PDA

View Full Version : The Psycho Path

Awani
10-28-2015, 04:47 AM
psychopathic (adj.)
1847, from psychopathy on model of German psychopatisch, from Greek psykhe- "mind" (see psyche) + pathos "suffering" (see pathos).

So the mind suffers... but why not MindPath (PsychoPath)?

TAKE QUIZ (http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/psychopathy.htm) (12 questions)

I got 15 points... moderate to minor psychopathic tendencies.

Although one question I did answer a bit biased because I knew it would tip the scales over from no tendencies to moderate... after all some psychopatic qualities are really good to have such as: cunning, impulsive, criminal behaviour (of victimless crimes), promiscuous, charm, nomadic... and I didn't want to come up empty handed.

Funnily enough the number one job held by psychopaths is being a manager in the top of the pyramid of some corporation (which is my day job). LOL!

Now who should I rape and kill?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/4aquo_zpsefa75v2a.jpg

:cool:

Andro
10-28-2015, 06:23 AM
Apparently I'm so good at concealing my psychopathic tendencies (even from myself), that this test couldn't detect any :)

(And I did answer as honestly as possible, no intentional biases AFAIK)

Hmm... Or maybe I'm a Psycho-Em-Path :)

Also, from the test site:

Common Myth: While many people believe that psychopathy is more prevalent among CEOs and Wall Street bankers, this is a myth not supported by any research. While on the surface it may seem that many of the symptoms and traits of psychopathy might lend themselves to positions of greater power, the two are not synonymous.

zoas23
10-28-2015, 09:17 AM
You scored a total of 5

18 & up
Strong Psychopathic tendencies
13 - 17
Moderate to minor Psychopathic tendencies
0 - 12
No psychopathic tendencies

The 5 was mostly reached by some questions that I related to the good habit of squirting glue into the locks of butcher's stores... which is something that I don't really consider a "psychopath" habit, but quite the opposite... even if those "illegal activities" probably added some "extra" score in the test... otherwise I would have got less than 5.

Not truly surprised by these results.

I'm not sure if the philology of the word explains the true sense of its meaning in this specific case.

Salazius
10-28-2015, 11:43 AM
I scored 7, I'ma glad to know that i am not a psychopath.

Illen A. Cluf
10-28-2015, 08:17 PM
I scored a 4, a bit of a surprise.

Awani
10-28-2015, 08:53 PM
4, 5... 7.

Come on people. To much hippie shit here. ;)

zoas23
10-28-2015, 09:17 PM
4, 5... 7.

LOL.... When I was a teen I bought a TERRIBLE book: "The Psychopath's Bible" by Christopher Hyatt....
I strongly suggest you to read it if you want to get bored to death and curse the world for being reading such a stupid book.
(I've also read, when I was a teen, "The Satanic Bible" by Anton LaVey... can't decide which one was more painful and silly).

Other than that, Dev... you are a sweetheart, you can't play the rude boy with us, you won't convince us, not even with that 15.

Awani
10-28-2015, 10:23 PM
I got both those books. I enjoyed the Satanic Bible, but the Hyatt book I have never managed to read. It's a bit shit.

As for LaVey I like The Satanic Witch the most. Kind of like some satanic feminism book teaching women manipulation and control of the male sex. ;)

But my brief sojourn into Satanism was over a decade ago so maybe it wouldn't be as enjoyable today as it was back then. Although I am trying to get the Satanic Church on the podcast.

Andro
12-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Potentially interesting Ted Talk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYemnKEKx0c

Illen A. Cluf
12-17-2015, 04:06 PM
Potentially interesting Ted Talk:

Fascinating talk that brings up some crucial points! Thanks for sharing.

Ghislain
12-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Must have missed this post...got a 5.

Ghislain

Michael Sternbach
12-18-2015, 10:34 PM
I got "congratulations for not being a psychopath today!" That makes me feel so much better...

crestind
12-19-2015, 03:04 AM
4, 5... 7.

Another 5 here. Must've been those ayahuasca things I ate or something.

Michael Sternbach
12-19-2015, 04:04 AM
I forgot to mention, I got a 10. (That's in the "normal" zone, anyway. )

Andro
02-22-2017, 05:32 AM
Too many psychopaths in top-level management.

Too many psychopaths all around.

On the other hand, for better or for worse, I think we 'owe' the building (and destruction) of our civilizations (as we know them) mainly to psychopaths.

Without psychopaths, we'd still be dwelling in the tropical "Eden", living in harmony with ourselves, with nature and with each other, communicating telepathically and eating from the trees!

Quarrox
02-22-2017, 02:38 PM
@Andro: True, psychopaths exist in every class and culture. In my understanding, so to speak, "psychopaths" are required for the mental and social evolution and devolution. Rise and downfall of empires (rhythm), "negative" thinking, acting and experiencing, in contrast to positive and good-natured beings as the counterpart (polarity). The repudiation from Eden could have been a required event in order to enable the divine experiencing in it's full, dualistic bandwidth. I'm just rambling and wandering here.

Awani
02-22-2017, 02:53 PM
Best medicine for psychopaths is macrodosing. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

Andro
02-22-2017, 05:00 PM
Best medicine for psychopaths is macrodosing.

I don't do psychedelics and I don't do psychopaths either. Some (psychopaths) are much easier to recognize/see through than others.

And I tend to agree that it is the psychopaths who would more likely require (and promote) macrodosing.

Then again, they may also verbally promote 'Love & Light", but these words wouldn't really mean anything to them, especially when actions show otherwise.

So, do you think psychopaths require macro-dosing to maintain/enhance their condition? Or to ameliorate it?

Awani
02-22-2017, 05:11 PM
I can only guess. There should be a study done giving macrodoses of some potent psychedelic to serial killers and the like. I highly doubt - though - that psychopaths would promote it. Although there are two classes (when that word is used):

1. true psychopath that has no sense of right or wrong, and has no emotion when raping a baby and eating it... such a person might not respond to any "medicine" and is simply wired incorrectly.

2. pseudo-psychopaths... in other words greedy assholes full of ego and addicted to "whatever" and "power"... these people could be cured with a macrodose of psychedelics... but they would suffer a great deal and I think they would be very scared of doing it (if they knew what it would be like).

So, do you think psychopaths require macro-dosing to maintain/enhance their condition? Or to ameliorate it?

No. Psychedelics is not a psychopathic-friendly "drug" IMO. I think alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, cocaine, sugar, amphetamine and such drugs are a better option if the psychopathic behaviour is supposed to be empowered.

Psychopath
- a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behaviour.
- an unstable and aggressive person.

Having an experience of infinite love does not really translate well if the one having the experience is a violent or aggressive person... it would either mean that person stops being violent/aggressive or it would mean the person NEVER does psychedelics again. Generally speaking.

Most "bad" people are suffering. When the "psychedelic" removes the reason for the suffering in the first place... well then the problem is solved. ;)

Andro
02-22-2017, 05:28 PM
I think alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, cocaine, sugar, amphetamine and such drugs are a better option if the psychopathic behaviour is supposed to be empowered.

I watched "American Psycho", but it was a long a long time ago... What was Christian Bale's character using?

Another tangent, speaking of Christian Bale, since he played Batman in 3 movies...

Is Batman a Psychopath? Could it be that Batman and The Joker actually have much more in common than they would care to admit? :cool:

Gonna start a Psychopath thread...

Awani
02-22-2017, 05:37 PM
Bateman was using cocaine.

I don't think either Batman or The Joker is a psychopath. They both basically want the same thing... but they use very different methods. I always liked The Joker's style more... if we are talking the Nolan film... not in any other case.

Quarrox
02-22-2017, 05:48 PM
What about Superman? He does good deeds, but maybe only because of his thirst on fame and power. Would he do it without having any praising fans?

Andro
02-22-2017, 06:00 PM
I don't think either Batman or The Joker is a psychopath. They both basically want the same thing...

What is that same thing they both want?

I think they are both psychopaths, with the difference that Batman, just like Dexter, has a 'Code', whereas The Joker doesn't.

Awani
02-22-2017, 06:21 PM
A new world. :)

I liked Dexter, but honestly don't think it is very realistic... for such people as Dexter the fun is doing what is deemed as wrong. The Code makes his killing "right".

Aham
02-22-2017, 06:57 PM
I would use the word vigilante for Superman, Batman, Dexter, etc. Supposed superheroes that can become bad role models for kids...

Andro
02-22-2017, 07:35 PM
I merged this thread with an older one that I just remembered, so you can also take The Psychopath Quiz HERE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5152-The-Psycho-Path) :)

I got a 7:

You answered this quiz consistent with people who would not generally be considered a psychopath by research methods currently used to quickly screen for psychopathy in the population.

Quarrox
02-22-2017, 07:50 PM
I scored 4.