PDA

View Full Version : THC-O-Acetate (a marijiwana thread)

elixirmixer
02-24-2017, 11:35 PM
Want to impress all your friends by making the worlds best hash oil?

Follow me...........

Take your organic plant matter (this really is much better done, with a plant that has not been treated heavily with chemicals)

Put in freezer, freeze, take out, smash into powder form. Or ignore the freezer and just (mull up) ((do they use that term overseas)) CHOP up your plant into a powder.

Take either, 95% ethanol, or, 100% isopropyl alcohol or Naptha. All of these work fine.

Pour solvent onto organic plant matter. Let soak for as long as you are willing to wait, the longer the better in my opinion.

Filter.

Evaporate solvent (if you have a distillation apparatus, keep your solvent for next time)

Scrap your sticky oil from the GLASS dish. Put it straight into a funnel that is lined with filter paper.

Pour ether over the oil and through the filter paper.

Evaporate. This is MAINLY THC!

This next section is the good bit.

Acetation of the THC molecule: THC-O-Acetate is a much more bio available form of THC. The high has been described as a more spiritual experience than the tradition injestion of THC.

There are complicated chemical processes to achieve this, however, in my experience with organic materials and acetic acid (fair bit of experience) what acetic acid doesn't achieve overnight, it DOES achieve over loner periods of time.

Dry, this form is also smokable.

For the record: I have never performed these things, as the manufacture of drugs is illegal in Australia. While I have performed many other plant extractions and I know this one will be of interest to those of you in countries where you are permitted to perform such things. :) Enjoy.

ghetto alchemist
02-25-2017, 11:29 AM
I never seen it before.
But....I heard that the acetate is soluble in water and can be volatised quite easily in an e cig.

Axismundi000
02-25-2017, 05:44 PM
C21H30O2 + CH3COOH = C23H32O3 + H2O. (Online equation balancer)

elixirmixer
02-25-2017, 10:09 PM
Through studying these processes, I had my first experience with what Andro mentioned somewhere about ether being a great salt-enhancer.

As the ether evaporates from organic plant material, a special salt sublimates from the ether.

These special salts are pretty awesome looking. They grew in front of my eyes like little Christmas trees. As soon as they came in contact with sunlight they actually BURNT. As soon as they came in contact with anything else they would immediately liquefy.

I am going on a Garlic picking journey today. I intended to use them to run some ether sublimation trials. This special crystallised salt, appeared to me to be something very special. So soft, so beautiful, so unexpected.....