PDA

View Full Version : Neem Karoli Baba

Awani
04-22-2017, 12:19 AM
Some quotes from legendary guru Neem Karoli Baba (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neem_Karoli_Baba):

"If you desire a mango at the moment of death, you'll be born an insect. If you even desire the next breath, you will take birth again."

"This world is all attachment. Yet you get worried because you are attached."

"I don't want anything. I exist only to serve others."

"I have no powers. I don't know anything."

"It is not necessary to meet your guru on the physical plane. The guru is not external."

"When you loan money to a saint, don't expect to get it back."

"Keep God in your heart like you keep money in the bank."

"If you do not make it empty, how will you fill it up again?"

"It's better to see God in everything than to try to figure it out."

Hare Krishna. :)

:cool:

Andro
04-22-2017, 07:03 AM
Such dime-a-dozen superficial platitudes are still going strong to this day, with many disenchanted/disillusioned Westerners...

"When you loan money to a saint, don't expect to get it back."

"Keep God in your heart like you keep money in the bank."...not to mention a rather lucrative business model. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Supply & demand...

Now loan me some money, and I'll worship it like god in the bank temple... so don't expect to get it back...

"Keep God in your heart like you keep money in the bank."Yeah, with ever diminishing purchasing power and negative interest rates. Godly QE. This part actually DOES make sense :)

"It is not necessary to meet your guru on the physical plane. The guru is not external."

Apparently, those "non-physical" gurus require quite a lot of very physical ashrams... and fancy cars too, at least in the case of Osho, who complained about having only 93 Rolls-Royce's, instead of 365 (one for each day of the year).

The movie Love Guru is very "enlightening"... (watch it online HERE (http://onlinemoviescinema.com/watch-the-love-guru-2008-free-movie-full-online/)) and the movie Kumaré is a must see! (watch it HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8P5CgBTLyo) on YouTube)

Kumaré is an American 2011 documentary film directed by Vikram Gandhi. http://happyiteasy.blogspot.com/1865425 To record the documentary, American filmmaker Vikram Gandhi transformed himself into Sri Kumaré, an enlightened guru from a fictional village in India, by adopting a fake Indian accent and growing out his hair and beard. In the film, Kumaré travels to Arizona to spread his made-up philosophy and gain sincere followers.

-------------------------------------------------------

Dwellings
04-22-2017, 07:59 AM
"If you desire a mango at the moment of death, you'll be born an insect."

What a fucking fool this guy was. This means that man's soul is not worth a dime.

"If you even desire the next breath, you will take birth again."

Yeah, right. Many horrified of their experience on earth will never be born again and earth will be empty of humans by now. Moron.

No wonder, humans are fucked on everyside from cradle to grave.

Aham
04-22-2017, 12:44 PM
What a fucking fool this guy was. This means that man's soul is not worth a dime.

Yeah, right. Many horrified of their experience on earth will never be born again and earth will be empty of humans by now. Moron.

No wonder, humans are fucked on everyside from cradle to grave.

Not that I know Neem Karoli Baba from personal experience but sometimes context is important when quotes are used. I thought the following YouTube video was quite telling and moving (if true).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkmOdbJnMGw

Awani
04-22-2017, 12:46 PM
LOL. All gurus are not the same. Let those without sin cast the first stone.

Also Dwellings you miss the point and it seems you do not value insects.

Also most humans, if not all, desire life regardless.

Andro
04-22-2017, 12:51 PM

No wonder, humans are fucked on ever yside from cradle to grave.

I don't think he (and others like him) should be taken too seriously. Once it is understood that this is a BUSINESS, it puts things in perspective.

People will always be shopping around for something to believe in, usually a message containing a mixture of seduction and intimidation/fear-mongering. You've seen one, you've seen (most) of them all.

Unfortunately, those "gurus" with their "teachings' give the ancient traditions and wisdom a bad name. The same thing that happened with Western mystery schools also happened with those "gurus" from the East.

Yes, there are some genuine teachers, but IMO they are relatively very few and even more difficult to locate. It's more likely they will find you :)

All this being said, it can still be a very lucrative business model. Maybe I should get into this industry myself :)

Awani
04-22-2017, 12:57 PM
What you say is true from one perspective, however not all people and gurus are the same. And one does not need to believe or follow a guru to gain value from the guru. Wisdom is everywhere.

Embrace is more effective than rejection.

Andro
04-22-2017, 01:05 PM
I thought the following YouTube video was quite telling and moving (if true).

Devotees, ashrams, guru "looks like Jesus", bowing before the guru, touching his feet, combined with triggering some mommy issues (one of the safest bets to apply to potential converts), etc...

Emotionally manipulating potential "recruits" as well as larger masses is a well mastered technique by prominent religious and political figures alike.

Andro
04-22-2017, 01:09 PM
Embrace is more effective than rejection.

Neither one nor the other. Cast out the superfluities and keep the innermost core, which no one can teach you anyway...

But yes, not all gurus/teachers are the same (I'm not! LOL :)) - yet, it is a thriving business in so many cases, and the currency in not always money. The energy given by the "devotees" is a much stronger "currency" than money... Watch the video I posted earlier to see how easy it can actually be to "gurify" oneself.

Awani
04-22-2017, 01:44 PM
I have seen those vids already. So I know about "fake" gurus.

I was mainly interested in this particular guru, not all the rest. And it seems to me he was special. Critical accusations can me made on anyone. I can make them of you. And you of me. For someone who has a spiritual relationship with another such accusations have little effect. Personal direct experience cannot be questioned. To the outsider you can call it brainwashing, but not for the "brainwashed". I know you are aware that many people deemed insane are in fact sane.

Feel free to dig up dirt on this particular guru, dirt from WHEN he was alive. And even if you do not find any, dirt can always be invented. That goes for anyone. For me I am more interested in the stories of the man and of what his teachings were. Words that makes sense for me. And even here you can twist those words and misrepresent them. In the end true wisdom does not need a defense. And I am not a follower of this guru... I am simply putting him out there because I found something of value reading about him.

Like I said before: let those without sin cast the first stone

The business remarks is invalid because you can class everything a business. Are you a fake healer/shaman because you charge money? Maybe you are manipulating your customers already? You see? Anyone can fall victim to that line of thinking. Only the people you helped truly know if what you did for them was real or fake.

Dwellings
04-22-2017, 03:15 PM
@Dev,

It is not that I treat insects with disdain, far from it. But, the difference between the souls of insects and man is insane and any comparison appears foolish.
Also, such comparison shows that giver and the receiver both have low self-respect or the giver is a con artist.

Secondly, if you desire to know more about true babas who unfortunately were fooled by misinterpreting our ancient writings, you can refer this:
https://hidf1.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/saints-of-india-and-destiny-k-n-rao.pdf

Dwellings
04-22-2017, 03:17 PM
Not that I know Neem Karoli Baba from personal experience but sometimes context is important when quotes are used. I thought the following YouTube video was quite telling and moving (if true).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkmOdbJnMGw

Tha maharaj clown was claiminng himself to be the savior. Fucking clown.
http://www.prem-rawat-bio.org/teachings/saviour.html

Awani
04-22-2017, 03:19 PM
The only fact regarding opinion is that they are never facts.

Andro
04-22-2017, 05:41 PM
Baba - Live Version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVWs0budK_Q&feature=youtu.be&t=243)

"Baba" - Lyrics

I've seen them kneel
With baited breath for the ritual
I've watched this experience raise
Them to pseudo higher levels
I've watched them leave their families
In pursuit of your nirvana
I've seen them coming to line up from Switzerland and America

How long will this take baba
How long have we been sleeping
Do you see me hanging on to every word you say
How soon will I be holy
How much will this cost guru
How much longer 'til you completely absolve me

I've seen them give their drugs up
In place of makeshift altars
I've heard them chanting
Kali kali frantically
I've heard them rotely repeat your
Teaching with elitism
I've seen them boasting robes and
Foreign sandalwood beads

How soon will I be holy

I've seen them overlooking god in
Their own essence
I've seen their upward glances
In hopes of instant salvation
I've seen their righteousness
Mixed without loving compassion
I've watched you smile as
The students bow to kiss your feet

How soon will I be holy

Give me strength all knowing one
How long 'till enlightenment
How much longer 'til you
Completely absolve me

------------------------------------------------------

Awani
04-22-2017, 05:59 PM
From a person who writes an advice column. LOL.

Good gurus help the student do just that which you placed in italics.

Andro
04-22-2017, 06:30 PM
From a person who writes an advice column. LOL.

So? What's that got to do with anything? Everything can be fallaciously dismissed by saying "that's from a person who xxx"... Irrelevant.

Allan Watts was an alcoholic. Doesn't mean completely discarding everything he said.

In both your "line of work"* and in mine (although they are very different), it can be said that we "profit" when other people undergo some sort of suffering.

Should what you or I have to say be dismissed or ridiculed just based on that?

*line of work = what pays the bills

Good gurus help the student do just that which you placed in italics.

No.

What I placed in italics is: I've seen them overlooking god in their own essence.

"Good gurus" help the student to do just the OPPOSITE of what I placed in italics (i.e. NOT overlook/fail to notice/miss god in their own essence).

Definition of "overlook":

Fail to notice (something).

"he seems to have overlooked one important fact"

Synonyms: fail to notice, fail to spot, miss - i.e. "he overlooked the mistake"

Our Teachers Are Neither Perfect Nor Infallible.

Let us beware of those who claim to be.

---------------------------------------------------

z0 K
04-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Such dime-a-dozen superficial platitudes are still going strong to this day, with many disenchanted/disillusioned Westerners...

...not to mention a rather lucrative business model. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Supply & demand...

Now loan me some money, and I'll worship it like god in the bank temple... so don't expect to get it back...

Yeah, with ever diminishing purchasing power and negative interest rates. Godly QE. This part actually DOES make sense :)

Apparently, those "non-physical" gurus require quite a lot of very physical ashrams... and fancy cars too, at least in the case of Osho, who complained about having only 93 Rolls-Royce's, instead of 365 (one for each day of the year).

The movie Love Guru is very "enlightening"... (watch it online HERE (http://onlinemoviescinema.com/watch-the-love-guru-2008-free-movie-full-online/)) and the movie Kumaré is a must see! (watch it HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8P5CgBTLyo) on YouTube)

-------------------------------------------------------

Religion is a waste of precious time. I wrote this long ago about religionism BS:

Circus Church

In a vacant lot you will find
Circus Church
Hopeful faces; show inside.
Reverend’s amok
He’s all fired up
The rapture is there
It’s television religion!
Millions drop dollars of faith
Saving grace.
Profits of prayer...
Preformed miracles
Video evangelists
Apocalypse pre-recorded.

Awani
04-22-2017, 07:47 PM
So? What's that got to do with anything? Everything can be fallaciously dismissed by saying "that's from a person who xxx"... Irrelevant.

Exactly. That was my point. That is how you spoke about this and that guru. So I turned the tables and did the same to you... and now you thought it was irrelevant. Exactly. It is irrelevant.

Should what you or I have to say be dismissed or ridiculed just based on that?

No, not according to me. But that is what can be understood from what you said about gurus and business. Same thing.

"Good gurus" help the student to do just the OPPOSITE of what I placed in italics (i.e. NOT overlook/fail to notice/miss god in their own essence).

That's what I meant.

Religion is a waste of precious time.

Religion is a word. Don't confuse religion with religion. Nor follower with follower. ;)

Kiorionis
04-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Religion is a word. Don't confuse religion with religion. Nor follower with follower. ;)

Personally wouldn't mind an elaboration of this concept.

Awani
04-22-2017, 08:12 PM
An Astounding Mystic

Selflessness is one of the prominent signs of a spiritual man. If this quality is missing in the character of one who is supposed to be spiritual, he is not really a spiritual person. There was a well-known master, Neem Karoli Baba, who befriended me when I was still quite young. He lived in Nanital, one of the hill resorts in the Himalayas. He was a man who lived “half here and half there.” When someone came to him he would say, “Okay, now I have seen you, you have seen me, ja, ja, ja, ja . . . ” which means, “go, go, go, go . . .” That was his habit.

Once we were sitting and talking when one of the richest men in India came to see him with quite a big bundle of Indian currency. The man said, “Sir, I have brought this for you.” Baba spread the notes out and sat on them. He said, “They are not very comfortable as a cushion, and I don’t have a fireplace, so I cannot burn them for heat. They are of no use to me; what shall I do with them?” The man said, “Sir, it’s money!” Baba returned the money and asked him to get some fruit with it. The rich man said, “Sir, there is no market here.” “Then how can you say it is money?” asked Baba. “If it doesn’t buy fruit it isn’t money for me.” Then Baba asked him, “What do you want from me?” The man said, “I have a headache.” Baba replied, “That you have created for yourself. What can I do for you?” He protested, “Sir, I have come for your help.” Baba relented. “All right: henceforth there will be no headache—but from now on you’ll be a headache to other people. You will be so miserably rich that you will be a headache to the whole of your community.” And he is indeed a headache to his whole community, even today. Neem Karoli Baba loved Lord Rama, an incarnation of God, and was always muttering a mantra which no one understood. This sage was adored by many people in northern India. People did not give him rest. They traveled with him from one mountain and village to another. He was very mysterious in his ways.

I had many more delightful and funny experiences with Neem Karoli Baba which you wouldn’t believe, but a few Americans who have met him will understand what I am talking about. If someone came to see him he would say, “You were talking against me with such and such a person under such and such a tree.”He would give the exact date and time of day. Then he would say, “Now you have seen me, go, go, go.”Then he would cover himself with a blanket.One day a pharmacist was delivering some powder from Talital to Malital. He was a devotee of Neem Karoli Baba, so he stopped to see him on the way. I was also there. Baba said, “I’m hungry. What is that you are carrying?” The pharmacist said, “This is arsenic. Wait and I will bring some food for you.” But Baba snatched the powder from him and ate a handful. Then he asked for a glass of water. The pharmacist thought he would die from the poison, but the next day he was quite normal. He was not aware of the external.

If you asked him, “Have you eaten your food?” he would answer “No” or “Yes,” but it would have no meaning. If your mind is somewhere else, you can eat many times a day and still remain famished. I saw this with him. Five minutes after eating he would say, “I am hungry,” because he didn’t know that he had already eaten. I would say, “You have taken your food.” And he would answer, “All right, then I am not hungry.” If I wouldn’t tell him, “You have now eaten,” he would not stop. One day I thought, “Let me see how many times he can eat.” That day he took forty meals at various houses. He was eating the whole day. We wanted to know about his powers, and he knew what we wanted. So when anyone brought food before him, he ate. They would ask, “Will you eat?” And he would say, “Okay.” He went on eating all day. Finally I came and said, “You have eaten enough.” He said, “Oh, have I?” I said, “Yes!” In such a high state one becomes like a child. He is not fully aware of mundane things, but he is constantly aware of the Truth. - from Swami Rama's book ' Living with the Himalayan Masters'

Sounds like a cool guy to me.

Awani
04-22-2017, 08:15 PM
Religion is a word. Don't confuse religion with religion. Nor follower with follower.

Personally wouldn't mind an elaboration of this concept.

Most people love to watch film. The majority of people watch meaningless Hollywood blockbusters. Other people like small independent art films that have a lot of depth.

Some people can see good things in both kinds of film.

Film can be many things. We cannot say that film is bad. Or that film is evil. Or that film does this or that to people. Depends on the film. Depends on the viewer.

Awani
04-22-2017, 08:26 PM
http://www.prem-rawat-bio.org/teachings/saviour.html

Maybe you are the clown since you can't tell one person apart from the next. This is not the same guy.

Maharaji is a title that thousands of people have been called... so don't confuse one Maharaji with another.

Andro
04-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Exactly. That was my point. That is how you spoke about this and that guru. So I turned the tables and did the same to you... and now you thought it was irrelevant. Exactly. It is irrelevant.

Invalid straw-man argument. When I wrote about this guru and his business, I mentioned (in different words) that his theory ("no physical guru") contradicts the applied format of his teachings (physical ashrams, devotees, bowing to him and touching his feet, etc). Plus, his teachings are a collection of platitudes. Good for Facebook memes or for spiritually immature new-agers at best. Someone with good discerning faculties would see through this kind of charade quite quickly. But yes, I agree, it depends on the consumer. Some people can't even properly tune their instruments and yet they make their creations public as "music" or "art" - and still manage to have an audience of tone-deaf listeners. Way it goes. I take no real issue with it, I'm just observing. Plus, it makes for some "interesting" exchanges :)

Back on topic, in this case, it would be more like:

"It is not necessary to meet your guru on the physical plane. The guru is not external." - coming from someone who has many PHYSICAL ashrams and devotees bowing at his PHYSICAL feet.

He is contradicting himself right at the core of his "teachings" - revealing the hypocrisy of making a business model out of something he claims does not require physical expression. What I did was point out his own internal "two-party" dichotomy, and there is NO third party (I am not the third party, I am the observer in this case. And do not confuse observer with observer :)).

Apparently oblivious to this hypocrisy, you have created an imaginary third party straw-man and used it to pseudo-counter some very valid points. It's not like he's preaching sobriety by day and downing pints by night. If the teachings were, say, about sobriety without self-contradicting themselves (such as getting drunk at the ashram during a sobriety sermon), I would have most likely not even bothered with this thread (as per the Alan Watts example). But this one is different. If you can't see how and why this one is different, I can't help with that. To each their own.

That's what I meant.

Then perhaps it's a good idea to generally say what we mean in the first place, to avoid such misunderstandings. Because when pointing to the part I placed in italics, you said the exact opposite.

This being said, I am certainly not disregarding the profitability of the business model. Supply and demand.

Depends on the film. Depends on the viewer.Obviously, there are many people/viewers around who desire to consume ("embrace") such platitudes/films and are oblivious to the internal dichotomies and fallacies embedded in the teachings themselves, with no regard to what the guru does in his own spare time.

I'm down with that.

Andro Baba coming soon to an ashram near you :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kiorionis
04-22-2017, 08:53 PM
Andro Baba coming soon to an ashram near you :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know as soon as the pre-order specials begin.

Awani
04-22-2017, 09:28 PM
He is contradicting himself...

Everything is a contradiction and a paradox. It's about walking the liminal ridge and holding the paradox. I have read a lot on this particular guru, and it seems to me his teachings are not generally made through words... but in some sort of presence/vibe. I guess one has to have met him to "judge" for certain.

In any case I think this guru in particular is very interesting, and has no more a business than anyone else. Certainly does not give an impression of needing money nor followers.

...revealing the hypocrisy of making a business model out of something he claims does not require physical expression...

His most common phrase was apparently: go away

If I was the Messiah I would have lots of followers and Temples even if I asked people not to follow or build them. The sheep does not define the wolf.

Then perhaps it's a good idea to generally say what we mean in the first place, to avoid such misunderstandings.

Sorry, was driving at the time and looking back I can see that I did not write clearly at all. LOL.

As for art... if a human being creates something it is art. To be alive is an art form. And a life lived is an artwork.

------------------------------------------------------------

I am not interested in defending Neem Karoli Baba and I don't care if he owned a million temples (most built after his death anyway). All I care about is what I personally got from some of his teachings (which can be read in many different ways). For me the message is more important than the messenger. In a few weeks I will focus my interest on something else. I am simply in a Hare Krishna vibe at the moment, because I have received a lot of help from chanting Hare Krishna. It has been truly amazing.

Some people have a real issues with change. Some people confuse knowing/certainty with jealousy. Some people think they are more advanced than they really are. Some people are more advanced than they realise. And in most cases what a person dislikes is a true mirror of themselves. You know like the guy who is homophobic, but is actually a homosexual deep inside.

Any spiritual path or belief is a journey that can only be understood by the pilgrim him/herself. All I do is post snippets of small things I stumble upon along the way. Bread crumbs for others, just as others have left bread crumbs for me. I am not a guru, nor do I have any interest in being one. I don't need fame nor fortune. I am not impressed by power. For me I am trying to achieve a certain level of peace and knowing, which is the real purpose of my life. It sounds cheesy and Hallmarky perhaps, but compassion and love for all beings is the greatest thing one can achieve... even if this is only achieved in brief moments. But if one is walking such a path those moments happen more and more. It is not about changing the world. It is about changing the self. In my case myself.

Manipulative tendencies are very obvious to me, and when I do them myself I always try to say I do. It is better to speak straight than to talk in a round about way (like in the counter subtext assault example I did above)... because false speech is not good for the heart in any situation.

Which brings me to one story of Baba when a student had a problem to love everyone, because some people he actually hated. But it is fine to dislike someone if you inform them of this, as long as you have compassion/love for them.

Never hide your true feelings.

My feeling is that you have some issue with me in some way (in general, not connected with this thread). Not sure why, but please inform me. And if you do not, I won't believe you. LOL. But if you truly do not, then perhaps this feeling is simply a manifestation of change, which is the only thing constant in this realm. IMHO.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. - Rumi

Andro
04-22-2017, 09:40 PM
Some interesting complementary reading from a satirical blog:

The Age Of The Guru Is Over (http://chi-ting.blogspot.co.il/2011/12/age-of-guru-is-over.html)

A Prison Without Bars (http://chi-ting.blogspot.co.il/2013/04/a-prison-without-bars.html)

Andro
04-22-2017, 09:58 PM
Never hide your true feelings.

Is this something you also apply in practice? I'm asking because you quote 'The Art of War' sometimes, and those teachings also deal with concealing what one really thinks/feels/plans/etc...

My feeling is that you have some issue with me in some way (in general, not connected with this thread). Not sure why, but please inform me.

I don't have any personal issues with you that I don't also have with myself, albeit in somewhat different ways. Issues that expand all the way to how (and why) realities are generated and why they 'function' in the way they do. I'm talking about the layers of the created onion-verse, not of the omnipresent Center, where not only you and I, but ALL is in perfect agreement and harmony with itself.

On a more personal note, what you need to know in this regard is that you will never encounter from me things like betrayal, backstabbing, ill-wishing and the likes of such... If you're happy/at peace, I am happy/at peace with you. And if you or your loved ones ever suffer from anything, I will offer my unconditional assistance and I will do everything in my power to help (if asked). There's nothing more to know or say on this topic from my end.

And if you do not, I won't believe you. LOL.

Well, that pretty much invalidates everything I wrote above :)

But if you truly do not, then perhaps this feeling is simply a manifestation of change, which is the only thing constant in this realm. IMHO.

Manifestation of change in whom? You? Me? Both?

Awani
04-22-2017, 10:07 PM
Is this something you also apply in practice? I'm asking because you quote 'The Art of War' sometimes, and those teaching also deal with concealing what one really thinks/feels/plans/etc...

I do, but only in business. Business is war. But I more and more do it in the spirit of "play". I really don't care much. In the whole "The Art of War" there is only one statement that I really like which is: if you are strong, pretend you are weak... if you are weak, pretend you are strong. This is essential when dealing with governments, rat race, business and society at large. It does not relate to the spiritual path at all. I have to walk the liminal ridge because I am not a monk... I am still a cog in the machine of society, but I don't take it serious at all. I used to.

However in general I have hid my feelings throughout my life... but in the last 10 years this has been a major change in my behaviour. Usually one hides feelings out of fear of becoming hurt.

But these days I am untouchable that aspect... almost. ;) It hurt when my baby died, but what can you do. Maybe next time it will hurt less.

I don't have any personal issues with you that I don't also have with myself, albeit in somewhat different ways. Issues that expand all the way to how (and why) realities are generated and why they 'function' in the way they do. I'm talking about the layers of the created onion-verse, not of the omnipresent Center, where not only you and I, but ALL is in perfect agreement and harmony with itself.

On a more personal note, what you need to know in this regard is that you will never encounter from me things like betrayal, backstabbing, ill-wishing and the likes of such... If you're happy/at peace, I am happy /at peace with you. And if you or your loved ones ever suffer from anything, I will offer my unconditional assistance and I will do everything in my power help (if asked). There's nothing more to know or say on this topic from my end.

Now we are talking properly.

Also "you will never encounter from me things like betrayal, backstabbing, ill-wishing and the likes of such..." goes for me as well. And looking back at my life I might have done a few of those things unintentionally. I mean those words are subjective. Sometimes a person can do something out of kindness, but the other person views it as backstabbing. So all I can say is that I will not do those things with intention or conscious knowing... and if I did anyway I need to be informed, because I was totally unaware. Not speaking about you and me per se, but simply in general terms.

Well, that pretty much invalidates everything I wrote above...

Fine... I believe you. ;)

Manifestation of change in whom? You? Me? Both?

Everything.

z0 K
04-22-2017, 10:09 PM

WTF!? Of course religion is a word.

I am not the confused one. Waste not your time:)

Awani
04-22-2017, 10:13 PM
Waste not your time...

I have wasted 40 years on this stuff. So you are late with your warning.

Religion is subjective. Your view of it is different than mine. Spiritual Path is another term that has less triggers... but I see - these days - little difference with the two.

However "organised religion" is a different matter... but the organised part of a religion can easily be ignored... focus on the non-organised bits.

Hare Allah. Krishna Buddha. Amen.

Kiorionis
04-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Spiritual Path is another term that has less triggers..

Less triggers, sure, but it's still a "word" with a defined concept. Like religion. Like follower. And if you're in the mood to warp concepts, how far down the rabbit hole are we going? Cause we can do that all day.. it just won't get us anywhere in "phenomenal reality"

Amen, krishna buddha, hare allah. From one perspective to another.

Awani
04-22-2017, 10:21 PM
A word is a word, but is it The Word?

Andro
04-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Less triggers, sure, but it's still a "word" with a defined concept. Like religion. Like follower. And if you're in the mood to warp concepts, how far down the rabbit hole are we going? Cause we can do that all day.. it just won't get us anywhere in "phenomenal reality"

Mod Mote: Off-topic continued here: The Universal Language (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5233-The-Universal-Language)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kiorionis
04-22-2017, 11:36 PM
A word is a word, but is it The Word?

IMO, Depends on how much weight you apply to words. Sometimes I speak. Sometimes I Speak.

Apparently, both are misunderstood and also I agree.

Aham
04-23-2017, 01:53 AM

They might both have been called Maharaja Ji but Neem Karoli Baba is not the person as the link you provided.

Yes there are quite a few clowns out there... including many that support organized religion. LOL