PDA

View Full Version : hi there!

Ligeia
02-16-2009, 10:51 AM
i'm new =)

i am 18, a girl and live in germany. there are no useful german alchemy forums so i registered here. i hope you don't mind my imperfect english^^

my hobbies are reading, painting, writing, playing the piano, yoga, baking and obviously i'm interested in alchemy since a few days. i want to discover the secret of eternal life =P i know it sounds silly, but i guess you guys understand me.

see you!

Awani
02-16-2009, 03:08 PM
From what I understand there are some good sites in French, but alas I can't speak French so sites like this one is the next best thing!

There are a lot of talk here about eternal life, and there are no silly questions. I don't think eternal physical life is possible, but I think there are ways to prolong life for many more years than what is normal.

Welcome!

:cool:

Salazius
02-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Ligeia, welcome on board !

Don't worry for your English, if you have problems take the English dictionary proposed by firefox, it can help quite a lot to write good posts without errors.

I speak french and i can say that on alchemy forums opened to public, there are interesting things but not really marvelous ... but this site, here, is far open minded and people share a lot more their experiences, almost no taboo here (hey, I said *almost* because we are in an alchemy board) .

What do you mean by "eternal life" ? Life Itself IS Eternity. This is the real goal, because, ultimately bodies disappear one day.

If you read Baird Thomas Spalding books you can see example of Masters in Himalaya that lived in a body for hundred of years. In yoga we know the Mahavatar Sri Sri Babaji for example.

If you want "absolutely-prolong-your-life (in the body)", you'll cannot achieve this by alchemy. Because it is a proof of your fear of death, which means you are not loving Eternal Life more than your temporary and limited body.

To Live, you have to die several times before, this is the law, it's called in alchemy the creation/multiplication of the Stone, or the Magnum Opus. It's the cycle until everything dissolves into Light.

Vlad
02-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi Ligeia

Start with this

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ORMUS/presentations/Dallas1.htm

Ligeia
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
thanks for the nice welcome! =)

maybe the term "eternal life" was badly chosen. i do clearly not wish to live forever in this body. however i believe that it is possivle to live far longer than around 80 years like most people. salazius gave some example of people who accomplished that.

i don't think it is possible to achive a lifespan of a couple hundred years using just one method. so i try differrent things and alchemy offers a lot of interesting thoughts.

another thing i have to say about that life/death/life/everything becomes light circle. maybe i am alone with my opinion, maybe i feel like this because i am very young, but i just don't want to become light one day. life is so full of experieces that i don't think i will ever have enough of it. but maybe one day i will. like a song that has been my favourite song for years and i listen to it over and over again until one day i am just sick of it. but then it's time for a new favourite song =P maybe some other life then. completely different from earth, but hopefully no plain light. (at least for me)

@ vlad: sure, i'll have a look when i have a spare moment. thanks^^

Awani
02-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Here is a related thread of a more scientific nature:

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=13

:cool:

sleeveless
02-16-2009, 11:31 PM
WELCOME:D

Iam not good in english too!!!;)
but it is soo nice to just read what everybody say!!

so thank you everybody!

Aleilius
02-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Hi, welcome to alchemy forums! It's good to have you aboard. :)

When I was much younger I had the same vision as you. I wanted to find a way to live an eternal life. After aging 10+ years I now understand the folly of such a belief. I would love to extend life in my physical body, but living forever imprisoned in physicality would indeed be a great curse. It was never meant for our eternal soul to be bound to imperfect matter.

Physical life can be extended, but not extended indefinitely. The body is an imperfect container for the universal spirit. As we grow older, our body leaks more and more of this energy, and loses the ability to receive it from the aether. Depletion & tinging of this energy causes aging, imperfect mutation (disease, cancer, etc), and then finally death. If you can increase the bodies supply of this energy, and decrease the negative tinging effect the ego has on this energy, then it becomes possible to extend life. This can be accomplished through alchemical means, or by pure spiritual means.

Dizardos
02-17-2009, 06:35 AM
i'm new =)

i am 18, a girl and live in germany. there are no useful german alchemy forums so i registered here. i hope you don't mind my imperfect english^^

my hobbies are reading, painting, writing, playing the piano, yoga, baking and obviously i'm interested in alchemy since a few days. i want to discover the secret of eternal life =P i know it sounds silly, but i guess you guys understand me.

see you!

Welcome Ligeia!

The quest for eternal life is not silly at all. There is no aim in the world that is higher than that. All is worthless without health. The very fact that we are able to conceive such ideas shows its possibility.

It is definitely possible to become centuries old by alchemy alone. Those who say something to the contrary simply do not possess the true Stone. I shall give you a few examples:

Friederich Gualdus was four hundred years of age. He could have become much older if he did not accidentally drown. Accidents are probably also the reason that most 'only' reach the age of a few centuries.
Source: Revelation of the True Chemical Wisdom (http://www.rexresearch.com/alchemy3/gualdus.htm)

M. de Comte de St. Germain whose exact age is hard to determine since it not known whether he has died at all, but it does not sound unlikely that he would have at least reached an age of three centuries.
Source: The Comte De St. Germain - Secret of Kings (http://books.google.com/books/p/pub-4297897631756504?id=Jb1LN0s1yZ8C&pg=PA97&dq=comte+de+st.+germain#PPP1,M1)

Artephius who says in his own book that he is already more than a thousand years old (and we can only guess how old he has or will become).
Source: Secret Book of Artephius (http://www.rexresearch.com/alchemy/artephus.htm)

As a side note I would like to add that alchemy not only offers health and wealth, but also extraordinary abilities that other men do not possess as can be seen in the works about Comte de St. Germain and Gualdus.

It is thus clear that no other art can match what alchemy can do. Other teachings scratch at the surface, attempting to understand Life, while alchemy enters its most inner sanctum.

It is of great importance to understand that there are many (conflicting) streams of practical and spiritual alchemists. It is perhaps the unfortunate fate that most who study alchemy never will master it. It is thus quintessential to realize where the information you study is coming from and thus what its quality is. It will in most cases pull you down, instead of lifting you up if you are not careful. The strongest foundation can be created by starting out to study only the works of true adepts instead of listening to the opinions of the self-proclaimed experts. Listen to your own voice of reason when studying alchemical works for a small alchemical treatise can create a thousand different opinions on how to proceed in the Great Work. A library full of alchemical knowledge will help you more than a laboratory. Make sure you truly master the theory before you start out with the work. It should save you a lot of time, money and suffering. The main reason why most people fail in alchemy is that they want to have the treasures that alchemy offers, but do not possess the dedication that is required for the mastery of it. The unfortunate truth for those men is that alchemy requires the greater part of one's essence if success is the aim.

Good luck!

Aleilius
02-17-2009, 08:23 AM
The quest for eternal life is not silly at all. There is no aim in the world that is higher than that. All is worthless without health. The very fact that we are able to conceive such ideas shows its possibility.
You do realize the meaning of eternal right? All physical matter must come to an end at some point. Thus, it's impossible to stay incarnated in a physical body for all eternity. However, it's not impossible to extend life for hundreds, and perhaps even thousands of years. The body was always meant to be a stepping stone - like a bicycle with training wheels. The ultimate goal is to outgrow the NEED for a body. Human's were never meant to stay imprisoned in physicality - it's alien to us.

It is thus quintessential to realize where the information you study is coming from and thus what its quality is. It will in most cases pull you down, instead of lifting you up if you are not careful. The strongest foundation can be created by starting out to study only the works of true adepts instead of listening to the opinions of the self-proclaimed experts.
This is very important, and I should thank you for mentioning this. Always follow your OWN light of reason when trying to understand alchemy. This is a personal path, and neither I, nor Dizardos, possess all the keys to the art. Like Dizardos mentioned, beware of self-proclaimed masters, and other supposed experts. You can always trust a seeker of the Stone, but beware of those who claim to possess the "true" Stone.

Ligeia
02-17-2009, 12:23 PM
living forever imprisoned in physicality would indeed be a great curse. It was never meant for our eternal soul to be bound to imperfect matter.

maybe. but what if i like being imprisoned? i don't believe there is one universal truth for all or that all souls are the same and are happy with the same things (like becoming light). our "core" is surely of the same divine material (in lack of a better word), but we are all individuals. i believe existance is a paradox, a circle, and while it may be true that after some incarnations we become enlightened and enter nirvana to melt with everything else and become one and leave all physical existence behind, that state will not be the end or the great goal. it will be boring after some time like everything else. and then maybe we want to be bound to an imperfect body again? at least i do. the meaning of all this is to entertain i think. there could as well be nothing, right? not even happy light. but there is. all at the same time and for me it feels right to believe that i won't become light one day and stay like that forever.

It is thus clear that no other art can match what alchemy can do. Other teachings scratch at the surface, attempting to understand Life, while alchemy enters its most inner sanctum.

well, actually i don't believe that. like i said above, we are all different and different ways may appeal to different people. there are so many paths of achieving enlightment and i think the truth can only be found if you leave those.

It is thus quintessential to realize where the information you study is coming from and thus what its quality is. It will in most cases pull you down, instead of lifting you up if you are not careful. The strongest foundation can be created by starting out to study only the works of true adepts instead of listening to the opinions of the self-proclaimed experts.

thank you for the advise. it's true with everything, not only alchemy and i am always aware and reflect over what i hear to determine the real truth.

Jerry
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
"Artephius who says in his own book that he is already more than a thousand years old ...."

Or the explanation is that he lived the normal life expectancy and what he was expressing was the observation (by entering the most inner sanctum) that he had lived several times before (and died) for a cumulative total of over one thousand years.

Dizardos
02-17-2009, 06:26 PM
You do realize the meaning of eternal right? All physical matter must come to an end at some point. Thus, it's impossible to stay incarnated in a physical body for all eternity. However, it's not impossible to extend life for hundreds, and perhaps even thousands of years. The body was always meant to be a stepping stone - like a bicycle with training wheels. The ultimate goal is to outgrow the NEED for a body. Human's were never meant to stay imprisoned in physicality - it's alien to us.

Hi Aleilius,

In practice you are right that the limit will likely be thousands of years, but the entire Art is meant to go against everything that is perceived as 'natural' and to constantly master all the limits that appear on the horizon of existence. I nevertheless do not see any need to outgrow the body. Spirit and matter need each other more than might be perceived (and while I know that I have incorrectly formulated this, I hope you understand what I mean).

Have a nice day everyone!

Clayrn Darrow
02-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Ah, it appears that we have brewed up a wonderful discussion! If I may put my opinion into the pot: The only thing that a man has to worry about is decay. "The ultimate goal is to outgrow the NEED for a body. Human's were never meant to stay imprisoned in physicality - it's alien to us."--brilliant.