PDA

View Full Version : My European tour



zoas23
01-20-2017, 10:10 PM
So... I will be in Europe from 23rd June to 7th August 2017.

The schedule, I still have to organize it with my girlfriend... BUT it will include at least the following countries:

-Spain
-France
-Germany
-Sweden
-Norway

... and a few others which are not confirmed yet.
If someone wants to meet, just write in private... and we'll talk.

Quarrox
01-21-2017, 04:41 PM
I am no longer there, but wish you an interesting time there. I recommend Poland too, i had an excellent and heartily stay there, the people are very hospitable, although not everybody speaks english, depending where you are. The city of Danzig is spectacular.

zoas23
01-22-2017, 09:03 AM
I am no longer there, but wish you an interesting time there. I recommend Poland too, i had an excellent and heartily stay there, the people are very hospitable, although not everybody speaks english, depending where you are. The city of Danzig is spectacular.

Our consciousness works in funny ways. I am 75% pole and it is indeed my second nationality, I mean in a legal way (the other 25% is a mix of german, romanian, austrian and basque)... BUT I grew up spending a lot of time with my grandparents who were always singing in Pole.

I have been in Europe some 15 times, but I never went to Poland, which is where my close ancestors lived. It can be fun, I have hosted several artists & hermeticists from Poland at my house during my life. So I actually have several "homes" there and friends. I will think about it.

It is fun for me that you have read the post and you thought: "visit Poland". It is indeed a debt I have, though I never wanted to go there because of the fairy tales of my grandparents, all of them always happened in Poland, so I am not sure if I want to go there and face the fact that there are no elves, not trees as high as the sky, nor the whitest snow in the word and rivers as blue as a painting by Yves Klein. I have lived all my childhood in an "imaginary Poland" that existed only in the memories of my grandparents. It is something I will have to decide.

Andro
01-22-2017, 09:15 AM
I never wanted to go there because of the fairy tales of my grandparents, all of them always happened in Poland, so I am not sure if I want to go there and face the fact that there are no elves, not trees as high as the sky, nor the whitest snow in the word and rivers as blue as a painting by Yves Klein. I have lived all my childhood in an "imaginary Poland" that existed only in the memories of my grandparents. It is something I will have to decide.

Disillusionment can be good medicine sometimes. Bitter, but effective. Just add a spoonful of sugar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLkp_Dx6VdI) :)

zoas23
01-22-2017, 11:13 AM
Seeing Poland with my eyes... I can only imagine it as the movie "the big fish" (a son who grew up listening to fairy tales by his father, then he thinks he is a lunatic, and he finally finds that ALL of them were "romantic" versions of real things and not "inventions").

A lot of Religions have a sacred city or country....

It is the Mecca for the Muslims, Israel for the Jews and Muslims and Christians... Tibet for some Buddhists, etc.

The sacred place of my "subconscious religion" is Poland... and I remember the acrobatic dances of my grandpa, which were a bit like this:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jwan6tgtt8

... or the adventures of my grandma when she was a teen, which even involved setting a factory on fire due to her anarchist ideas.... or her travel across different towns mounted on a cow and escaping from the soldiers during WWI (this happened 100 years ago!!!).

Their hearts never left Poland, so they created their romantic version of Poland here. I don't know yet if I should go there or keep the "virtual Poland" that existed in their house (the dances, the tales, the Pole foods I still eat).

I have this theory: we all have a Philosopher's Stone that is NOT created at a lab, nor it is related to "inner alchemy" (it can be a place, a person, a song, a poem, a movie, etc). Something that you like so much that no words can describe it... such thing was Poland for them, not in a nationalist way (they both hated nationalism and taught me to hate it too, old-fashioned anarchists)... it was the dances, the food, the adventures, the snow, the "fairy tales", etc.

Hmmmm... when Alfred Jarry wrote his parody of Hamlet, "Ubu Roi", he wrote a marvelous preface that had to be read before the curtains open. It explained what I think of Poland:

https://s29.postimg.org/zc89fpr7r/Captura_de_pantalla_2017_01_22_a_las_8_08_07_a_m.p ng
https://s29.postimg.org/izy7pzcw7/Captura_de_pantalla_2017_01_22_a_las_8_08_19_a_m.p ng

I like this surreal "eternity" that happens "nowhere". If I go, it will become a "place". So maybe I shouldn't.