PDA

View Full Version : How to make Ferro-fluid (and Ferro-cells)

elixirmixer
10-24-2017, 05:56 AM
Step one: Add 20 grams of iron nails (or any other cheap source of iron) to 100mls of hot water.

Step two: Add 100mls of 36% HCL. If you are in a well ventelated place and have an electric hot-plate, you may boil the mixture but be careful. The boiling is not neccesary, it just speeds up the reaction which can take quite some time.

Step 3: Where all your nails (or steel wool) has dissolved, then carefully stir in 200mls of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. This will oxidize ferro-chloride into ferric-chloride (ADDITIONAL NOTE: from my experience, this is enough, if you continue to add peroxide, it will oxidize your ferric chloride to ferric oxide and you'll have to start again)

Step 4: Add to your mixture a strong glass of green tea.

Congratulations; you just synthesized your first
Nano-particles!

Step 5: Take your nanotechnology and pour it into an auto-clave reaction vessel (you can make these yourself quite simply with plumbing pieces, there are videos online i believe)

Step 6: Cook those suckers for 10 hours on 200 degrees. Take out the Autoclave and allow to cool.

Step 7: SLOWLY open the reaction vessel. If all went well there should be gas coming out so be very csreful and do it slowly so it doesnt pop and go everywhere.

Step 8: choose an oil of your liking. People use anything from WD40, mineral motor oils, vegetable oils ect.

Im personally interested to make the Spagyric oil of Iron and see if this does anything special to the nano-particals.

And your done. FERROFLUID!

If your interested in magnetics, nothing is more vital IMO than owning your own ferro-cell. small ones start at about $79US and go $300 plus for the nice ones.

However you can make your own ferro-cell by placing ferro-fluid in between two sheets of glass, squeezing all the airbubbles out, and pointing LED's from the edges of the glass inward. When a magnet is placed underneath the cell, you are abke to see the very shape of the magnetic flux in the cell; quite amazing really. I find watching videos of ferrocells quite therapeutic.

The things I do for you people; gosh ;)

elixirmixer
10-25-2017, 10:26 AM
Warning! These experiments are very likely to result in headaches and chemical burns.

Chlorine gas can be produced when oxidizing Ferro to ferric.

ArcherSage
10-26-2017, 01:13 AM
I love anything related to magnetism and fields.

elixirmixer
10-26-2017, 01:28 AM
Have you heard of "The Rodin Coil"?

Very interesting. Absolutly vital for anyone wanting to develope new technologies. I recommend a look into it for seriously EVERYONE. The rodin coil; and other related understandings, will be the key to a whole range of new technologies; most especially ones relating to electricity and magnetism.

ArcherSage
10-26-2017, 01:33 AM
Have you read Ken Wheeler's book on magnetism? It sides with Tesla by taking on particle physics and the like by explaining the same things with fields and waves only