PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite Herb?

elixirmixer
01-20-2017, 04:43 AM
Could you please share with everyone, which is your favourite herb, and why :)

Kiorionis
01-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Not one secifically, but I'm a big fan of herbs which contain organic sulphur. Sulphur makes up 1% of the total body weight, and is quite important in cellular activity and general physiology.

Chives, Burdock Root, Mustard, Eyebright, Horseradish, Parsley, Dandelion, Burdock, Catnip, Echinacea, Ginsengs, Chilli are some of them.

Awani
01-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Although I only use it maybe 2-3 times a year at most Cannabis is the king of herbs. LOL.

I like all herbs and use most of the well-known on a regular basis.

Ginger is a powerful ally (although I use the root bit).

See: Plant remedies from Zanzibar (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3022-Plant-remedies-from-Zanzibar)

:cool:

Schmuldvich
01-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Although I only use it maybe 2-3 times a year at most Cannabis is the king of herbs.

Have you ever prepared cannabis spagyrically, or know anyone who has, Dev?

(I would assume this thread was started in reference to what are our favorite herbs to use for spagyrically, that give the best effects, most yield, etc. otherwise I would chime in with my favorites to use medicinally)

Quarrox
01-20-2017, 07:10 PM
I take Ginger daily, although not as a powder but fresh into the blender, and i mix it with Maca and Bee Pollen. I used to be a Chilihead too and still appreciate a good Habanero- or Cayenne Powder. And in general most herbs of the mediterranean cuisine: Oregano, laurel, rosemary, thyme etc.

Awani
01-20-2017, 07:30 PM
Have you ever prepared cannabis spagyrically, or know anyone who has, Dev?

Not me, but I know some in the forum here who has done such things, but they will have to make themselves known. ;)

:cool:

Andro
01-20-2017, 09:22 PM
Similar to Melissa, Cannabis has VERY little essential/volatile oil, so a 'common' spagirycal preparation would be very costly and challenging, while a (relatively) easy to prepare 'Rick Simpson Oil' is already an extremely powerful medicine. I am directly aware of cases of 'end-stage' cancer go into full remission and disappear completely after a 3 months course with this oil.

zoas23
01-20-2017, 10:04 PM
I know someone who did it and gave it to several friends. I didn't want it because I HATE the effects of THC (it's not a prejudice, I used to smoke when I was underage and it's something that simply makes me dumb... it has other effects on different persons, I know).

They did not use it as a medicine though. What they got was more similar to LSD than smoking cannabis, but nothing that was jaw dropping. I don't know the details of how it was done, but probably it was the typical spagyric way of the average "introduction to spagyric methods" book by John Doe.

Schmuldvich
01-20-2017, 11:07 PM
With the standard concentrates, oils, and isolates here in California it really makes me wonder what HASN'T been done yet? All these preparations y'all speak of, what is the difference between what y'all refer to vs. what is already out there (tons of ultra potent concentrates as well as already activated topical solutions)?

Axismundi000
01-21-2017, 08:32 AM
Rosemary is the one I have used the most. The Magisterie I have made produces a slightly extreme can do attitude with ten drops in a little brandy. Also the effects are like when I am just 'coming up' that I remember from my a period of my misspent youth. We only take it on Sunday but the temptation is to have more. If I could get enough oil I would do a lemon balm Magisterie that would be really good also I suspect.

elixirmixer
02-26-2017, 10:10 PM
What are the most energising plants?

Kiorionis
02-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Cocaine and caffeine?

Schmuldvich
02-26-2017, 10:37 PM
What are the most energising plants?

Yerba Mate and Guayusa, as far as ease of use and availability.

Guarana seeds (whole) are nice to throw into teas and tisanes as well.

z0 K
02-26-2017, 11:57 PM
With the standard concentrates, oils, and isolates here in California it really makes me wonder what HASN'T been done yet? All these preparations y'all speak of, what is the difference between what y'all refer to vs. what is already out there (tons of ultra potent concentrates as well as already activated topical solutions)?

Fairly simple Spagyric preparation in rhyme:D
Great Cain Elixir (http://www.alchemylife.org/Pages/Saga2.htm)

Axismundi000
02-27-2017, 09:48 AM
I think mode of ingestion is equally important to the actual herb. For example a basic Rosemary Spagyric is nothing like the effect of Rosemary Magisterie. Another more tragic example is the poor addicts who smoke crack/cocaine rather then as previous had injected heroin and taken cocaine separately. The means of ingestion and manner of preparation obviously have impact as well as the substance. I personally think that a herbal Magisterie could help someone fighting drug addiction.

elixirmixer
02-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Which authors description of magistrae are you talking about axis?

Axismundi000
02-27-2017, 12:37 PM
This is the only Magisterie method I have used which is taken from Steve Kalec's PDF. Bartlett gives a different method in Real Alchemy for which a pelican or soxhlet is needed.

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4669-The-Rosemary-Magisterie

I recommend ignoring all the rhubarb, rhubarb, that occurs later in that thread but up to you.