PDA

View Full Version : Alchemy and the Green Lion - Steven School

Illen A. Cluf
12-25-2016, 11:17 PM
Has anyone here read this book? Is it worth the read?

http://www.lulu.com/shop/steven-school/alchemy-and-the-green-lion/paperback/product-21233131.html

Thanks.

Kiorionis
12-25-2016, 11:55 PM
I have not read it. I am only hearing about it now for the first time.

Awani
12-26-2016, 02:58 AM
We should not judge a book by its cover, but these are the keywords the seller has chosen (those marked in red might be a warning sign not to get this book from my perspective only of course):

the green lion, the red lion, real alchemy, book of aquarius, winchester mystery house, sara lee, facebook, the philosophers stone, the magnum opus, hermetic art, youtube, sams club, whole foods, tgi fridays, tanger outlet mall, reebok, nike, alenka bikar, ninja, government

Not sure why so many tags/keywords that are brands?

:cool:

Illen A. Cluf
12-26-2016, 04:10 AM
We should not judge a book by its cover, but these are the keywords the seller has chosen (those marked in red might be a warning sign not to get this book from my perspective only of course):

the green lion, the red lion, real alchemy, book of aquarius, winchester mystery house, sara lee, facebook, the philosophers stone, the magnum opus, hermetic art, youtube, sams club, whole foods, tgi fridays, tanger outlet mall, reebok, nike, alenka bikar, ninja, government

Not sure why so many tags/keywords that are brands?

Thanks, Dev - I missed those tag words earlier. The mention of the "Book of Aquarius" alone is enough to turn me off! "Reebok and "Nike"??? Yuck! Sounds pretentious.

zoas23
12-26-2016, 05:59 AM
I don't know this book at all, I do not know the author either... BUT to use the "keywords" as a guide is not truly wise.
There is a "war" going on... the "war" is about who wins in google.
I.e, you write a book on alchemy and you decide to sell it and your main tool will be the internet... You are going to need to be found by those who use google... if your key words are "Alchemy, Royal Art, Philosopher's Stone, Wet Path"... then you are probably going to lose... probably the web of Adam MacLean will show up first, then probably the definition of Alchemy in Wikipedia, then maybe a video game called "alchemy", etc...

I have a web about Art and Hermeticism (i.e, about contemporary painters, sculptors, etc who work with Hermetic Symbols)... Those who know a thing or two about web design know what HTML tags are... I often write WEIRD words too in the tags (which are "hidden" in the page, though anyone can check them by looking at the HTML code, but they are mostly designed for google). I also use google analytics (an free online software that google offers and shows you what people has searched to arrive to your page).

The #1 search phrase that leads to my page is "ass art" (well, this is a translation, the phrase that has good results for me is the same, but in Spanish).

This is because of an essay I wrote about MArcel Duchamp which is there in my page... and it includes a picture of his L.H.O.O.Q.

http://www.artofcolour.com/painting-profile/profiles-no6-files/lhooq.jpg

A postcard of the Mona Lisa in which Duchamp wrote L.H.O.O.Q., which sounds like "Elle a chaud au cul" in French ("She is hot in the ass")... this is similar to the name of the band U2, which sounds like "you too" in English.

LOL... I think my web is quite good... and strangely MOST people who visit it are looking for the image of a butt (at least according to google).

The choice of words for this book is a bit weird (I don't think it will give him good results, because "nike" is somehow too far from what he is selling)... but if you use the most OBVIOUS words, then you are probably not going to get good results in google.

LOL... if the AUTHOR designed the cover, then I'd say that judging a book by its cover is not always a bad idea.... but judging it by the key words.. They are simply a "trick" to try to get good results in google, nothing else. I wouldn't mind seeing "Elvis is alive" in the key words if the author thought that such thing will work in google.

Other than that, the description of the book didn't convince me to click the "purchase" button. So I don't think I will buy it unless someone else does and writes a very enthusiast review.

Awani
12-26-2016, 12:41 PM
BUT to use the "keywords" as a guide is not truly wise. There is a "war" going on... the "war" is about who wins in google.

Sites that use tags or meta tags or whatever, that are utterly irrelevant to the content are eventually viewed as spam sites. If I was selling this book I would use tags like "how to make gold", "history of alchemy", "X name of multiple alchemists" etc. Such sites might get lots of visitors, but what a site wants is visitors who "do" something... quality not quantity is what matters.

People who get bad results in google don't know how to google. I have seen this a lot at work when people google for something. They simply don't know "how to do it".

Btw use this (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5063-Ecosia), not google.

Illen A. Cluf
12-26-2016, 03:42 PM
Well, it's really about the state of mind of the person who chooses the tags. If that person feels that he needs to uses commercial tags like 'Reebok' and 'Nike' to draw attention to his book, it shows a mind which is indoctrinated by materialistic labels, rather than intrinsic quality. Also, the need to point to a book like the 'Book of Aquarius' which was so popular to newbies, but was only about quoting previous sources, and written by someone who never made the Stone, seems to suggest someone who is only looking for attention. It's hard to believe that such a mind that provides these tags could even begin to comprehend the minds of the true alchemists, which I feel is absolutely necessary to solve their mystery. Perhaps I'm being overly judgmental, but I think this is justified in the case when only specific tags are provided to justify purchasing a book.

Thus this book is likely like so many in the market - a repetition of everything "popular" that has already been said without saying anything or adding anything new. I wouldn't be surprised if it was yet another take on using antimony as the subject matter. "Antimony" seems to be the popular buzzword these days. I was giving the book a chance by asking if anyone else had read it and could recommend it - otherwise I won't even bother purchasing it.

Awani
12-26-2016, 04:12 PM
Well, it's really about the state of mind of the person who chooses the tags.

I was going to bring this point up, but had a knock on the door so forgot. LOL.

Yes I think this is key. Because if it is a LULU books it is probable that the author is also the seller.

Kiorionis
12-26-2016, 04:58 PM
I was giving the book a chance by asking if anyone else had read it and could recommend it - otherwise I won't even bother purchasing it.

At the bottom of the site you linked, Illen, there was a link to the (I'm assuming) author's blog. Have you read it? It might give a better perspective of what's in his book.

Genuine Observations (http://blog.genuineobservations.com/category/alchemy/)

alfr
12-27-2016, 09:28 AM
hi
here there are also more information about books dvd many photos and experiment of this strange steven school see link
http://howtomakethephilosophersstone.com/

http://howtomakethephilosophersstone.com/the-philosophers-stone-book.php

i have read many pdf and hear dvvd by this strange method but i have about if all it are true many many much doubts and very fair skepticism
and it is known that good researchers and investigators who have tried this method no one is arrived to get the results and will most histrionically publicised
(however (as we will see) then for consolation you can pass the metal detector and treasure hunt )

my best regard

Andro
12-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Hi Alfr,

Is this another Urine-based/Book of Aquarius type of 'method'?

At least the book doesn't cost many hundreds of dollars, but only 12 bucks and change...

And we have the added benefit that even if we're not into alchemy, we can also buy recipes for Chinese take-out food from the same author (http://www.lulu.com/shop/steven-school/chinese-takeout-recipes/paperback/product-21242076.html) :)

alfr
12-27-2016, 10:56 AM
andro I agree LOL LOL

Andro
12-27-2016, 11:02 AM
Alfr, it appears that you read some of his stuff, so my question was:

Does it involve any Urine and/or 'Book of Aquarius' elements?

Illen A. Cluf
12-27-2016, 07:29 PM
At the bottom of the site you linked, Illen, there was a link to the (I'm assuming) author's blog. Have you read it? It might give a better perspective of what's in his book.

Genuine Observations (http://blog.genuineobservations.com/category/alchemy/)

Yes, I looked at his blog, but unfortunately, he doesn't provide much useful information.

Illen A. Cluf
12-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Hi Alfr,

Is this another Urine-based/Book of Aquarius type of 'method'?

At least the book doesn't cost many hundreds of dollars, but only 12 bucks and change...

But.... there are only 32 pages! Most books are 8 times as long but only twice or thrice as expensive.

And we have the added benefit that even if we're not into alchemy, we can also buy recipes for Chinese take-out food from the same author (http://www.lulu.com/shop/steven-school/chinese-takeout-recipes/paperback/product-21242076.html) :)

That certainly makes up for it! LOL

zoas23
12-28-2016, 12:38 AM

If we gather a group of 12, then we can collectively get the book on the mysteries of the Chinese take out food for $1 each.
(The ONLY food that beats the Chinese food is the Arabian food... Blessed be the Falafel and the Humus!).

Anyone interested in the Chinese alchemical & canonical path of the Chop Suey? I am! (LOL.. this is somehow a joke and somehow not a joke... who doesn't love a good chop suey?).