PDA

View Full Version : Max temp to avoid dead metal

Axismundi000
06-27-2017, 12:34 AM
What in people's opinion is the maximum temperature to heat a mineral to prepare or purify it. Yet not to heat it too much that it becomes a dead metal, keep the 'philosophic' nature of the mineral. Does this vary between minerals or is there a general threshold temperature like for example Dubuis gave 90Centigrade for plants? I know with some mineral mixtures if you heat them too long they change to a not so useful compound. Like I mention I'm thinking do they have a general threshold temperature that should not be exceeded?

zoas23
06-27-2017, 01:22 AM
There isn't a magic number like 500C, because the melting point, boiling point, etc of metals changes a lot, thought you sure know it. For SOME experiments it is interesting to prepare the metal by staying close to the melting point... Some 20C above, 20C below. I mean oscillating the temperature and making them melt, then going down the melting point, then melting again... And so on.

elixirmixer
06-27-2017, 03:18 AM
90 degrees for plant life is way too high IMO (what plant do you know that can live at 90 degrees?)

In any kingdom, The idea of getting (life force) from any kingdom, is mostly found in the ability to use cold traps to trap the EXTREMELY SUBTLE moisture's that ascend from a mineral sample that's being heated. This is the Spiritus Vini of a thing, and it is required to volatize the Earth and Sal Ammonical aspects of your prima materia.

90 degrees is far far too high for plants as anything subtle and volatile will run speedily away from anything in that temperature zone.
I cannot speak as much about metals because I do not have the experience, however, whatever temperate is capable of slowly extracting a moisture from your mineral, is the temp you should use, and should not exceed that temperature, until ALL of the moisture has come over, and you have trapped it.

It is this moisture that holds some of the greatest power of the minerals, not to take away from the other powerful aspects that lie hidden within.

I know what your thinking, your thinking "elixir mixer is just explaining the Robert Bartlett Lead acetate extractions"

No... If you read closely, I've said that the moisture should come FROM THE MINERAL, not its acetated form.

This is still to be properly tested in the Lab, but if ive learnt anything about alchemical theory, its that, good theory is a universal truth, and all natural minerals should come, in-built with a subtle moisture, which, if handled correctly, can create eagles in your work.

Good day to you all :)

Axismundi000
06-27-2017, 11:23 AM
In my experience 90 Centigrade is the max for plant I have had succesfull outcomes with alcohol distilling at 80-85 Centigrade and the Lysol left behind in the retort still rich with the etheric 'Sulphur' of the plant I had fermented. A lower temperature 50 Centigrade I think Dubuis specifies for animal work and I can't find the reference but I'm thinking he gave 900 Centigrade for mineral but that does seem high to me. I know that some disagree with Dubuis idea of vegetable life and by inference the temperatures for animal and mineral.

I'm thinking I shall heat some ore in my little electric kiln and then compare its 'life' to an untouched piece to find what a good temperature range is.

@zoas23 I like your at the edge of melting suggestion very solve et coagula, thanks.

Axismundi000
07-01-2017, 09:08 AM
I cooked a chip of malachite in the kiln at 650Centigrade yesterday. The result was clearly copper oxide but the 'life' it seemed to me was much diminished. I will try a lower temperature which still changes the malachite to an oxide.