PDA

View Full Version : Alchemy Congress

Awani
01-05-2017, 12:58 AM
For the past 5 years we have had the Alchemy Congress four times.

First in Paris, and then the rest in Amsterdam. Each time there has been different activities and themes, also different people (but mostly the same crowd).

Here are the groups photos of these gatherings:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/AF_zpsgpo8njoj.jpg

We also usually have some sort of ceremony involving some form of psychedelic. Initially I did this because I wanted to share my own awesome experiences with others... and then the annual practice of doing this during the Congress was done, eventually, out of habit/tradition.

I take psychedelic/sacred plant-work very seriously. I also do not feel comfortable doing it with people who do not feel the same way. I am certainly not saying that this is the case with everyone that has attended these Congresses over time... but there is "some" of this I feel.

The path I am on is very important to me... if I did not walk on this path I would either be dead, insane or in prison. I cannot waste the little precious time I have catering to psychedelic tourism. That is not my calling.

And please, no one that has attended in the past need to feel singled out, or that I am complaining about YOU in particular... this is about me. I simply don't feel comfortable with it any longer.

Although I do not have an issue with meeting someone 1-on-1, or even a small group of 3 people or so, if all involved feel the same as me - then I can host a little ceremony (send me a PM, but if I have not already met you, or had a long-term relationship with you online, then don't bother).

When I have done such small gatherings in the past, with close friends, it has always been amazing. Much more "breakthrough" than what I view the results of any ceremony done during these official Congress gatherings.

For these reasons there will not be another Alchemy Congress in the format that has so far been existing. Somewhat of a shame since I have actually noticed an increase in interest (PM, Email etc).

------------------------------------------------

However...

If we have an Alchemy Congress without psychedelics I am game.

Although it will not be hosted by me (frankly I "host" too many things and got to draw the line somewhere), so someone else will have to be the host. I simply do not have the time.

Currently I am producing a weekly podcast, editing a documentary, writing a few books and some other projects, building up a non-profit organisation from the ground up, going to work, making some music projects, starting my University studies and raising a daughter. I'm also active in this forum (but that is usually during breaks from all the other stuff). I am doing a few other things as well that I refrain from mentioning here.

So if anyone wants to host Alchemy Congress number five please stand-up!

:cool:

elixirmixer
01-05-2017, 01:06 AM
Dev, is the congress invite only?

What time of year is congress?

What are the happenings of such a congress?

How do I make DMT? lol

Awani
01-05-2017, 01:42 AM
Is the congress invite only? = you have to apply

What time of year is congress? = it depends on the year

What are the happenings of such a congress? = networking, sharing alchemy wisdom, talks, podcasting, sightseeing, psychedelic ceremony (in the past), discussions like in the forum, but live etc.

How do I make DMT? = it makes you

Aham
01-13-2017, 07:20 PM
Dev, I believe the Congress has been in held in Amsterdam for a couple of reasons. :) However, if there is a congress in 2017 in Amsterdam, I would definitely like to attend (work schedule willing).

ghetto alchemist
01-13-2017, 08:21 PM
All right...I'll step up and host one.
Since I'm in Australia...mine doesn't have to be the official Alchemy Forums Conference 2017,
but rather the "Down Under" version.

I got a large house with 4 bedrooms each with double beds, a balcony with space for a tent (kind of a 5th room) and plenty of backyard space for a few tents. The house has 2 bathrooms, 2 toilets, massive kitchen, and plenty of room. I'll have to charge $10-$15 per person per day though, just to cover expenses such as hot water, electricity, laundry and cleaning.

For time...I guess early spring would be best... September or October depending what suits people better. Maybe aim for a 4 day conference.

Activities...since I never been do an Amsterdam conference, I don't even know what you guys normally do. I can do a sea water precipitate demo, and vacuum distillation demo. Maybe we can do an expedition to the local wilderness to find some local plants and do a spagyric extraction.

Alcohol consumption is ok.....other substances ok I guess, as long as kept on the low down.
Unlike Dev though I don't want any psychedelic ceremonies or consumption.
Only because if someone has a psychotic episode, it'll fuck it up for everyone, and get police and emergency services involved, which I would definately like to avoid.

Having the police turn up for fireworks disturbances though is no problem for me.
So if you have fireworks, or know how to make them......then bring em along!!
Heck, I'll settle for just a few loud bangs...surely some of you know how to make black powder.

Looking forward to see if there's any interest. Maybe Mr ElixirMixer won't mind making the drive to Southern NSW.

JDP
01-13-2017, 10:20 PM
All right...I'll step up and host one.
Since I'm in Australia...mine doesn't have to be the official Alchemy Forums Conference 2017,
but rather the "Down Under" version.

I got a large house with 4 bedrooms each with double beds, a balcony with space for a tent (kind of a 5th room) and plenty of backyard space for a few tents. The house has 2 bathrooms, 2 toilets, massive kitchen, and plenty of room. I'll have to charge $10-$15 per person per day though, just to cover expenses such as hot water, electricity, laundry and cleaning.

For time...I guess early spring would be best... September or October depending what suits people better. Maybe aim for a 4 day conference.

Activities...since I never been do an Amsterdam conference, I don't even know what you guys normally do. I can do a sea water precipitate demo, and vacuum distillation demo. Maybe we can do an expedition to the local wilderness to find some local plants and do a spagyric extraction.

Alcohol consumption is ok.....other substances ok I guess, as long as kept on the low down.
Only because if someone has a psychotic episode, it'll fuck it up for everyone, and get police and emergency services involved, which I would definately like to avoid.

Having the police turn up for fireworks disturbances though is no problem for me.
So if you have fireworks, or know how to make them......then bring em along!!
Heck, I'll settle for just a few loud bangs...surely some of you know how to make black powder.

Looking forward to see if there's any interest. Maybe Mr ElixirMixer won't mind making the drive to Southern NSW.

Black powder, flash powders (even the unusual sulfate-based ones!), Berge's blasting powder (a curious and relatively "safe" composition for a chlorate-based explosive; it can explode like black powder or detonate like dynamite, depending on how it is initiated: if you set it off with a fuse it behaves like a low explosive, but if you set it off with a detonator/blasting cap it behaves like a high explosive), Hafenegger-type explosives, nitrocellulose, ammonium nitrate... I've experimented with all these in the past to get extra "bangs" for New Year's and 4th of July celebrations. It is one of my passions, besides alchemy & "chymistry". But ever since I discovered the empirical reality of transmutation, my efforts have been mostly in that field, explosives have taken a distant second place.

ghetto alchemist
01-14-2017, 05:06 AM
That's it JDP...you've just sold me.
I'll lock in the "Down Under" Alchemy Forums Conference 2017 for the 2nd-6th November. (Thurs-Mon)
The 5th November is a Sunday....Guy Faulkes Day!

Thurs 2 Nov- everyone start to arrive. BBQ dinner
Fri 3 Nov - alchemy/chemistry demonstrations from participants + tour of local tourist attractions
Sat 4 Nov - expedition to surrounding forest to forage for plants + arrive back and perform extractions
Sun 5 Nov- daytime -> prepare fireworks | night-time -> bonfire + lighting of fireworks (maybe burn an effigy of someone unpopular)
Mon 6 Nov departure

Put it in your diaries everyone. Hope to see your smiling faces.
JDP if you cant make it yourself (highly likely since you're far away), maybe you can give some technical support.

elixirmixer
01-14-2017, 06:22 AM
Alchemy demonstrations, wild forest missions and home made explosives. I'm in :cool:

elixirmixer
01-14-2017, 06:51 AM
How many Aussie Alchemists do we have here probably not that many...

ghetto alchemist
01-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Great! I was hoping you'd be up for the trip ElixerMixer.
There's a couple of others from Australia, but they're not very active.

For anyone who wants to book plane/train or bus tickets....if you arrange travel to and from Canberra then I'll be able to arrange the rest.

elixirmixer
01-14-2017, 12:39 PM
I will do my best to give a demonstration of Vegetable Quintessence at the AF DU BBQ :o

elixirmixer
01-14-2017, 10:51 PM
We should have a unified goal to achieve at this AF Down Under Congress.

My suggestions: The Volatilization of some salts in essential oil.(Have you ever tried them!?)

And, perhaps if the numbers are up, I may bring some of the 'Big Boy' chems and we could make an Oil of Luna or something pretty special like that...

Not sure how Alchemy you guys wanna get. I prefer my baptisms full immersion ;)

However, also just happy to go with the flow and put some names to faces ect..

ghetto alchemist
01-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Mr Mixer I think if you spell out exactly what you're going to share or present, then maybe that will help to boost the numbers, simply by other people being interested to learn what you're going to teach.

I also agree with you about it being good simply being able to put some faces to names.

Andro
01-15-2017, 11:21 AM
I also agree with you about it being good simply being able to put some faces to names.

I suppose it's only going to be for a few Aussies... Not many of you guys around here... It might end up with just the two of you...

I also attended an 'Alchemical Congress' of sorts in Australia (in 2013), but not related to this forum... (although I got to speak with Ghetto Alchemist on the phone :))

I am not really interested in social gatherings, even if they're called "alchemical"... If I meet with other Alchemists in the future, it will be most likely 1x1 or in a much smaller group, with circumstances providing not only space for study but also an actual lab to perform experiments and test concepts... Most likely for me - such future meetings will be with people who are not on this forum (with 1 or 2 or 3 exceptions)...

Last edited by elixirmixer (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/posthistory.php?p=47089); 12 Hours Ago at 11:52 PM. Reason: grammerIt's spelled grammar.

elixirmixer
01-15-2017, 11:32 AM
Okay Ghetto, What sort of arrangements do you currently have as far as lab equipment goes?

EDIT: You said that you had a big house? Are there others living with you or could it just end up with me and you setting up Australias awesome-st set up all on our own as Andro suggested. Have you spoken to many other aussies on this forum? Whats your insurance like? Should I bring ether?!?.. no... I probably shouldn't bring ether.... I do have some reeeeal great ideas brewing for this, and the time frame is great. I was looking to kick off my alchemy company next spring so this will be a great opportunity to share the things I've prepared and are preparing :)

I will also be looking for distributors, who live in other states all around Australia, and what better people to share alchemical elixirs with Australians, then other fellow Australian alchemists!!!a

I'll give a great 'Alchemist only membership' into the company :)

Not sure if you've heard of "Herb a Life" but it will be a similar pyramid system, get products cheap, sell them for double, while also signing up other people to distribute and getting 1-2% of each of their sales also ect...

(In truth, none of the initial products getting released are Alchemical at all, I will just be testing the 'business' waters with general natural medicinal preparations first, then if the first year doesnt bring me to my knees then I will release the good stuff)

Raving, sorry...

I; Mr. Elixir Will be sharing several demonstrations at Ghetto Alchemist's 'Down Under Alchemy Doof/Congress'

Firstly, I'm sure we will ALL be preparing a basic plant spagyric from start to finish. (Hopefully with something we find in the forest, but im sure we'll have back-ups)

Secondly, I will create prior to the event, and encase with a document, a special substance dear to my heart, Quintessence of Tumeric (or maybe some other herb) and we can all get a taste of it and see really and truly what a well prepared Elixir should be; its character and its penetrative virtues.

Thirdly, depending on equipment and time constraints, we may visit a basic spagyric of metals, and observe a dry distillation of.... we should probably keep it mild here, Ghetto A. probably has neighbours..... maybe potassium? calcium? Sodium? If we get numbers we can have a vote... I'm happy to do the more desired metals, just depends what Ghetto A. is comfortable with.

And last but not least, I will use the oils to attempt some advanced metallic spagyrics, which I have not attempted before, but the philosophy seems sound to me, and I hope for some pretty amazing results.

I hope to also be a bit more reserved by the time congress comes :)

Even if it just ends up me and you mate, at least we know we are the most rocking it Aussie Alchemists in the World! :cool:

ghetto alchemist
01-16-2017, 12:26 AM
Regarding the house...the area you guys will be staying in is fully self contained and separate and you'll have it to yourself/yourselves. I live in a granny flat which is separate. Depending on what happens this year, I may or may not have 2 children staying with me in November (one primary school, one high school). But they wont be staying in main house regardless.

Lab and lab equipment....

The lab will be the kitchen temporarily repurposed. It has stainless steel bench tops and quite large space with plenty of room and plenty of bench area. I'll put up photos later.
No extractor, so no reactions that generate toxic gasses.

Lab equipment is confined to distillation glassware, with round bottom flasks and a few adapters for vacuum line, thermometer etc. Having said that, I could assemble just about any sort of distillation train that you can imagine, save for a steam distillation. But I'll make sure to acquire a couple of flasks to add a steam distillation capability in the meantime.

If there's anything else you need to do, such as filtering, or heated sand bath.... even though I don't have standard lab glassware, I still have a ghetto solution. So you can ask and see.

Haven't spoken to the other Aussies, but there's at least one that I know of, plus a kiwi. Problem is they only seem to pop in from time to time.

My house insurance is up to scratch, but any risky procedures will have to be outdoors over dirt.

But there is a suitable area in backyard for procedures with risk of fire or explosion. Will put up pics later.
Only procedures I would prohibit would be ones with toxic byproducts, otherwise you'll be right to do whatever you want.

You can bring ether if you want, but it's not required by me.

I'm looking forward to whatever you have to pitch regarding growing a business. I'm at a bit of a crossroad in life right now anyway, and looking forward to a new direction.

Lastly I'm guessing that Andro is correct, and that this will prob just be you and me, but of course anyone else is welcome at any time, even at the last minute. Eg you don't have to book early in order to attend, mark it on your calendar, and if you decide to attend, even the day before, then still welcome.

Awani
01-16-2017, 01:59 AM
...mine doesn't have to be the official Alchemy Forums Conference 2017...

If more than 50 % of the participants are members of this forum I would class it as an official congress. Why not. Although I cannot personally make it due to distance... although I plan to go Down Under at some point.

Neither do I, which is what I wrote in the initial post of this thread.

I take psychedelic/sacred plant-work very seriously. I also do not feel comfortable doing it with people who do not feel the same way. I am certainly not saying that this is the case with everyone that has attended these Congresses over time... but there is "some" of this I feel. The path I am on is very important to me... if I did not walk on this path I would either be dead, insane or in prison. I cannot waste the little precious time I have catering to psychedelic tourism. That is not my calling.

Only because if someone has a psychotic episode, it'll fuck it up for everyone, and get police and emergency services involved, which I would definitely like to avoid.

But I must say this is highly improbable to ever occur with professionals... or even amateurs.

Dev, I believe the Congress has been in held in Amsterdam for a couple of reasons...

No, only one reason... I have a "space" there.

Aham
01-17-2017, 03:12 AM
No only one reason... I have a "space" there.

That makes sense too. I thought maybe something to do with easy access to 'vegetation'. ;)

Awani
01-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Not at all. That was just the planets aligning.

Awani
03-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Another reason I said there will not be any congress in Amsterdam was because I wasn't sure I would have a place there. Now it is offical. Amsterdam is dumped. :) Time has come for some changes.

Kiorionis
03-11-2017, 05:16 PM
That's too bad. Although I ever made it over there once, I'll still miss that house.

Andro
03-11-2017, 08:20 PM
I'll still miss that house.

There will be others. Maybe :)

ghetto alchemist
10-19-2017, 10:41 AM
OK we're fast approaching the end of October and so far nobody has pledged their attendance to the Alchemy Conference 2017 Down Under.
So in my mind it isn't going to happen....HOWEVER...I made prayers recently asking to meet like hearted souls.
3 days after I first made that prayer, a friend contacted me from out of the blue and asked me to attend a Dao ceremony with her. Of course I jumped at the chance and I already had my call answered.

But, it would be hypocritical for me to cancel another opportunity to have my prayer answered.
So...as a way of opening my heart to the universe...I will continue with the plan to host an alchemy congress.

But changing the dates to the 24th-27th November.
Previously I said I would charge a small amount for accomodation, but now everyone can stay for free.
You'll just need to pay for your own food and drink.

Fri 24 Nov- everyone start to arrive. BBQ dinner
Sat 25 Nov - alchemy/chemistry demonstrations from participants + tour of local tourist attractions
Sun 26 Nov - expedition to surrounding forest to forage for plants + arrive back and perform extractions
Mon 27 Nov - Expedition to Limestone caves and thermal pool. -> Departure

I decided to keep the names of any attendees silent.
So if you turn up, expect that it's just gonna be you and me, and if there's anyone else, it'll be a surprise for you.
If you're thinking of making the trip, arrange your travel to and from Canberra city, and I'll cover the rest.
The house which you'll be staying at is a fantastic place to stay in. The view is gorgeous and the surrounding environment is peaceful and serene with abundant wild life all around. Most foreigners think every Aussie house has kangaroos bouncing around their back yards, but nobody actually does. Well, my place actually has them most mornings.

Hoping to meet some like-hearted souls.