why he was perceived as a 'danger'. MAJOR threat to the Status-Quo. And things haven't changed much in this regard... if at all... The large majority never really 'gets' it and instead comes up with all sorts of rationalizations and mental fabrications, masquerading as Understanding.

IMO.

PS:

hence some of the 'anomalies'

Speaking of which - Mr J. was quite an 'anomaly' himself... Perhaps even BOTH Js (Jesus & Judas) . . . Who knows, maybe they were even very close...

---------------------------------------------------

Andro
12-04-2016, 02:40 PM
“When you make the two into one, and make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and so make the male and the female a single one so that the male won’t be male nor the female female; when you make eyes in the place of an eye, a hand in the place of a hand, a foot in the place of a foot, and an image in the place of an image; then you’ll enter [the kingdom]." - Gospel of Thomas

Thanks. I was looking for this for some time, but couldn't locate it...

zoas23
12-04-2016, 04:28 PM
1. The Bridal Chamber is the last of the sacraments and the most important one.

2. Some interpretations lead to the idea that TWO physical person are involved in this "wedding", some other interpretations lead to the idea that only ONE physical person is involved in this wedding (I support this second opinion).

3. One of the best sources is the Gospel of Philip: http://gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html

4. Christian Gnosticism was very anthropomorphic... same thing goes for other *rites* which were its contemporaries (i.e, Hermeticism).

5. The idea is that the fall kept the IMAGE, but not the likeness... the Image gets married with the Likeness (of God). The Likeness is represented as an entity of the opposite sex (not a physical entity in my opinion).

6. The aim of the "wedding" is, as described by Philip, that the "person is no longer a Christian but a Christ."