PDA

View Full Version : (non)Mineral, (non)Metal, (non)Magnet

Visceral
04-30-2017, 06:27 AM
^_^

Thanks guys.
I understand that to begin the Magnum Opus one requires the Prima Materia. (Mostly thanks to GL and Andros links and insights) I do believe I have discovered the mineral/metal that is not a mineral/metal, as well as followed it's relationship with gold and by consequence its necessary coagulation of SM. I have followed this rabbit hole to the point of understanding how this (non)mineral/metal is related to the (non)Magnet.

As it happens, my local area is basically saturated with this (non)Magnet. It stains the hands a red/gold/yellow. Children play with it, it was used in face paint and make up since the earliest known times of man. Therefore it is readily at hand, both child and womans work, not only do people pass it by and scorn it, they pay no attention to it whatsoever beyond its most immediate and vulgar use as applied via the common or puffers fire.

I would be willing to share my chain of thoughts about this identification with someone I deem to know at least as much as myself. Preferably far more. My issue is I cannot currently fathom how this (non)Magnet could be dissolved or anything else that allegedly occurs within Our True Alkehest.

In some possibly related experiments, following my understanding of several readings of the Mutus Liber and the Golden Chain of Homer I have 3 separate vessels currently incubating 3 separate versions of what I hope (at least one) will be the method of collecting Lunar Salts.

Any comments, insights, roadsigns, maps, gates, keys, names of useful ally spirits to drop receive a million points and blessings for a thousand generations of descendants!

Lux Fiat et Lux Fit

(Taken from my introduction thread at the gentle nudging of Andro)

Visceral
05-01-2017, 12:49 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Gold_vein_stockwork_in_limonite_%28Gold_Flake_Vein %2C_Farncomb_Hill%2C_near_Breckenridge%2C_Colorado %2C_USA%29_12_%2816891788938%29.jpg/680px-Gold_vein_stockwork_in_limonite_%28Gold_Flake_Vein %2C_Farncomb_Hill%2C_near_Breckenridge%2C_Colorado %2C_USA%29_12_%2816891788938%29.jpg

Does this mean anything to anyone or strike a fancy?

Schmuldvich
05-01-2017, 07:27 AM
The parallels certainly are there, but limonite is not our Prima Materia.

Volumes of Alchemists refer to Alexander von Suchten in their works. There is a reason for this, and it is because the guy knows what he is writing about. The following was written around the year 1550 and is just as relevant today and it was then. This treatise explains our Prima Materia as well as gives us a Short Path of completing the Magnum Opus.

http://i.imgur.com/8UjeCbQ.jpg

The ancient teacher Hieronymus says that it was formerly ordained among the Jews that no one under the age of 30 years might read the first Chapter of Genesis. Be this true or not, it is certainly not the custom among the Jews at the present time. Yet it is undeniable that man by a right contemplation and understanding of this Chapter, may gain a knowledge of many Arcana and secrets of creation. Not to mention other things, this Chapter is especially suitable to our Chemical Art. Indeed, of all books concerning the Theory and Practice of the Philosopher’s Stone, I know not of one which, from beginning to end, could more plainly and graphically describe our Art, than the Almighty Himself has done in that whole process of His great Creation. Since, however, Theophrastus diligently, and above all others, in his book, Tinctura Physicorum, followed in the way prescribed by God, and in the aforesaid book has sufficiently described both the matter and Practice --- or handiwork --- both of the Ancient Philosophers as well as of his own new corrected opinion, I will in this place substitute no other practice, but simply give a short Guide for better understanding of his book in order that beginners in this Art (I write not for the learned) may, by diligent study, and God’s Grace, attain to, not alone an understanding of the above Theoretical Firmament, but also the necessary manual skill in this Art from beginning to end.

Theophrastus, in describing this our philosophical work and creation (which is nothing other than a small world, since in it appear the participation and similitude of all things), follows the same method as Moses in describing the creation of the Great World. For, before Moses treats of the matter, he enumerates the three principles which indistinctly lay therein, but which, by God, were distinctly developed from the same. So also does Theophrastus, for, before giving the matter of his work, he indicates that, although it is one thing, three things lie hidden in it. These must, by fire or water, be extracted, and again be united into one being and substance, according to Christ’s saying: “He who knoweth not to extract many things from one thing, the same knoweth also not to make one out of many”. Now, Theophrastus says: “The matter of the Tincture is One Thing that, by fire, has been extracted out of three”. This is to be understood as the general concensus of all philosophers. What Theophrastus here affirms, Geber also substantiates. There is one Stone, one Medicine, to “which we neither add, nor take from it, anything”. Bernhardus says: “There is a single root from which the two Mercurial Substances are extracted or made”. Morienus says: “The first and principal substance of this thing is one, and out of it is one thing”. Agadmon, in the Turba, testifies also: “Therefore dismiss all plurality, for Nature is content with one thing”, etc. Hermes, a father of all philosophers, also says in his Tabula: “Even as all things have been born from one, by the mediation of One, so also all things have been born from this one thing, by adaptation”. Hercules especially agrees with Theophrastus, saying: “This Magisterium proceeds from one root, which afterwards is expanded into several things, returning again to one”. From all of which the Truth and foundation of this Art is apparent, for Truth is where there appears no contradiction.

Therefore also can false Alchemists be easily detected in this one point alone.

And since God Almighty Himself has created the whole great World, all Celestial, Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral Natures from one single thing and primeval root, how should Man be wiser than God, and for this work --- which, not less than the Great Outer World, contains within itself the seed and qualities of all creatures --- use more than one thing. For the said Art --- according to the testimony of Ferrariensis, Chap. 22 --- should imitate Nature. The matter of Art will be the matter of Nature and, since the matter of nature is unique, viz., the origin and matter of metals, therefore, also, the matter of Art will be unique.

The Book of Genesis relates that this primary matter was of a moist nature, or water, for, when diligently reading the text, although the three principles are first enumerated, viz., Heaven, Earth, and the Spirit of God; yet there soon follows the matter out of which God created Heaven, viz., water, which God took and divided into two parts of pieces, as you will hear. Hermes, or Mercurius Trismegistus, although an Egyptian priest, without enlightenment from God, may yet have derived great wisdom from writings perhaps left behind by Moses after Exodus. Hermes names not alone the matter from which all elements are drawn, a moist nature, but alludes pointedly to the division. This Word (Spirit), moving over humid nature, cherished it. But ardent and light fire straightway flew out from the bowels of humid nature; also light, air, obedient to the Spirit, took the middle place between fire and water. Earth and water lay mixed with each other, so that the face of the earth might nowhere appear, being drowned by the waters. Then these two were separated by the Spiritual Word”. Also Plato: “Water is the principle of the universe. For, from water are all things produced, and into water all reduced”. Hermes calls water the principle of all things. Theophrastus is herein of the same opinion, except that he does not expressly call matter water or moist nature. But he says it is composed of three substances, calling them here an Eagle, a Lion, and a Golden Glitter. In Liber Metamorphoseos he terms them: Mercury, Salt, and Sulphur. That is just the opinion of Hermes and other philosophers, speaking of Spirit, Body, and Soul. (See Key of Chemical Philosophy, by Dornaeus, fol. 411). How, now, these three can, by the artist, by means of Vulcan’s art, be extracted and freed from their prison, and again be united, will follow later. Remember, for the present, that he calls the one thing, from which shall be born the great and also the little world, a Red Lion. Had he desired to indicate it more plainly, he would have called it a moist nature, or water. He does this to prevent the unworthy from sharing this secret with the worthy. Other philosophers have exercised the same caution. For it is written, “This stone is hidden both from men and from demons”. But it is called a Lion on account of its great strength and power.

For as a Lion is the strongest and fleetest animal, mastering the other animals, and therefore compared to a king of beasts --- so also, amongst things created, there will not easily be found a fleeter, stronger, more penetrating thing, subjugating, occupying, overcoming, and ruling, without exception, man and others. Hermes confirms such swift strength, saying: “This matter is the strongest strength of all strength”. This is also experienced by those who know this Lion, and by proper preparation have been instructed how to use it upon other creatures. Then one sees after what manner this thing occupies, conquers, destroys, kills all things, even changing them from one form into another, nothing being exempted from its rule or unterrified by its roars. Hence by philosophers it is named the Animated Thing. Hermes says: “Behold, it conquers every subtle, and penetrates every solid, substance!”. For this reason Dionysius Zacharias calls it a Governor, and Bernhardus a King. For there is nothing that can bear so much rain, wind, work, heat, or cold, while it can be conquered or killed by nothing --- except it be by water --- as those know who have had such monsters in their keeping. Therefore it may be rightly named a strong Lion, by reason of the temperate conjunction of the Elements. For those Elements are separated and purified, and alternately married in a suitable manner, there being generated from them a Tempered Substance, which the Violence of Fire cannot separate, nor earth’s corruption vitiate, nor the muddiness of Water condemn, nor the contact of Air cloud.

In order that one should not imagine such Lion to be a strange, rare thing, he, Bernhardus says: “This Lion is named by many but known by few”. And it is true that it is at the present day carried about by all sorts of men in their mouths, although few, yea, only those whose eyes God has opened to Nature’s virtues and powers, can recognize and use it. Yet in its substance, nature, and matter it is so common, often-used a thing that Bernhardus says: “The whole world have it before their eyes”. Morienus asserts it to be so universal that Man could not live without it. Verily, “I declare to thee”, quoth he to King Calid, “that this Thing by Divine Will has been greatly used in Creation, and nothing made by God can exist without it”. Every person knows this thing, and whoso knows it not, he knows nothing else. I should like to see a child of 7 or 8 who is not acquainted with it, and is without a hearty appetite and desire for it immediately he beholds it. This inclination proceeds from man’s inner spirit, which well knows that all power to preserve health and long life are hidden in his one thing alone. And, in order that this substance be revealed and made known, he gives you another hint and sign whereby you yourself may recognize it, saying: “Such matter is the Greatest Pearl and Noblest Treasure upon Earth according to God’s Revelation and man’s desire”. These words are literally copied from the Lesser Rosary, which says: “For God has under Heaven created no more precious thing, except the rational mind”. Examine one after the other all creatures, you will find among them all no more precious, better, more lovely, or nobler creature created by God. An intelligent man can easily find bottom here by diligently observing the above explanations, together with the Sympathy and Disposition (Diathesis) of God’s creation with respect to man’s natural life. I will let the above instances and the guiding of Theophrastus suffice, and now refer you to our Author’s little Book, De Viribus Spiritualium, where he speaks of the Spirit of Life. There you will find that the Spiritis Vitae, or man’s life, is itself a celestial, invisible vapour; it is the temperament between the Elements, and is included in the Stars and all Heaven’s influences as far as the firmament stretches. Cornelius Agrippa, in Book I, “Concerning Occult Philosophy”, and the Spirit of the World, teaches how and by what means such Spirit is attracted from the Stars into nether corporeal bodies by their Magnetic Force. Richard, the Englishman, also teaches the same fully in his Corrector. Alchy., Part V, Chap. 8 and 9: “When you have now found which most abundantly partakes of this Influx and Spirit of life from other, the same you may use for your work, and apply it by right means and preparation, using its Spirit for the strengthening, preservation, and augmentation of you own spirit. This is more than enough concerning the matter”.

Now he comes to the preparation, and to the before-mentioned three principles, saying: “That this Lion, by Nature’s aid and the artist’s art, may be transmuted into the White Eagle, and thus, out of one, two are made”. Here the Author has wished to signify that, in this Art, man must follow the rule left him by God, the First Chemist. For, God having created all Creatures and Elements out of one thing, Water, it follows that He began by making two things out of the original one thing. The first He has taken up on high, making of it a heavenly water; the other was gathered together below, and by coagulation became Earth. St Peter, II, Chap. 3, briefly mentions these three principles: “By the Word of God the Heavens were of old, and the Earth standing out of the Water and in the Water”. Esdras, Book 4, the last chapter, says: “For God hands the Earth over the Waters by His Word”. Thus also in this work the Artist must divide his process into two parts:

(1) By distillation conduct one part on high, making of it a clear, heavenly Spiritual Water, here called a White Eagle. For, as no bird is so keen-sighted, or soars so high as the eagle, so also we know of no water so volatile, so penetrating, as this, for it ascends to the Heavens; and, as the Lion’s father and son, penetrates his bone and marrow, as we shall presently shew. Our Eagle is the true key to human renovation, and the bath of new Birth and Rejuvenation, as saith the Psalmist: “Like the Eagle shall thou renew thy youth”. It is a white transparent Water of heavenly colour, according to Alanus and Bernhardus, and hence is by many called Heaven (Coelum) by reason of its lofty qualities. This Eagle is the first part of the water which ascends on high, the Ascendens of Hermes mentioned in his Tabula. Esdras, Book 4, calls it: “The Spirit of the Firmament”. Other philosophers term it Water, Spirit, or Soul of the World, the Middle Nature which is a quasi-body and quasi-not-soul, and quasi-soul and quasi-not body. It is the ligament and vinculum of all Elements --- also, the one universal, generative Nature, dispersed through all the parts of the world”. And, since it has its center in the Supreme Circle (as being very light), whence also it came in the First Universal Generation of things, so when freed it ascends towards Heaven to its Centre. Above it has been called Humor Lunae, or the Humid Radical of all Creatures. Compare Aurelius Augurellus, Book I, “To the Lion”, For this (Anima Mundi) is diffused everywhere, And everywhere is active; In the winds of heaven, in the earth, and the bosom of the wide waters. They enclose the Soul, by which all things of earth do live. Thence the world itself derives its life. But, since the Sol is trammeled by no body, and the world, and all parts thereof, are in material form; therefore, between these two the Spirit is the intermediary, which is neither body, nor Soul, sharing in both these natures. Therefore in this live and increase Sea, Air, and Fire. This, embracing all things. Is always the Bird, always the root, ever bringing forth and perpetuating life. At length, imprisoned in yellow gold, itself seeks the hand of the artificer, who may loose its bonds, and, by its virtue, become powerful.

(2) The other part of the water --- or of our Lion --- according to the teaching of Moses, became corrupted and dry. That is now the second part of our Art, viz., the investigation of the substance of the Lion, when the aforesaid Eagle has been hatched out from his body, by warmth, as from an egg, and has flown away. To speak plainly concerning it, it is the dry, waste earth, and the cursed earth in Gen. V. It has its first name of Lion by reason of its aforesaid strength and sharpness. For, as a lion has sharp teeth, biting through that which he seizes, so also is this earth so sharp as to be unbearable on the tongue because of its penetrating nature. It cannot be touched without offence so the tongue, as saith the philosopher. Elsewhere Theophrastus calls it “An invisible, consuming fire”. Bernhardus retains its name of King, and says: “Although Fontin, the aforesaid Eagle, is the King’s Mother, yet is the King nobler than Fontin”. For, although he always retains the name of Lion, yet is he changed from his first nature, is no longer a virgin, but has been fructified by the Spirit brooding over the water --- his original first substance --- and has borne a heavenly, spiritual fruit, viz., the aforesaid Eagle. Hence these verses: A virgin, not one day old, By Nature’s decree espoused a man, And, before she had reached the age of one year, To this man a child she bore, Yet she died before she was born. And in The Song of Solomon, Chap. VIII, “I raised thee up under the apple tree, there thy mother brought thee forth; there she brought thee forth that bare thee”. Hermes calls the inferior substance gross or descending. For, being heavy, it has, and seeks, its center in the lowest circle, as it were, subject to the superior heaven and its influx, or the Soul of Middle Nature, or Mundane Spirit. Above it has been called by its right name of Solar and Natural Heat of all corporal and natural things. Now, as to the third principle, viz., the Spirit brooding. It is, according to Theophrastus the Glitter of Gold. For this Earth is but the real fine Gold, left imperfect by Nature, to be perfected by Art, as Ferrariensis says (Chap. 64): “The terrestrial parts are nothing else than the occult gold of philosophers”. Other sages define it as “The Soul of the World, whose colour is golden”.

Now, since in the first Universal Creation, the third principle, the Spirit of God, has never been separated from the other two, but the two have remained in one as the Spirit above, and in the water, so also is it in our microcosmic, particularistic, and philosophical Creation. We cannot obtain this third principle, this golden flitter, this beautiful gold-red colour, separate by itself. “It shines not to the Spagyrus”, saith Theophrastus, i.e., it conceals itself and is lost when one is made into two. What, then, becomes of it? According to Gen. Chap. 1, and the opinion of philosophers, it remains with the aforesaid water, and since that water ascends towards heaven, this Golden Glitter must accompany it in its center. Theophrastus, however, considers that it remains with the earth, perhaps on account of the Old Testament saying that the Soul is in the Blood, wherefore the Israelites were forbidden to eat it (having already converted the original One into Two). Such simplicity of the subject Ferrariensis describes well, Chapter 12: “The first radical Element whence all the Elements derive their origin is Humidity, or Water, i.e., liquefaction”. Or, according to others, it is the earth. Shortly after he says: “For the Beginning of the World there is One Sole Element, which is Primary Matter, from the Division of which, by reason of opposing qualities, were generated the four Elements, which were in it potentially”. Aurelius Augurellus, Book II, says: “Besides within there is ordained a double force, Which always acts and suffers, As a female and male when together --- Even as a chicken grows in the shell, By the action of the one and the suffering of the other in turn, And by cherishing heat externally applied”.

If you begin with one thing you must first make two of it. But, by taking two, such as Earth and Water --- Nature having educed this Binary from one --- you are saved the trouble, and have only to generate the third, which, as aforesaid, is always hidden in one of these two. Thus Lion’s Blood is the Bride around whom they dance, viz., the natural red Sulphur or Seed of Gold, ordained by God and nature to bear its like. But, being mixed and bound up too much with earth and superfluities, it cannot perform its office, except it be freed by one of Vulcan’s smiths from all bolts and bands of its natural prison. Therefore have both the Ancient Sages and Theophrastus taken great pains to liberate these Captive Souls from their Eternal Darkness by the Descent to Hell of our Heavenly Eagle --- according to Isaias: Those in darkness and the shadow of death see a great light. Thus have the Ancients united the two things, and, after a month’s putrefaction, extracted the spirit, that is, the water, with gentle fire by distillation. For this water will not stand a great fire, and if vexed with the same it becomes impatient, angry, and wrath to such an extent that it “knocks all of a heap”, as Bernhardus says, the residual matter they treated with strong water until the same went over as a dry spirit. Compare Solomon’s Song, II. C.: “Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?”. Now, this dry spirit is the substance or body of the Lion himself, the sharp earth, the old, miserly, jealous man, who breaks not willingly into the treasury, or likes to give up his golden-yellow oil, and only by force will let his palace be plundered. It is called a dry spirit by reason of the quantity of dominating fire therein, which is none other than the true philosophical Sulphur, as Bernhardus relates in the Book Concerning the Transmutation of Metals. But sulphur is none other than the pure action of Air and Fire, heating and digesting, or decocting, Earth and Water proportionately and homogeneously to themselves. Richardus, the Englishman, also says: “Philosophers’ Sulphur is a simple, living Fire, vivifying and maturing, and nothing but a hot and dry vapour generated from the purest terrestrial dryness in which Fire rules in every way”. Now, since all the oil or spirit does not go over at once --- in order that none of this gold seed or potable gold as the Lion’s greatest treasure might remain behind --- they moistened the corpus mortuum (residuum) with spirits and, after a month’s putrefaction, again distilled over as at first, thus obtaining more of the oil. This moistening, putrefying, and distilling they repeated until the earth was wholly dissolved and had given up its entire treasure, all the gold having distilled over and become a Mercury, i.e., Water, which has its coagulation or its sulphur in its depths, as Geber says: “Our Mercury has in its depths fixed Sulphur, and nothing sinks in it except Gold”. Dionysius well describes this process in this Practice: “After the Governor of the Firetown (oven, furnace) had retreated, his remaining warriors had long fought the enemy with fire, until they escaped the said enemy by retreating over the water and bridges which they had thrown up behind themselves”. That is the same thing that Aeneas did with the tree bearing golden branches. As often as he broke a branch off two grew in its place. Those are the lovely golden-yellow drops falling from the beak of the retort into the receiving vessel, one dripping down after the other, until the Lion has lost his whole heart, blood and strength. For that is the true Lion of Judah, sent by God to deliver His Peoples from their enemies and sins, in pain and torture to shed His Blood for them. The wound in His Side, whence flowing two long streams of Blood and Water, shall be a Fount of Purification to all those drinking therefrom. In these shall such water become the spring of a long, healthy life. Bernhardus goes on to relate that the Ancients --- having got so far that nothing further distilled over from the earth --- they again purified the water and oil, removing all remaining bonds, until they at length reached the Pure Fount, and the true, beautiful, golden leaves of the Golden Book. Here are our Adam and Eve naked, for their eyes are opened, and now they see themselves, what was good and bad in their own substance. This is the Rectification whereby they cleansed these two of the accidental impurities of the first Distillation (for the unclean Spirits guarding the treasure in the earth love not to leave the same). This is the first process of our Philosophical Birth, the Returning into the Mother’s Womb, whereby the Rule of God is followed, and the first precepts of chemists are fulfilled, viz., the Reduction into Primary Matter, into the Three Natural Principles, i.e., Animated Spirit, Mercury, and Sulphureous Vapour of Earth. Thereby are separated the Elements and the Pure from the Impure, and, finally, the Seeds of Gold are brought from the Darkness to Light, which is nothing less than the Generation of Nature in the Generation of Metals, and The Process with Double Smoke of Paracelsus.

...But the above method entailed heavy expenses and much time and labour, all of which the Ancient Sages could have avoided, and obtained the Lion’s treasure by a shorter cut, had they enquired into the matter as diligently as Theophrastus. Now, I wot there is no one who would not wish to know this shorter method; and that you may not have to complain of Theophrastus, he shews you another short way, admonishing you also to let the above tedious process be, and to take from the Lion nought but his rosy blood, and from the Eagle the white gluten. These two bodies you must coagulate together and bring into one body, as it were male and female seed. Now, someone might object thus. Dear Theophrastus, that is the old story which I have heard long ago. (The Ancients took nothing more than the Lion’s blood and water, and coagulated them) Yet you tell me the same is a brief way to obtain the aforesaid two Mercurial Substances, with little labour and in a short time. Well, that is true so far. Theophrastus is not so clear here as he might be. But you may easily imagine what the mode of preparation must be if you have diligently studied Theophrastus’s other books and preparations, and are otherwise experienced in Chemical labours. You will then find that Chemistry, in the preparation of all arcana (secrets), has two methods, viz., Distillation and Extraction. Whatsoever is to be prepared by Chemistry and brought into its Arcanum, its Tincture, or Quintessence (in which is he power and virtue of all creatures), or is to be cleansed from impeding impurities, that must be done by Distillation or Extraction (which is the same as Solution). There is no other means. As Bernhardus says: “The King never goes forth except the Fountain attract him”. Now, having already heard that he rejects the tedious process of much distillation and purification by reason of its expense, etc., you perceive that he must have used the only other means, viz., Extraction by Solution. According to Calid, son of Jazichus: “Solution is the Extraction of the Interior of Things to their Superficies, so that the hidden become manifest”. Hence his (Theo.’s) meaning is this: When you of one thing have made two --- or have taken two things differently constituted by Nature --- let the old process alone; take from the Lion his blood only --- i.e., cut out his heart with his own sharp spear --- or as Bernhardus says: “Slay the King with his own sharp, poisonous Mercurial Water”. In plain words: Extract but from the earth its Tincture or Arcanum, and the blood, the sunshine, the dry spirit immediately all distills over. By such extraction or solution more will be done in a few hours than the Ancient Sages could effect in six months. By the above process the whole work may be completed in ten or twelve months, in which time the Ancients could barely achieve the first step --- i.e., Reduction into Primary Matter --- as all those know whom God has enlightened, and thought worthy you know this Solution and Extraction. But misunderstand me not! I speak here, not of the second solution of the earth, but of the first solution of the crude body. How this solution and extraction is effected it behooves not to tell here more plainly --- as our author says -- - not to put the food right into the bad birds’ beaks. As the saying is: He who would reach the open sea must first pass through the narrow straits. That is the blessed place of which Esdras writes (Bk. IV, Chap. 2): The path to it is narrow, so that but one man can walk on the same. On one side is Fire, on the other Water. He who would inherit or possess these good things must first undergo much trouble and danger until he finds the narrow footpath between Fire and Water, and pass over. Now, having revealed this to you indirectly as far as may be, I would refer you to other philosophers. Remember Geber’s rule: “That no Solution should be made, except in its own blood, and that calcined things are more soluble than noncalcined. For, by calcinations, they are reduced to the natures of Slats and Alums, which alone are soluble”. If you are a true searcher after knowledge, the above will tell you more than too much. Compare Aurelius Augurell., Book 3: “First, taking thin plates and filings of pure gold, “Thou shalt crush and pound them into the form of fine powder, or river sand, with frequent blows: “Until, at length, they become liquid, dissolved by putrid humour from within themselves. “It will be well here sometimes to pour in large quantities of liquor of their own seed, but by no chance anything foreign”. This is also the aforesaid short process of Theophrastus, whereby you, in a short time, and with little trouble and expense, may find the two said things (of which one is the Father, or Sun, or Red Water, and the other the Mother, or Moon, or White Water) which are necessary for the perpetration of the miracle of the One Thing, and for which good counsel you owe Theophrastus many thanks. Thus, by God’s help, is effected the first step of this process, which is done by the hand through Sublimation and Purification. By this the fleshly, corporeal Adam is killed, and Body, Soul, and Spirit, by the natural death, are separated from one another.

http://i.imgur.com/EMSdIOP.jpg

Visceral
05-01-2017, 07:39 AM
I wasn't saying limonite was the PM, but it certainly is not a mineral or a metal. I believe it is empirically related to the magnet that is not a magnet, which I believe may be what is referred to as a "better" natural magnet for SM, in that it is a completely non magnetic material that due to its internal structuring still exhibits certain bouts of magnetism. It could be said to be magnetically void itself yet sympathetic to magnetism, or perhaps a spontaneous producer of magnetism whilst generally being considered a nullifier of such.

It would certainly fit the tongue-in-cheek attitude of the Logos at any rate.

I am not trying to be argumentative, just clarifying, I can't wait to look over your post in greater detail and try to comprehend it, it appears very worthwhile upon the short glance I can spare before slumber, thank you, O kind soul. ^_^

Kiorionis
05-01-2017, 12:26 PM
My issue is I cannot currently fathom how this (non)Magnet could be dissolved or anything else that allegedly occurs within Our True Alkehest.

Not sure if I 100% understand what you're getting at, but I'll throw this out anyways based on my own experience haha.

It's a matter of coherence along the "chain", similar to like-begetting-like. The whole: you cannot produce a tree from a rock, cannot produce a man from an acorn argument which many texts like to repeat. Break one link in the "chain" and everything unravels.

It might also be important to note that the Alkahest is an evolved an concocted matter, not the starting matter.

In some possibly related experiments, following my understanding of several readings of the Mutus Liber and the Golden Chain of Homer I have 3 separate vessels currently incubating 3 separate versions of what I hope (at least one) will be the method of collecting Lunar Salts.

Do you have a control experiment, to determine a baseline?

Schmuldvich
05-01-2017, 03:27 PM
I wasn't saying limonite was the PM, but it certainly is not a mineral or a metal. I believe it is empirically related to the magnet that is not a magnet, which I believe may be what is referred to as a "better" natural magnet for SM...

I can't wait to look over your post in greater detail and try to comprehend it, it appears very worthwhile upon the short glance I can spare before slumber, thank you, O kind soul. ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/rjtcnVV.jpg

Limonite is in no way related to Alchemy or used in any of our Processes. Limonite is completely dead and useless to the Art.

What we need is a starting Matter containing all of Nature within itself potentially. The Sages say that this Universal starting Matter is known by everyone but valued by few. This special Matter is the beginning and starting point of the Great Work and the only thing on Earth that will ever lead to a successful completion of the Magnum Opus, which I assume is what you seek.

The "Cabala Mineralis" manuscript is a better resource for understanding our starting Matter better than the "Mutus Liber" is, but that is just my opinion. George Ripley's "Medulla Alchymiae" is another fantastic resource.

Our starting Matter and our Prima Materia are two different (yet the same) substances. Our starting Matter is what we Collect and work upon in the beginning of our Work, whereas our Prima Materia is what we cause to be extracted (from either a Proximal or Remote material, depending on our method of working i.e. the Noble Way or a Less Noble Way).

We need to remember that the Ancients spoke in a vernacular not easily digested by modern man. When the old Adepts spoke or wrote down what they had to say, it was always written with veiled speech. You cannot take their words literally or follow their receipts directly. Where one Author could be referring to our starting Matter, another Author uses the same word to describe our Prima Materia. Both Authorities are correct in spirit while superficially disagreeing on the surface.

Many Adepts exoterically spoke of a subject while esoterically paralleling another very similar subject which can be absolutely perplexing, misleading, and confusing to the uninitiated Seeker especially when such writers purposely spoke about the Short Path when describing the Long Path and vice versa.

Taking time to read and understand what has been written in the past is something I cannot stress enough! One must have a foundation and familiarity with the Works and words of old Adepts before ever beginning trying to comprehend what they were attempting to convey to the honest Seeker. "A New Chemical Light" by Sendivogius and "An Open Entrance To The Closed Palace Of The King" by Philalethes are both great texts highly worthy of diligent study. There is a reason I posted that little excerpt from von Suchten; read it all. If reading is not your thing, pondering various series of Alchemical Images & Illustrations (https://philosophiauniversalis.com/alchemical-images/) may be more worth your time.

The top image (http://i.imgur.com/8UjeCbQ.jpg) I posted yesterday declares our Whole Art, whereas the bottom image (http://i.imgur.com/EMSdIOP.jpg) is a portrayal of the Short Path. Today I posted two more images I really admire. The picture at the top of this post is another bold declaration of our Art, and this bottom image is another depiction of the Short Path.

http://i.imgur.com/ckI9fVh.jpg

JDP
05-01-2017, 07:26 PM
I wasn't saying limonite was the PM, but it certainly is not a mineral or a metal.

Limonite is a mineral, and it contains a metal (iron).

JDP
05-01-2017, 07:40 PM
What we need is a starting Matter containing all of Nature within itself potentially. The Sages say that this Universal starting Matter is known by everyone but valued by few. This special Matter is the beginning and starting point of the Great Work and the only thing on Earth that will ever lead to a successful completion of the Magnum Opus, which I assume is what you seek.

Too bad that it does not exist already made anywhere in nature. Nature makes no such matter, and you will only waste your time seeking for it somewhere already made for your convenience. The amount of coincidences that would have to happen for the alchemical "Magnesia", "Sericon", "Antimony", "Tartar", "Chaos", "Silex", etc. to be made naturally without the intervention of man are ASTRONOMICAL, you have better chances of winning the lottery. But the alchemist can make this (deceptively in outward appearance) "one matter" out of several carefully chosen ones. Don't fall for the "only one matter" gimmick. It will lead you nowhere fast.

The "Cabala Mineralis" manuscript is a better resource for understanding our starting Matter better than the "Mutus Liber" is, but that is just my opinion. George Ripley's "Medulla Alchymiae" is another fantastic resource.

Neither of which endorse the "one matter only" trap.

Our starting Matter and our Prima Materia are two different (yet the same) substances. Our starting Matter is what we Collect and work upon in the beginning of our Work, whereas our Prima Materia is what we cause to be extracted (from either a Proximal or Remote material, depending on our method of working i.e. the Noble Way or a Less Noble Way).

Unless you "collect it" inside your vessels out of the reactions used in making it (which is the real "beginning" of the work, and thus the part that has been kept most secret and the one that has been distorted the most by many writers) you will never find it anywhere else, because contrary to the type of misleading assurances of some malicious writers that you seem to like so much, NATURE DOES NOT MAKE THIS "ONE MATTER" THAT CAN PERFORM ALL OF WHAT THE ALCHEMISTS DESCRIBE.

Visceral
05-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Limonite is a mineral, and it contains a metal (iron).

http://m.minerals.net/mineral/limonite.aspx

Limonite is scientifically not considered a true mineral as it lacks a definitive*chemical formula*and*crystal structure. However, all mineral reference guides list it together with other minerals. Limonite is a*matrixbase of many other minerals, and the termgossan*is used as a reference to Limonite when it is used as a a matrix for another mineral or has formed an undesirable staining on top of it.

Limonite is extremely common and forms the coloring matter in many soils. It is also responsible for the coloring on theweathered*surfaces of rocks. Much Limonite, especially the*fibrous*type, is either*Goethite*or*altered Goethite that absorbed water in its*chemical structure.

Limonite commonly forms as apseudomorph*over other minerals, especially*Pyrite,*Marcasite*and*Siderite. These pseudomorphs are very identifiable by their partial rusting look and yellow staining.

JDP
05-01-2017, 07:48 PM
http://m.minerals.net/mineral/limonite.aspx

Those guys are using a very particular definition of "mineral", to mean something that has a "definitive chemical formula and crystal structure." If we go by such a technicality, then there aren't that many "minerals" on the planet, as the majority of them are not "pure" and contain varying proportions of other substances. And even by the peculiar definition they use, limonite is simply a mixture of various mineral oxides & hydroxides. So it is a "mineral" no matter how you want to look at it.

Visceral
05-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Not sure if I 100% understand what you're getting at, but I'll throw this out anyways based on my own experience haha.

It's a matter of coherence along the "chain", similar to like-begetting-like. The whole: you cannot produce a tree from a rock, cannot produce a man from an acorn argument which many texts like to repeat. Break one link in the "chain" and everything unravels.

It might also be important to note that the Alkahest is an evolved an concocted matter, not the starting matter.

Do you have a control experiment, to determine a baseline?

The understanding I have is that a magnet is required to attract the SM, as SM is not available in use able abundance naturally, and that this SM after being collected may be Putrefyed and Distilled and Coagulated and Rectified and Purified all in and of itself, in one Vessel, and that once properly treated as such became the Universal Solvent or Menstruum or Alkehest.

That said I have not produced a Stone myself. However I think it would be fair to bid others who have not produced one either to refrain from absolute statements about what is where and used for which what.

I suppose it cannot hurt to outline my present experiments as such.

Jar 1) slight preparation before hand. Filled slightly less than 1/3rd of way with sea salt, a small circle of water was added to the very center of the pile and 3 OMs intoned into it also, then the jar was left in darkness until the next full moon

Jar 2) filled partway with soil my niece had taken an interest in the day before (she's just turned 3, still very intuitive) just after midnight on the full moon so the soils saturation with the Lunar Light would be maximized.

Jar 3) is physically empty but Philosophically "full". At the time the experiment was performed (just after midnight of April the 13th) I simply held the jar aloft, open end directly towards the moon. I observed the rays of the moon and them interacting with themselves and obstructing each other and coagulating into an uncertain "pile" of unspecified potential Lunar energy, having been fed by the Sun and Hopefully impregnated by Mother moon, I was aware of its presence without picturing it or holding a concept of it in my mind, simply being aware that it was there. This went on for approx 10-15 minutes. I hope my neighbors didn't look out the window for some reason xD

I dug 3 small shallow holes in the earth where my niece had spontaneously begun digging the day before and lightly pressed the disturbed earth around the jars leaving the tips slightly above the dirt. Then I went inside until about 330, which is just before the first rays of the Sun would begin peaking out and disturbing the dew/mundi I was hoping to catch more of in my experiments.

All 3 jars are currently in a dark box side by side in a room temperature closet that also doesn't see any light. On the new moon I investigated them briefly and noticed condensation in all 3 jars but it's far too early and my glance far too brief to say what anything is. All 3 could easily be nothing.

Visceral
05-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Those guys are using a very particular definition of "mineral", to mean something that has a "definitive chemical formula and crystal structure." If we go by such a technicality, then there aren't that many "minerals" on the planet, as the majority of them are not "pure" and contain varying proportions of other substances. And even by the peculiar definition they use, limonite is simply a mixture of various mineral oxides & hydroxides. So it is a "mineral" no matter how you want to look at it.

Yet truly it is a mineraloid, no?

JDP
05-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Yet truly it is a mineraloid, no?

I guess you could say so. It is a composite of several minerals.

Visceral
05-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Be sure, Schum, that if I don't reply yet it is because I value your responses enough to hold a response of my own until I have had time to read all of it and reference the books and authors you mention. Don't think I don't notice a pile of gold when it's put before me!

I love reading. Lege, Lege, Relege etc

Visceral
05-01-2017, 08:34 PM
I guess you could say so. It is a composite of several minerals.

A mineraloid is a naturally occurring, inorganic solid that does not exhibit crystallinity. It may have the outward appearance of a mineral, but it does not have the “ordered atomic structure” required to meet the definition of a mineral. Some mineraloids also lack the “definite chemical composition” required to be a mineral.

To be considered a mineral, a material must meet the following five requirements:

1) naturally occurring
2) inorganic
3) solid
4) ordered atomic structure
5) definite chemical composition (can vary within a limited range)
Minerals are “crystalline.” In other words, they have an ordered atomic structure. In contrast, mineraloids are “amorphous.” This means that their internal atomic structure is not ordered.

Without the ordered atomic structure, mineraloids never produce well-formed crystals. They also do not exhibit the property of cleavage because they lack internal planes of weakness.

http://geology.com/minerals/mineraloids/

What I found interesting about Limonite was it's constant association with other metals. So far as I know you never find Limonite by itself. It also has the intersting property of transforming into other mineral/metals over time. I would like an alchemist to explain to me how such a process is NOT related to SM and it's slow assimilation of mineral/metals into their purest form, i.e. eventually gold.

Researchers who studied "limonite" discovered that it is amorphous and has a variable composition. It often contains significant amounts of iron oxide minerals such as goethite and hematite. This research revealed that the material called "limonite" does not meet the definition of a mineral. Instead, limonite is a mineraloid composed mainly of hydrous iron oxides that are often found in intimate associations with iron minerals.

Today the word "limonite" is used as a field and classroom term for these materials because they cannot be identified in hand specimens and their identity is unknown without laboratory testing. The time and expense required to do this testing is generally not needed, unless the material is going to be used in industry or it is the subject of a detailed study. Thus the name "limonite" is not obsolete; it is still meaningful and useful.

Geologic Occurrence
Limonite usually occurs as a secondary material, formed from the weathering of hematite, magnetite, pyrite, and other iron-bearing materials. Limonite is often stalactitic, reniform, botryoidal, or mammillary in habit rather than crystalline. It also occurs as pseudomorphs and coatings on the walls of fractures and cavities.

Some limonite is found in stratified deposits where hydrous iron oxides form as precipitated sediment on the floor of shallow swamps, lakes, and marine environments. These can be of inorganic or biogenic origin.

Limonite often forms as a precipitate at springs and mine openings where acidic, iron-laden waters emerge from the subsurface. Most subsurface waters contain very little oxygen, and when they discharge to the surface, they often encounter oxygenated waters. Dissolved metals in the groundwater rapidly combine with the dissolved oxygen of the surface water to form a precipitate that falls onto the bed of the stream. This precipitate is a characteristic sign of acid mine drainage.

Limonite is very resistant to weathering and often accumulates as a residual deposit. It is often the main form of iron and colorant in lateritic soils.

http://geology.com/minerals/limonite.shtml

(continued)

Limonite has been used by people since prehistoric times. Their first use of limonite was probably as a pigment. It is found in many Neolithic pictographs, and throughout history it has been one of the most important pigments for creating paints in the yellow to brown color range known as ocher. Its use as a pigment continues today. It can sometimes be used directly from the deposit with minimal processing, but it is often heat treated to drive off water, simplify the production of a powder, and improve color.

Limonite has been used as a low-quality iron ore for thousands of years. Commercial mining of limonite as a source of iron is no longer done in areas where reasonable deposits of hematite and magnetite are present or readily imported. Limonite deposits are usually too small and too impure for use in modern metallurgy.

Names such as "brown iron," "brown hematite," "bog iron," and "brown ocher" have been used by miners to relate limonite with its potential uses. Their use has declined significantly, and the name "limonite" is now used for these various materials.

Now what is going on here that makes hematite so darn interesting? Well firstly it's everywhere. It's one of the most abundant materials on earth. Also it's description might seem familiar:

Hematite has an extremely variable appearance. Its luster can range from earthy to submetallic to metallic. Its color ranges include red to brown and black to gray to silver. It occurs in many forms that include micaceous, massive, crystalline, botryoidal, fibrous, oolitic, and others.

Even though hematite has a highly variable appearance, it always produces a reddish streak.

http://geology.com/minerals/hematite.shtml

Black, scaly in appearance and leaves a reddish streak. Known in ancient times as a "healing stone". However we all know that THE stone is not readily picked up off the ground. So the hematite must be treated somehow yes?

Turns out there is a ready abundance of magnetite->hematite via a blast furnace being used to oxidize the magnetite. This hematite is very interesting magnetically speaking.

Hematite is an antiferromagnetic material below the Morin transition at 250 kelvin (K) or -9.7 degrees Fahrenheit (°F), and a canted antiferromagnet or weakly ferromagnetic above the Morin transition and below its Néel temperature at 948 K, above which it is paramagnetic.

The magnetic structure of a-hematite was the subject of considerable discussion and debate in the 1950s because it appeared to be ferromagnetic with a Curie temperature of around 1000 K, but with an extremely tiny magnetic moment (0.002 µB). Adding to the surprise was a transition with a decrease in temperature at around 260 K to a phase with no net magnetic moment. It was shown that the system is essentially antiferromagnetic, but that the low symmetry of the cation sites allows spin–orbit coupling to cause canting of the moments when they are in the plane perpendicular to the c axis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematite

Spin canting:

Spin canting is due to two factors contrasting each other: isotropic exchange would align the spins exactly antiparallel, while antisymmetric exchange arising from relativistic effects (spin-orbit coupling) would align the spins at 90° to each other. The net result is a small perturbation, the extent of which depends on the relative strength of these effects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_canting

A little more on man's history with limonite, hematite, ochre, to drive home these connections should not be ignored entirely:

The name hematite is derived from the Greek word for blood αἷμα haima, due to the red coloration found in some varities of hematite. The color of hematite lends itself to use as a pigment. The English name of the stone is derived from Middle French: Hématite Pierre, which was imported from Latin: Lapis Hæmatites around the 15th century, which originated from Ancient Greek: αἱματίτης λίθος (haimatitēs lithos, "blood-red stone").

Ochre is a clay that is colored by varying amounts of hematite, varying between 20% and 70%.[5] Red ochre contains unhydrated hematite, whereas yellow ochre contains hydrated hematite (Fe2O3 • H2O). The principal use of ochre is for tinting with a permanent color.[5]

The red chalk writing of this mineral was one of the earliest in the history of humans. The powdery mineral was first used 164,000 years ago by the Pinnacle-Point man possibly for social purposes.[6] Hematite residues are also found in graves from 80,000 years ago. Near Rydno in Poland and Lovas in Hungary red chalk mines have been found that are from 5000 BC, belonging to the Linear Pottery culture at the Upper Rhine.[7]

Rich deposits of hematite have been found on the island of Elba that have been mined since the time of the Etruscans.

Ochre and painting being obvious and clear signs of an established cultural cognizance. I see no reason whatsoever to look for a thing given as a gift by God to Man anywhere but at the beginning of Man, unless one should put forth the position that God held back his greatest gift for (x) generations of Man for some Great Reason.

I am open to such a reason, these are merely my own lines of thinking

Schmuldvich
05-02-2017, 03:14 AM
Jar 1) slight preparation before hand. Filled slightly less than 1/3rd of way with sea salt, a small circle of water was added to the very center of the pile and 3 OMs intoned into it also, then the jar was left in darkness until the next full moon

Jar 2) filled partway with soil my niece had taken an interest in the day before (she's just turned 3, still very intuitive) just after midnight on the full moon so the soils saturation with the Lunar Light would be maximized.

Jar 3) is physically empty but Philosophically "full". At the time the experiment was performed (just after midnight of April the 13th) I simply held the jar aloft, open end directly towards the moon. I observed the rays of the moon and them interacting with themselves and obstructing each other and coagulating into an uncertain "pile" of unspecified potential Lunar energy, having been fed by the Sun and Hopefully impregnated by Mother moon, I was aware of its presence without picturing it or holding a concept of it in my mind, simply being aware that it was there. This went on for approx 10-15 minutes. I hope my neighbors didn't look out the window for some reason xD

I dug 3 small shallow holes in the earth where my niece had spontaneously begun digging the day before and lightly pressed the disturbed earth around the jars leaving the tips slightly above the dirt. Then I went inside until about 330, which is just before the first rays of the Sun would begin peaking out and disturbing the dew/mundi I was hoping to catch more of in my experiments.

All 3 jars are currently in a dark box side by side in a room temperature closet that also doesn't see any light. On the new moon I investigated them briefly and noticed condensation in all 3 jars but it's far too early and my glance far too brief to say what anything is. All 3 could easily be nothing.

Very cool! Thank you for sharing you experiments with us! Keep us updated!!

We love pictures!

The understanding I have is that a magnet is required to attract the SM, as SM is not available in use able abundance naturally, and that this SM after being collected may be Putrefyed and Distilled and Coagulated and Rectified and Purified all in and of itself, in one Vessel, and that once properly treated as such became the Universal Solvent or Menstruum or Alkehest.

That said I have not produced a Stone myself. However I think it would be fair to bid others who have not produced one either to refrain from absolute statements about what is where and used for which what.

...Of course you haven't!

NO ONE HERE HAS CREATED ANYTHING WORTHWHILE EITHER!

One of the biggest problems this message board has is its absolute obsession with "SM" (Spiritus Mundi). Some guy back in 2011 started a thread on the subject and for the longest time SM has become this website's favorite word (...empirical being the new buzzword, and decknamen before that).

For as much as it has been discussed (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2071-Spiritus-Mundi&p=46944#post46944), one would think we would have furthered our understanding of SM but such, as you can see, this is sadly not the case. In fact almost nobody has displayed a clear understanding of the subject, and even less have ever seen Spiritus Mundi with their own eyes.

Why is the focus so hard on Spiritus Mundi within this forum?

Be sure, Schum, that if I don't reply yet it is because I value your responses enough to hold a response of my own until I have had time to read all of it and reference the books and authors you mention. Don't think I don't notice a pile of gold when it's put before me!

I love reading. Lege, Lege, Relege etc

"Ora, Lege, Lege, Lege, Relege, Labora et Invenies" (Pray, Read, Read, Read, Read Again and You Shall Find) Great quote! Feel no need to rush with a reply or even reply at all. Alchemy takes a long period of time and tedious amounts of study to properly comprehend unless guided by an Initiate. At the end of the day, what is a week of study time? Barely a blink of an eye I say!

Salazius
05-02-2017, 08:02 AM

A magnet is not always required.
SM is abundant naturally in fact. It is everywhere and anytime. But there is a trick here no one gets.

After being treated as such, as you said, it is not the Universal Solvent. It is already one when pure and just collected. What you described is the confection of the Stone.

Take care.

Visceral
05-02-2017, 08:19 PM
A magnet is not always required.
SM is abundant naturally in fact. It is everywhere and anytime. But there is a trick here no one gets.

After being treated as such, as you said, it is not the Universal Solvent. It is already one when pure and just collected. What you described is the confection of the Stone.

Take care.

I am not aware of any way to collect raw SM in my own hands. It is my (vague) understanding that a Vessel of some kind is needed, I would assume that could be the same thing as what you used as a "Magnet" or Attractant.

Which brings me back round to my original blocking point. What vessel could hold a Universal Solvent, and/or how is the Magnet made to Congeal and "liquify" and every other descriptor given.

Is there a root or branch you could give my to explore that will lead to comprehension of this trick you speak of?

zoas23
05-02-2017, 09:41 PM
I am not aware of any way to collect raw SM in my own hands. It is my (vague) understanding that a Vessel of some kind is needed, I would assume that could be the same thing as what you used as a "Magnet" or Attractant.

Which brings me back round to my original blocking point. What vessel could hold a Universal Solvent, and/or how is the Magnet made to Congeal and "liquify" and every other descriptor given.

Is there a root or branch you could give my to explore that will lead to comprehension of this trick you speak of?

The idea of the "magnet" is identical to an hygroscopic that attracts water... if you leave a glass of potassium hydroxide, you will collect water.
A non magnetic way would be filling a bowl with ice and placing the same glass in the center of the ice, you will collect water too, but there is no "magnet".
More or less a similar logic applies. So if you want to collect water from the air, you can do it by using several different techniques. There isn't just ONE way.

The trick mentioned by Salazius is not different than the "3 golds" of the Hermetic Triumph: http://www.levity.com/alchemy/triumph5.html
(1. an Astral Gold. 2. an Elementary Gold. 3. a metallic gold).

I never saw any author or person claiming to have obtained the first in the preliminaries, always the second. The "trick" involves something similar to going from the second to the first. So Salazius is right.

The spirit that is captured, at least in ALL the cases I know, is always similar to the second kind of gold (maybe someone is getting the first one directly, I never heard of such thing, but I can't say that it's impossible... I simply never heard anyone even claiming to have done it... nor I saw a book that claims that such thing is possible).

The vessel is (in most cases) a glass vessel. Some old texts in a tricky way offer a BIG hint (i.e, Sincerus Renatus in his "The True preparation of the Philosopher's Stone" when he speaks about the "Materia Remota" -chapters 1 and 2- says something very specific that can only lead to a simple idea... He uses 2 vessels, one inside the other, which is OK... but the hint is given when he has his "Materia Remota" and has to do something very specific with the smaller vessel).

As Salazius said, the Spiritus Mundi that is captured is not the Universal Solvent, but its precursor... knowing the "trick" of going from the "captured Spiritus Mundi" to the "Universal Solvent" is almost like knowing it all.

Salazius
05-03-2017, 10:14 AM

Which brings me back round to my original blocking point. What vessel could hold a Universal Solvent, and/or how is the Magnet made to Congeal and "liquify"(...)

There are many ways of attractions, and many ways of manifestations.

Study Nature. How it holds it.

I gave hints in the "Spiritus Mundi" thread on this forum. And in fact, I just repeated what other ancient alchemists said.

Make tests, and never get bored.

Visceral
05-03-2017, 05:43 PM
There are many ways of attractions, and many ways of manifestations.

Study Nature. How it holds it.

I gave hints in the "Spiritus Mundi" thread on this forum. And in fact, I just repeated what other ancient alchemists said.

Make tests, and never get bored.

I read well the SM thread and took both your and Andros and GLs posts as containing true wisdom.

I have and continue to explore many variations of many tests. Some things I know well, other things I know not at all. I have activated my Merkaba and I fear no Dissolution of my consciousness in any possible realm any further. I have traveled the Elusian fields and seen the Minotaur who guards the Labyrinth. I defeated the Labyrinth and made it to the center and discovered the "plug" that holds our entire Omniverse from "falling" into the next one. I have seen the True Yggdrasill with my own eyes. I watched the Tree of Life gather what I would now describe as True Mundi, all golden sparkles being drawn in through it's roots to the tips to coagulate as dew drops to expand and give birth to all forms of creation. I saw these drops pop if they failed to pass the Test of Life and watched their energy return to the Soil to be again Re-Assimilated by the Tree. I saw the the ones that pass this test solidify with their own inherent existence and pop off the Tree and float into the sky to become their own Buddhaverses and stars in the Astral Realm. I understand very well the connection of Nature and the begetting of Seeds and how these lead to Life.

I have, with my own two hands, constructed what I can only honestly describe (perhaps I am wrong and do not know) as the most powerful plant subtance obtainable by man. It is a white crystalline substance occasionally red/yellow, occasionally as a gummy caramel-esque oil and when simply treated correctly with heat it opens a stable and reliable wormhole to what can only be described as another dimension. If there be more powerful plant magic than this, I can only say I do not wish to know of it.

Through (and probably because of all this) I have developed within myself several variations of what Hindu Yogis would refer to as Siddis. I can walk on handrails the width of two fingers with ease. Headstands, standing on my hands, almost all physical activity is as a childish trick to my mind. I am not even concerned with it, and so it comes easily.

One of the processes involved in activating a Merkaba is the unblocking of your Chakras and the clearing of your Kundalini Pathways. A side effect of this is I am almost never tired until it is obviously time for me to sleep. From waking until sleeping and even at work I am engaged in an activity that is somehow related to my goals.

Having achieved immortality of the consciousness, my only real goals now are to achieve a physical body that will endure until I am ready to pass onwards and the way I have discovered is known to us as the Philosophers Stone. The descriptions of the Stone meet every need I conceivably have right now, as my deepest desire at the moment is a private abode to conduct my research in without needing to engage in day to day distractions, like work.

If I had all the wealth in the world you can be sure the world itself would benefit from it immensely and you would probably never learn my real name. I could not be less interested in attention or adulation.

What I am after is True Knowledge.

Luxus
05-03-2017, 10:01 PM

We need to remember that the Ancients spoke in a vernacular not easily digested by modern man. When the old Adepts spoke or wrote down what they had to say, it was always written with veiled speech. You cannot take their words literally or follow their receipts directly. Where one Author could be referring to our starting Matter, another Author uses the same word to describe our Prima Materia. Both Authorities are correct in spirit while superficially disagreeing on the surface.

Many Adepts exoterically spoke of a subject while esoterically paralleling another very similar subject which can be absolutely perplexing, misleading, and confusing to the uninitiated Seeker especially when such writers purposely spoke about the Short Path when describing the Long Path and vice versa.

Taking time to read and understand what has been written in the past is something I cannot stress enough! One must have a foundation and familiarity with the Works and words of old Adepts before ever beginning trying to comprehend what they were attempting to convey to the honest Seeker. "A New Chemical Light" by Sendivogius and "An Open Entrance To The Closed Palace Of The King" by Philalethes are both great texts highly worthy of diligent study. There is a reason I posted that little excerpt from von Suchten; read it all. If reading is not your thing, pondering various series of Alchemical Images & Illustrations (https://philosophiauniversalis.com/alchemical-images/) may be more worth your time.

The top image (http://i.imgur.com/8UjeCbQ.jpg) I posted yesterday declares our Whole Art, whereas the bottom image (http://i.imgur.com/EMSdIOP.jpg) is a portrayal of the Short Path. Today I posted two more images I really admire. The picture at the top of this post is another bold declaration of our Art, and this bottom image is another depiction of the Short Path.

http://i.imgur.com/ckI9fVh.jpg

By prima materia I understand the starting matter also called Earth, Corpus, Lead, Saturn, Gold etc
When this prima materia is dissolved by Azoth it forms philosophical mercury (not to be confused with universal mercury)

I am however confused by the term short path and long path because at the moment I see only one path.

JDP
05-03-2017, 10:19 PM
By prima materia I understand the starting matter also called Earth, Corpus, Lead, Saturn, Gold etc
When this prima materia is dissolved by Azoth it forms philosophical mercury (not to be confused with universal mercury)

I am however confused by the term short path and long path because at the moment I see only one path.

See the following threads:

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4749-Be-Careful-with-Fulcanelli!&highlight=helvetius

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4765-Some-of-the-earliest-mentions-of-the-quot-dry-way-quot&highlight=helvetius

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4834-Short-Dry-Path-(Ars-Brevis)&highlight=helvetius

Visceral
05-05-2017, 05:06 AM
The idea of the "magnet" is identical to an hygroscopic that attracts water... if you leave a glass of potassium hydroxide, you will collect water.
A non magnetic way would be filling a bowl with ice and placing the same glass in the center of the ice, you will collect water too, but there is no "magnet".
More or less a similar logic applies. So if you want to collect water from the air, you can do it by using several different techniques. There isn't just ONE way.

The trick mentioned by Salazius is not different than the "3 golds" of the Hermetic Triumph: http://www.levity.com/alchemy/triumph5.html
(1. an Astral Gold. 2. an Elementary Gold. 3. a metallic gold).

I never saw any author or person claiming to have obtained the first in the preliminaries, always the second. The "trick" involves something similar to going from the second to the first. So Salazius is right.

The spirit that is captured, at least in ALL the cases I know, is always similar to the second kind of gold (maybe someone is getting the first one directly, I never heard of such thing, but I can't say that it's impossible... I simply never heard anyone even claiming to have done it... nor I saw a book that claims that such thing is possible).

The vessel is (in most cases) a glass vessel. Some old texts in a tricky way offer a BIG hint (i.e, Sincerus Renatus in his "The True preparation of the Philosopher's Stone" when he speaks about the "Materia Remota" -chapters 1 and 2- says something very specific that can only lead to a simple idea... He uses 2 vessels, one inside the other, which is OK... but the hint is given when he has his "Materia Remota" and has to do something very specific with the smaller vessel).

As Salazius said, the Spiritus Mundi that is captured is not the Universal Solvent, but its precursor... knowing the "trick" of going from the "captured Spiritus Mundi" to the "Universal Solvent" is almost like knowing it all.

I found that link to be quite illuminating, as far as alchemical texts go, in that it essentially further outlined the mysteries at hand, but I did find it comforting that my personal stumbling block is apparently THE stumbling block, so thank you for that.

Kio, is the technique you're referring to one of the many methods of "conjuring" the Dao, or bio hacking a Delta wave state, or "falling" into Sattori, or one of the other methods of mental backflipping to get your conscious ego mind/frontal lobe out of the way? I long ago lost count of how many of these I've researched and mastered or discarded along the way.

I am interested in producing an ACTUAL, PHYSICAL, TANGIBLE, STONE OF THE PHILOSOPHERS. I am interested in Mastering this Art that I may perfect my Hermetic Arts and with them work wonders in Nature in Accordance with Her Laws.

zoas23
05-05-2017, 06:08 PM
I found that link to be quite illuminating, as far as alchemical texts go, in that it essentially further outlined the mysteries at hand, but I did find it comforting that my personal stumbling block is apparently THE stumbling block, so thank you for that.

I am interested in producing an ACTUAL, PHYSICAL, TANGIBLE, STONE OF THE PHILOSOPHERS. I am interested in Mastering this Art that I may perfect my Hermetic Arts and with them work wonders in Nature in Accordance with Her Laws.

Yes, your "stumbling block" is hardly surprising, it is indeed THE "stumbling block".
There is a text I like a lot and I have linked several times: Speculum Sophicum Rhodostauroticum: http://atrightanglestoreality.blogspot.com.ar/2016/03/the-mirror-of-wisdom-of-rosy-cross-by.html

The text itself is 50% an alchemical text and 50% a "propaganda" text. "Propaganda" in the sense that it's one of the few texts I know that explains "the first half" of the process and doesn't explain the second half... and the "trick" there is "If you manage to complete the first half, then you will be invited to join us and we will explain you the second half" (in a funny way they never explained how the hell they will know that someone has completed the first half, which created a lot of publicly published open letters from people claiming to have done it and asking to be contacted).

So it is, indeed, the "hard part" of alchemy... and the reason that makes this "propaganda" text work. Creating a "precursor" to the Solvent is not incredibly complicated (they call it Parergon there, "side-work" or "preliminary work")... but you can get stuck there. I assume that this text must have sounded very attractive... someone was telling the ones who have managed to find the precursor that they will be "contacted" and the "hard part" will be explained. If doing it was very easy, then the "propaganda" itself would not make much sense.

Kiorionis
05-06-2017, 02:34 PM
I have created a few spin-off threads. Please continue the conversations in the relevant threads:

Speculum Sophicum Rhodostauroticum (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5260-Speculum-Sophicum-Rhodostauroticum)
Eastern Concepts of Ascension and Alchemy (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5257-Eastern-Concepts-of-Ascension-and-Alchemy)
Qualities of a Solvent (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?5259-Qualities-of-a-Solvent)

Visceral
05-06-2017, 05:15 PM
To say more on what is probably the common form of the true Magnet

The concentrate is then mixed with small amounts of limestone and clay,

http://geology.com/minerals/photos/taconite.jpg

the "black sands" gold panners are familiar with is actual a combination of mostly magnetite with other odd particles

http://geology.com/minerals/photos/magnetite-sand-303.jpg

Magnetite also acts as a spirit, which penetrates and aligns itself with Nature

Tiny crystals of magnetite are present in many rocks. In the crystallization of an igneous rock, tiny crystals of magnetite form in the melt, and because they are magnetic, they orient themselves with the direction and polarity of Earth's magnetic field. This preserves the orientation of Earth's magnetic field within the rock at the moment of crystallization.

http://geology.com/minerals/magnetite.shtml

Its color ranges include red to brown and black to gray to silver.

Even though hematite has a highly variable appearance, it always produces a reddish streak.

The name hematite is from the Greek word "haimatitis" which means "blood-red." That name stems from the color of hematite when it has been crushed to a fine powder. Primitive people discovered that hematite could be crushed and mixed with a liquid for use as a paint or cosmetic. Cave paintings, known as "pictographs," dating back to 40,000 years ago were created with hematite pigments

Hematite is used for a number of other purposes. It is a very dense and inexpensive material that is effective at stopping x-rays. For that reason it is used for radiation shielding around medical and scientific equipment.

http://geology.com/minerals/hematite.shtml

Andro
05-06-2017, 05:24 PM
To say more on what is probably the common form of the true Magnet

What makes a magnet a magnet? (alchemical, not common)

A magnet for what?

What makes THIS "magnet" (that you posted) an alchemical magnet?

Would you please elaborate on these three points?

Thanks.

Visceral
05-06-2017, 06:09 PM
What makes a magnet a magnet? (alchemical, not common)

A magnet for what?

What makes THIS "magnet" (that you posted) an alchemical magnet?

Would you please elaborate on these three points?

Thanks.

I will do my best to explain my thoughts on each of those three points

1) a magnet by any other name still holds the disposition of Attraction, and therefore Repulsion. This is true even if we consider it from the reverse (Repulsion also implies Attraction).

2) A magnet for one of the preliminary compounds required for the Magnum Opus (all clever riddles of from one begets two begets one aside)

3) Aside from all of the other qualities listed that match various stages of the starting compound from many and varied and oft quoted Adepts, it is also literally not a magnet yet still physically manifests forms of magnetism. I am unsure after the shuffling which posts and links made it through, so here again is a link to hematite for anyone wishing to look at its actual magnetic properties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematite

My position is that if you read the words of the Adepts and Masters, as well as follow my train of thought (or entertain it and explain where I err, if you could be so kind :) ) you will see that the end result is not only LITERALLY the best candidate (based on available description) but also PHILOSOPHICALLY the best candidate, from its deep history with man, recurrence with all of the mentioned ores/materials/metals that ARE mentioned by name while it itself never is mentioned by any Adept or Master I've read, its use and possession by nearly every great mind and artist known to Men by its easily explained away use of a common pigment, I could go on and on.

One of the first uses was as a pigment. The yellow form produced yellow ochre for which Cyprus was famous,[8] while the darker forms produced more earthy tones. Roasting the limonite changed it partially to hematite, producing red ochres, burnt umbers and siennas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limonite

Limonite often forms as a precipitate at springs and mine openings where acidic, iron-laden waters emerge from the subsurface

http://geology.com/minerals/limonite.shtml

Gray hematite is typically found in places that can have still standing water or mineral hot springs, such as those in Yellowstone National Park in North America. The mineral can precipitate out of water and collect in layers at the bottom of a lake, spring, or other standing water.

The English name of the stone is derived from Middle French: Hématite Pierre, which was imported from Latin: Lapis Hæmatites around the 15th century, which originated from Ancient Greek: αἱματίτης λίθος (haimatitēs lithos, "blood-red stone").

Red ochre contains unhydrated hematite, whereas yellow ochre contains hydrated hematite

The red chalk writing of this mineral was one of the earliest in the history of humans. The powdery mineral was first used 164,000 years ago by the Pinnacle-Point man possibly for social purposes.[6] Hematite residues are also found in graves from 80,000 years ago. Near Rydno in Poland and Lovas in Hungary red chalk mines have been found that are from 5000 BC, belonging to the Linear Pottery culture at the Upper Rhine

the spin canting properties of hematite:

The net result is a small perturbation, the extent of which depends on the relative strength of these effects.[
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_canting

The iron content of taconite, commonly present as finely dispersed magnetite, is generally 25% to 30%.

o process taconite, the ore is ground into a fine powder, the magnetite is separated from the gangue by strong magnets, and the powdered iron concentrate is combined with a binder such as bentonite clay and limestone as a flux.

Firing the pellet oxidizes the magnetite (Fe3O4) to hematite (Fe2O3),

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taconite

Schmuldvich
05-06-2017, 07:58 PM

Notice that in the Golden Chain of Homer our Prima Materia is in the exact middle of the chain; this is a huge elucidation for us!

http://i.imgur.com/qsHzOL3.jpg

What this image reveals speaks volumes. We can see that our Materia Prima Omnium Corporum Sublimarium is the result of our [circle with vertical line] and [circle with horizontal line] united together. In other words, the result of the Conjunction of our volatile Salt and fixed Salt is what is called Prima Materia.

There is only One Path. One Way. One Method of the Ancients. This Universal Path is the "Long Path". The "Short Path" I occasionally mention is merely an Abbreviation of the Long Path.

This Abbreviation can be envisioned in the mind when picturing the process of grafting trees. You cannot graft a tree to another tree if you only have one single tree and not another to graft onto. You must grow out this one single tree before it can have another tree grafted onto it, in other words you must take the Long Path. Once this tree has grown, if we have in our repertoire another tree we would like to graft onto this current tree we can do so, or take the Short Path.

We have to remember though that in order to have this second tree, it has to come from somewhere! Unless gifted to us by another person, the only way to bring this second Tree we want to graft into perfection is to procure it from the One single original tree we started with. Then we can take a shortcut or go down the Short Path if we desire. Without proper Preparation and Maturation occurring first we cannot venture down this quick way of working which is why the Adepts have labeled this hurdle as a Gate one must pass through before a successful accomplishment.

http://i.imgur.com/fts59rB.jpg

alfr
05-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Weidenfeld philosophy spiritus wines and philosophical menstruous homeric chain homeri etc
And what are the true philosophical solvents of Weidenfeld, the creation of the true magnet, and the creation of true adrop gum green and true white philosophale salmiac etc.
See Weidenfeld's prodromus book 5 on menstruis phil composed of different oils/(l'oleosum etc of Weidenfeld etc)etc different extracted secrets obtained and united by kingdoms as is also indicated in the golden chain homeri etc

Hi every body

So I think it's serious and interesting (to do it as always, it is always our own conscience to the original sources too little known) since it is being reasoned and trying to deepen and reveal
The various aspects of the true philosophical solvents essential to the great alchemical work and that is indeed worth reading from Weidenfeld's secret texts to read to study and experiment the theoretical and operational bases of spiritus wines philosophici menstrui philosophali as well as the creation of the true magnet and Of the true green gum adrop etc

And to seriously analyze them as a starting point, as these authentic passages for the acquisition of these philosophical subjects are directly and explicitly described by Weidenfeld in his prodromus to his secret book 5 of the secrets of adeptorum etc
And Weidenfeld's nb and the real operating methods (similar to those in the homeric gold chain) to obtain philosophic solvents made up of the secretion of oilseed extracts or naturally acidified and mortified oleosum etc (as Weidenfeld in his prodromus) c 'Is much more ... and all clearly and explicitly indicated in various manuscripts
But manuscripts that have not yet been made public, in fact exist (as we already said in another post) both of Weidenfeld's and Parisian Christophorus's pupils and other alchemists in the same sector van helmont etc etc, both internal and secret manuscripts (and these large Alchemists exist and are still practiced today as well) manuscripts that precisely because the interior has always been secret and practiced secretly in the real r traditional alchemical environments and these texts and manuscripts as they can be seen are very generous and extremely clear and explicit (nb But that if modern technology now looks for them now on the internet, now available to anyone) and these are manuscripts on which still today (in our present day) some traditional and true lineage groups and cenacles rc tutt Nowadays they work and practice doing these profound alchemical arcani phil with very interesting results You and very deep

And extracting the philosophical wine from the true green grapes of the essays and obtaining the creation of the true magnet and the creation of the true adrop rubber and the true shiny white salmiac phil that are aspects of the true matter from which then phase by phase to pass the colors and elaborate The stone phil etc

But what are these various achievements of specific achievements of the various alchemicals and how to do that and what is really and what the wise are really pointing to is another story we will also face in the future

But in the meantime I would say that for the moment we can begin to analyze everything based on true traditional data that were internal and operational to the true alchemists And to that I think that the Latin prodromus of Weidenfeld's secret book 5 (and the relative extractions of translations and transcriptions of prodromus made by Latin all English) I think that can already be an important good starting point for serious and true analysis and true theoretical and operational deepening of the traditional arcades spiritus wines philosophical the cration of the gum adrop the true phil salmiac etc etc

So let's talk directly about the Weidenfeld etc that was really (as read by everyone) open to the alchemical initiatory centers and cenacles of the sages that in their time still existed and that they learned the true arcani and the real compositions Operative spiritus philosophical wines, the creation of the true magnet ,The creation of the true gum adrop , and the true phil salmiac etc etc

my best regard alfr

links

From-Weidenfeld-s-Prodromus-Libri-Secundi-1
J. S. W. Prodromus libri secundi de Medicinis, vel potius dispositio libri

here are some extracts very interesting of prodromus about the method for SVP used by Weidenfeld etc
here cap 4 to cap 10 and and all they are translated in English all prodromus it is of 24 cap

https://www.scribd.com/document/341659938/From-Weidenfeld-s-Prodromus-Libri-Secundi-1

Johann Seger Weidenfeld
J. S. W. Prodromus libri secundi de Medicinis, vel potius dispositio libri

here all conplete book the Prodromus at the book 5 secretun adeptorum by Johann Seger Weidenfeld but it is in latin

https://books.google.it/books?id=CIxmAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA339&hl=it&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::

spiritus vini philosophici di Weidenfeld e philosofici menstrui catena aurea homeri etc
e cosa sono secondo il Weidenfeld etc i veri solventi philosophali, la creazione del vero magnete, e creazione della vera gomma verde adrop e del vero salmiac bianco philosophale etc
vedasi prodromus book 5 di Weidenfeld sui menstrui phil composti da differenti oli/(l'oleosum etc del Weidenfeld etc) etc differenti segreti estratti ottenuti e uniti dai regni come è indicato anche nella catena aurea homeri etc

hi every body

penso dunque che sia serio e interessante (rifarci come sempre è nostra consetudine sempre alle fonti originali anche molto poco conosciute ) visto che si sta ragionando e cercando di approfondire e svelare
i vari aspetti dei veri segreti solventi filosofali indispensabili alla grande opera alchemica e a cio valga veramente la pena di leggere dai testi segreti del Weidenfeld etc di leggere studiare e sperimentare le basi teoriche e operative dello spiritus vini philosophici menstrui philosophali nonche la creazione del vero magnete e della vera gomma verde adrop etc

e di seriamente dunque analizzarle come partenza come questi autentici pasaggi dell'otteninimento di queste materie philosophali sono direttamente ed esplicitamente descritti dal Weidenfeld nel suo prodromus al suo segreto libro 5 dei segreti adeptorum etc

e nb del Weidenfeld e sui veri metodi operativi (similare a quelli nella catena aurea homeri ) per ottenere dei solventi philosofali composti con l'unione di segreti estratti oleosi o l' oleosum acidicificato e mortificato naturalmente etc (come dice il Weidenfeld nel suo prodromus ) c'è molto di piu... ed tutto chiaramente ed esplicitamente indicato in vari manoscritti

ma manoscritti etc che ancora non sono stati resi pubblici infatti esistono (come gia dicemmo in altro post) sia del Weidenfeld che del discepolo di lullo cristoforo parigino e di altri alchimisti dello stesso settore van helmont etc etc manoscritti interni e segreti (e di questi grandi alchimisti esistono e sono tutt'ora praticati da cenacoli anche attualmente ) manoscritti che proprio perche interni sono sempre stati segreti e praticati segretamente nei veri r tradizionali ambienti alchemici e questi testi e manoscritti come ben si vedra sono molto generosi ed estremamente chiari ed espliciti (nb ma che se invece ora ben cercati la tecnologia moderna li mette ora in internet etc ora a disposizione di chiunque ) e questi sono manoscritti su cui tutt'ora oggi (nei nostri odierni tempi )alcuni gruppi e cenacoli di derivazione tradizionale e vero lignaggio rc tutt'ora oggi lavorano e praticano ben realizzando questi profondi alchemici arcani phil con risultati veramente molto interessanti e molto profondi

es estraendo il vino filosofale dalle vere uve verdi dei saggi e ottenendone la creazione del vero magnete e la creazione della vera gomma adrop e il vero lucente bianchissimo phil salmiac che sono aspetti della vera materia da cui poi fase per fase farle passare i colori ed elaborare la pietra phil etc

ma cosa siano questi vari risultati di specifici ottenimenti delle varie materie alchemiche e come fare cio e cosa è realmente e cosa a riguardo a cio realmente indicano i saggi è un 'altra storia che affronteremo anche in avanti

ma intanto direi che per il momento possiamo per iniziare analizzare tutto cio basandoci su veri dati tradizionali che furono interni e operativi ai veri alchimisti e a cio penso che il prodromus latino del libro 5 segreto del Weidenfeld (e i relativi questi estratti di traduzioni e trascrizioni del prodromus fatte dal latino all'inglese) possa gia essere una importante buona base iniziale di seria e vera di analisi e vero approfondimento teorico e operativo sugli arcani tradizionali spiritus vini filosophici gomma adrop vero phil salmiac etc etc

dunque a cio lasciando parlare direttamente il Weidenfeld etc che realmente era (come da lettura a tutti sara palese) in contatto con i centri e i cenacoli iniziatici alchemici dei saggi che nel suo tempo ancora sussistevano e che da loro apprese i veri arcani e le vere composizioni operative dei spiritus vini filosophici ,la creazione del vero magnete
la creazione della gomma adrop , e il vero phil salmiac etc etc

Andro
05-08-2017, 12:14 PM
The 5th Book of Weidenfeld does indeed decode much of his first 4 books.

For researchers of the Philosophical Spirit of Wine, this book is invaluable.

Alfr, does the Latin document you posted also contain the 5th book? It is extremely rare and difficult to locate/obtain.

Schmuldvich
05-09-2017, 04:30 AM
Always a pleasure reading your posts, Alfr! (same as Al.br elsewhere?)

But manuscripts That have not Been yet made public, in fact exist (as we Already said in another post) Both of Weidenfeld's and Parisian Christophorus's pupils and other alchemists in the same sector van Helmont etc etc, both internal and secret manuscripts (and These large alchemists exist and are still Practiced today as well) manuscripts That precisely Because the interior has Always Been secret and Practiced secretly in the real r These environments and traditional alchemical texts and manuscripts can be seen as they are very generous and extremely clear and explicit (nb That But if modern technology now looks for them now on the internet, now available to anyone) and These Are manuscripts on Which still today (in our present day) some traditional and true lineage groups and cenacles rc tutt Nowadays they work and practice doing These profound alchemical mysteries phil with very interesting results You and very deep and extracting the philosophical wine from the true green grapes of the essays and Obtaining the creation of the true magnet and the creation of the true adrop rubber and the true shiny white salmiac phil That are aspects of the true matter

Can you speak more of this Magnet?

I am curious about what other Authors or Texts you are specifically referring to that have not been made public yet. Do you have access to any of these?

alfr
05-09-2017, 08:29 AM
hi Schmuldvich

I would say that in the Weidenfeld prodromus to book 5 of the Secretum Adeptorum that is a very little known text there is much to be analyzed deepen and understand on the true and very deep traditional alchemy
well and therefore if all agree we start seriously starting from it
(the rest that there..manuscripts clears and operatives of cristoforo parigino es: him mss violetta, summetta, elucidario , van hemont Weidenfeld. etc) all this The rest that is there...Will be step by step according to how it will be seen that the in-depth analysis and analysis on Weidenfeld Prodromus to the book 5 of the secretum adeptorum
Where I would say that there about trues arcani alchemicals : spiritus vini phil the creation of magnet and of the gun adrop etc in this book prodromus there is much From which wel start for well Understand and much Deepen it

my best regard alfr

Visceral
05-14-2017, 09:29 PM
I thought it would be best, O friendly searcher of Nature, to discuss the matter more in detail, in order that you might the more readily know and make use of the substance of our Stone! For if you attempted to produce our Stone out of an animal substance you would fail, because the two things belong to different natural orders. For the Stone is a mineral, but you would be trying to fashion it out of an animal substance. "But nothing," says our Richard, in his first chapter, "can be got out

p. 20

of a thing which is not in it. Therefore every species, every genus, every natural order, is naturally developed within its own limits, bearing fruit after its own kind, and not within some other essentially different order: everything in which seed is sown must correspond to its own seed." And Basil. Valentinus says: "Consider and know, my friend, that you must not select an animal soul for this your purpose. For flesh and blood were given by the Creator to animals, and are proper to animals, and from them animals are formed and brought forth." For this reason I wonder at those who wish to be regarded as great adepts, and yet look for the substance of the stone in female menstruums, the seminal fluid, eggs, hairs, urine, and similar things, and are not ashamed to fill so many volumes with their vain and worthless recipes, and to deceive the ignorant with such foolish, futile, and useless speculations. Roger, in his "Mirror" (cp. iii.), expresses his amazement at the folly of these men when he exclaims: "How strange that any sane person should look for what he wants in the animal and vegetable worlds, which have nothing whatever to do with the object of his search, while the mineral world is quite as ready to his hand. It is incredible that any philosopher should establish his art on such a remote foundation, except indeed by way of allegory." "For our Stone (says Basil.) is not made of combustible things. Verily that Stone and the matter thereof are safe from all such violence, therefore cease to seek it in the animal kingdom; for Nature herself could not find it there." Again, whoever hopes to find it in the vegetable world, as, for instance, in trees, herbs, flowers, is quite as much mistaken as he who would change an animal into a stone. Plants and trees, with all that they produce, may be consumed by fire, and leave nothing behind but the dust out of which they are made, and the salt which at the first creation of their species they received from Nature. Let no one be misled by the confident assertions of those who pretend that they can produce the Philosopher's Stone out of wheat, or out of wine. These persons fancy they understand the meaning of a certain passage in the writings of Raymond Lullius, but they exhibit the depth of their folly by the assumption of profound wisdom, and thus only deceive themselves and others. I do not deny that some excellent solvents, indispensable both

p. 21

to the physician and to the chemist, are obtained from these sources; but I do most positively deny that the Philosopher's Stone can be prepared, or its seed elicited, from them, since the Creator has ordained that nothing should overstep the bounds of the natural order to which it was originally assigned. Hence every true disciple of wisdom may gather that the substance of the Stone is to be obtained neither in the animal nor in the vegetable world, seeing that both are combustible. We must therefore look for it among incombustible things, that is to say, in the mineral world, and thence only can we prepare it. Since, then, the Stone of the Wise is mineral, and there are different kinds of minerals, as stones (including clay and the different varieties of earth), salts, general minerals, and metals, we must further ask, in which of all these it is contained. We may at once eliminate stones, because they contain no fusible mercury, and cannot be incited, dissolved, or divided into their component parts on account of the large quantity of foreign sulphur and earthly substance which cleave to them.

Nor will the wise investigator of Nature's secrets expect to find the substance of the Blessed Stone in salts, alums, or similar minerals. [n them he meets with a sharp, corroding, destructive spirit, but mercury and sulphur, as understood by philosophers, he would vainly look for. General minerals, like magnesia, bismuth, antimony, etc., can never under any circumstances become metals; how, then, can the substance of this Stone, which is the essential perfection of all metals and minerals, be obtained from them? Moreover, they have nothing in common with metals, but do burn, corrode, and destroy them:—how then can they be the means of their improvement?

Hear what Richard the Englishman has to say on this head (cp. x.): "The lesser minerals cannot become metals—First, because they were not generated out of the elementary substance of metals, which is quicksilver. But seeing that their generation differs from the generation of metals in form, and substance, and composition, they can never become metals, because things belonging to the same species have the same elementary sub- stance, and spring from the same seed. But the lesser minerals are not generated from mercury, as we learn from Aristotle and Avicenna. If they were to become metals, they would have to

p. 22

change into the elementary substance of metals. And, since such a transformation is beyond the power of chemistry, they can never become metals; that is to say, they can never be the substance of the Stone. Second, since the lesser minerals cannot ber come the elementary substance of metals, which is mercury, they can never reach the middle and the end of the same development, namely, metals and the tincture. But because the properties of the lesser minerals are foreign to those of the metals, although they may have some of the virtues of minerals, yet on the whole they are less excellent and are liable to be injured by fire. Therefore the nature of metals delights not in them, but repels them, while it receives that which is suited to it. For this reason they are foolish who bring in so many foreign speculations for the purpose of imposing upon their hearers; for the things they put forward are altogether unlike metals and can never receive nor impart their nature."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/hm1/hm104.htm

just something I've been reading that I thought was relevant herd