PDA

View Full Version : My name is Clayrn Darrow

Clayrn Darrow
02-09-2009, 10:59 PM
I was instructed by deviadah to post an introduction, so here it is.

My name is Clayrn Blackwell, I've acquired the name Darrow through a custom started by my great grandfather Cleveland Goodly. I am a writer and an amateur botanist, far from an alchemist, I assure you. I am always willing to help, and I've read that the alchemists of old where concerned with helping people, not harming them, or coercing the weak.

If you reach out to me for help, I will shatter any obstacle to aid you (if I must). I believe in the concept of reciprocity to the fullest extent. I look forward to the lectures this group will provide!

Ever Yours,
Clayrn Darrow
M.IV

P.S--would anyone like to befriend me? It's not like I am a pet or anything, but I want to be sure that we are all humans here.(heh)

WCH
02-09-2009, 11:00 PM
A botanist, eh? What kind of plants?

Clayrn Darrow
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
I deal with the arum and crowroot family currently, I dabble in Calycinae, specifically the palmae order--I am studying Delphinium and it's toxic qualities(very interesting)--all young specimens(seeds will kill you if ingested). I am interested in studying the derivations in physical type and trophisms. I have been fortunate enough to study various plant orders in my youth; I truly enjoy Cruciferae and Umbelliferae--lily of the valley for example. But again, I am an amateur; I have been compiling a herbrarium though! One may never study too much!

Aleilius
02-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Clayrn, welcome to alchemy forums!

It sounds like you have fairly extensive knowledge in the realm of botany! It's good to have you aboard. :D

Clayrn Darrow
02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Ha! I'm all book knowledge--I am deathly afraid of certain toxic species, but they are often the most beautiful! I am very happy to be aboard; I like this forum. I have taken the time to search this place and the knowledge base is extraodinary. All of you sholars have been hiding in this place? Bravo.

Awani
02-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Welcome (again)!

One of the greatest alchemists was a botanist of sorts in his day; Paracelsus (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=10)!

Your pics are very alchemical indeed!

:cool:

Oh and you are our 100th member!

Clayrn Darrow
02-10-2009, 01:44 AM
100th eh? Splendid!

Salazius
02-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Hi Clayrn and welcome on board !

Congratulation you're the 100 th you win a free hug lol

I particularly appreciate Amanita muscaria for it's beauty, quite alchemicals colors that i'm fond of :) I had once in my garden in autumn, but it didn't came back unfortunately.

Did you lived an incarnation in the 1850 - 1900 ? I says that because you drawn/art is of this style.

Clayrn Darrow
02-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Clayrn and welcome on board !

Congratulation you're the 100 th you win a free hug lol

I particularly appreciate Amanita muscaria for it's beauty, quite alchemicals colors that i'm fond of :) I had once in my garden in autumn, but it didn't came back unfortunately.

Did you lived an incarnation in the 1850 - 1900 ? I says that because you drawn/art is of this style.
Thanks alot!
Yes the entire family of Amanitaceae is very interesting!--many of the sub species are poisonous though. It disappeared from your garden? How unfortunate...they are spectacular to see!
An incarnation? I honestly haven't thought about it Salazius . How does one go about analyzing past incarnations? Does anyone know? Or is it just a feeling you get...

Salazius
02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Just a feeling seeing your art.