PDA

View Full Version : What not to do: DMT Extraction

elixirmixer
01-07-2017, 08:05 AM
SO I had taken up the challenge to experience a potent hallucinogenic while seeking a state of deep relaxation and mediation, in the dark. (As opposed to the typical party hype.)

Collected ingredients, had a quick squiz at the procedure, had everything I needed and went ahead with an acid-base alkaloid extraction using HCI, NaOH, and Ether as the non-polar solvent. Big mistake.

While ether would 'Theoretically' work due to it being a non-polar solvent, there are a few things that make it less than ideal.

For one, VERY low boiling point, using ether on a hot summers day is less than practical, not to mention that HCL and NaOH have an exothermic reaction (it give off a lot of heat)

The ether was boiling as soon as it hit the mix. I basically panicked, thinking that I was going to lose my precious ether befoer I had had time to do the extraction, so I wanted to get things rolling. I put the lid on and shook it up....

I do soarly regret it of course, and I am lucky to have many guardian angels (I obviously need them) because even though I had acid and ether go all over me and my face and eyes ect... I managed to escape any injure except for a lot of ichyness and a small mild burn on my right eyelid.

Do not play with ether, its stupid. Ether is so unbelievably volatile, which would be fine, if it wasn't so explosive, bad for the lungs, and unpredictable.

I truly am lucky that it did not ignite.

Back to the DMT extraction... I had what I think is very low success.

I did manage to crystallise something out of my naptha (I went and drove to the next town and got some naptha after the ether explosion)

But it appeared to be the complete opposite of what I was looking for, crystals sharding inward from around an edge, rather than outward. They were also pretty cubic little bastards.

So I smoked that just to check what it was (hahaha just joking, you totally thought I would, didn't you :p )

I tried again using a different method. Metho, NaOH, Naptha.

I then tried 'de-fatting', and yet the fats did not separate.

All in all, you can tell, i've had a shit day.

LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT!:

1: Fuck Ether.

2. Measure your acids, filling a beaker with 400ml of acid, means your going to have 1ltr before its back to basic.

3. Make sure that the chemicals they send you are actually what you ordered (I have a scientific regent bottle of sodium Hydoxide, not even react with HCL (WTF!?) intend to get a refund on that bottle.

4. Don't try to be cool, and wing it on the recipes, there could be unforceen forces at play, that you are not considering.

5. "Pride comes before a fall." Now I'm not suggesting that I'm not way cooler than the rest of you, because I obviously am, but maybe I shouldn't rub it in so much :cool:

6. Listen to Zoas23 sometimes.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

7. USE CORRECT SCIENTIFIC METHOD. Do the calculations. Measure out your chems prior to beginning the experiment. Consider your emergency protocols. Take time to eliminate risks. Use your PPE, or Jesus, whichever you prefer. Write notes, AND the method. Writing out the method gives you more opportunity to eliminate mistakes.

I do have something evaporating now, im not very confident in it, but we'll see what happens....

Until next time kids :o

elixirmixer
01-07-2017, 08:18 AM
I think that the main two factors for this failure, is,

1. The plant may not contain the alkaloids at this time of year.

2. That the Aussie "Zippo" brand, is not naptha, it is in fact a collection of petroleum distillates, including naptha. This could definitely have stuffed this experiment.

3. I'm an idiot.

Awani
01-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Also be aware that you have to be calm and patient, and having done this extraction a few times I know that even though I do it EXACTLY the same each time, with the same ingredients, it does not always work. You got to romance the DMT to come out. And I am NOT talking allegorically.

You can order "bark" online. It can be used to dye t-shirsts (what you tell the cops). It should not have a problem reaching you I don't think.

:cool:

elixirmixer
01-07-2017, 12:28 PM
I will certainly be using powder next time, and I think in Australia, our chemicals are very rarely raw materials, whilst in the US i (believe) alot of brand name things just hold one chemical. Australia seems to be a big target for the geno-pesticide agenda. Reason I mention this is because I think to have a pure and worth while outcome, I would have to distil the naptha. Im not really big on distilling fuels, at least without a vacuum set-up.

It was a fun little experiment, lots of lovely colour changes and oil/ oil like aqueous solutions.

I'm not really big on exposing myself to legal liability, since I wish to make this my career one day, therefore probably wont be attempting this again for some time. But I have learnt a lot from the process. Got a lovely introduction to Di ethyl Ether, and, through a vibrational shift driven by these events, are drawn to open up Pistis Sophia, re-attune with the repentful powers of the feminine aspect and, if our God permits, be regenerated.

Awani
01-07-2017, 03:23 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/Zippo_Lighter_Fluid_12oz_front_large_zpsqjynpego.p ng

Works fine. No distillation needed.

:cool:

elixirmixer
01-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Could someone in the USA, please grab a bottle of Zippo if there are any lying around, and just type out the ingredients list for me please and thank you.

Schmuldvich
01-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Could someone in the USA, please grab a bottle of Zippo if there are any lying around, and just type out the ingredients list for me please and thank you.

Search (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zippo+lighter+fluid+ingredients)

Result! (http://www.zippo.com/pdf/Zippo%20Lighter%20Fluid-USA.pdf)

Search (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zippo+lighter+fluid+google+images)

Result! (https://ozsmoke.com.au/images/product/zippo-fluid-back.jpg)

elixirmixer
01-08-2017, 09:53 AM
As I suspected... Different recipe for the Aussie one.

Visceral
05-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Then your naptha, however you get it pure in Aus. I have also heard it is difficult to manage.

The other trick to the evap (unless you have proper storage equipment) is to put a layer of saran wrap over the evap dish. Evapping is not really what you're aiming for, what you want is to make the entire tray/dish as cold as you can. Saran wrap keeps the smell from leaking out of your container or into the rest of your fridge.

I will say this one time: if the naptha so much as touches the saran wrap you MUST throw out the batch immediately and wash the dish and start all over. Naphtha eats plastic and you will have just converted your precious project into a batch of unusable poison. If you have a better way to prevent the smell use that but don't let the smell itself stop you. You can use the same batch multiple times so don't try to evap ALL the naptha before you move on. Once you have nice crystals and the naptha doesn't look cloudy while standing you're ready

elixirmixer
05-03-2017, 10:06 PM
I like this recipe. Haven't seen it before and it's definitely cheaper.

Visceral
05-04-2017, 12:05 AM
Haha. For sure what I would call a short path. :)

A million points if you can come up with a way to keep your crystals from melting into water and evaporating without me telling you how. (I'll let you know if your idea is right)

Kiorionis
05-04-2017, 03:48 AM
Have you dine it before? ;)

Visceral
05-04-2017, 04:36 AM
Have you dine it before? ;)

Are you referring to me and the process or me and the substance at hand?

Suffice to say I have the answer to the question I asked EM. However I specifically left a few pieces of crucial information out of the description that would throw off someone attempting a rush job. The melting of the end result is one such issue that is not commonly covered in guides.

I only mention it at all because nobody should be working with ether or any other such easily combusted and difficult to dispose of material. Also lye is for barbarians, don't ever use it, there are totally food safe methods that have been developed. Consider it a clear director towards much safer paths than what EM was pursuing.

Kiorionis
05-04-2017, 05:27 AM
Are you referring to me and the process or me and the substance at hand?

Both actually :)

Visceral
05-04-2017, 05:47 AM
post 39

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5247-(non)Mineral-(non)Metal-(non)Magnet/page4

I never directly answer questions that may involve statutes of limitations :cool::cool::cool:

Kiorionis
05-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Fair enough.

Wigwamman
06-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Elixirmixer
You could use, if you can get it, some D-limonene, "citris oil" and then salt the goodies out using some FASA "fumaric acid saturated acetone"
then base the dumtu salts using some sodium carbonate and some water, dry, and pull with acetone, this works quite well. and gives a full range extraction of MHRB, and is more AYA like then the pure stuff, you can isolate the 2 though but takes a little more work..

the D-limonene needs to be near boiling for best results, this also is true for naphta though, hotter is better.. ;)
now boiling flamibles is always a risk so care should be taken ((***DONT USE FIRE***))

Visceral
07-15-2017, 08:35 PM
You don't need boiling naptha. Room temp is fine. You don't need a heat bath or any of that unless you have the AC on or its winter. What you need is patience and some mantras to hum quietly while you're waiting.

Schmuldvich
07-16-2017, 02:07 AM
This 60 second video is the best video depicting the process of extracting DMT from MHRB, exactly the process I use.

https://vid.me/ElGv

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THIS SUBSTANCE. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT ON EARTH, NOTHING EVEN A FRACTION AS POWERFUL. YOUR LIFE WILL BE CHANGED FOREVER. DMT IS LIFE-ALTERING.

No doubt this will be the most profound thing you will ever experience in this lifetime. Nothing, not even a quarter ounce of mushrooms or two 10-strips of LSD even remotely compares to a genuine DMT experience.

The only way that you will not experience a full-on DMT experience is if you underdose. Very exceedingly few psychedelic substances do I recommend a large dose for you first time but DMT is one of them. You cannot re-dose back to back like you can most substances. With DMT you have to wait an hour or two before another experience (spoiler: I never do!) if you want to experience the (almost) full-on effect again, so I recommend doing it right your first time.

In my experiences, 40mg - 50mg is perfect for me, but being how in-tune I am with myself and my body I am fully capable of easily blasting off with 15mg - 20mg of DMT, and am still able to gain much from the experience. Everyone is different. I know people who require a minimum of 50mg to get barely threshold effects and I have witnessed them smoke it so I know they are using proper technique. Again, the key is to hold it in for as long as possible and have another bowl loaded and waiting for you to immediately smoke right after you exhale (if done correctly you will have zero capabilities of even attempting pinch some more to load in the same bowl, so you must have a second piece waiting for you to grab and smoke from). Also, no water pipes. This means you cannot use your favorite bong or bubbler. A dry piece must be used.

For reference, this is not my picture but exactly the amount (http://i.imgur.com/F957XqE.jpg) I load onto a bowl (with significantly less herb so I can hold it in easily and not cough; it sort of tastes like plastic). I strongly recommend weighing out your dose so that you know exactly how much you are loading onto your bowl, but if you do not have a milligram scale the DMT in this picture (http://imgur.com/a/BF2vG) appears to be roughly 150mg.

I highly recommend not reading other peoples' experience reports and just experiencing the the ride for yourself. Have no expectations, be safe, and remember that EVERYTHING WILL BE OK! I cannot stress enough to not fight the experience. You must roll with it...no matter what happens.

Put a nice sized pinch on top of a very very little bit of herb (or better yet, imo, herb ash), hold the lighter over it the entire time, inhale and hold as long as is humanly possible (20 - 40 seconds for me), and if possible attempt to take another hit and hold that in for as long as you can. By this point you will already be blasting off and incapable of experiencing this reality or even remembering to breathe (but don't worry, EVERYTHING WILL BE OK!), and just roll with it! Remember to completely go with the flow. It may seem like a couple years, decades, or lifetimes that you are "gone", but in reality only a couple of seconds have gone by, continue to breathe and experience the comedown for the next five minutes (do not walk around or attempt to talk to anyone...do your best at this point to "remember" everything you just experienced), learn, grow, and prosper!!

If you are open to advice, I suggest laying down in your comfy, clean bed and partaking there with your eyes closed the entire time, then meditating and reflecting for 15 or 20 minutes after the experience while being fully still, not trying to communicate your experience to anyone else, or even writing anything down. If you feel you must communicate the experience to us or anyone in your life, I urge you to wait at least 30 minutes after your experience to do begin doing so as thinking and putting things into words will significantly lessen what you gain from the experience. Learn. Progress. Enjoy!

Happy travels!!!

elixirmixer
07-16-2017, 08:50 AM
This 60 second video is the best video depicting the process of extracting DMT from MHRB, exactly the process I use.

https://vid.me/ElGv

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THIS SUBSTANCE. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT ON EARTH, NOTHING EVEN A FRACTION AS POWERFUL. YOUR LIFE WILL BE CHANGED FOREVER. DMT IS LIFE-ALTERING.

No doubt this will be the most profound thing you will ever experience in this lifetime. Nothing, not even a quarter ounce of mushrooms or two 10-strips of LSD even remotely compares to a genuine DMT experience.

The only way that you will not experience a full-on DMT experience is if you underdose. Very exceedingly few psychedelic substances do I recommend a large dose for you first time but DMT is one of them. You cannot re-dose back to back like you can most substances. With DMT you have to wait an hour or two before another experience (spoiler: I never do!) if you want to experience the (almost) full-on effect again, so I recommend doing it right your first time.

In my experiences, 40mg - 50mg is perfect for me, but being how in-tune I am with myself and my body I am fully capable of easily blasting off with 15mg - 20mg of DMT, and am still able to gain much from the experience. Everyone is different. I know people who require a minimum of 50mg to get barely threshold effects and I have witnessed them smoke it so I know they are using proper technique. Again, the key is to hold it in for as long as possible and have another bowl loaded and waiting for you to immediately smoke right after you exhale (if done correctly you will have zero capabilities of even attempting pinch some more to load in the same bowl, so you must have a second piece waiting for you to grab and smoke from). Also, no water pipes. This means you cannot use your favorite bong or bubbler. A dry piece must be used.

For reference, this is not my picture but exactly the amount (http://i.imgur.com/F957XqE.jpg) I load onto a bowl (with significantly less herb so I can hold it in easily and not cough; it sort of tastes like plastic). I strongly recommend weighing out your dose so that you know exactly how much you are loading onto your bowl, but if you do not have a milligram scale the DMT in this picture (http://imgur.com/a/BF2vG) appears to be roughly 150mg.

I highly recommend not reading other peoples' experience reports and just experiencing the the ride for yourself. Have no expectations, be safe, and remember that EVERYTHING WILL BE OK! I cannot stress enough to not fight the experience. You must roll with it...no matter what happens.

Put a nice sized pinch on top of a very very little bit of herb (or better yet, imo, herb ash), hold the lighter over it the entire time, inhale and hold as long as is humanly possible (20 - 40 seconds for me), and if possible attempt to take another hit and hold that in for as long as you can. By this point you will already be blasting off and incapable of experiencing this reality or even remembering to breathe (but don't worry, EVERYTHING WILL BE OK!), and just roll with it! Remember to completely go with the flow. It may seem like a couple years, decades, or lifetimes that you are "gone", but in reality only a couple of seconds have gone by, continue to breathe and experience the comedown for the next five minutes (do not walk around or attempt to talk to anyone...do your best at this point to "remember" everything you just experienced), learn, grow, and prosper!!

If you are open to advice, I suggest laying down in your comfy, clean bed and partaking there with your eyes closed the entire time, then meditating and reflecting for 15 or 20 minutes after the experience while being fully still, not trying to communicate your experience to anyone else, or even writing anything down. If you feel you must communicate the experience to us or anyone in your life, I urge you to wait at least 30 minutes after your experience to do begin doing so as thinking and putting things into words will significantly lessen what you gain from the experience. Learn. Progress. Enjoy!

Happy travels!!!

I really like what you've written here Schmuldvich

You've invigorated me to take up the challenge again. I would totally love any aussie thats willing to send me some of the required herb, as im simply just way too shit scared to order any personally. The "justice" system in this country does not look favourably on good people trying to help others, as im sure you may have all felt in your own countries, i say this country because its the only one ive experienced, I dont know what your laws are really like in Euro or USA.

elixirmixer
07-16-2017, 08:59 AM
You guys seem to be much more in the know than I am, could some one look at this website and explain to me what exactly im looking for if I want one of these experiences.

http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/shop/ayahuasca_cp_287.php

Should someone that's never had DMT properly stay well clear of Ayahuasca ?? or could you go ahead?

I've had my fair share of hallucinogens, however this is obviously a whole new level that a 3 trip hit just doesn't prep you for.

In case of evil entities, whats the protocol here? Fight or flight or just get eaten while laughing?

Can you talk back to entities that are talking to you?

Can you perform Theurgy while in this state?

And finally, is the effect of someone thats clean and healthy,better,than someone thats been on the piss (aussie saying for drinking alcohol) and smoked cigarettes all their life?

These are the anxieties of my heart in regards to what does sound like something that could be an absolute BLAST!

one final question, if you've been naughty, does DMT punish you? ;) :cool:

Awani
07-16-2017, 09:13 AM
I cannot stress enough to not fight the experience. You must roll with it...no matter what happens.

This is also my standard advice, however easier said than done.

However I suggest to sit (in lotus if possible) rather than laying down. Meet the experience "awake", rather than in a "sleeping" position. Positive reinforcement and all that.

:p

Awani
07-16-2017, 09:17 AM
Should someone that's never had DMT properly stay well clear of Ayahuasca ?? or could you go ahead?

Before I had my first ayahuasca experience (fascilitated by experienced people) I had not done ANYTHING. So not it does not matter... just do it.

In case of evil entities, whats the protocol here? Fight or flight or just get eaten while laughing?

Embrace. I usually ask, though, if the entitiy is the medicine... if it is then it stays, if not it goes away.

Can you talk back to entities that are talking to you?

Words are for mortals.

Can you perform Theurgy while in this state?

To drink the brew, or smoke the pipe, IS theurgy. ;)

And finally, is the effect of someone thats clean and healthy,better,than someone thats been on the piss (aussie saying for drinking alcohol) and smoked cigarettes all their life?

Do not forget that this stuff is medicine. So the effect in terms of visions might not be differet, but the experience will be way worse if you are a physically sick, or mentally screwed than if you are a blissful monk. No doubt. On the other hand if you are "fucked up", then this medicine might guide you towards a "better" existence.

if you've been naughty, does DMT punish you? ;)

Short answer: yes

Schmuldvich
07-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Awani knows what he is talking about and his words ring very true here in this thread. I am on mobile, so I cannot type out a mega long response with quotes neatly formatted as I normally do... but I will try to answer your questions.

EM, it is perfectly legal to buy mimosa hostilis root bark. Many people make soap with MHRB.

Q: Should someone that's never had DMT properly stay well clear of Ayahuasca?
A: Ayahuasca is not the same as "DMT". An ayahuasca experience lasts for many hours and is different and is "not as strong" as smoking n,nDMT which is what that video shows you how to extract from MHRB. You can extract DMT from caapi vine and other sources as well, but I urge you to only use finely ground powdered purple mimosa hostilis root bark.

Man, I really wish I had a keyboard right now...

Q: In case of evil entities, whats the protocol here? Fight or flight or just get eaten while laughing?
A: Roll with it. Do not fight anything. "Getting eaten" is the least of your worries. Learn. If you do "get eaten", experience that shit, it was meant to happen for a reason. PROTIP: "Getting eaten by an evil entity" is a walk in the park compared to things you can experience during a DMT experience. Time does not exist the same way you or I normally perceives it. For example, traveling down a long, dark tunnel for seemingly a couple lifetimes or thousands of years is way, way, waaay more "scary" and exhausting than "getting eaten" by the biggest, baddest, most evil entity you can imagine right now...

-----------------------------------------

Awani
07-16-2017, 11:06 AM
An ayahuasca experience lasts for many hours and is different and is "not as strong" as smoking n,nDMT.

This is not true from my experience. Yes, in the brief flash of the DMT experience it can be extremly strong... but it only lasts for a couple of minutes. I have had equally strong experiences on ayahausca, but those lasted (in their most intense period) for at least 20 minutes up to an hour. If you have a properly cooked brew (and not that weak new-age Europe crap), and if you do it in the proper set/setting, then ayahuasca is way stronger.

Iboga root (not ibogaine) is, in my opinion, the main Daddy of all psychedelics and stronger than the lot.

Awani
07-16-2017, 11:10 AM
For example, traveling down a long, dark tunnel for seemingly a couple lifetimes or thousands of years is way, way, waaay more "scary" and exhausting than "getting eaten" by the biggest, baddest, most evil entity you can imagine right now...

LOL. Exactly. The scariest things I have experienced are not entities... never. Instead it has been stuff like a full on experience of eternity, death experience, insanity, shame, sorrow and such things. In those moments I wish some Alien looking entity would come and eat me. That would be like a holiday. ;)

To be frank the entities are boring. There are far greater things going on than them.

Visceral
07-16-2017, 08:15 PM
You crazy kids and your herb mixing. It should be mentioned that anyone on any SSRI should NOT EVER ATTEMPT a changa mix or anything Aya or ibogaine or anything containing an MAOI as you will go into serotonin syndrome and probably die.

Get you freebase, get you a proper vape setup, get you the Leiden frost effect. Flame to substance directly and it's gone.

Awani
07-16-2017, 08:19 PM
You crazy kids and your herb mixing. It should be mentioned that anyone on any SSRI should NOT EVER ATTEMPT a changa mix or anything Aya or ibogaine or anything containing an MAOI as you will go into serotonin syndrome and probably die.

Good advice. However if one does some serious work with the right psychedelic plant then the SSRI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_serotonin_reuptake_inhibitor) becomes irrelevant.

Also there is this thread: How to do psychedelics (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4361-How-to-do-psychedelics/)

EM, it is perfectly legal to buy mimosa hostilis root bark. Many people make soap with MHRB.

I've got plenty myself. Going to die some clothes at some point. ;)

Visceral
07-16-2017, 08:29 PM
There is probably no better preparation avaliable to you for the Flash than to immerse yourself deep into alchemical lore. Go down every rabbit hoke every alchemist ever mentioned and it will not be enough, but it will be better.

You will encounter archetypes, demi gods, God's themselves, perhaps what Audrey Marcus called the World Eater. Jokers, jesters, demons, archons, fairies, sprites, wizards, sometimes even other humans, you just never know. Hybrid creatures of every imaginable combination.

The landscapes and exploring them will be at least as interesting as the beings themselves. Coruscant type city planets to jungles that make the Congo look like overgrown grass can be visited in back to back moments.

As Awani says, these are the least interesting things that occur there.

At the very peak of the experience there is the possibility of real communion with the Source. This is not something worth attempting to describe so I won't, but those who have been there know and generally know each other instantly* and the experience is, so far as I can tell, the entire point of all these endless rounds of reincarnation.

*when thieves meet and all that ;D

Awani
07-16-2017, 08:32 PM
At the very peak of the experience there is the possibility of real communion with the Source. This is not something worth attempting to describe so I won't, but those who have been there know and generally know each other instantly...

Exactly dear brother... (or sister).

...and the experience is, so far as I can tell, the entire point of all these endless rounds of reincarnation...

What do you mean? That you view the psychedelic experience as the point?

Visceral
07-16-2017, 08:38 PM
No, the communion itself. I know dozens of people who've gone crazy deep into psychedelics and still have nothing to report but visual effects and "standard" effects.

Reaching the Source requires a tremendous amount of effort and at a very precise moment, total surrender. But it takes a lot of work to figure out how to "ask" for the experience (no "good" being will do anything without being invited to first) and then arrange it, and even then you need to be very lucky and be doing it all at the right time in the right order.

But if you cross your I's and dot your T's there is a VERY strong chance of you being startled right down to the foundation of your existence. ^_^ :D ^_^

Awani
07-16-2017, 08:44 PM
Oh yes, I agree with that. Everyone phrase it differently because no words can describe it properly. I call it an embrace with the Divine Mystery... that is why I like this Rumi poem so much:

"The Beloved* drowns in his own being. And this world is drenched in that drowning." - Rumi

* God, Divine Mystery, Source etc.
Like you say it requires a lot of effort... but this communion, as you call it, is also here right now. That is the simple beauty of it, and that is what Rumi explains so well in few words.

Visceral
07-16-2017, 09:02 PM
It exactly is! Most just can't see it! Fish for the water and trees for the forest you know.

I don't usually Rumi but I did happen to find one earlier today I liked:

"I looked for God and found only myself. I looked for myself and found only God." -Rumi

What a true joy these forums are!

elixirmixer
07-16-2017, 11:01 PM
Man, you guys have been on some good drugs haven't you ;):p:cool:

See you at the Source :cool:

Awani
07-17-2017, 02:44 PM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1221/2486/products/The_God_Source_AcidWEB_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=146618961 5