PDA

View Full Version : The Universal Language

Andro
04-22-2017, 10:34 PM
"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."

- Wittgenstein

There is a "Universal Language" (although "language" is a bit of a misnomer), and it has no words.

This "Universal Language", also known by other names, is mostly lost (see the 'Tower of Babel' story), but it is still with us, mostly in art, subtext and allegory.

It is found in the pauses, it dwells in the silence between the words, it flows from the intervals between moments into the 'void' between spaces.

It is the "language" of the sub-conscious, the "language" of the Black Sun.

It bypasses Ra and goes directly to Amun/Amen.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kiorionis
04-22-2017, 11:41 PM

I like this part. It moves with me.

zoas23
04-22-2017, 11:45 PM

- Wittgenstein

There is a "Universal Language" (although "language" is a bit of a misnomer), and it has no words. This "Universal Language", also known by other names, is mostly lost (see the 'Tower of Babel' story), but it is still with us, mostly in art, subtext and allegory.

It is found in the pauses, it dwells in the silence between the words, it flows from the intervals between moments into the 'void' between spaces.

Oh... I dearly adore & love the mysterious Andro!!!!

A quote I love by Austin Spare:

"Learning all things from Thee in the most sinister way for representation: from thy thought to become thereafter. Having suffered pleasure and pain, gladly dost thou deny the things of existence for freedom of desire-from this sorry mess of inequality-once so desired. And is fear of desire. The addition of the 'I' of a greater illusion. Desire is the conception I and induces Thou. There is neither thou nor I nor a third person-loosing this consciousness by unity of I and Self; there would be no limit to consciousness in sexuality. Isolation in ecstasy, the final inducement, is enough-But, procreate thou alone! Speak not to serve but to scoff. Hearest thou, heaven's loud guffaw? Directly the mouth opens it speaks righteousness. In the ecstatic laughter of men I hear their volition towards release. How can I speak that for which I have necessitated silence? Salvation shall be Unsay all things: and true, as is time, that speaketh all things. Of what use are hints or stage whispers? True wisdom cannot be expressed by articulate sounds. The language of fools is words."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-u1lYCHPeA

"The living Lord speaks: 'In disciples is my satisfaction.' A weary one asked: 'Is it not written on the sandals of the prostitute-follow me?'" -Spare... again

black
04-23-2017, 03:08 AM

- Wittgenstein

There is a "Universal Language" (although "language" is a bit of a misnomer), and it has no words. This "Universal Language", also known by other names, is mostly lost (see the 'Tower of Babel' story), but it is still with us, mostly in art, subtext and allegory.

Andro

What you have written here is pure music to my soul.

Thank you !!!

Andro
04-23-2017, 06:39 AM
Apropos the universal language and silence, here is a short story by Villiers de l'Isle-Adam that some might enjoy reading: The Secret Of The Old Music (https://www.prismnet.com/~larrybob/oldmusic.html).

"The language of fools is words."

Still, we can use words (to some extent) as a pretext for subtext and still convey essence directly to the subconscious. It's the "next best thing" we have at our disposal when it comes to language, IMO.

That's what great poets, writers and orators do, as well as the great teachers of the world and many alchemical authors as well.

Black and Mr. K - thank you.

Awani
04-23-2017, 07:45 AM
This language is easily spoken with the self. Everyone needs a little help to understand it. Usually some sort of wake up call from a teacher, tragedy, trauma or text. IMO.

:cool:

pierre
04-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Basically, there are several levels of language /communication. Often the words are not necessary "to "tune" with anyone / anything.
There is a "energy on the second plane " that affects us. A kind of unconscious communication.
Lamentably, in general, we do not hear this "voice" speaking itself.
The same thing happens with the images...
More that "to "say", we must "feel". And in this one area, the lie does not exist.

We can learn to read between the lines too...

zoas23
04-24-2017, 02:28 AM
Apropos the universal language and silence, here is a short story by Villiers de l'Isle-Adam that some might enjoy reading: The Secret Of The Old Music (https://www.prismnet.com/~larrybob/oldmusic.html).

Oh, so glad you brought this tale, it's somehow for me like a twin of Balzac's "Unknown Masterpiece (https://www.gutenberg.org/files/23060/23060-h/23060-h.htm)"
Twins in the sense that the two of them, Balzac and Villiers de l'Isle-Adam foresaw what I call the suicidal and spiritual path of the XX century avant-garde art.
It is funny how they both understood what was coming and expressed the objection: "Art is dead! We are falling into an abyss!" says the tale by Villiers de l'Isle-Adam...
Whilst we find this quote in Balzac:

<<“There,” Porbus continued, as he touched the canvas, “Use the utmost limit of our art on earth.”
“Beyond that point it loses itself in the skies,” said Poussin.
“What joys lie there on this piece of canvas!” exclaimed Porbus.
The old man, deep in his own musings, smiled at the woman he alone beheld, and did not hear.
“But sooner or later he will find out that there is nothing there!” cried Poussin.">>

The two of them foresaw or predicted that the "new art" was going to "kill art" in the traditional sense.... by trying to avoid the use of a metaphor and express the "allegory" without the use of an allegory.

The Exhibition "Le Vide" (the Void) by Yves Klein is the final consequence of what was described by Balzac (an exhibition of "paintings", except that the gallery is empty... the paintings are pure abstractions, there isn't even a white canvas, there is "nothing"... even the paint of the walls had to be removed... his idea was to manifest the spirit by using the void).

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b0/f6/e3/b0f6e3662ecb7c3e53027bdaf50ee24b.jpg

And Villiers de l'Isle-Adam... he foresaw the infamous 4'33'' of John Cage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OovYr0w7BMA

No surprise that the two of them were very mystical artists (Klein openly stated more than once that he was "Rosicrucian", whilst Cage was obsessed with Zen, but also had an interest for Theosophy).

And whilst they are VERY different, the two of them were somehow obsessed with the notion of a PURE art... a notion that is directly linked to the idea of an "Universal Language".

There are other examples too... in literature it would be Artaud's Nerve Meter, which stated: "All writing is garbage. People who come out of nowhere to try to put into words any part of what goes on in their minds are pigs"... One of my favorite books, and yet "suicidal" in some way... a book about why it is impossible for him to write a book... a book about the impossibility of writing a book without destroying the whole sense that it should have because a book needs words.

I have a tendency to think historically... and I adore the "suicidal" avant-garde of the XX century (suicidal in the sense that to arrive to a PURE SPIRITUAL ART they felt the need to destroy the possibilities of making art... a symphony of silence, a void gallery, a book which claims that it's impossible to write a book, etc). The notion of an Universal Language lies behind such thing...

Of course, we have the earlier attempts of Leibniz and Kircher in the creation of an Universal Language... some sort of "Esperanto", but with the idea that it had to work without the need of "learning" it (a mission that, of course, they could not accomplish).

Still, we can use words (to some extent) as a pretext for subtext and still convey essence directly to the subconscious. It's the "next best thing" we have at our disposal when it comes to language, IMO.

That's what great poets, writers and orators do, as well as the great teachers of the world and many alchemical authors as well.

Being the book lover that I am, you will never find me saying that this is wrong.

The thread begins with the famous quote of Wittgenstein ("Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.")... and yet his Tractatus "saves" language and does it exactly in the way that you say with his allegory of the ladder:

"My propositions serve as elucidations in the following way: anyone who understands me eventually recognizes them as nonsensical, when he has used them—as steps—to climb beyond them. (He must, so to speak, throw away the ladder after he has climbed up it.) He must transcend these propositions, and then he will see the world aright."

I think he was to Philosophy the same that Klein, Cage or Artaud were to art: a "suicidal"... His Tractatus is the work of a Philosopher murdering Philosophy. I would call it the "Alkahest of Philosophy"... He had to dissolve his own discipline as to bring it to "higher" level.

At some given point during a conversation the unconscious CAN become manifest, almost touchable... of course, not in a conversation with any random person (there's different persons for each one of us).

Axismundi000
04-25-2017, 09:22 PM

Black and Mr. K - thank you.

A lucid explanation of the universal language by way of musical octaves can be found in lesson 9 of Jean Dubuis Spagyrics volume 1. A system to practically apply the universal language can be found in Franz Bardon's 3rd book The Key to the True Quaballah but it is not readily accessible.

Andro
04-25-2017, 11:53 PM
A lucid explanation of the universal language by way of musical octaves can be found in lesson 9 of Jean Dubuis Spagyrics volume 1.

Thank you!

I'll look into it.

elixirmixer
04-28-2017, 01:05 AM

I had an experience once where my mind was accelerated and I went into a fractal dimension. In this place it became obvious that our world was created through sound resonating in higher realms. The space between the sounds was where the vibrations were able to observe one another and it is in this place that symbols arise in the form of sound reflecting upon itself.

I believe that this is why many shamanic and aboriginal cultures use music to raise the frequency of there consciousness, particularly drum beats. Repetitive meditations on Hebrew letters and Divine Names also has a similar effect. We see even in our 3D dying world, that it is still built upon words, in the form of constitutions, laws, policies, job contacts, title of deeds. The power of word is greater than the arm by far. God did not 'build' the universe. He spoke it. And the silence was found watching Him speaking and therefore She became at this same moment, for in between the letters, Barbelo found herself amongst the Eternal Father. And those two manifested that first citation, that first word in the silence. St John "the word was with God... you know the one....

Yeah, cool business this subconscious rectificando :cool:

Awani
04-28-2017, 11:28 PM
In this place it became obvious that our world was created through sound resonating in higher realms.

Certainly, and even the scientific community has come to understand this... string theory and others research as well...

I believe that this is why many shamanic and aboriginal cultures use music to raise the frequency of there consciousness...

See this thread: Feedback and Reception (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4795-Feedback-amp-Reception)

:p