PDA

View Full Version : Seaweed Elixir - First Basic (Luna)

elixirmixer
02-14-2017, 09:31 AM
I have decided to go right back to basics, and complete the path traditionally(?) by creating the seven basics.

But this time, I will be doing my uttermost, to document, photograph, and go through thoroughly, step by step, how one would perform these works, the challengers one might face, the documented results upon ingestion and much MUCH MORE!

I do, after all, try my best to bring a bit of excitement to this already magestic place.

I will be taking the collective advice I've received from forum members, I will be trying some low level Theurgical magics, I'll be purging before any of this. I will be progressing from Malkuth up to Kether, following the serpents path back up the ladder. I am thus creating a Luna Elixir, and are seeking to encapsulate not only the powers of the moon, but also of 'Yesod'

This is the true beginning of my alchemical journey, and shall be documented, all the way from now, until I have made 7 plant elixirs, a plant stone, 7 metallic elixirs, and a metallic stone.

OUR FIRST TOPIC: Seaweed!

The correlation between seaweed and the moon will be obvious to most hermetically trained people. The Ocean has always been a huge source of life for our planet and is a symbol and even in part, quite literally the essence of our subconscious mind.

The energies of 'Yesod' bring us in touch with this subconscious mind. It calls the practitioner to inversion and introspection. 'Yesod', associated with the moon, has also been thought to be attached to the astral realm, others again believe is it 'the garden of eden'. In seek of its true nature, we look to our plant, our process, and seek to capture, create and unite with a great power.

SEPHIRA YESOD (Foundation)
GOD FORCE SHA-DAI EL CHAI (Almighty Living God) *EL SHADDAI* (IMO)
ANGELIC ORDER KERUBEEM (Strong Ones)
ARCHANGEL GABRIEL (Man-God)
SOUL NEPHESH (Lower Self)

Soo.... some kind of ritual and talisman will be used in conjunction with those energies shown above.

Well, here we goes guys, I invite you to come with me in what should be a great journey of discovery and insight. I will one day probably even use what I learn here to do an epic YouTube channel, or at least a 7 piece mini-series.

I'll get my camera ready and set up a distillation train. First job, distil some Spirit of Wine! :)

elixirmixer
02-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Using sushi seaweed. Chemical Breakdown info:

Porphyra yezoensis
Red Algae
7.8% Ash content apparently
44.4% Carbohydrates
43.6% Proteins
2.1% Fat
2.4% Potassium
0.6% Sodium

ADDITIONAL NOTE: No Iodine detected!? (They always tell us seaweed has iodine, but its only certain kinds. Sushi's not one of them. Rip off ey!)

elixirmixer
02-14-2017, 01:36 PM
As well as the nutritional break down above, Porphyra yezoensis, or "Nori" in Japenese has additional medicinal qualities:

High in B vitamins.
Apparently Iodine, although I suspect it is a very minute amount.
High Un-saturated fat percentage, including up to 50% EPA (that's a very good fat for the heart)
Trace minerals such as Zinc, Copper, and Selenium
Amino acids alanine, aspartic acid, glycine, glutamic acid, lysine, arginine, leucine, histidine, and isoleucine. Thats a decent spread!

I've also heard that the full moon can drain you of your B Vitamins so its interesting that the seaweed has a lot of them...

Kiorionis
02-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Seems like a good system, elixirmixer. Can't wait to read more about the progress.

Aham
02-14-2017, 03:17 PM
ElixirMixer,

Really looking forward to your progress and hope to learn from you. No pressure :D

BTW, your infectious personality comes right through in these forums. It's actually fun to read your posts.

BTW, you have the distinct honor of me having subscribed to your thread :p

elixirmixer
02-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Awww that's really sweet Aham, it's my birthday today and that was a lovely message to wake up to. I've got a big day of organising the lab to being with the work. Hope to get something happening today :)

I feel very privileged to have been subscribed to :)

elixirmixer
02-14-2017, 09:57 PM
As to the type of elixirs we'll be preparing, one has the options of which method he wishes to use.

The easiest way, the most likely to perform by beginners, and in fact, my preferred method, is a simple alcohol extract, followed by gentle distillation, a calcining of the salts, and then a recombining.

Nah, just joking! Having ElixirMixer create only the most basic of elixirs would jut be disappointing wouldn't it!!

We are going with the full traditional method (way more work involved) but the quality of these preparations can be significantly stronger than with that of the simpler method.

This practise involves first a soft steam distillation, followed by a fermenting of the left over organic matter. These first two steps, while quite time consuming, and often a little tricky, will give us our desired Sulfur and Mercury as many of you well know.

The coolest part: Even though there is just a f'ing rediculously amount of science equipment around here (I really need to have a garage sale) I'm goin to be performing this as GHETTO as possible :)

You will watch me struggle and sweat to calcine my material. It has been certainly a great pain in my ass to try and obtain white salts, although, I am looking for a Bunsen burner to perform things they way Steve K did in his salt volitization experiment. I did achieve white salts on my last Lemon Balm Fixed Elixir (which was a lovely success btw).

YOU WILL SEE MY FCUK THINGS UP! Almost every experiment I've ever done, has had in one form or another, a major catastrophe, of which I needed to introduce problem solving skills to adapt to each situation. It is these, 'un-forseen' events, and learning to deal with these challenges, that will turn you into a good Mixer.

SO, as all these things do take time, and because I am a very disorganised person, forgive me for any delays, and I encourage anyone wishing to make the seven basics, to come on this journey with me! Perhaps I will make a comprehensive list of the minimum equipment required, and if anyone would like to come on the journey, let me know, I've got all the time in the world to share my stupidity with others :)

elixirmixer
02-14-2017, 11:39 PM
If there is anyone that intends to follow me through this great adventure, you are going to need at least these things:

Some way to distill. I will be using a standard, simple glassware set-up for this. Trying to distill things by other means, while fun an interesting as a beginner, is far to much effort for what is already a pretty large task ahead. I recommend paying the $250 or so on EBAY for an 'Advanced organic chemistry kit' it's cheap, it works, it gives you all the glass you will need for some time.

Heating: One of the reasons I am running this thread, is because if I went back and started again, I would have done things a lot differently, mainly concerning all the equipment I have paid for, just to later Realize that it is not ideal.

Heating mantles can be a huge waste of money, I find that a water bath on a FLAT heating element is far more versatile.

If you want to go professional, go get yourself a 'RAPIDFIRE PRO' kiln. These kilns are worth about $800. Honestly, I know that sounds like a lot of money, but the head kcuf you will save yourself, and the increased quality of your calcined ashes will pay for itself in no time.

I won't be using a kiln, as I wasted my money on other useless equipments. So you will watch me experience the heavy pains of calcining without a kiln. Certainly one of the most frustrating parts of Alchemy. IMO.

You will do well to have some fermenting jars, I understand they are quite common in the States, I'm sure Europe has them also, they arnt as common in Australia because Australia's are, for the most part, dumb, and 98% of the population would have no idea of the benefits of fermenting your own foods, even if they did, it's not in the Aussie way to be self-creating. We just buy stuff when we want it. Sounds like a great lifestyle but it actually turns you into a shit person and is destroying the internal economy of our country.

Ummm..... It would be very nice to have an actual essential oils steam distillation set-up, again, if I could go back, I would have bought one of these. Takes the stress and guess work out of oil production. They are worth about $500. I am soon to complete a huge S/S oil extractor, since my main interest in plant alchemy has become salt volitization, and I want heaps of oil.

Otherwise, we will make do with what we have, which is going to be the standard distillation train, meaning a hydro-distillation. This yields a slightly less quality of oil. Scientifically speaking, because water is a polar molecule, the more water you use on these oils, the more of the water-soluoble polar molecules in the oil, you will lose, in the hydrosol.
Rule of thumb, when distilling oils, use the minimum amount of water required and distill no longer than half an hour with each batch of plant material. Most of the oil will come out in the first half an hour, and any additional time (here, time is not money, it's water) means more water, which means more of the good stuff stripped from your oils, into your hydro-sol.
That goes for all of you here, less is more when it comes to obtaining your sulphurs.

Seaweed! I do suggest, for anyone intending to catch a ride on my voyage of evolution, that they use the same plants that I am using, or at least similar, due simply to the fact that as problems arise (and problems differ from plant to plant) we can work together to problem solve a lot easier if we are on the same page, the same plant, ect. I'm also happy for you to follow along and do whatever you like anyway, however, similar plants will make this a more effective tutorial.

Water pump and hosing for your condenser.
Retort stands! AND clamps! Nothing more annoying than buying a new glassware kit, and retort stands, only to Realize you didn't even buy the clamps to hold the stuff up with. Yes, I am that stupid.

If you've got the balls you could vacuum distill, it does increase te quality of products but it's a skill I have not learnt and won't be using.

Shit, back to heating, I haven't tried it yet but Steve K just used a Bunsen burner connected to a propane gas bottle, and a S/S bowl. This seemed easy, and with good effect, so I will be seeking to replicate this, since I usually jump back and forth between stove-top (don't tell the wife) fireplace (great during summer) and blowtorch. This is inefficient. Time consuming. Sometimes just simply dangerous. Get a Bunsen burner or a kiln.

This is basically a free apprenticeship in alchemy, if you follow this through, you will save yourselves a lot of time, a lot of money, and avoid some of the Hazards that have unexpectedly jumped into my eyeballs in the past.

Um... We are making our own spirit from the plants, but a source of wine spirit is very handy for cleaning apparatus, and other uses. Find a local vineyard and say "I will work in exchange for an epic deal on a barrel of wine"... Works every time ;)

Am I forgetting anything? Oh yeah, if you think that Alchemy will bring miracles into your life, be prepared to wait about 20 years to recieve them. Will these medicines and experiences change your life? Yes. Will they drag your atheist butt up into the heavens? Not likely, the Hermetic arts consist of Alchemy, Kabbalah (or theurgy) and Astrology/Astronomy.

Some of you might not be aware, but a lot of early alchemist have hardly any credit at all to their Elixirs in their own right. They more viewed Alchemical Elixirs as well prepared vessels, capable of absorbing, and storing, spiritual energies. They would make the elixir, then perform rituals to attract these powers into the Elixir. That is what we shall be doing in this course. (I will also warn, that I am an absolute complete novice when it comes to ritualistic magics. All of my actions will be documented, I'm sure others here will point out any seriously dangerous errors, and I, personally, recommend that you DO NOT participate in the ritualistic side of my journey, as I am simply not qualified by any means, to be teaching such things. Real magic can be dangerous. There are plenty of witches and warlocks in psycho-wards as evidence of that.)

Mortar and Pessil
Big sharp knife for the same purpose
Heat resistant pad/ tiles
Paper towel - if your like me, this can get really messy, although, I am trying to enter into this path with a hope of finding professionalism along the way.

And last, but not least, a desire to help others. If you are trying to make medicine, it must be with the intent to help others be released from their pain. To try to create from any other source is a great cause for alarm, and could lead to a pre-mature death within the Lab. God has many secrets, that He wishes to reveal, but He usually prefers it when they are revealed through the righteous. Alchemy is Gods medicinal science. Don't try to mess with it, dont try to use these methods to procure 'deadly-nightshade' or any other poisons.

These are serious warnings. I have had huge clouds of ether and HCL spray all in my face and surround me in a highly explosive cloud of acidified-ether. Right now I'm looking at a hole in my finger that ate through my
Skin in the middle of the night because I didn't notice that I had gotten some acetic acid on my finger.
Being a dickhead in the Lab is super fuckin' dangerous, so unless your a professional dickhead like me, take head of the warning. Think about what your doing before you do it. Do not use chemicals straight out of there bottle, ALWAYS measure out what you need and put the rest back before you use any of it.

One last time: PEOPLE DIE PRACTISING ALCHEMY. ENTER THIS PATH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Now that I've giving you that epic motivational speech, I'm goin to go clean the lab and get ready, and I invite anyone to ask questions, or remind me of things we might need to address, before we being.

I am not a teacher, I am a student, who chooses to learn by teaching others. You are my friends and brothers in art and each one of you will have something worth while to ad to this thread I'm sure.

Let's go be Alchemists :cool:

Aham
02-15-2017, 03:29 AM
Awww that's really sweet Aham, it's my birthday today and that was a lovely message to wake up to. I've got a big day of organising the lab to being with the work. Hope to get something happening today :)

I feel very privileged to have been subscribed to :)

Happy Birthday ElixirMixer!! It's awesome that you get to restart your journey on your birthday. Be safe and happy travels :) We're all rooting for you :) :) :)

Aham
02-15-2017, 03:58 AM
ElixirMixer, I would really like to follow along and keep you company but with the current demands on my time, it will be bit difficult. If lucky I'm guessing I will have 2-4 hours per week. Not sure if that's enough time or not and you also seem to have an unlimited amount of energy so worried about keeping up :D

Maybe as you get going and the pace seems doable plus my situation changes, I might take you up on the offer. No promises just yet.

One thing to note - while you are enjoying summer many of us in the other hemisphere are dealing with snow and winter and don't quite have the ability to pick up fresh plants for the work (with exceptions of course) so if you're not getting lot of takers on this journey it could just be weather related. Easy to blame the weather :)

PS: Your advice on equipment is very helpful.

elixirmixer
02-15-2017, 04:43 AM
Well, you don't necessarily have to 'keep up' Aham. I'm basically making this whole thing from dried herbs aswell most likely. Water has a way of making things a little trickier, at least if you want a perfect re-union of principals. Although, I may, and do, use water during the process for cleaning and dissolving, and general problem solving.

elixirmixer
02-15-2017, 04:58 AM
The official introduction to my (practice) alchemy channel: (Next year ill do a professional one for the public, but right now, its just for us!) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vccZSHroTG4&feature=youtu.be

Axismundi000
02-15-2017, 09:10 AM
A pleasure to see you elixirmixer. It's cool that you can get so much wine so readily. You have a lot of work ahead, if I were in your place the roof of your lab has some holes in which would be my first concern. Your facilities have wonderful potential but I have to admit living in a tent outside the house is not a choice I would make.

elixirmixer
02-15-2017, 09:19 AM
If I were in your place the roof of your lab has some holes in which would be my first concern.

The wholes in my house's roof will have to come first :)

but I have to admit living in a tent outside the house is not a choice I would make.

It's a Jesus thing ;) :cool:

ADDITIONAL NOTE: The tent represents my black phase. With "sack-cloth and ashes"

Axismundi000
02-15-2017, 10:08 AM
I did not realise that the house roof had holes also, yes definately first for those. My wife has just explained to me that in australia people will often set up temporary shelter whilst they massively refurbish or even build from scratch a place for the whole family to live. Whilst I would not live in a tent many enjoy it so just a matter of personal taste. I like the idea of the home taking shape as the Alchemy progresses.

Like you I have completed various herbal Spagyrics so if it's OK I would like to comment and discuss differences in procedure as you progress your work.

elixirmixer
02-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Your comments are always welcomed Axis. It is a common practise in Australia indeed, although it does depend on the local counsil, some places are a lot more strict than others, and do not allow those kind of 'build as you go' projects.

Axismundi000
02-15-2017, 12:09 PM
Happy Birthday elixirmixer.

I look forward to the day that you rest in your house eating the golden apples in the garden of the Hesperides.

Awani
02-15-2017, 12:13 PM
The official introduction to my (practice) alchemy channel...

LOL nice to see you and Happy Birthday.

The lab is a physical representation of the alchemist, and your lab is very messy. LOL. I am not saying that you have a messy mind, but you are a bit of a whirlwind in your posts and I would have been surprised to see a lab in perfect order in your case. :) But as you say you are going to purify it all... so yes start with chaos and end with supreme order in all aspects.

I also moved out of the city to the country side a few years ago... best thing I ever did.

...do a professional one for the public, but right now, its just for us!

Be aware that non-members can watch this video.

:cool:

elixirmixer
02-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Yes, filthy bastard I am. But all that's about to change Dev.

Just about to get in my tent for the first of 40 nights.

Wish I had some sweet DMT and a Shaman handy, however, fasting, prayer, and a sincere desire for change,is one of the most powerful tools of transformation available to the human being. IMO

Wish me luck boys, and remember to 'Like' and subscribe to my Youtube Channel (lol feels weird saying that)

elixirmixer
02-15-2017, 12:53 PM
Oh...sorry.... did I say seaweed Elixir?

What I meant to say was, a completely life changing journey, documented, for your educational purposes.

Yes Dev, thankyou for your prudent notifications concerning safety and privacy.

I don't really mind who see's the video. It's brought me a lot of joy today already, opening up a new chapter of my life. This video already has more views then my EPIC hip-hop song about Armageddon received ;)

I hope you guys enjoy watching me be a weirdo, just as much as I enjoy being one :D

Night guys :o

Awani
02-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Wish me luck boys, and remember to 'Like' and subscribe to my Youtube Channel (lol feels weird saying that)

Put a link your your signature.

This video already has more views then my EPIC hip-hop song about Armageddon received ;)

What is the link to that song if you don't mind?

Schmuldvich
02-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Ha! Thanks for sharing, elixirmixir! Happy Birthday!! I would love to have as much property at my disposal as you do. Awesome potential you've got there. Keep us updated!

elixirmixer
02-16-2017, 12:22 AM
I will re-create the song for you Dev, ;) i don't know where it is it was a long time ago.

Okay, I didn't do anything yesterday so I better start cleaning up this place.

elixirmixer
02-17-2017, 03:26 AM
I have decided that I am not just going to document this but I am actually going to try and produce a semi-proper production. I have people already interested in doing the music for me. Much like Dev's Idea about the second anthology, I will try and make this a 9 part doco-series, intro, the 7 stages represented, outro.

If anyone is just a die-hard video editor, and feels like helping me bring this thing to life, let me know :)

OH! and did I mention, that I am going to do the plants, and metals, side by side. For instance, I will be making the seaweed elixir, and having my first attempt to create Oil of Silver aswell, so that we can have literally a side-by-side visual comparison of the stages between the two realms.

Axismundi000
02-17-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm looking forward to the mineral stuff you show.

With the silver will you be doing nitric acid and silver then silver nitrate and acetic acid to get silver acetate? Bartlett in Real Alchemy gives a method with ammonium chloride which if ever I get a decent piece of horn silver I may try.

Schmuldvich
02-17-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm looking forward to the mineral stuff you show. With the silver will you be doing nitric acid and silver then silver nitrate and acetic acid to get silver acetate?
What does this accomplish (other than melting a perfectly good piece of silver)? What will it be able to be used for?

Axismundi000
02-17-2017, 05:47 PM
Dry distillation of a metal acetate is one well published Alchemical praxis, this may not be what elixirmixer plans to do. I am looking forward to hearing what elixirmixer does for the silver.

Schmuldvich
02-17-2017, 08:55 PM
Dry distillation of a metal acetate is one well published Alchemical praxis...
...Is it really though? I know you can link me to many different sources and recipes, trust me I've seen them too, but I genuinely would like to know with all sincerity what is planned to be done with end product...anything at all? I think much, much, much can be looked into, but when read with Opened eyes, a much different process presents itself; just my opinion of course.

Elixirmixir, how do you plan to use your silver preparation once it is finished? What about your seaweed elixir, how do you plan to use that?

Axismundi000
02-17-2017, 10:50 PM
...Is it really though? I know you can link me to many different sources and recipes, trust me I've seen them too, but I genuinely would like to know with all sincerity what is planned to be done with end product...anything at all? I think much, much, much can be looked into, but when read with Opened eyes, a much different process presents itself; just my opinion of course..........

If you are looking for 'the answer' you have to find that for yourself schmuldvich. Even the actual equipment set up will effect the product. Frankly if you have already read the material available is it reasonable to expect more from me?

elixirmixer
02-17-2017, 11:57 PM
Frankly if you have already read the material available is it reasonable to expect more from me?

This is true Schmuldvich, the books can take you only so far. I have seen things, within the lab, that were never written about, and this, simply, because the books are only the beginning (remember they love to hide stuff, trick you, ect). The true mysteries lie where the books choose not to venture.

I will be drinking both of these Elixirs, after I am sure that I have done enough to invoke at least a little "angel power" into them.

Silver acetate? No. Dry distillation? No.

I would, in the past, and before I become a member of this forum, had attempted something along these lines. I am instead, attempting something that I am not 100% will work, but I think that it should.

Basically. Aqua Fortis, Oil of Tartar per deliquium, 3 pH swings, I expect the precipitate to change colour through each swing. I will be aiming for a lovely white 'body' of Luna. May or may not anneal, probably not this first time.

The final stage, well, I don't want to ruin the surprise for you ;)

elixirmixer
02-18-2017, 12:00 AM
The reason that I do not wish to do a dry distillation, is because, i believe, and as you may have experienced yourself axis (due to your PRACTICAL experience :o) that a dry distillation can end up with a strange smelling, possible burnt oil.

I am trying to avoid that.

elixirmixer
02-18-2017, 12:06 AM
May I encourage that you save some money up Mr. Sch. and perhaps start off with something like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/35PCS-24-40-New-Advanced-Organic-Chemistry-Glassware-Kit-Laboratory-Glass-set-/261972875444?hash=item3cfeccd8b4:g:RxQAAOSw3ydVqyu n

And secondly, one of these:http://www.heartmagic.com/EssentialDistiller.html

Followed by a: https://tabletopfurnace.com/product/rapidfire-pro-lp/

With these three, you will have minimal troubles, and maximum yeilds.

I don't even have that furnace or the essential oils equipment yet, and that, with great regret, since if I had had a mentor like figure, sharing this information that I am sharing now, I would have saved thousands on crap that I really didnt need, and I would have had much more success, and actually own the equipment I need, which unfortunatly, I will still have to spend more money again still, to buy them.

Save up about $2000 and dive in, this thread is designed to take someone from a theory based backround, and transition them straight into the practical, with minimum (wasted) expenses, but maximum results.

You will watch me, as I struggle to purify salts, without a furnace. Absolute Head F***.

elixirmixer
02-18-2017, 12:09 AM
...Is it really though?

In summery, I do think your on to something, and that dry distilled oils, are perhaps not what we are looking for.

There are other uses I have in mind for these oils. Unfortunately, at this stage, they are top secret :cool:

Aham
02-18-2017, 12:52 AM
Followed by a: https://tabletopfurnace.com/product/rapidfire-pro-lp/

elixirmixer, I'm not completely bought in on the need for a furnace but at the same time I'm a newbie so what the heck do I know :) Maybe once we see some of your challenges, it might convince me otherwise :D

Aham
02-18-2017, 12:56 AM
BTW, dev, the subscribe feature for this thread isn't working. Not a big deal since it's easy to figure out where all the commotion is ;)

black
02-18-2017, 01:47 AM
Hi guys

We would all like to see a bit of MAGIC !!!

Well one of the good MAGIC words to start with is
PHILOSOPHIC as in:

PHILOSOPHIC WINE

PHILOSOPHIC VINEGAR

PHILOSOPHIC SPIRIT

PHILOSOPHIC AQUA FORTIS

PHILOSOPHIC SILVER, ETC, ETC.

If you understand this term PHILOSOPHIC , then you may
be working with an ALCHEMIC PROCESS if not then you are
working in CHEMISTRY...ONLY!!!!!

It sounds to me that you are working in chemistry.

It can take many, many, many years of devout study, prayer,
meditation, and lab work just to get the BASIC understanding
of the word PHILOSOPHIC in an ALCHEMICAL sense.

I love to see this gusto, fortitude, and tenacity but it may be
a good idea not to ingest some of these CHEMICALS till
you have a better understanding of the word PHILOSOPHIC.

Please take care.

black
02-18-2017, 02:12 AM
I forgot to mention that the adepts often don't put the word
PHILOSOPHIC in.

They leave it up to the reader to intuit where it should be.

The most common trap for the reader is that of reading in
VERBATIM when we should be reading in NATURE.

elixirmixer
02-18-2017, 06:57 AM
Dispite the gusto of my Quest. I can only do alchemy any honor, if I confess that this person is correct.

So oft, does my mind awonder, as to the meaning of the hidden chemicals.

But doth one dare ask... where shall one seek, for that which is truly philosophical?

Whilst I try my best to manifest witnesses of correspondences to these themes, it is a much deeper, and more difficult quest, than i have mention here. hopefully my video will touch on deeper themes.

'Magic', so it seems is truly just as much a part of alchemy as the flask or the Moon.

elixirmixer
02-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Mr. Black; can you answer me a direct question, and perhaps do many a great favour...

Are the philosophical matters, representations for mental aspects?

Andro
02-18-2017, 07:28 AM
1. If you pick a fruit from a tree and eat it right away, it is much more 'philosophical' than if you eat it even one hour after picking it. After days/weeks in transit or on a supermarket shelf, it is not 'philosophical' anymore. It's similar with our own bodies, they become less and less 'philosophical' as the tyranny of time takes its toll. That's why we age and decay, that's why everything ages and decays.

Here's an example: When people do juice fasts with (organic) supermarket-bought fruits and veggies, they certainly get some noticeable benefits. But if they travel to a juicing retreat, like, for example, in Costa Rica, where the stuff is picked from the trees and juiced right away, they report almost unbelievable cures, including no more need for eyeglasses, no more diabetes, heart disease, the list goes on...

Are the philosophical matters, representations for mental aspects?Technically speaking, no, not in alchemical practice.

2. There is no need for any sort of 'magic' in practicing Lab Alchemy. One just needs a good understanding and application of the workings/mechanics of living things.

elixirmixer
02-18-2017, 07:32 AM
Andro.

Do you believe that ethanol is plant mercury, or not?

Andro
02-18-2017, 08:14 AM
If you understand this term PHILOSOPHIC, then you may be working with an ALCHEMIC PROCESS.

If not, then you are working in CHEMISTRY... ONLY!!!!!

It sounds to me that you are working in chemistry.

In addition to what I wrote before (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5134-Seaweed-Elixir-First-Basic-(Luna)&p=47769#post47769), I am also in full agreement with the above statement.

elixirmixer
02-18-2017, 08:40 AM
Alchemy is a very confusing path to walk.

The other day, I heard someone say that the philosophical wine, could be the results of a dry plant distillation. But now you've said that it is that which is living that is most philosophical.

These spirals go on and on forever. And I fear that I will never have a true 'philosophical' understanding, unless I find it by practical means. Perhaps many times my mind has wondered over secrets, but for a lack of having it in my hands, how am I to know?

Andro
02-18-2017, 08:53 AM
The other day, I heard someone say that the philosophical wine, could be the results of a dry plant distillation.
But now you've said that it is that which is living that is most philosophical.

Those two statements do not necessarily contradict each other.

If you lack the proper foundations, it's your lab work that will be going in spirals, "on and on forever".

Study/read/contemplate AND work in the lab. Don't sacrifice one for the other.

elixirmixer
02-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Well, it is indeed both the statements about the philosophical wine, and the statements you have made above Andro, that have sent me down a new line of investigations.

I think its time for this RAMS purchase.

Alchemy doco might have to go on hold until I have something more philosophical to give to the world.

Schmuldvich
02-19-2017, 12:02 AM
Alchemy is a very confusing path to walk.
These spirals go on and on forever. And I fear that I will never have a true 'philosophical' understanding
If a "Philosophic Understanding" is what you seek, I suggest stepping back, stopping everything you are doing, sitting down for a couple hours, and reading every single text on Alchemy (written before 1800) that you can find.

This will be DRASTICALLY overwhelming to your brain and your body, and you will not comprehend the majority of what you read, but what you WILL be accomplishing is laying that fundamental foundation of knowledge that you need later to efficiently & successfully progress in the Art. After half a year of reading 3+ hours a day things will start to become more clear to you and you will begin to see parallels that you've never seen before. Reading a few texts, such as "AOETTCPOTK" or some of the other more open texts out there will help you feel like you're getting a good grasp on things, but don't be fooled, the real knowledge comes when you are able to see through the blinds while simultaneously reading into the spirit of what the Writer was attempting to convey to you. Your subconscious will do what it does best, and in time your eyes will begin to Open up.

If you continue sincere study for a year and a half (or even two years) you will finally have a mediocre foundation to stand upon...then and only then can you begin sifting the wheat from the chaff. Just my opinion of course! Do you ever wonder why so very few people truly Succeed? It is because, in my opinion, most people want to skip to the finish line without first "paying their dues", a step that I believe is critically important to developing a clear Understanding of this intensely guarded Art.

The RAMS Collection is your best and easiest place to start. Reading every word of every text of R.A.M.S. should only take you a few months, or at most half a year...assuming this is something you are actually serious about and willing to dedicate your time to.

elixirmixer
02-19-2017, 12:20 AM
I hate it when you guys are right. Because it always means more work.

I suppose my documentary will still go on, but with the standard Spaygrics course, and not the DRASTICALLY overwhelming Philosophical bullshit.

Not to say its not extremely important, because I believe that it is, but for the sake for steering this ship to beautiful waters, the sails are going up :D

I'm starting to get the sense that this stuff is actually so simple, and people are so desperate to keep it a secret, and thats actually the reason that things become so confusing, is because of the deliberate confusion that has been injected into this art.

I mean, how hard is it really to get the Sulphur of Sol, the Sulphur of Luna and coagulate it? I'm not sure yet, cause I haven't tried, but I sense that there is a lot more bullshitting, and foul-play at work, then there is the actual hard work required to confect the stone, or any other great elixir for that matter.

And if it is the interest to keep all these things secret, then you best be vigilant in confusing me, cause the day I have completed the work will be the day that I share it with any and all who are earnestly seeking to heal the world.

And this, because Alchemy has done no good in our world, that I can see, and this, because of the greediness and fear of our ancestors in Art.

Even Paracelsus was an absolute prick, which can be easily seen through his text, constantly judging others, disregarding their views, putting them down with insults, and yet we view this man to be a 'God-Father of healing'. Once again, his text, as you know, were also very enigmatic, are deceiving.

A lot of these guys just did not embody the permeating Love of God, or anything near it, even if they did find transmutation, it didn't seem to do them much good.

I think the stone will be easy once I give it a proper practical shot. It is the preparing for the stone, as you've said, that is the main goal.

Awani
02-19-2017, 01:01 AM
Even Paracelsus was an absolute prick, which can be easily seen through his text, constantly judging others, disregarding their views, putting them down with insults...

Not really. Only the mainstream doctors, teachers, upper class and scientists. As history would show he was right about them all.

elixirmixer
02-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Lol, true true

elixirmixer
02-19-2017, 02:41 AM
Have no fear my loyal viewers.

Despite that there would be many that would see the Great Mixer of Elixirs fall, the show must go on!!

Puffers, who disguise themselves as pious men, have wished to strike me down, but these sooth-Sayers be no closer to the stone than I, nor than you, my fellow journeymen, since we walk this road together!

(I am just joking around btw)

Let us walk this straight path, and if it be a philosophic matter that we seek, then by Heaven, it's a philosophic matter we shall find! Let us first master our skills in the lab, and once a small mastery has been had, we shall seek, find, and divulge the hidden essense!

Nothing stops this train. Lab is slowly looking cleaner, ready for a Moon Monday tomorrow!'

Andro
02-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Andro.

Do you believe that ethanol is plant mercury, or not?

From someone more experienced than most of us here in Plant Alchemy:

the error in thinking by assuming the plant mercury is ethanol produced by fermentation.

(You can read his entire post HERE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5131-Vinegar-distillation&p=47872#post47872))

Additionally, what is "Mercury"? What are its qualities/virtues? What does/can it do? By what signs do we recognize it? Does ethanol fulfill the criteria for "Mercury"?

These are not rhetorical questions, but questions we may really want to ask ourselves if/when intending to perform advanced plant work...

However, if we manage to open/lift/volatilize/spiritualize plant salts (without using essential oils!) and alter their properties so they can perfectly mix with the alcohol, then we have a more interesting menstruum...

-----------------------------------------------------

elixirmixer
02-20-2017, 11:27 PM
Thank you Andro, these are very inspiration-provoking questions and statements. Ones I will be seeking to answer.

Thanks again. :)

elixirmixer
03-02-2017, 05:06 AM
Sorry ladies and gentlemen, my graphics card went back to hardware heaven last week, my computer is completely out-of-action and this has slowed video production down. But things are continuing, videos will be made, experiments, will be broadcast and shared to my loyal viewers.

Andro, my apologies for the grammar issues. I'm back to the same problem that I had hen I first joined.

Now, there is a clear distinction between modern/traditional Spagyrics, and authentic Alchemy. While I'm still tryin to find where one stops and the other begins, I will do my best, to make a clear destinction between the two, so as not to perpetuate alchemical dogma.

Elixir of Silver seems to be coming along nicely btw.

elixirmixer
03-03-2017, 05:28 AM
In light of all things mixing, seaweed plans have changed.

This elixir shall be a dry distillation product.

It will be my first, and will most likely fail.

It will be performed Monday week and pictures ad explanations will be posted. Footage will be stored for the first episode release of my journey.

elixirmixer
08-09-2017, 10:05 AM
So none of this went to plan, however, some pics of some spagyric works just to get your rocks off for the evening :o

Frankincense being separated from its biomass, sitting next to a dark extract of chamomile: 987

Thw whole family currently: 988

Cinnamon: 989

Turmeric: 990

Myrrh: 991

That will do, I'm sure no one cares that much, but yeah, bit of eye candy for ya's.

These are all just coming out of incubation now and having their salts prepared (my least favourite bit of spagyrics because I suck at it)

I never got around to doing the seaweed, but one day ;)

Schmuldvich
08-09-2017, 01:31 PM
So none of this went to plan, however, some pics of some spagyric works just to get your rocks off for the evening :o
Nice pictures! Thank you for sharing!

How much did you pay for your alembic head in the background? Do you remember where you purchased it from?

elixirmixer
08-09-2017, 10:45 PM
I believe the 5ltr falanged retort, Falange, and a 2ltr flanged boilin flask was about $1200-$1300 AUS. I went in personally to Rowe scientific in SA and demanded the best deal they could provide, I got a 5% discount.

Obviously, glassware breaks, so to be honest, I haven't even used it yet cause I'm a little scared. However, essay dead-line is coming up so I better get onto it tomorrow and see how we go

U don't know why other people buy these, but the reason I've got it, because I interpret Hollandus's vegetable stone to require one. Although, when I reflect, a vacuumed distillation apparatus coul have achieved the same goals I think, however my soul has not progressed to a point where it can easily manifest vaccum, therefore I have been avoid it.

What country are you in Schmuldvich?

Schmuldvich
08-09-2017, 11:59 PM
I believe the 5ltr falanged retort, Falange, and a 2ltr flanged boilin flask was about $1200-$1300 AUS. I went in personally to Rowe scientific in SA and demanded the best deal they could provide, I got a 5% discount.

Obviously, glassware breaks, so to be honest, I haven't even used it yet cause I'm a little scared. However, essay dead-line is coming up so I better get onto it tomorrow and see how we go

U don't know why other people buy these, but the reason I've got it, because I interpret Hollandus's vegetable stone to require one. Although, when I reflect, a vacuumed distillation apparatus coul have achieved the same goals I think, however my soul has not progressed to a point where it can easily manifest vaccum, therefore I have been avoid it.

What country are you in Schmuldvich?

Good lord that's a lot of money for glassware! Blows my mind that you have all these funds and are able to buy loads of $1,000 lab equipment every few weeks! I gotta say, nice equipment you've got there. Looks good!

I will answer your question via PM.

elixirmixer
08-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Well the funds are slowly drying up unfortunatly. I'll have to go get a job one of these days, however, I'm not even considering that until I've completed Hollanus's veggie stone.

Down with the system :cool:

And yes it is a lot just for two flasks, which is why it will ONLY be used for the Vegi Stone and NOTHING else.